• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |G2.1| "Whatever The Fuck That Means"

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Your loadout saw me get obliterated ;( It's definitely that and not the alcohol.
Stim is definitely a bad idea if you're hammered, I know from experience. Rayme was probably yanking your chain lol

Stick to cloak or phase shift, equip a grenadier or devotion and have some fun. Happy Drunkfall

Been playing TF2 hardcore for about 3 weeks now. Absolutely loving it.

Currently at G 2.32 or so? and getting at least top 3 in most public matches.

Had a few questions for people:

1. Who on twitter/youtube/switch should I follow for good match content? So far have been watching a lot of Gamesager, Tony Mo and this guy named Benchy. Give me yo recos.

2. Are there any emblems that you have to be really good to unlock? So far I'm seeing a lot of the same emblems around public matches and was curious if there were any that were tough to acquire.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Yo, public service announcement:

If you are getting rodeoed, DO NOT do this:

original

STAND STILL so your teammates can try to shoot/smash the guy. Spinning in circles like you've got a bug in your hair does not actually help kill the guy rodeoing you.

That is all.

Calderc

Stim is definitely a bad idea if you're hammered, I know from experience. Rayme was probably yanking your chain lol

Stick to cloak or phase shift, equip a grenadier or devotion and have some fun. Happy Drunkfall

Devotion when drunk = I dunno what I'm shooting at but I got 2 kills.

Merry TitanGAF, Christmas!

dankir

I think I've finally had my fill of the current TF2 meta. I have not stopped playing the game since launch day and basically played TF1 for 2 months prior to that.

Finally took the game outta my Xbox One today and put another game in. Lots of new players today this weekend for sure, but man some of the losses I was a part of were gross. I would have 15- 20 kills and the team would end up with 2 - 3 each.

Some of hte matchmaking is really iffy I joined an attrition match down 52 - 245, we made it to 300 points in the end but yeah. It's time for a break.

I'll jump back in after the next content update, I'm around 150 hours total played with an okay performance overall for me at least in an online shooter. This was from a few nights ago

Screenshot-Original.png

and don't worry I've permanently switched to the R201 and have it around Gen 6 now.

took this clip last night, was happy to teach this Ronin a lesson, also at the end of the match you should be a bit more aware of the score :)

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/II DINX II/video/24982762

and this is why Scorch owns Complex

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/II DINX II/video/24755929

This is my favorite online FPS ever, I'll be back :)

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
1. Who on twitter/youtube/switch should I follow for good match content? So far have been watching a lot of Gamesager, Tony Mo and this guy named Benchy. Give me yo recos.

Although not loaded with full match vids, FrostyOmen YT channel has really nice T2 content and skillful, movement-based gameplay in general. Recommend checking in on him every once in a while.

original

STAND STILL so your teammates can try to shoot/smash the guy. Spinning in circles like you've got a bug in your hair does not actually help kill the guy rodeoing you.

That is all.
Haha, duly noted. (Unless you're Scorch, in which case simply crouch with flame shield pointing up.)

Sojgat

original

That is all.

lol

Saw a lot of this today.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Last time I checked yesterday, PS4 had 36K players...did it go up more than that?

And good news here is, there's already 18K players on PS4! So the influx of new players is legit. Man, I hope they don't get turned off. If only Respawn showed a player's level. If I saw low level ones, I'd kinda ease up on them and not wallrun and such so much. :)

Hit gen 10.49 and I so want them to increase the level cap. :D

You could see their level if you just bloody well stop killing them and let them kill you! :D

The game is currently $37 at Target here in Australia. Tried my best to get the word around as everyone should play this gem.

deoee

I just had the two most epic Titan battlefields ever on Homestead and Complex.

It was constant action in the field, so awesome :eek:

Zousi

Go with FrothyOmen. He live-streams on Twitch quite often. Informative and a nice guy to boot (+epic skills!).

X-Frame

I've been playing some Last Titan Standing to get better and familiar with my less played Titans and geez with the right positioning Northstar can just take chunks out of enemies. Quite a few days I led in damage as her.

