• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tiny Tower |OT| Elevator action, Dream-Jobs & Bitbook updates

AlkalineSolo

Neo Member
i dont know what it is about 'service' bitizens but i cannot get one to move into my tower. i have 3 different service floors still needing 1 more employee but not a single service bitizen has moved in in the last 4 days.

even got a real estate agent vip and still no dice. Bahhhhh!

Jasoco

Banned
Whoa... I didn't know the Real Estate Agent filled up entire apartments. I thought it was just one at a time? I just got 4 people at once.

Jasoco said:
Whoa... I didn't know the Real Estate Agent filled up entire apartments. I thought it was just one at a time? I just got 4 people at once.
That's new for this update =)

brotkasten, just update, man. The new stuff is awesome. The lift is a BEAST.

toythatkills said:
That's new for this update =)

brotkasten, just update, man. The new stuff is awesome. The lift is a BEAST.
But I need as many coins as possible and I don't check on the game that much anymore. I need at least two new apartments, before I can open a new business and that's not going to happen, when I get slowed down by that bug.

The game only slows you down when it's open, you get the proper amount of coins when it's running in the background, so if you're only checking to restock for a minute now and then, you lose practically nothing.

Finally updated from 1.0, everything seems so fast now :) I really hope the 1.3.1 update comes out soon though. I also wish I didn't waste 200 bux last week for money because I thought there was nothing to do with my bux. That 500 bux elevator seems so far away now.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I hope the new patch fix doesn't make game performance assy again. I think the smoothness is just a side effect from the revenue bug...

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
New apartment just built. Get VIP. VIP is real estate guy. Move VIP guy in new apartment, get all 5 Bitizens in dream jobs you have stores for.

fuckyeah.jpg

Wario64 said:
I hope the new patch fix doesn't make game performance assy again. I think the smoothness is just a side effect from the revenue bug...
Yeah, it's doing calculations every two seconds instead of every one second, so the gold elevator stops for a split second every eighth floor instead of every four, etc. The smoothness is an illusion

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
toythatkills said:
Yeah, it's doing calculations every two seconds instead of every one second, so the gold elevator stops for a split second every eighth floor instead of every four, etc. The smoothness is an illusion

I almost don't want to get the new fix if it means back to chuggy performance.

Wario64 said:
I almost don't want to get the new fix if it means back to chuggy performance.
Aside from the first few seconds after launching the game, I only ever noticed the chuggy performance when I was using the lift. The new lift doesn't take much more than a couple of seconds to get to the 80th floor now so I'll probably not notice it at all.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
toythatkills said:
Aside from the first few seconds after launching the game, I only ever noticed the chuggy performance when I was using the lift. The new lift doesn't take much more than a couple of seconds to get to the 80th floor now so I'll probably not notice it at all.

It's a big improvement for me on 2nd gen iPod, stocking is smoother, farming smoother, everything loads much smoother. It's a big enough upgrade for me to sacrifice coins.

I wonder if it was intended for revenue refresh to be every other second to smooth out performance but give you those lost coins

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
1000 posts....my god, this game is some serious business.

Has the costume visiting been working out for everyone? I picked up a few costumes that way but it petered off after a couple more visits.

Bitmap Frogs said:
What are the function of costumes and how do get them besides abusing the bug?
Costumes are just for fun. They cost three or five Bux each to unlock and then you can dress as many Bitizens as you want in them. So you can staff your Mapple Store with people that wear proper Mapple Store uniforms, or staff your Diner with ninjas. Or dinosaurs.

It's fun, and it makes the bitizen finding game easier too.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
toythatkills said:
Costumes are just for fun. They cost three or five Bux each to unlock and then you can dress as many Bitizens as you want in them. So you can staff your Mapple Store with people that wear proper Mapple Store uniforms, or staff your Diner with ninjas. Or dinosaurs.

It's fun, and it makes the bitizen finding game easier too.

Oh thanks.

edeo

I'm on Game Center as BiggieP.

I was wondering if it was just me that my revenue got slashed.

Earning bucks is so sloooow now.

edeo said:
I'm on Game Center as BiggieP.

I was wondering if it was just me that my revenue got slashed.

Earning bucks is so sloooow now.
Revenue is at 50% ONLY when the app is running, it's a bug and will be fixed soon and if you close the app, the game calculates everything fine.

Earning Bux hasn't changed at all, but since they're mostly random events you're probably just having an unlucky phase.

kliklik

Banned
Ok I finally got an iPhone and I downloaded this game. Are there any tips or things you wish you had known when you first started that you could tell me about?

I get the impression that you have to start planning early in this game and poor decisions can affect you down the line!

Jasoco

Banned
Just remember. Each apartment holds 5 people, and each job requires 3. So you need 3 apartments to every 5. (15 Bitizens) I usually end up building an apartment and two businesses then an apartment and two businesses with extra apartments or businesses when I have a surplus of requirement of a certain thing.

