• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |G2.1| "Whatever The Fuck That Means"

Gotten the Legendary Pilot trophy... Only one left.... God I fucking hate that gauntlet. Compared to everything else that's the most disproportional trophy between it's diffculty vs it's rarity.

Rayme

Also it just clicked how narcissistic Rayme must be. Vinson Dynamics eh? You sly son of a ;)
I didn't name them!

The name came from Ryan Lastimosa. He and the other weapon modelers put a lo~t of thought into the weapons & their backgrounds, and he named one of the weapons manufacturers after my family. It's actually really humbling; Ryan is a great guy. They eventually graduated into one of the Factions for Tf2, and here we are. Surreal, but my cousins get a kick out of it. =)

I think the custom sensitivity etc. is the best update ever.
That's great! I'm glad it's getting some use. What have you done with it?
...we should make it easier for people to share their settings; I wonder if that'd be handy for anyone.

(also I have a video confirming the Electric Smoke UI bug, I'll PM this)
Thank-you! These are always appreciated. Games r hrd 2 mak.

Does anyone use the Xbox elite controller?
It's a really, really good controller. If you don't like the XB1 "style" it's not going to convert you, but as far as construction and attention to detail it's fantastic. The price isn't exactly humble, but if you have the budget for it the quality is there.

Oddly enough, I had an easier time leveling up L-Star after I got used to it. There's a bit of a bullet travel time with it, but it's so satisfying to fire off a couple of shots then run away and get a delayed kill confirm.

I love that dumb rifle so much. Reloading is for suckers.

If only we let people double (or triple) their ownership for 2x (or 3x) XP gain. I'm sure that's not evil or a slippery slope or anything nope. >_>

deoee

The name came from Ryan Lastimosa. He and the other weapon modelers put a lo~t of thought into the weapons & their backgrounds, and he named one of the weapons manufacturers after my family. It's actually really humbling; Ryan is a great guy. They eventually graduated into one of the Factions for Tf2, and here we are. Surreal, but my cousins get a kick out of it. =)

That's really cool. I'd love to get some background on the factions in the game esp. on the whole development of weapons and Titans between Tf1 and Tf2.

If only we let people double (or triple) their ownership for 2x (or 3x) XP gain. I'm sure that's not evil or a slippery slope or anything nope. >_>

Well there was this one guy in here who bought 10 copies... :D

No Love

Banned
That's really cool. I'd love to get some background on the factions in the game esp. on the whole development of weapons and Titans between Tf1 and Tf2.

Well there was this one guy in here who bought 10 copies... :D

Yup. 10 copies so far. By the time it drops to $10-15 I will have bought 15-20+ lol. 9 regular copies and 1 Deluxe edition.

Izuna

Banned
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I give up. Never have executed anyone.

In R1 it's super consistent (in fact, you can only almost perfectly time a melee attack to punish a Titan becoming Doomed with ease).

In this game, for some reason, a melee is allowed to connect without causing an execution. I don't personally know what's causing it.

You should just be able to melee a Doomed Titan and an execution happens.

Only thing I've kinda learnt to do is to delay my inputs a bit. I haven't "failed" an execution for some time. I don't have clips but, I've gotten better at judging the max range.

From my experience, the entirety of your active frames for the melee and cause an execution, so you can melee and dash in after ~~ so long as you're in the animation it's eligible.

I'm convinced it's a bug that causes it to hit.

Finally, I'm convinced that Sword Core does, in fact, remove the ability to execute (which is weird because it doesn't OHKO Doomed Titans. No one is going to let you hit them twice so...)

Izuna

Banned
That's great! I'm glad it's getting some use. What have you done with it?
...we should make it easier for people to share their settings; I wonder if that'd be handy for anyone.

VTNTcKS.png

Similar idea to what I had before. Default Response Curve, Deadzone just enough to remove drifting, and all "acceleration" modifiers removed.

The gap between my X and Y is 11 steps. I would have made the sensitivity higher but this is the maximum (it's sufficient).

