• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |G2.1| "Whatever The Fuck That Means"

ParityBit

I am in the US and I do not mind using cdkeys (have before)

I guess as punishment for the Steam stupidity, I should buy the game (what is a decent price to get it at? That a good price?)

deoee

I am in the US and I do not mind using cdkeys (have before)

I guess as punishment for the Steam stupidity, I should buy the game (what is a decent price to get it at? That a good price?)

Yes that's a super fine price.
If you have Facebook and a cdkeys account you can get additional 5% off by going here

I had no idea the AI Grunts had alternate accounts and played as actual teammates.
vlcsnap-2016-12-21-14h27m00s334.png

SwolBro

Banned
I guess the first point before I read it. Did I win anything?
yeah a hemlok to the face.

Hemlok/G2 are the worst things in this game right now. I can somewhat deal with everything else without being annoyed.

Haha who the hell did that?
try and guess

Maybe no one bothered to watch because there's no point watching something with more complicated rules than the actual game. Yes, a lot of crap in R2 is silly and "overpowered", but that's the game. They certainly didn't bother to balance this game for e-sports, and stuff like 1 item limits are silly/stupid..

Complicated rules? preventing teams from turtling with hemloks and g2's isn't a crazy balance. You do realize tourney type games play completely different than pub matches right?

KodaRuss

So is there only one version of the game? cdkeys has it for $28.59. is that a good price?

There is a deluxe edition. It includes some skins and two of the prime titans. I am not 100% sure if it is worth it but I bought it. The Prime Titans are $5 a pieces I believe? You cannot get the skins if you dont have the deluxe edition. They are pretty cool to use early on but you will have tons of options fairly quickly if you are focusing on one or two Titans.

ParityBit

There is a deluxe edition. It includes some skins and two of the prime titans. I am not 100% sure if it is worth it but I bought it. The Prime Titans are $5 a pieces I believe? You cannot get the skins if you dont have the deluxe edition. They are pretty cool to use early on but you will have tons of options fairly quickly if you are focusing on one or two Titans.

They do not have that on cdkeys. Where would I get that version (on sale)

Maybe I can compare price ...

Parmenide

Played one online match and did some SP missions. I'm having a blast, the game is fast, moves are smooth and weapons have a great feel, also I already love BT.

Izuna

Banned
Got my old eneloops back. Only one pair though so I can't keep like this.

I'm going to get the 8-pack Amazon 2400mAh ones after new years

Izuna

Banned
I didn't buy that. I was wondering what it was. I read it as just maps for Titanfall, not the game. I was confused. I never played Titanfall 1.

Titanfall 1 maps are free now. Don't buy that regardless :)

=--------------

I feel bad when I JIP in a Bounty Hunt game then proceed the fucking destroy the other team. I wonder how pissed they must be...

I'm gunna try get G7 before I sleep

Arrrammis

Mastiff or EVA8. Which and why.

EVA8, because it's a hitscan weapon while Mastiff fires projectiles. Mastiff may have a slightly longer range, but you have to spend more time leading targets at anything other than point blank, which is where the EVA8 would one-shot the target anyways. Plus, latency makes projectile weapons like the Mastiff and Wingman Elite unreliable sometimes.

Izuna

Banned
Every other game is JIP and I'm quite sick of it tbh

edit:

yeah, nah...

I think since I'm a Bounty Hunt main in this game and I don't like R2's idea of Attrition, I think I'm done until whatever next update there is :(

It's laggy to have to play US servers as it is, but these JIPs aren't fun

Zemm

PC version sounds like a different game to consoles right now, never see a hemlock or G2, very few devotions, pretty good mixture of all weapons/Titans, only 1 or 2 people using sentries per game.

My only complaint right now is and always will be Crash Site.

J_Viper

PC version is nearly unplayable now, it's nothing but groups of G3+ players wrecking shit.

Hopefully the numbers can spike back up after the inevitable holiday sales.

Discobird

Izuna

Banned
bounty hunt is the noobiest game mode in titanfall 2. i don't expect it to last later on when only the veterans and die hards remain.

Don't be a Son of Sam

Also, this version of Attrition is by far noobier. I at least have the capability of losing in Bounty Hunt.

I'd probably say Pilots vs. Pilots is the noobiest.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
EVA8, because it's a hitscan weapon while Mastiff fires projectiles. Mastiff may have a slightly longer range, but you have to spend more time leading targets at anything other than point blank, which is where the EVA8 would one-shot the target anyways. Plus, latency makes projectile weapons like the Mastiff and Wingman Elite unreliable sometimes.

Sweet thanks for the explanation.

TitanFall 2 has pretty much destroyed what little patience I had left for stupid people.

I love the game, but god damn if Respawn didnt somehow cultivate the single-dumbest following of any FPS ever.

They should comarket with Sesame Street and have an MP tutorial with Grover explaining the concept of flanking, right after he teaches them each of the colors of the face buttons.

I just got the option to regen to Gen 3. I think I might actually go for it. I am improving, probably because I keep handicapping myself with a lot of the bad weapons. This time I have 630 credits as opposed to 520 from the first time. Now I can buy more of the stuff I didn't get to before.

Izuna

Banned
I just got the option to regen to Gen 3. I think I might actually go for it. I am improving, probably because I keep handicapping myself with a lot of the bad weapons. This time I have 630 credits as opposed to 520 from the first time. Now I can buy more of the stuff I didn't get to before.

Hemlock + Phase Shift + Ordnance Expert + Archer + Firestar

I think you can get the lot for like 220c?

Menitta

Holy shit. I grappled the ground just to swing under a bridge and I hit a pilot lol.

Also that map with the blood river (don't remember the name), if your titan is close enough, you can embark threw the bared windows.

Gator86

TitanFall 2 has pretty much destroyed what little patience I had left for stupid people.

I love the game, but god damn if Respawn didnt somehow cultivate the single-dumbest following of any FPS ever.

They should comarket with Sesame Street and have an MP tutorial with Grover explaining the concept of flanking, right after he teaches them each of the colors of the face buttons.

This is hilarious. I can't say I disagree though. Sometimes it feels like the average tf2 player is a just a dog chewing on its owner's controller while they're at work.

Vipu

Banned
PC version is nearly unplayable now, it's nothing but groups of G3+ players wrecking shit.

Hopefully the numbers can spike back up after the inevitable holiday sales.

Thats not unplayable, I have not seen yet game where most people were good at the game.
Its always 1-2 people per team who have to carry the rest.

deoee

Thats not unplayable, I have not seen yet game where most people were good at the game.
Its always 1-2 people per team who have to carry the rest.

They're getting better but it's not a problem really...
Just sucks when you and one other guy are the only decent players on your team while the rest hovers around 20 points / $

This feels so scummy but who cares. I'll set up a sentry turret and then purposely fire off shots to let the other team know where I am so they can head towards me lol. I'll do the same thing when I occasionally use A-Wall.

For the record I don't like sentry turrets as well and would love to see them nerfed or gone. But as long as they're in the game I'm going to keep using them(plus I'm a scrub)

Top Bottom