• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |G2.1| "Whatever The Fuck That Means"

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
First match of the day, Free for All, came in first place. I think I should stop playing now. lol I'm getting the hang of the Hemlock.

The dumb Alternator is OP, you shouldn't be able to hip fire snipe across the map with that thing.

It takes something like 5 or 6 shots to kill at long range.

It's accurate but as are all SMGs when hip fired. The alternator just works better because the others do lower damage, I don't think that generally makes it a good long range option though. Use it on people that aren't facing you, but if they're using the Hemlock, G2, an LMG or even R201 then they will win the gunfight.

Today further cemented my love for the Hemlock. Got a killing spree taking guys out in Homestead from across the map

And the game really nailed the pilot versus Titan combat. Rodeoing onto Titans, hanging off friendly Titans, taking potshots with anti-Titan weapons, trying to get above or behind with your superior mobility

Do they have any plans to bring the rest of the Titanfall maps to Titanfall 2? I never played the first game but from what I've heard and seen in youtube videos they look awesome and I'd love to be able to play them here.

Dez_

Keep trying to use the R-97 just for the sake of leveling up the weapon, but damn it is hard to use. I'm handicapping myself everytime I have it for my loadout.

Izuna

Banned
How do you delete the battery indicator when you steal a battery?

I've seen people do it to me multiple times and I have no idea how they're doing it.

Time

Phase

Cloak

--

I'm also not sure if using a Battery Boost would "drop" that particular battery, but that's hardly a real strategy.

Always turn 180 as soon as the Pilot disembarks and dash once if you can. You should be able to punch then >90% of the time.

Time

Phase

Cloak

--

I'm also not sure if using a Battery Boost would "drop" that particular battery, but that's hardly a real strategy.

Always turn 180 as soon as the Pilot disembarks and dash once if you can. You should be able to punch then >90% of the time.

Do you have to use Cloak before getting on or does it have to be activated afterwards?

Izuna, I accidentally left TitanGaf when I was trying to remove the NeoGaf network. Same damn tag. Shot you another invite request.

You playing Bounty Hunt today? We might have enough members now for 8v8 mixtape nonsense, or even full custom matches...

Izuna

Banned
Do you have to use Cloak before getting on or does it have to be activated afterwards?

I'm going to assume afterwards. BTW, without Low Profile, you'd have a green trail that'd be easy to see.

Izuna, I accidentally left TitanGaf when I was trying to remove the NeoGaf network. Same damn tag. Shot you another invite request.

You playing Bounty Hunt today? We might have enough members now for 8v8 mixtape nonsense, or even full custom matches...

I haven't set my Xbox back up yet, but I'm going to do that now ;)

I'm super happy to join any parties.

I'm in both networks so I'll be down to play later tonight (PS4)

Vipu

Banned
Game doesnt list a stat for it, but the hipfire on the CAR feels like its half as accurate as the Volt, if that...

Maybe you think so because that crosshair disappears when you start to shoot?
Im not gonna use CAR before I use some 3rd party crosshair or when they add it.

Izuna

Banned
Hey, Antitype, I'm not 100% sure what your gamertag is. I approved all the pending members though

--

hmm, these after hours Bounty Hunt numbers aren't great still. Attrition has like 10x the people at 800 =(

Hey, Antitype, I'm not 100% sure what your gamertag is. I approved all the pending members though

Thanks man. I'm just stepping out to meet some friends for a quick bite, I'll confirm when I get back in an hour or two.

Plus, we can always post LFGs in here in case people are signed in via different nodes.

Bounty hunt jumped from a rough average of 600 to 1200 here on the Oregon server. But yeah, it's a far cry from the 10,000 in Attrition.

Same shit as Halo. I wanna play CTF, everybody votes for Slayer. Fuckers. :p

Any tips to using phase? I always get so disoriented when I use it as the enemy disappears? Not knowing where they are going to be when you come out of it. I feel I do better using stim to navigate the map better.

Any tips to using phase? I always get so disoriented when I use it as the enemy disappears? Not knowing where they are going to be when you come out of it. I feel I do better using stim to navigate the map better.

When phased / when someone phases, the sound is consistent. So, if you phase you can track opponents by sound and vice versa.

If you see an enemy jumping or wall running, they're likely going to be further ahead of that spot when you return.

Also I think players expect you to keep running or try and get behind them when they see you phase, so you might be able to use that to your advantage.

Izuna

Banned
Been having horrible teammates, but my Attrition scores are 200+ almost every game.

wyML7H3.gif

I should be able to get 2.0 kd and maybe 85% winrate by Gen10

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!

You won't be able to see anyone else, enemy or friendly, during phase unless they are also in phase shift. It's an evasive maneuver, if you know the map well and can move quickly, it is really effective. By far my favorite pilot tactical in the game

Thanks for the advice. I'm more of an aggressive player so the idea of using it as defensive tactic rather than offensive doesn't sit well. Maybe this is not the tactical for me.

Izuna

Banned
GAF was down for a little while --

rL9VyWP.gif

hehe

GAF is the best

MFmgJAz.png

-------------------

I've finally made it to G7. My kd is up to 1.9 so I'm sure it'll be 2.0 by G10. I also have an 83% winrate now.

Izuna: I got a 24 hour communications ban on XBL, lol

Maybe from that guy I sent a message to 'please, just leave'? Cause I never public chat and that's the only message I've sent to a rando in the last 3 weeks or more.

*shrugs* First ban of any kind in 12 years on XBL. Had to pop my cherry some time.

Also, stop humiliating everybody in Bounty Hunt. That's why nobody is playing it! ;)

Izuna

Banned
Izuna: I got a 24 hour communications ban on XBL, lol

Maybe from that guy I sent a message to 'please, just leave'? Cause I never public chat and that's the only message I've sent to a rando in the last 3 weeks or more.

*shrugs* First ban of any kind in 12 years on XBL. Had to pop my cherry some time.

Also, stop humiliating everybody in Bounty Hunt. That's why nobody is playing it! ;)

Oh, ;( I see. Are you able to hear me at all then?

I hope you're okay with the Attrition <-> Bounty Hunt pattern

Top Bottom