• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |G2.1| "Whatever The Fuck That Means"

deoee

This was FFA, that killed the Doomed Titan to win the game.

It's not the best clip (tbh, Archer kills happen every game for me so I never thought to)

but bruh, this is so consistent to pull off in this game

fSEi1dp.gif

No Attack can do damage to Doom state no matter how powerful it is prior to being in it, but being able to OHKO Doomed Titans (Amped Only), giving you like 70% makes it by far the most useful in the game.

The amount of MGL you need to hit to equal a since Archer is enought to really increase your chances of dying. I think the Archer is balanced around its reload, but if you reload in Phase Shift, there's no issue at all.
Yeah, maybe you're right, but Blitzball is more fun :3

SBMM doesn't make the teams more balanced in Titanfall. It's just the nature of the game where there is a gap between those who "get it" and those who "don't". A lot of the changes were Respawn's attempts to narrow that gap, but instead it's still very there while lower level players feel like their deaths are even more cheap (Sentries, Sonar etc.)

Well yea that's one of the peeves with TF2, you have alot more cheap feeling deaths, feels like when you went from MW1 to MW2 and suddenly you were randomly dying from some one hit kill weapon or perk that you could do little to prevent. Dying in TF2 has alot more random factor involved in it than TF1 did

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
That's a nice vid, Izuna. Damn.

I had a good couple of games this morning, and a freaking great one that my wifi-drop decided to destroy. Argh. Though, if I could learn to stop ADSing in CQC, I could easily pick up a few more kills.

I want that special edition lifesize helmet.

Izuna

Banned
I know they don't want it, but fuck it, I'm going to buy 3 copies of Titanfall 2 for my family.

They need to play that campaign

Donos

That moment when you unlock something with 120 credits and end of the next match zou lvl up and see you unlocked exactly what you just bought.l -_-

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
We need some titan skins based on the campaign titans. Both BT chassis need a skin as well as Slone and Blisk. Finished the campaign again on PC this morning, still fucking great.

Also it's ironic how one of the least favorite MP maps is based on one of the best, if not THE best, campaign mission (effect and cause)

For the record Trial by Fire is my favorite campaign mission in this game

X-Frame

So many 150 to 400 Amped Hardpoint games. Either we stomp or I get stomped. It's about 33% chance the game is actually close.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Stop destroying them! We need them to stick around... And I need people worse than me to fight. lol

8!? 11? 14? How the fuck...

I think the first MP match I played I had two points. I didn't know the map and had no clue what I was doing. It happens...

deoee

Stop destroying them! We need them to stick around... And I need people worse than me to fight. lol

I think the first MP match I played I had two points. I didn't know the map and had no clue what I was doing. It happens...

I'm not destroying them.
It's on both sides that 2/3 of the team sucks balls :D

Also is a K/D of ~4 any good in Titanfall?
I feel like this is way too high for me cause I'm usually around 1 or 1.5 in other shooters :D

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
The game breaks up k/d against humans and AI, which is great. 4 is good. I am at 2.2 over my last 10 games against pilots... normally I'm around .8 or so in other games.

One thing I really like about the game is that the k/d isn't shown. You can infer, of course, but I really appreciate that I have to go look for it.

I really hope this game remains popular. I want to be playing it a year from now.

HelloMeow

I'm not destroying them.
It's on both sides that 2/3 of the team sucks balls :D

Also is a K/D of ~4 any good in Titanfall?
I feel like this is way too high for me cause I'm usually around 1 or 1.5 in other shooters :D

4 vs pilots is great. Titanfall, and to a lesser extent Titanfall 2, are games where certain tactics and skills can keep you alive for much longer while making a ton of kills.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
That's the kind of match that would demoralize me to not want to play online shooters again. As a beginner and neophyte, getting destroyed online match after match makes you not to play anymore

I did that super bad ping that match, though. 200ms or more. I find it hard to not want to win, but yeah, I know what you mean. I should ease up a bit, I think.

Probably backfilled

Maybe, but I've had multiple games now where my teammates all score 30 or less. I score 100+ and we lose by a wide margin since most of them have no clue what to do, I think.

