• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |G2.1| "Whatever The Fuck That Means"

What do people prefer? Grapple, cloak, phase shift, etc.?

My default is cloak, I haven't tried phase shift yet

The best stuff, that win you games, some broken/OP even:

Weapons: Hemlok, Devotion, Alternator (also fun)
Tactical: Phase Shift
Ordnance: Arc Grenade
Titan: Tone
Boost: Battery, Pilot Sentry (in pub games), Amped Weapons

The great ones that are also fun, balanced all around:

Weapons: Alternator, CAR, Flatline, Volt, G2, R-97, EVA-8, Softball, Cold War, EPG-1
Tactical: Stim, Grapple, A-Wall, Pulse Blade
Ordnance: Firestar, Gravity Star
Titan: Ion, Ronin, Scorch, maybe Legion.
Boost: Map Hack, Radar Jammer, Roll the dice

Underpowered, basically loses against all the above things

Weapons: Spitfire, L-Star, all the snipers, Mastiff
Tactical: everything else
Ordnance: none, even Satchel is kinda good.
Titan: Northstar (sorry Izuna)
Boost: everything else.

Donos

I use grapple so often to rodeo titans all the time. Can't imagine giving that slot up for anything else.

Haven't unlocked phase shift yet.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Also on PC have the servers been awful today for you guys?

Because every game today, only on Titanfall 2, I've just had rubberbanding, enemies slowing down and speeding up and lots of lag stuttering. It's been unbearable.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Love the grapple! So much fun traversing the map. I pull off some sick movement-- jump, swing, kill pilot, swing into window, on to the next encounter. I feel like a fucking parkour god.

Rayme

This was FFA, that killed the Doomed Titan to win the game.

It's not the best clip (tbh, Archer kills happen every game for me so I never thought to)

but bruh, this is so consistent to pull off in this game

fSEi1dp.gif

No Attack can do damage to Doom state no matter how powerful it is prior to being in it, but being able to OHKO Doomed Titans (Amped Only), giving you like 70% makes it by far the most useful in the game.

The amount of MGL you need to hit to equal a since Archer is enought to really increase your chances of dying. I think the Archer is balanced around its reload, but if you reload in Phase Shift, there's no issue at all.
Also, fwiw; you can start an Archer reload (pull out the tube, etc), swap to your primary for whatever reason, then return to the Archer to finish the rest of the reload. You won't need to start the entire sequence over again.

(Same with interrupting a rifle reload for a melee, grenade throw, etc. Don't be scared to be creative in the moment; you won't lose reload progress.)

NeOak

Also, fwiw; you can start an Archer reload (pull out the tube, etc), swap to your primary for whatever reason, then return to the Archer to finish the rest of the reload. You won't need to start the entire sequence over again.

(Same with interrupting a rifle reload for a melee, grenade throw, etc. Don't be scared to be creative in the moment; you won't lose reload progress.)

:O

Izuna

Banned

Yeah, I do that all the time with a Titan. I appreciate it. It's why (when not keeping track of my bullets) I'll shoot a Sonar if I inly need one more lock and I need tracker rockets immediately. It's a small penalty to the reloading, considering.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
^^^

Oh, nice.

Does Respawn have any strategy videos? And great job on the game. Absolutely stellar! I'm at my in-laws right now and all I can think about is getting home and playing. :)

That works for all weapons I think.

I like it.

deoee

Because every game today, only on Titanfall 2, I've just had rubberbanding, enemies slowing down and speeding up and lots of lag stuttering. It's been unbearable.

Nope, was smooth af today.

Also Volt is fine, you don't really know what's changed :p

deoee

This is something I haven't seen in another game yet. :eek:

Donos

Smartwaffles, why is thw hemlock so good in your eyes. For me the CAR is still better. Hemlock is less forgiving (miss the burst and you are probably dead in a close encounter)

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Don't call it R2...

please

Seriously, he's the only on who does it and it's annoying/pretentious as hell. As bad if not worse than the last OT title.

Haha seems like the Christmas boost is in effect. I saw 38/39K on Xbox One this morning.

Great news, maybe more word of mouth will also turn into more sales.

It worked for Rainbow 6.

Smartwaffles, why is thw hemlock so good in your eyes. For me the CAR is still better. Hemlock is less forgiving (miss the burst and you are probably dead in a close encounter)

Because it's a 1 shot burst kill. Your enemy can't even react to it.

One burst kill up to ridiculous range, high aim assist on consoles, dead accurate even at range, with some small strafing to throw off aim it beats the G2 even the snipers at long ranges.

Only on console and only if you get a Headshot with the burst, otherwise you need 2 bursts :|
It's not that easy to get kills with on pc.

