• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |G2.1| "Whatever The Fuck That Means"

NeOak

Is there a network that the GAF thread uses? I'm on PS4

https://www.titanfall.com/en_us/networks/playstation/74/

I'm the admin, if anyone is active wants to be admin too, let me know.

There are 4500 members

fQuFkTL.png

Happy hour today is in 2 hours, idk why it shows midnight.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Overwatch was fun for a bit. And here is where I become a hypocrite as Torbjorn stacking absolutely ruined that game for me. (So, Gator86, I guess I should just shut my mouth.)

I am getting better, placing around the middle of the pack in games on maps I am familiar with. All I care about is not being last. :-( Though on new maps, IDGAF.

I'll join up, too. You can have more than one network, right?

NeOak

Overwatch was fun for a bit. And here is where I become a hypocrite as Torbjorn stacking absolutely ruined that game for me. (So, Gator86, I guess I should just shut my mouth.)

I am getting better, placing around the middle of the pack in games on maps I am familiar with. All I care about is not being last. :-( Though on new maps, IDGAF.

I'll join up, too. You can join more than one network, right?

You can join a lot of networks. Just one active at a time though.

The skill gap is the worst it's ever been. I'm losing so many games now. Very lopsided matches, especially when it was getting to be pretty evenly balanced recently. I even got to hear one of the Faction messages when you perform really, really poorly.

Izuna

Banned
The skill gap is the worst it's ever been. I'm losing so many games now. Very lopsided matches, especially when it was getting to be pretty evenly balanced recently. I even got to hear one of the Faction messages when you perform really, really poorly.

SBMM doesn't make the teams more balanced in Titanfall. It's just the nature of the game where there is a gap between those who "get it" and those who "don't". A lot of the changes were Respawn's attempts to narrow that gap, but instead it's still very there while lower level players feel like their deaths are even more cheap (Sentries, Sonar etc.)

Vipu

Banned
Tried some OW today since season1 and oh god im never gonna play that again.
Its just a first person moba without minions.
You cant carry with your aim or anything.
You have to hope your team is better than enemies and use skills and ultis at right time.
They should just change it to 3rd person so it cant be called fps anymore.

Izuna

Banned
Tried some OW today since season1 and oh god im never gonna play that again.
Its just a first person moba without minions.
You cant carry with your aim or anything.
You have to hope your team is better than enemies and use skills and ultis at right time.
They should just change it to 3rd person so it cant be called fps anymore.

You'll never be able to carry super hard unless you're Lucio, Genji etc. Aggressive SBMM... I can't touch that game. I don't want to play a game where 50% Win ratio is guaranteed.

EL CUCO

Oh wow, I went AFK during Coliseum and let the guy beat me the first 2 rounds. Once I got back I won the next 2 and the guy rage quits. It threw me back to Network lobby screen. No rewards..

Arrrammis

Is there a way to change crouch to hold instead of toggle on consoles? I'm looking through the settings and I can't find much.

Edit: after a bit of searching on Reddit, xbox and PS4 don't have this as an option, but PC does. I know we have at least one of the awesome folks at Respawn browing this thread (despite some people's saltiness), any chance we could have this option possibly added in to the console version?

_Clash_

Only took to level 28, but I now fee! established in Titanfall 2 MP. Mid table sometimes higher, know some of the maps, Scorch is my boy. Win % getting near to 50

Thank you for continually putting me in my place folks.

Only took to level 28, but I now fee! established in Titanfall 2 MP. Mid table sometimes higher, know some of the maps, Scorch is my boy. Win % getting near to 50

Thank you for continually putting me in my place folks.
Just passed level 30 and feeling the same. My typical loadouts are Cloak + Alternator + Mozambique (for PvP) or Grapple + Alternator + Archer (for Attrition).

Personally my favorite map is Drydock.

Man, now I know why all the Xbro's were so high on the first game (PS4 here). I bought this on a whim and flat out love it! I'm not great but not terrible and unless the teams are really lopsided every game is fun! I'm sure it's the COD part of me but I wish there were a bunch of challenges to complete, certainly not a deal breaker though. Great game!

Man, now I know why all the Xbro's were so high on the first game (PS4 here). I bought this on a whim and flat out love it! I'm not great but not terrible and unless the teams are really lopsided every game is fun! I'm sure it's the COD part of me but I wish there were a bunch of challenges to complete, certainly not a deal breaker though. Great game!