I can't instantly rotate 180. I could if I used a little but of the extra yaw -- and perhaps this is superstition -- but I thought that it might have a small effect on my muscle memory.

~~~

as for why I think it's the best update ever

Most other FPS games feel very uncomfortable now, haha. Acceleration is default and unchangeable for so many games and that's unfortunate. I wish every game let me go in and change these. I hardly get that feeling where I wanted to aim somewhere but I'm fighting whatever curve a dev has thought would be best for the whole population
my struggles pre-patch

I know this update may not get a ton of mileage, but it's absolutely amazing. All my complaints with the "feel" of aiming are just gone. Titanfall 2 now has the best controls of any FPS I have the ability of playing.

If only Overwatch let me remove Acceleration (screw that game).

Been loving the semi-auto pistol recently, quite a challenge trying to come in first on the scoreboard while using it.

KbxEya6.gif

Well, from what I've seen from playing with you, you're likely to end up top of the leaderboard if they gave you a Wooden Sword to go with Ronin.

NeOak

In R1 it's super consistent (in fact, you can only almost perfectly time a melee attack to punish a Titan becoming Doomed with ease).

In this game, for some reason, a melee is allowed to connect without causing an execution. I don't personally know what's causing it.

You should just be able to melee a Doomed Titan and an execution happens.

Only thing I've kinda learnt to do is to delay my inputs a bit. I haven't "failed" an execution for some time. I don't have clips but, I've gotten better at judging the max range.

From my experience, the entirety of your active frames for the melee and cause an execution, so you can melee and dash in after ~~ so long as you're in the animation it's eligible.

I'm convinced it's a bug that causes it to hit.

Finally, I'm convinced that Sword Core does, in fact, remove the ability to execute (which is weird because it doesn't OHKO Doomed Titans. No one is going to let you hit them twice so...)

Oh, I thought it was referring to pilot executions.

I've done Titan executions no problem.

Pilot ones? Nein

Izuna

Banned
Oh, I thought it was referring to pilot executions.

I've done Titan executions no problem.

Pilot ones? Nein

I've come to accept I'll never get the new execution (I prefer the knife one anyway) ~~ I don't get executions in this game. tbf, I think it's a good thing because boy are you exposed when you do one.

I really should save clips of more things. Just yesterday I was able to snipe a dude who was executing my teammate on the rooftop of Angel City.

deoee

I've come to accept I'll never get the new execution (I prefer the knife one anyway) ~~ I don't get executions in this game. tbf, I think it's a good thing because boy are you exposed when you do one.

I really should save clips of more things. Just yesterday I was able to snipe a dude who was executing my teammate on the rooftop of Angel City.

Executions don't work if the executed decides to move or change looking direction which is delayed on your end because of ping and tick rate etc.
I tested it with some guys earlier this week.

A slight suggestion. Would it be possible to shorten the Wave info graphics being on screen when playing Bounty Hunt? Not sure if it's just me, but when I'm playing it really takes up too much of the screen for too long and reduces what I can see when running to the next drop zone.

Izuna

Banned
A slight suggestion. Would it be possible to shorten the Wave info graphics being on screen when playing Bounty Hunt? Not sure if it's just me, but when I'm playing it really takes up too much of the screen for too long and reduces what I can see when running to the next drop zone.

I'd welcome this, although I'd still want it for when the wave is ending to know how much is left to kill.

I think a lot of UI could use some improvement, but as of now I'm mostly concerned about the gametype dying ;(

Man, I played one quick round this morning before work on Complex (a map i've never even played before) and I was just pooping on people. Like, sometimes I play this game and I don't even understand how I'm killing people as fast as I do. Anyway, I'm finally starting to get the hang of it with spawns and what not. I've pretty much been using r-201 and ion since I started playing. Sometimes I think about trying another Titan, but I don't really play that often, so sticking with what I know works with me, for now.

Also, nuclear ejection is cheating.