Nyx

Man I cant get over how good this is. Been playing some online matches and while normally I would say this kind of fast paced MP is not for me, but here I am grappling and wallrunning while shooting people. (hurray for bumper jumper settings!)

So much fun, I need to get into all the loadout options cause I'm definitely going to be playing this a lot next to BF1.

Decided to check out the cosmetic store as I'm having a ball with the game and thought I might sling Respawn a few bucks extra for their hard work. The Callsign and Camo Packs are quite reasonably priced at $2.95 and $4.55 respectively but the Customization and Prime Titan Packs are more than what I expected to be honest. Buying all 6 of the Customization Packs alone will cost me $35.70 which is $0.30 less than what I paid for the full game. The Prime Titan Packs are even more expensive at $7.55 each here in Australia. That's another $45.30 for all 6 of them when they release provided the remaining 4 are the same price as the ones available now.

To be quite honest I don't think I'll be buying any of the Customization or Prime Titan Packs as they are just too expensive for what you get. Not really sure why (and it's not just limited to Titanfall 2) but for some reason cosmetics seem to be charged out at such a premium compared to most other DLC. I get that they are releasing extra modes and maps for free but it's very hard to justify spending as much as the full game on a couple of different skins.

You could buy Titanfall 2 here in Australia on release day for $69 which is less than what it would cost for the Customization and Prime Titan Packs. I daresay that a lot more time and effort went into creating the entire game than a handful of skins did. How do they come up with the pricing on these things?

Cake Boss

Banned
Nothing gets my genitals all warm n fuzzy after being placed on a team that's already losing then you end up carrying the team to victory.

deoee

Decided to check out the cosmetic store as I'm having a ball with the game and thought I might sling Respawn a few bucks extra for their hard work. The Callsign and Camo Packs are quite reasonably priced at $2.95 and $4.55 respectively but the Customization and Prime Titan Packs are more than what I expected to be honest. Buying all 6 of the Customization Packs alone will cost me $35.70 which is $0.30 less than what I paid for the full game. The Prime Titan Packs are even more expensive at $7.55 each here in Australia. That's another $45.30 for all 6 of them when they release provided the remaining 4 are the same price as the ones available now.

To be quite honest I don't think I'll be buying any of the Customization or Prime Titan Packs as they are just too expensive for what you get. Not really sure why (and it's not just limited to Titanfall 2) but for some reason cosmetics seem to be charged out at such a premium compared to most other DLC. I get that they are releasing extra modes and maps for free but it's very hard to justify spending as much as the full game on a couple of different skins.

You could buy Titanfall 2 here in Australia on release day for $69 which is less than what it would cost for the Customization and Prime Titan Packs. I daresay that a lot more time and effort went into creating the entire game than a handful of skins did. How do they come up with the pricing on these things?

You don't have to feel bad for not spending any more money on the game :)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I just don't think the Prime Titans look that great compared to the default. But it doesn't help that those are two of my favorite designed Titans in the game.

Let's see what Ronin or Legion looks like and I'll probably throw them some money

deoee

After playing for 2 days I can say:

The Archer is pure shit.
Useless crap against most Titans that don't have brainless Pilots and even worse against Ion.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
You could see their level if you just bloody well stop killing them and let them kill you! :D

The game is currently $37 at Target here in Australia. Tried my best to get the word around as everyone should play this gem.

LOL! Yeah. :D I easily score 150 and up due to the newbies now. I should lay off.

Also, already over 35K players on PS4! Man! That word of mouth power! Really glad that instead of losing players, TF2 is gaining more and more as months go by.

After playing for 2 days I can say:

The Archer is pure shit.
Useless crap against most Titans that don't have brainless Pilots and even worse against Ion.

Yep. Find it useless since it doesn't hit for some stupid reason. I mostly use the grenade launcher for DPS, and the Thunderbolt in close-quarter maps since you can get your Titan super fast with it.

I hate the matchmaking and how it puts me in games already in progress and all that, but I did manage to get the MVP and win all even after entering a match already in progress with a deficit of 150 points. I killed off seven Titans and scored 139! Haha! That felt good, but one I don't want to do all the time.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Is the only point of Regen is to go through the levels again? So you get more chances to unlock more stuff? If you don't regen will you still unlock cosmetic stuff?