Check for your gun's camo section, there is one whole page dedicated to challenges, Titans too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wlc__JmipxQ

えれ子 is still playing this game

respawn, give her a platform and bring in some fans

(though it shows that, despite how easy she finds this game... there's a pretty big skill gap between how this game is played in Asia and the current meta we see here)

Not using fortified particle wall, not using turbo engine...

At what level does regeneration happens?

Player level at 50, Titans and weapons at 20, factions at 5.

cLOUDo

I received this game as Christmas's gift
What should I know, some tips?

I know it have very good reviews and comments so I am excited to finally play it

Rayme

Is there a way to change crouch to hold instead of toggle on consoles? I'm looking through the settings and I can't find much.

Edit: after a bit of searching on Reddit, xbox and PS4 don't have this as an option, but PC does. I know we have at least one of the awesome folks at Respawn browing this thread (despite some people's saltiness), any chance we could have this option possibly added in to the console version?
Sometimes we do things during our vacations, over Remote Desktop, but can't make promises until better testing has been done back in our studio.

Sorry, that just came into my head for some reason. You were talking about pie or something and I interrupted?

Izuna

Banned
Sometimes we do things during our vacations, over Remote Desktop, but can't make promises until better testing has been done back in our studio.

Sorry, that just came into my head for some reason. You were talking about pie or something and I interrupted?

Turn the laptop off and eat Turkey! Or, well, enjoy the Holidays how you do!

MERRY CHRISTMAS TITANGAF AND RESPAWN

Arrrammis

Got ya, thanks for the response!

Merry Christmas all!

deoee

Happy Birthday Jesus
EWmof.gif

Later's the time to grind some double xp before it runs out
AU7Amsc.gif

I love it, when you combine this with a happy hour and make like 3 levels after one match :D

Donos

Although i stil prefer BF1, TF2 is a lot of fun and the best thing is how fast it loads. Jumping in for 2-3 rounds of 24/7 angel city is so easy. Also everything with changing the loadout. Going back to BF1 is always a pain compared to it.

Is there anything else you can do to counter rodeo besides the countermeasures? I do it constantly too. Grappling hook is too nice for it.

Is it better to keep the charging anti titan weapon in charge mode or is the instashot mod with lower dmg better? Prefer the latter atm since you hit more/better. Q3 rail gun memories.

Still have the starting assault rifle with some mods but i like it. Seems like a good allrounder. Titan is all Tone for me atm. Still getting 1-2 titan drop kills every round. Don't know why so many prefer the bubble shield.

I've been one of those that didn't pick up TF2, COD IW, BF1, Overwatch, Unreal, Doom, Rainbow Six, Battlefront. Basically nothing. I've been waiting to see if there would be a shooter with a long term surviveability.

I look at this game, and it looks so fucking smooth. Pleasing smooth, and seemless animations that feel weighted and articulate- Not realistic, but weighted in their own universe. It's so damn important. I love the streamlined guns over straight up lasers or archaic designs. And I am blown away with the speed of the mechs.
I love the kick, the pilot color customization (will the add more armor skins?). I really hope this games make it. It look so much more interesting, deep and intricate than anything else I've seen in a very long time. The idea that it will not have a long and strong community is depressing. So I really hope a lot of people buy this game this holiday season. I'm still very uneasy about jumping in, and I still wish it supported a larger amounts of players (like 32 vs 32 like battlefield).

But fucking hell does this game just seem bad ass. the power slides, the wall jumping. It's like the shooting is combined with platforming and parkour.

deoee

lol @the Devotion.
Who designed this beast?
Except for when you get jump on this gun shits on everything.
If you have decent aim no one can escape you.

Is there anything else you can do to counter rodeo besides the countermeasures? I do it constantly too. Grappling hook is too nice for it.

Scorch: shoot your main weapon at a wall and turn your back against it.
Ronin: time your phase shift so the pilot exits your titan during it, this way you don't take damage, AND can get a battery if you kill the pilot.
Northstar: shoot a cluster missle at a wall, turn your back against it and disembark, it won't take self damage in auto mode.

Archer is that rocket launcher isn't it? I think that is still way off to me (level requirement) . I'm lvl 10 or so. Hope to gain some lvls later today with 2xp.
You accure credits pretty fast by just playing and leveling, and the costs are relatively cheap. I unlocked the Archer when I was only level 20-something

I've been one of those that didn't pick up TF2, COD IW, BF1, Overwatch, Unreal, Doom, Rainbow Six, Battlefront. Basically nothing. I've been waiting to see if there would be a shooter with a long term surviveability.