The wave ending graphics are fine and needed I think. It's more when it tells you the next wave is inbound and lists what is dropping that is a little annoying as it lasts just 1/2 seconds longer than you need.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Guys, what the hell can you do about Titan clusters? Like 3 or 4 tanky Titans hugging each other and scooting across the map?

Also, is cloak good for anything?

Vipu

Banned

Before I was spamming melee button and half of the time executions didnt work.
I heard about holding melee, started using hold melee titans and since then execution success is 99%.

Sure! myth!

Executions don't work if the executed decides to move or change looking direction which is delayed on your end because of ping and tick rate etc.
I tested it with some guys earlier this week.

Whaaaa? Does that mean if im doomed I just have to move like crazy and spin around??

Izuna

Banned
Before I was spamming melee button and half of the time executions didnt work.
I heard about holding melee, started using hold melee titans and since then execution success is 99%.

Sure! myth!

Holding the melee button has nothing to do with it. It's supposed to transition you into an execution if a melee connects on a Doomed Titan. Try it out on Auto-Titans, you'll see what I mean (or a Private Match with a buddy).

There's clearly some bug atm.

Whaaaa? Does that mean if im doomed I just have to move like crazy and spin around??

He's referring to Pilot Executions. Titans can be facing any direction.

------------------------

latest

Respawn, when?

Naar

So recently I put a lot of time into the game since the update (couldn't play cause it kept saying my profile is not allowed to play, then 5 seconds later it lets me play ?????)

I adjusted to all the nerfs and buffs in the update, even got Tone to the level I was at pre update, but the god damn cloak nerf -.-

I now skip killing enemies on my way to rodeo a titan so I don't uncloak and get smashed by a titan

Izuna

Banned
Tone is still disgusting. I feel like I"m cheating when I use her honestly.

I use her exclusively now.

I don't have the sort of patience you need to deal with her as a Northstar.

I'd main Ronin if his Sword Core didn't fail at killing Doomed Titans.

Drewfonse

Every time I play something else and then come back to this, I'm reminded how fun it is, unrelentingly.

Any word on a Frontier Defense patch?

Calderc

I didn't name them!

That's awesome. Must be a hoot seeing your family name in there like that!

Izuna

Banned
stop trying to convince people that the elite isn't a good controller JUST because you use some weird ass claw scheme that can lead to hand issues

I'd love the elite if it had bluetooth (or the surface book had the xbox wireless protocal like the studio does).

;) but saving money to learn to a new way to hold the controller is a good idea since it works for every game. I was picking up loot while looking around in BioShock Infinite yesterday. I don't know how people play games without clawing.

Telling you guys, if you don't have an Elite: Evolved control scheme then map RS to RB. Buddah.

We descended from crabs, claw.

Izuna

Banned
Full offence: what the hell was the thought process behind turrets.

we had turrets (placeable) added in Frontier Defense in the original. I guess they thought it was a good idea to keep them for multiplayer

"oh it's okay, players will learn tricks to beat them"

I'm still annoyed that they give Build% when they kill and you get nothing from taking them out.

Turrets in the original (hackable) were only good enough to tell you where Pilots were.

--

Why do they have so much bloody health? Why do they do stupid damage to Titans?

Zeta Oni

Well, from what I've seen from playing with you, you're likely to end up top of the leaderboard if they gave you a Wooden Sword to go with Ronin.

Now that's high praise, and id certainly try.

Full offence: what the hell was the thought process behind turrets.

I love this game, but every time I die by a turret I have to wonder the same thing. Just an overall terrible idea.

Matches are getting harder to win, also CAR sucks balls

Ha.

ParityBit

Thanks a ton guys. I am going to start this game this morning after I drop off my son. I am excited to try! I will try the paddles on the controller. It is my first time giving those a go (new controller)

I'm still relatively new to this game but its considered okay to call bullshit on Anti pilot turrets? excellent, because they feel like a crock of shit.

Izuna

Banned
I'm still relatively new to this game but its considered okay to call bullshit on Anti pilot turrets? excellent, because they feel like a crock of shit.

It's really the most agreed upon BS in this game, so you're alright. They said in a steam that they'll sort it out though.

Top Bottom