• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |G2.1| "Whatever The Fuck That Means"

Jeiiya

This feels so scummy but who cares. I'll set up a sentry turret and then purposely fire off shots to let the other team know where I am so they can head towards me lol. I'll do the same thing when I occasionally use A-Wall.

For the record I don't like sentry turrets as well and would love to see them nerfed or gone. But as long as they're in the game I'm going to keep using them(plus I'm a scrub)

Ha ha, you know, real talk. I do the same thing. I try to make a big fuss in front of my sentry so other pilots show up.

That said, I'm back to using ticks again, which feel just as scummy sometimes.

That said, I'm back to using ticks again, which feel just as scummy sometimes.

I have no qualms about dropping a couple of ticks after I've banked on BH :D

EDIT: However, I do have a problem with people that don't play the mode. I was stuck on a game of BH on Angel City with a guy who picked up 35 pilot kills, but banked less than 700 credits. 0_o

Vipu

Banned
Tried sentry pilot sometimes in pilot vs pilot but its not really so effective even when its super annoying when you get killed by it, amped weapons still better than anything else.

Todays mission is: I will try roll dice how fun it is.

Tried sentry pilot sometimes in pilot vs pilot but its not really so effective even when its super annoying when you get killed by it, amped weapons still better than anything else.

Todays mission is: I will try roll dice how fun it is.

Come complain when you get holo nova or hardened cover 3 times in a row.

Hahahaha oh man. Fuck Mastiff in its ass. I'm trying to level up all of the weapons, even though it's making me perform so much worse.

L-Star, Mastiff and Spitfire are just extremely poor.

Oddly enough, I had an easier time leveling up L-Star after I got used to it. There's a bit of a bullet travel time with it, but it's so satisfying to fire off a couple of shots then run away and get a delayed kill confirm.

E92 M3

I see the usual complaining is still present. I will say that it has made me happier to read the OT less. Sucks being stuck at Gen 10 for over a month now, but the game is incredibly fun.

Nothing is perfect and I'm excited for the next big update (hopefully with no nerfs, but with buffs for everything lagging behind).

Vipu

Banned
Come complain when you get holo nova or hardened cover 3 times in a row.

How is hardened cover bad?
And it only costs what 25% or 35% so you get new after every few kills?

Im more worried about that Phase rewind than anything else.
Think I will just use it in some corner to waste it without anything messing things up when I get it.

KodaRuss

bounty hunt is the noobiest game mode in titanfall 2. i don't expect it to last later on when only the veterans and die hards remain.

I am not sure what you mean by this? Because noobs are terrible at it.

I love Bounty Hunt, imo they probably should have just not added Attrition after all the TF1 people freaked out that it wasnt there. Bounty Hunt is a better mode and it makes you actually have to do something other than just kill shit over and over constantly hunting out AI and player spawns.

How is hardened cover bad?
And it only costs what 25% or 35% so you get new after every few kills?

Im more worried about that Phase rewind than anything else.
Think I will just use it in some corner to waste it without anything messing things up when I get it.

Em you only get one boost per one Titanfall drop. You get a hardened cover at 36% with dice roll, drop it and leave it, then until you get your titan you have nothing.

KodaRuss

I see the usual complaining is still present. I will say that it has made me happier to read the OT less. Sucks being stuck at Gen 10 for over a month now, but the game is incredibly fun.

Nothing is perfect and I'm excited for the next big update (hopefully with no nerfs, but with buffs for everything lagging behind).

I am curious, what OT doesn't have complaining or discussions about adjustments to be made in the game?

Also, you say you dont like to see the usual complaining and then you complain that the game is keeping you at Gen 10?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I am curious, what OT doesn't have complaining or discussions about adjustments to be made in the game?

Also, you say you dont like to see the usual complaining and then you complain that the game is keeping you at Gen 10?

All this dude lives for is to say 'so and so is fine you guys complain too much'

Izuna

Banned
G2.1 >>>> OT1

apart from the insults to the dev team by a particular member, it's MUCH nicer here than before. We can vent without arguing about it -- and we can praise things without needing someone be devil's advocate.

I think commenting on the Tone at this point is the only problem left.

pun intended

E92 M3

I just don't like insults at devs. I have a bias because I think Titanfall 2 is as close to perfect as possible.

All this dude lives for is to say 'so and so is fine you guys complain too much'

Yeah, that's all I live for. In general, complaints are very common in today's forum culture.

G2.1 >>>> OT1

apart from the insults to the dev team by a particular member, it's MUCH nicer here than before. We can vent without arguing about it -- and we can praise things without needing someone be devil's advocate.

I think commenting on the Tone at this point is the only problem left.

pun intended

Yeah, it is nicer.

Vipu

Banned
Em you only get one boost per one Titanfall drop. You get a hardened cover at 36% with dice roll, drop it and leave it, then until you get your titan you have nothing.

Oh ok, well I just played 2 games and figured that myself... what a crappy boost then, I thought you get new every X%...
Back to amped weapon it is then.

Arttemis

This game deserves all sorts of accolades. I've never had any inkling of desire to play an online shooter on a console until Titanfall 2. I haven't had an inkling to play any shooter in a long time before Titanfall 2. It somehow managed to pry me away from Rocket League! I'm blown away at how great the core design is. The campaign was a blast, and the online is exhilarating.
Oh ok, well I just played 2 games and figured that myself... what a crappy boost then, I thought you get new every X%...
Back to amped weapon it is then.
You can stack boosts if you drop a lot of Titans without using your boosts.

jeffc919

I love Bounty Hunt, imo they probably should have just not added Attrition after all the TF1 people freaked out that it wasnt there. Bounty Hunt is a better mode and it makes you actually have to do something other than just kill shit over and over constantly hunting out AI and player spawns.