Poor decisions won't really do anything. You never lose money unless you spend it. There's no taxes or anything. But if you don't spend money to stock businesses, you won't make any money when they all run out. But there's no punishment for letting a business dry up. Bitizens won't move out or complain (Bitbook is just a joke and posts based on what is going on.) and as soon as you stock them again, you'll make money again.

It's designed to make sure you always have more money than what you need to spend. You'd have to fuck up really bad to screw anything up. Like build all apartments and no businesses.

kliklik said:
Ok I finally got an iPhone and I downloaded this game. Are there any tips or things you wish you had known when you first started that you could tell me about?
Nah, not really anything major. Basic info, though:

If you get someone in the dream job you get twice as much stock for the same amount of coins. Each dream job gets you 2x stock for one item in that shop, in sequence.

The combined skill of your workers gets you a discount, so if you have three people who are rated 9 for food and they work in a food store, you get a 27% discount.

Most stuff is just stuff you pick up along the way, you can't lose and so it's not really important if you do things wrong.

kliklik said:

I get the impression that you have to start planning early in this game and poor decisions can affect you down the line!
Don't spend bux on restocking items.

mhayze

kliklik said:

This is a low stress game that doesn't punish you for mistakes. Don't worry about it too much. However, if I was starting from scratch, some pointers (probably listed in the thread):

- Early on, you don't need to spend bux (not coins) on minor things like restocking or even faster floor building. Spending bux to populate an appartment also seems to lead to lower quality tenants. Save the early bux for faster elevator and then for the 100,000 coin purchase using bux.
- You don't need to play this game constantly, once you get the hang of it. Start restock purchases for all your stores, build your new floors, maybe do a few elevator runs and find the bitizen game. After that, leave the game be (running in background or even off). When you restart, stocking will be done, floors will be built etc. It's just a fun distraction for me for a few minutes, a couple of times a day, when I remember to check it.
- Once you have enough floors, hold off on restocking for a turn, and re-allocate all your bitizens to their dream jobs where possible, and to their highest affinity jobs.
- Over build apartments over stores, it's more time efficient.

eznark

Banned
Darknessbear said:
Hah, that's kind of shitty. I at least bought 10 bux for a dollar. Support the developers guys! Especially if you are at 80+ floors... damn.
If you want me to pay for your game, don't give it to me for free or give me a reason to do so. I'm at 69 floors basically by going into the game fir five minutes a day. It's an interactive screen saver while I'm on a conference call, etc. LoL is the only FTP game I've ever spent money on and that's because they gave me compelling reasons to do so.

Manus

Just recently got my iPhone and love this game. I wouldn't mind having a few friends on game center. My username is SquirrelNuckle.

Chanser

- Fixed a bug slowing sales while the app is open.
- Fixed a bug where Real Estate moved in bitizens all had the same dream job.
- Fixed a bug which hid speech bubbles behind tall costumes.
- Fixed a bug causing crashes when cycling through costumes.

Hige

I doubt it, because I think the costume bug wasn't posted on SA forums until after Ian said he submitted the update to Apple. I already have all costumes so I can't check if it's been fixed on 1.3.1.

Replicant

Ugh, I'm ashamed to admit it but I just spent at least $25 on bucks. 22 floors with 40 people living in my Tiny Tower now. BTW, why can't the lift take people up on its own? It's annoying having to deliver them manually. I don't see the point of delivering them manually either.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Replicant said:
Ugh, I'm ashamed to admit it but I just spent at least $25 on bucks. 22 floors with 40 people living in my Tiny Tower now. BTW, why can't the lift take people up on its own? It's annoying having to deliver them manually. I don't see the point of delivering them manually either.

The point of delivering them manually is to:
a) Give you something to do while playing the game.
b) There's a random chance they'll tip you 1bux.
c) Help you fill your apartments.

xbhaskarx

CoffeeJanitor said:
It's running slower and the revenue is getting counting every second.

Back to normal.
Wario64 said:
Fuck. Now I don't know if I want to update.

Why can't they count the revenue every two seconds and just double the amount of revenue the player gets (meaning, give them two seconds worth of revenue) if that would make the game run faster?

I don't know if that's feasible, I have no programming experience...

Jasoco

Banned
eznark said:
If you want me to pay for your game, don't give it to me for free or give me a reason to do so. I'm at 69 floors basically by going into the game fir five minutes a day. It's an interactive screen saver while I'm on a conference call, etc. LoL is the only FTP game I've ever spent money on and that's because they gave me compelling reasons to do so.
So you paid a penny for the Humble Indie Bundle, right? I think this game is well worth throwing some money at the developer if only so he knows people like the game. They could have easily made IAP required, but unlike a lot of other developers they didn't. That alone is worth giving some money to NimbleBit.

Top Bottom