• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |G2.1| "Whatever The Fuck That Means"

Vipu

Banned
Combine with Hover and ta da!

Now you can change directions mid-air.

TUUU0Rn.gif

I dont want to ruin it for you buy you can do all that without grapple and hook too.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
I'm on PS4 and never have wait more than 10-15 seconds to enter a match, for both Attrition and Pilot V Pilot.

And yes, it is so awesome. It took me a while for me to warm up to it, because I went in with zero online shooter skills, but now I'm grapple hook-punching guys in mid air.

I used the cloak a lot, but now I'm really liking the grapple hook

I like the hook so far (though no idea it could hook pilots), but I am still in teen levels so nothing else. And yeah, finding a game is pretty quick. Coming over from COD: MWR MP is a very strange adjustment. lol

DeNtKEf.jpg

This is how you play Titanfall.

Nice. Shame it's not on PS.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
How has the leader of [GAF] on PS4 not even played a single match? Who is it? You're letting the side down.

I thought about joining that server until I saw "Competitive" rather than social. That ain't nor ever will be me.

Hm, this MP might be my fav this year. Need to play the campaign but cannot tear myself away from the MP.

NeOak

How has the leader of [GAF] on PS4 not even played a single match? Who is it? You're letting the side down.

I'm playing.

Been sending invites to the network every time I finish a match but no one joins :(

I thought about joining that server until I saw "Competitive" rather than social. That ain't nor ever will be me.

Hm, this MP might be my fav this year. Need to play the campaign but cannot tear myself away from the MP.

The one with 4500 people is Social.

Zeta Oni

I dont want to ruin it for you buy you can do all that without grapple and hook too.

The grapplehook allows for much greater control and a higher margin for error. If I didn't have it in that .gif, there's no other way I would have hit the far wall and kept the momentum gained going.

So yeah, you can use Hover without grapplehook, but goodluck chaining it together during some longer jumps since using it kills all momentum gained.

The grapplehook allows for much greater control and a higher margin for error. If I didn't have it in that .gif, there's no other way I would have hit the far wall and kept the momentum gained going.

So yeah, you can use Hover without grapplehook, but goodluck chaining it together during some longer jumps since using it kills all momentum gained.

I'm pretty sure hover maintains your momentum, at least going by Frothy's tier list video.

Game is losing me, took a small break, came back, and it just feels like everything is getting quickly Sniped from Rooftops: The Game. So much quick and insta gibbing

Menitta

I just ripped a battery out of a titan, called my titan, that first titan killed me but my titanfall KILLED THAT TITAN AS HE WAS OUT TO GET THE BATTERY

Cake Boss

Banned
After a one week break, I came back to it and adjusted to all the changes that the patch made. It still awesome, just some tweaks with some guns n turrets need to be made.

I missed you Tittyfall 😘😘😘😘

Menitta

I was exaggerating with the earlier comment, but I don't think it carries your full momentum. I almost always feel as if I'm dropping much steeper then I would if I hadn't activated it.

Bonus .gif for stuff you can pull off with the grapplehook:

Yeah, that's a good use of the grappling hook. Sometimes I don't need to go that high.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Social and Competitive make NO difference, by the way...

Thought it was expectations...

I just ripped a battery out of a titan, called my titan, that first titan killed me but my titanfall KILLED THAT TITAN AS HE WAS OUT TO GET THE BATTERY

Something else I didn't know. I also didn't know players could ride titans until I did it. And there is an option for dropping a nade in an enemy titan? No clue how that works tho.

So much to learn.

Wish there was a PS4 trial so I could sample the controller or how good people are.

Anyway...

Rice-Eater, this is for you https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvtyHCraGc8

I remember we tried playing each other during AE 2012. The lag was horrid though. Would have been nice to get some real games in. Or maybe not since who wants to get stuck in a endless vortex.

As for PS4, most players play very COD like. Traveling mostly on foot and ADS'ing everything, even at close range. As for the controller. I like it but I've had every PlayStation since the first one so I'm kind of biased about that.