Dez_

Did they buff the Flatline? Weapon feels more reliable to use or something. I decided to switch back to it and found myself doing incredibly well with it. Then again, it could be all the new players letting me go on sprees like I have. Been a while since I've been able to do that.

Gotta say, ever since I started using the loadout for Northstar that highlights enemies while scoping, I've been having a much better time using her as a main titan. Didn't think I'd ever want to get rid of the extra burst of cluster missiles, but it's helped me win more matches.

I love experimenting with the weapons and loadouts in this game. Finally started using the archer rocket launcher. Seems okay, but add amped damage to it, and that thing is a total monster.

deoee

Northstar just doesn't cut it anymore.

It's a shame she sucks at everything (even Pilot sniping) except suiciding into multiple Titans.

Mesharey

I totally thought that voice actor was Arn
old Schwarzenegger
, loved what he did, awesome job.

I know the campaign is good, but didn't expect it to be THIS good!

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Is it possible (or common) to steal points from your team in BH? I've wondered because sometimes I'll ball outrageous but the rest of my team will score low, and I'm wondering if sometimes I'm not actually doing that good / they're not actually doing that bad

daedalius

So the art book is really awesome for TF2, for it for Xmas.

I got a ton of other games, but going through the art book just makes me want to play titanfall!

Izuna

Banned
Is it possible (or common) to steal points from your team in BH? I've wondered because sometimes I'll ball outrageous but the rest of my team will score low, and I'm wondering if sometimes I'm not actually doing that good / they're not actually doing that bad

By ballin' what do you mean? Pilot kills or points?

Every AI kill gives equal cash to the bonus. Cash goes straight to the score, but bonus you have to bank (so you can only steal 25% if you kill a Pilot once before they deposit).

But yeah, people tend to suck at that mode.

Despite all the complaints about joining in-progress matches, at least I haven't once seen a case where I'm joined right into a match I left. Though it always seems like it's about to happen because it's the same map as before 90% of the time.

X-Frame

I love Amped Hardpoint because of no A.I.

I can't stand nodes with the stupid grunts that just confuse me from actual players. Just my personal preferance. I wish Attrition didn't have any A.I.

Dez_

Speaking of Angel City, I still have not seen that map come up in rotation for any other playlist ever since it's release. The only way I've been able to play that is that 24/7 playlist, which is kind of disappointing. If it is in rotation, then I must have bad luck.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Speaking of Angel City, I still have not seen that map come up in rotation for any other playlist ever since it's release. The only way I've been able to play that is that 24/7 playlist, which is kind of disappointing. If it is in rotation, then I must have bad luck
It's bad luck. I have had it come up in Attrition many times, at least.

Donos

It's nice to see +8,000 players right now, and they moved Angel City 24 / 7 away from the first mode option.
Speaking of Angel City, I still have not seen that map come up in rotation for any other playlist ever since it's release. The only way I've been able to play that is that 24/7 playlist, which is kind of disappointing. If it is in rotation, then I must have bad luck

Tbh, i have almost only played that 24/7 Angel city map/server from the MP starting screen so far. Most of the rounds are bounty hunt. Have played 2-3 other maps which i didn't like compared to AC so no problem with that.

But now i know every corner of the map and know what is good Strategy in every mode :)

Then again, almost all of the 200 hours of Team Fortress 2 i played back then was on a Orange map server...

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Despite all the complaints about joining in-progress matches, at least I haven't once seen a case where I'm joined right into a match I left. Though it always seems like it's about to happen because it's the same map as before 90% of the time.

Yep. I do hate the weighting of maps, though. Exoplanet comes up waaaaay too often. I kinda hate that map due to everyone just camping on roofs. I can stomach Crash Site, Complex, etc. more.

I'm on ps4 right now and mine shows 39853 online.

I think he meant PC. :)

I'm going to be the odd pilot out and say, Homestead is my least favorite map in the game, too huge of an open area, and my main playstyle of EVA-8 and Scorch/Ronin just does not work there. Literally everything eats me alive.

Top Bottom