I hate bounty hunt. Played it in the beta and will never play it again. If the game released without Attrition or a TDM/Skirmish type playlist I wouldn't be playing the game at all. Instead I have over 3 days played and counting. It would be even more if not for those ~4 days played of BF1. I think they made the right call.

I use Roll Dice as well, it's a great way to get certain boosts faster, and adds a nice layer of variety. I'd like a roll dice for factions too...

Vipu

Banned
You can stack boosts if you drop a lot of Titans without using your boosts.

MEH!
I rather have amped weapons on most of the time then.

If dice had that you would get new boost every 36% then it would be useful but now its just waste then.

SwolBro

Banned

It's a crummy mode for decent people. I have nothing against it but it's not exactly a hard mode to play.

And wow at my friend list... this is crazy. First time I've seen this many people on and not a single one is playing titanfall 2. Someone is even on titanfall 1 lol.

Too many good players think the ttk is too fast with the overpowered weapons. There's almost nothing you can do to get out of death, you can stim , fly in the air, strafe, do flips and they'll still hit you and kill you in a millisecond . Not sure how they'll fix that.

In other news.....

PC friend has made me aware that I've potentially been shooting the Volt post nerf all wrong . Lol

SwolBro

Banned
Everyone thinks the ttk is too fast...

R1 had better gunplay, it's undeniable by this point
Just played a match on homestead . Faced a team of 3 all running hemlok or g2 with phase shift .

About as shit titanfall experience as you can get. It boggles my mind that Respawn puts together a great movement system only to shit on it with COD levels of stupid millisecond deaths .

They need to do something , SOMETHING. Either decrease the hit boxes, nerf all the weapons, I don't know but something .

Calderc

Man just the mention of the Hemlok and G2 are making me twitch. A game has never given me 'Nam flashbacks before. PTSD niw stands for Post Titanfall Shot-Out-The-Air-By-A-Hemlok Disorder.

E92 M3

I like the TTK and played a ton of TF1. Pretty much equivalent to TF1 or just a tad quicker. We're not at CoD IW level now.

Homestead isn't the best map for Titanfall. It promotes long range engagements.

Izuna

Banned
Nothing can be worse than Crash Site lol.

Crash Site is hilarious. It has one of the worst spawns in the game (bottom of the hill with the two buildings) -- but it's fun to try and get out of it or push a team back.

It's the only map in the game, imo, that has the "look" of a battlefield like R1 maps.

I feel tricked, I'm going through those Ronin decals and see an Owl which of course I have to obtain, it's meant to be!
Unlocked after regeneration they said, so here I am just making it to Gen 2 all excited to reap the many rewards only for them to reveal its an EVEN HIGHER level unlock.

I'm hurt.

NeOak

Master difficulty is so totally not fun, but doable.

Not really, I had lots of fun due to the challenge. Made me test every weapon to see what should I keep. I even managed to get all the achievements of kills as Pilot and with the different Titan loadouts in that playthrough.

Have to learn to cheese the AI.

What's not doable is that fn' top gauntlet trophy 😢😡

Preach.

SwolBro

Banned
I like the TTK and played a ton of TF1. Pretty much equivalent to TF1 or just a tad quicker. We're not at CoD IW level now.

Homestead isn't the best map for Titanfall. It promotes long range engagements.
It's not just the ttk though. It's the range of some of the weapons, it's the easier aiming and lock on.

It was rare to get picked out of the sky by a casual in titanfall 1

KodaRuss

It's not just the ttk though. It's the range of some of the weapons, it's the easier aiming and lock on.

It was rare to get picked out of the sky by a casual in titanfall 1

Yeah, those casuals should have no chance against the people who play the game all the time like SwolBro.

SwolBro

Banned
Yeah, those casuals should have no chance against the people who play the game all the time like SwolBro.
You have a hard time understanding . When the skill gap is shrunk there IS no point in playing . That's why I'm seeing die hard titanfall 1 players not playing every day and opting for overwatch or something else.

Casuals will still get murked but when there are decent players, even just slightly above average, the game quickly turns into COD levels of shit

Izuna

Banned
You have a hard time understanding . When the skill gap is shrunk there IS no point in playing . That's why I'm seeing die hard titanfall 1 players not playing every day and opting for overwatch or something else.

Casuals will still get murked but when there are decent players, even just slightly above average, the game quickly turns into COD levels of shit

I don't know what your definition of die hard R1 fans means... but really, I think HellowMeow's posts say how I feel much better than I do.

This isn't R1. I don't know if they intended R1 to "feel" Quake-like etc. but that's what it was.

This game doesn't have the high skill ceiling with movement anymore. Attrition is straight up TDM with no strategy on placement, and well...

I think Skirmish fits this game the most but it's also unselectable.

It's a shame really.

I wanted to get to G7 before new years but I'm not to sure if I can. A level up a match isn't fast enough lol.

Vipu

Banned
I don't know what your definition of die hard R1 fans means... but really, I think HellowMeow's posts say how I feel much better than I do.

This isn't R1. I don't know if they intended R1 to "feel" Quake-like etc. but that's what it was.

This game doesn't have the high skill ceiling with movement anymore. Attrition is straight up TDM with no strategy on placement, and well...

I think Skirmish fits this game the most but it's also unselectable.

It's a shame really.

I wanted to get to G7 before new years but I'm not to sure if I can. A level up a match isn't fast enough lol.

What is skirmish even? I have not played that even 1 time.

Izuna

Banned
What is skirmish even? I have not played that even 1 time.

hmm I was under the impression that Titans were worth points like in FFA but they're not ;(

it's just 8v8 PvP (with Titans).

Ah fuck, I thought the FFA rules applied. It's just a return of Pilot Hunter I guess.

Top Bottom