I'm very sure up to a certain date the hemlok is still one burst kill without a headshot, unless there are changes I'm not aware of.

^^^

Oh, nice.

Does Respawn have any strategy videos? And great job on the game. Absolutely stellar! I'm at my in-laws right now and all I can think about is getting home and playing. :)

FrothOmen's youtube channel got you covered.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Dry Dock? or Crash Site? Crash Site sucks... I'm never in the middle of the action there, always seem to be lost on the other side of the map.

It doesn't really take that much time to see your skill level/points rise. Hopefully, new players will see that and stay.
Complex

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks.

I am thinking about buying the deluxe edition add-on and the Angel City add-on. Good stuff in them? Want to give Respawn more monies. They freaking deserve it.

SwolBro

Banned
Getting killed by a level 5 from the back of the map just warms my heart. Ain't even mad :'D
I am. Shit is stupid.

Honestly Volt just feels so weak to me after the nerf

Also Volt is fine, you don't really know what's changed :p
You have to rapid pulse the triggers more it seems. The gun is less forgiving, especially with the hipfire. I know Rayme said they only reduced it's mid-range effectiveness but it feels like the hipfire is way less accurate now as well.

One burst kill up to ridiculous range, high aim assist on consoles, dead accurate even at range, with some small strafing to throw off aim it beats the G2 even the snipers at long ranges.

I'm very sure up to a certain date the hemlok is still one burst kill without a headshot, unless there are changes I'm not aware of.

Only on console and only if you get a Headshot with the burst, otherwise you need 2 bursts :|
It's not that easy to get kills with on pc.

It's still 1 burst up close no matter where you hit. It's a 1 burst headshot from any distance and on console it's not hard to get those headshots. Even missing your first burst you can still recover. The time between bursts is super fast. Anyone that picks it up for an hour will immediately get the hang of it and start demolishing people from all ranges. It's a ridiculous weapon to introduce into a game like Titanfall.

deoee

I am. Shit is stupid.

You have to rapid pulse the triggers more it seems. The gun is less forgiving, especially with the hipfire. I know Rayme said they only reduced it's mid-range effectiveness but it feels like the hipfire is way less accurate now as well.

It's still 1 burst up close no matter where you hit. It's a 1 burst headshot from any distance and on console it's not hard to get those headshots. Even missing your first burst you can still recover. The time between bursts is super fast. Anyone that picks it up for an hour will immediately get the hang of it and start demolishing people from all ranges. It's a ridiculous weapon to introduce into a game like Titanfall.

Ahh right, I was far range when I tried it today and could not kill in one burst most of the time. Totally forgot about dmg drop off.

I had similar issues all day yesterday on the PS4 here in Australia. Prior to that I hadn't had any issue whatsoever.

Donos

Yeah, after a hour, I'm a believer with the hemlock. Burst pause seemed long, coming from the car but it's fine now. Keeping it :p

Calderc

GAF i'm really quite drunk and all I wanna do is play this. I'm so bad when drunk. Should I? Decide for me. I have metal tunes and wine.

Arrrammis

Been using Northstar for a few matches now, and she's actually really good. A fully charged crit takes out a tick and a half of titan health, an uncharged shot is enough to kill any infantry, the cluster bomb is great for taking out pilots (can hit directly for a one-shot and the clusters cover a surprisingly large area), and the chassis is fast enough to control a fight. The core ability is near useless against anyone besides scorch, and even at point blank you miss 1/3 of you shots even when you and your target are sitting still. The biggest counter to Northstar that I've found is Tone's shield, but two half charged shots take it down pretty easily, or if I'm close I can just dash past the shield.

Rayme

GAF i'm really quite drunk and all I wanna do is play this. I'm so bad when drunk. Should I? Decide for me. I have metal tunes and wine.
Make a new loadout. Stim, frag grenades, C.A.R. w/ run-and-gun. Call it "Drunk & Gun".

Spec a Titan with Guardian Chip and whatever else. You'll call him/her down but never get in.

Do us proud, and we'll see you on the other side. ;)

Calderc

Make a new loadout. Stim, frag grenades, C.A.R. w/ run-and-gun. Call it "Drunk & Gun".

Spec a Titan with Guardian Chip and whatever else. You'll call him/her down but never get in.

Do us proud, and we'll see you on the other side. ;)

Your loadout saw me get obliterated ;( It's definitely that and not the alcohol.

VeeP

Going by that reaction, I'm guessing those are good numbers for a non-COD shooter?

Previously it hovered around 10,000 to 20,000 on PS4/Xbox One. So a jump in double the population is great news.

Was on Xbox One an hour ago, population was 41K, which is great.

Top Bottom