I look at this game, and it looks so fucking smooth. Pleasing smooth, and seemless animations that feel weighted and articulate- Not realistic, but weighted in their own universe. It's so damn important. I love the streamlined guns over straight up lasers or archaic designs. And I am blown away with the speed of the mechs.
I love the kick, the pilot color customization (will the add more armor skins?). I really hope this games make it. It look so much more interesting, deep and intricate than anything else I've seen in a very long time. The idea that it will not have a long and strong community is depressing. So I really hope a lot of people buy this game this holiday season. I'm still very uneasy about jumping in, and I still wish it supported a larger amounts of players (like 32 vs 32 like battlefield).

But fucking hell does this game just seem bad ass. the power slides, the wall jumping. It's like the shooting is combined with platforming and parkour.
I was never into online shooters/MP until this month, and of the ones I've played so far (TF2, BF 1, Overwatch, R6, Rocket League), this is by far my favorite. I went in with zero shooter skills, and have managed relatively well, and feel my skills in this and online shooters in general have increased considerably.

It plays as smoothly, skillfully, and badass as it looks. It's always fast finding a match, at least for me.

Izuna

Banned
Thunderbolt is the best IMO.
You can shoot from safe positions without showing your position, it hits multiple Titans and does decent damage.
Your Titan meter is going to thank you :3

Nah, it's pretty useless imo. Archer does so much more damage (damage translates to build%). 3-4 Archer Shots is a Titan. Thunderbolt, even if it hits direct, does only like half at most. It's also easier to hit with an Archer :D

Give Amped Archer a go

Vipu

Banned

Well you could help the game get bigger by +1!
Its totally worth it even if it doesnt survive in long run.

deoee

Nah, it's pretty useless imo. Archer does so much more damage (damage translates to build%). 3-4 Archer Shots is a Titan. Thunderbolt, even if it hits direct, does only like half at most. It's also easier to hit with an Archer :D

Give Amped Archer a go

No, Archer lock on is way to slow and you just give away your position.
On PC Titans turn too fast to lock on for 2 seconds.

Give Amped Archer a go

Archer in Tf2 is no longer the monster it once was, a simple dash to the side will dodge it.

Menthuss

Give Amped Archer a go

I laugh at pilots using Archers whenever I'm using Scorch or Ion.

Izuna

Banned
Y'all are mental.

Archer in R2 is FAR better than it was in R1. Amp up, shoot, Phase if they see you. You only need 2 or 3 for your own Titan.

Look at how cheesy this is.

uslpwOD.gif

--

PC does have an easier player base than Xbox. I'm sure some players are better, but it feels like the average is worse.

No, Archer lock on is way to slow and you just give away your position.
On PC Titans turn too fast to lock on for 2 seconds.

Use Gun Ready, it seems to make the targetting go faster.

Also, you want to use it on Distracted Titans. With Phase Shift, you do have enough time to shoot and run away.

deoee

Y'all are mental.

Archer in R2 is FAR better than it was in R1. Amp up, shoot, Phase if they see you. You only need 2 or 3 for your own Titan.

uslpwOD.gif

--

PC does have an easier player base than Xbox. I'm sure some players are better, but it feels like the average is worse.

Also, you want to use it on Distracted Titans. With Phase Shift, you do have enough time to shoot and run away.

Meeeh

With my Blitzball I would've shot and just killed the guy behind me, while the Titan is getting damged by my big ball :3

Vipu

Banned
Y'all are mental.

uslpwOD.gif

--

I use archer only in LTS for 1 shotting doomed titans and devotion if i want some small dmg.
For everything else MGL is much better for constant reliable dmg and you can shoot it while you hide.

Izuna

Banned
Meeeh

With my Blitzball I would've shot and just killed the guy behind me, while the Titan is getting damged by my big ball :3

This was FFA, that killed the Doomed Titan to win the game.

It's not the best clip (tbh, Archer kills happen every game for me so I never thought to)

but bruh, this is so consistent to pull off in this game

fSEi1dp.gif

No Attack can do damage to Doom state no matter how powerful it is prior to being in it, but being able to OHKO Doomed Titans (Amped Only), giving you like 70% makes it by far the most useful in the game.

The amount of MGL you need to hit to equal a since Archer is enought to really increase your chances of dying. I think the Archer is balanced around its reload, but if you reload in Phase Shift, there's no issue at all.

Top Bottom