Really hope the player base sticks. I mean, there's already close to 35K players online on PS4, which is fantastic. Also, now that we have that, can people now stop all the talk about the game being "dead" or not having enough players? Most MP games don't show the player count, and for all we know, they have sub 10K players all the time, and people don't say anything since they don't know anything or don't see it. Even non-holidays, TF2 on PS4 has at least 16K players on weekdays, which is still quite good.

So, are players easing up on the Christmas noobs? If so, how?

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Also it's ironic how one of the least favorite MP maps is based on one of the best, if not THE best, campaign mission (effect and cause)

Dry Dock? or Crash Site? Crash Site sucks... I'm never in the middle of the action there, always seem to be lost on the other side of the map.

It doesn't really take that much time to see your skill level/points rise. Hopefully, new players will see that and stay.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'd rather do Crashsite than Exoplanet. Exoroofs is the most annoying map in the game to me.

I main Scorch and I'd still rather do Homestead than Exoplanet.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
35K on PS4 right now.

Holy crap

There's 40k people on Xbox one

People should tell that to those people that kept saying that Christmas and other sales won't have any effect on TF2's sales due to how it's not TF1, etc. I mean, kinda immature to do that, but at the same time, it's good that more and more people are experiencing TF2's awesome MP. I'm gen10.45 and I'm still digging it.

Hope the players stick around, but even if they don't, the player base on PS4 is healthy enough that I never have issues finding matches in Attrition. :)

nope

now's the time to get the phase shift execution

Hmm...I should really go for those as well and maybe experiment with different kits.

X-Frame

Damn the Mastiff has the range of the Matador from Destiny. I actually like it better than the first shotgun for more consistent OHK's.

I just don't know if I prefer Stim or Phase Shift for an aggressive shotgunner. Which is "better"?

deoee

Damn the Mastiff has the range of the Matador from Destiny. I actually like it better than the first shotgun for more consistent OHK's.

I just don't know if I prefer Stim or Phase Shift for an aggressive shotgunner. Which is "better"?

I never was able to OHK with the Mastiff somehow... :/

I like Stim more, saves my ass so many times and I can keep track of my enemy.
In Phase Shift I often get out while the enemy is behind me or some other crazy stuff happens.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
The only maps I haven't liked are Crash Site for the above reasons and Angel City-- but for AC it's only because I don't know the map and everyone else seems to know it like the back of their hand. I'm sure once I know the maps it won't be an issue though.

Absolutely love this game.

Izuna

Banned
Hmm, Xbox back to being the biggest population? Dope. I should get some Bounty Hunt games in tomorrow then.

What do people prefer? Grapple, cloak, phase shift, etc.?

My default is cloak, I haven't tried phase shift yet

Phase Shift is probably the best in Attrition and Bounty Hunt. There's so many things you can use it to survive that the other tacticals can't help you with.

Stim is less needed imo because you can start good momentum from the slide (which actually has a cooldown for its speed boost).

I don't "like" Phase Shift, but boy is it needed.

deoee

Hmm, Xbox back to being the biggest population? Dope. I should get some Bounty Hunt games in tomorrow then.

Phase Shift is probably the best in Attrition and Bounty Hunt. There's so many things you can use it to survive that the other tacticals can't help you with.

Stim is less needed imo because you can start good momentum from the slide (which actually has a cooldown for its speed boost).

I don't "like" Phase Shift, but boy is it needed.

You can just do fine without Phase Shift.

So often when I use it, I still die because of "lag" and "tickrate" that it's frustrating :(

Stim on the other hand let's me survive more situations IMO.
You get the speedboost and also the heal kicks in after a short delay.

Izuna

Banned
You can just do fine without Phase Shift.

So often when I use it, I still die because of "lag" and "tickrate" that it's frustrating :(

Stim on the other hand let's me survive more situations IMO.
You get the speedboost and also the heal kicks in after a short delay.

There are a number of areas in Titanfall 2 where a Nuclear Ejection will kill you, Phase helps with that (and also allows you to "trap" other Titans and Pilots in areas that are very hard to escape from).

The great thing is, of course, using Archer, getting a Titan, then having enough time to basically Phase until the Titan falls. Phase Shift also gets you out of Gravity Stars, site-lines, etc.

--

I haven't been on R2 in a while but I will do so tomorrow, sounds like a blast if the numbers are kept.

If you can slidehop with it, you can run away from basically any encounter. I didn't have much luck doing so with Stim.

Top Bottom