Izuna

Banned
Thought it was expectations...

Nah, not at all.

TitanGAF was supposed to be a private network for GAF members (not lurkers), and it is on Xbox and PC (though Xbox one was quite active a couple weeks ago but I dunno anymore -- and PC is quite active).

PS4, however, the person for TitanGAF left it open and the tag was different at the start.

NeoGAF is the PS4 network to pick (it's otherwise ENTIRELY dead on PC and Xbox)

Izuna

Banned
I remember we tried playing each other during AE 2012. The lag was horrid though. Would have been nice to get some real games in. Or maybe not since who wants to get stuck in a endless vortex.

We could try once more, I only have today to try.

I've noticed that you can't blink in this version etc.

Hit me up with a PM if you wanna play (I'll see the notification). My PSN iD is Izuninja

I was able to do well whenever I visited Japan until Ultra came out and for some reason everyone uses this version of Hakan I have no idea about.

Fun times (my family won't play me in this game sadly)

As for PS4, most players play very COD like. Traveling mostly on foot and ADS'ing everything, even at close range. As for the controller. I like it but I've had every PlayStation since the first one so I'm kind of biased about that.

On Xbox, you don't get REALLY terrible players often. They were in the Free Weekend, but they were missing otherwise even on release date. Usually it's just people who prioritise the wrong thing and don't play the objective.

We could try once more, I only have today to try.

I've noticed that you can't blink in this version etc.

Hit me up with a PM if you wanna play (I'll see the notification). My PSN iD is Izuninja

I'm not at home right now but I might try later tonight if you're still available.

As for PS4 player skill(again), I'm not seeing many players bunny hopping or killing me while flying around the stage with hip shooting. I guess that's a good thing for me because I'm pretty much one of those terrible players.

Izuna

Banned
I'm not at home right now but I might try later tonight if you're still available.

As for PS4 player skill(again), I'm not seeing many players bunny hopping or killing me while flying around the stage with hip shooting. I guess that's a good thing for me because I'm pretty much one of those terrible players.

Yeah, lemme know via PM. I should be able to jump on at any point in time for a few games. I got my Fighting Edge connected to a Chronus Max (disconnects every 10 minutes since we don't have a hub, but I can just do that between games so no interruption). ;)

Gator86

After a one week break, I came back to it and adjusted to all the changes that the patch made. It still awesome, just some tweaks with some guns n turrets need to be made.

I missed you Tittyfall 😘😘😘😘

Yeah, I haven't played much recently but it's still just as fun when I do hop on, for the most part. I'd be fine if they just removed Devotion, Hemlok, Sentry, and Tone from the game at this point. Feels like that's all you see on PS4. Balance issues aside, just tired of seeing so much of that shit.

Argonomic

My Titanfall story:
I killed a pilot just before he reached his bubble shield. I waited for the shield to fade and called my Titan in on top of his. The pilot embarked just in time to get titanfall'd.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
You can drop titans on enemies? Woah.

I will say that PS4 has good players; not everyone is on the ground.

Played some of the campaign and this is my GOTY. After two days. lol

I get the criticism of seeing the same shit, but who cares? That's in every game.

Izuna

Banned
My Titanfall story:
I killed a pilot just before he reached his bubble shield. I waited for the shield to fade and called my Titan in on top of his. The pilot embarked just in time to get titanfall'd.

Here is my story (repost)

5BxQuRx.gif

*BEEP BEEP*

"lol he had Warpfall on"

Is there a network that the GAF thread uses? I'm on PS4

You can drop titans on enemies? Woah.

I will say that PS4 has good players; not everyone is on the ground.

Played some of the campaign and this is my GOTY. After two days. lol

I get the criticism of seeing the same shit, but who cares? That's in every game.
#4 for me. It was either this or Overwatch as the game that got me into online multiplayer, but Titanfall won that fight

Top Bottom