• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |G2.1| "Whatever The Fuck That Means"

deoee

Easy headshots. I've been playing a lot of Rainbow Six so my aim is a lot better. I just snap to their head, dumpster them, and move on. I think having that quicker transition to ADS has given me the boost over people, a couple bullets of more accurate fire is all it takes and I'd rather not leave my shots to chance. I also use hover but I don't know if it helps, I just think it's cool.

Especially with the smg the time it takes to ads and align is easily two or three shots o the target from the hip imo

No greater satisfaction when beating a team that has a player with 20+ kills but has banked absolutely nothing.

No greater kick in the nuts when you're on a team on Hard Point and your team don't cap the first point and instead just run off trying to kill players.

Jito

Banned
spoken like someone who never played TF1

That's a pretty harsh response. I played a ton of the first game and think Pilot vs Titan fights are just as fun in TF2.

Man I thought you guys would have higher KD ratios with all the bragging that goes on around here. I'm sat at 3.4 KD vs players.

BY2K

Membero Americo
So I got the game, finished the campaign, it's freaking fantastic even if short. BT best character of the year.

I'm having problem with multiplayer, tho.

I keep getting disconnected in the middle of matches. Not having that problem with any other game.

EDIT: Okay apparently I just needed to restart my PC.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
That's a pretty harsh response. I played a ton of the first game and think Pilot vs Titan fights are just as fun in TF2.

Man I thought you guys would have higher KD ratios with all the bragging that goes on around here. I'm sat at 3.4 KD vs players.

Speaking about the rodeo attacks only I think it is more balanced in TF2. In TF1 if you didn't have electric smoke as your tactical you were vulnerable to rodeo attacks, and if you got attacked by someone with the spitfire and slammer mod then you were pretty much fucked unless you weren't already engaged and could disembark to deal with them. Rodeo was skewed heavily towards pilots in the first game, not so much in TF2.

And I like the overall pilot v titan combat in TF2, but I wish the sidewinder were still an anti-titan weapon instead of grenadier class. I fucking loved that weapon in the first game.

deoee

Speaking about the rodeo attacks only I think it is more balanced in TF2. In TF1 if you didn't have electric smoke as your tactical you were vulnerable to rodeo attacks, and if you got attacked by someone with the spitfire and slammer mod then you were pretty much fucked unless you weren't already engaged and could disembark to deal with them. Rodeo was skewed heavily towards pilots in the first game, not so much in TF2.

And I like the overall pilot v titan combat in TF2, but I wish the sidewinder were still an anti-titan weapon instead of grenadier class. I fucking loved that weapon in the first game.

And I wish we had the quad RL for Titans again :[

Beat the campaign last night, and I have to say, it's one of the best FPS games I've played in a long time.

Someone decided it would be a good idea to marry Armored Core, Mirror's Edge, and throw in Call of Duty genetic material as well. A damn fine mixture, if I could say so myself. And after coming off of nearly 50 hours of Deus Ex: Mankind Divided SP, a short campaign was definitely needed, for me at least.

Well done, Respawn.

Amped Weapons is basically a must-have if you plan on racking up the kills. I can't count how many times I should have died but had just enough time to fire my amped Alternator for the kill. They drop pretty fast.

My preferred loadout right now is

Alternator with tactikill and quick sights (or whatever they are called)
Wingman Elite for the range (also with tactikill and ricochet)
Phase Shift for the MLG outplay of the game
Firestar for getting damage on titans to get my boosts

Sometimes I'll swap the Alternator for the Flatline, I like the high damage weapons. When the titans come out to play I'll swap to my class with ant-titan weapons instead of the wingman. Amped weapons + anti-titan weapon is a killer. My preferred titan is tone right now because I can kill pilots and titans pretty easily with the cannon. I'm racking up like 20+ kills per attrition match, maxing in the 30s. This game rocks.

Before my current setup I had switched from Amped to the Battery boost. I feel I was doing just as well without it while running the CAR. I don't know why some are sleeping on this weapon. Its damn good.

Vipu

Banned
Before my current setup I had switched from Amped to the Battery boost. I feel I was doing just as well without it while running the CAR. I don't know why some are sleeping on this weapon. Its damn good.

Because its worse than Volt in every way until they fix that crosshair

I need to head to R1 to confirm, but I feel like it's tougher to jump from the center building to any of the surrounding buildings in the redux of Angel City than the original.

You still can, by taking a slide double-jump and 'catching' a wall, but I can't shake memories of jumping out of one window straight across the street into another building as I was playing cat and mouse with Titans. Was it all in my head?

Right now it jut feels like everybody heads to rooftops and camps out with the Hemlock/G2A/Devotion and turrets/AWalls/Cloak. None of the in-and-out, weaving through buildings that I remember....

deoee

Can people stop calling the game Titanfall 1 and 2 R1 and R2, PLEAAASE
AU7Amsc.gif

Vipu

Banned
Whats wrong with it? The "squished" look?

Yeah, and a faster rate of fire. The spread also helps.

That dot disappears when you start to shoot and when you stop to shoot it comes back after 1-2sec.

Sure thats fine maybe in some close range fights but having dot makes TONS of difference everywhere else.

I know I could get some 3rd party crosshair or something but dont think I care so much, I just use Volt then.

deoee

That dot disappears when you start to shoot and when you stop to shoot it comes back after 1-2sec.

Sure thats fine maybe in some close range fights but having dot makes TONS of difference everywhere else.

I know I could get some 3rd party crosshair or something but dont think I care so much, I just use Volt then.

Really?
I never noticed :D

I didn't really notice the reticule, but the CAR feels off to me after playing the Volt.

The clip is emptying faster, but the bad guys aren't dropping faster, lol

SwolBro

Banned
Right now it jut feels like everybody heads to rooftops and camps out with the Hemlock/G2A/Devotion and turrets/AWalls/Cloak. None of the in-and-out, weaving through buildings that I remember....

That's because the game punishes movement. I haven't played in days... completely bored of the meta.

When as the most mobile player in every pub match I'm in I find it more successful and logical to hemlok at distance than to actually flank and move on opponents there's a fundamental flaw in the game's design.

It's a Titanfall game that wants to not be a Titanfall game.

Vipu

Banned
Honestly I mainly play bounty hunt, there is something about the way the matches flow that I like way better compared to attrition.

I like attrition more because there campers can do less harm, in BH 1 camper needs to get you with his devotion and you lose your big money$.

I wanna say Phase Shift is the best Tactical, but the fact that even on good connections, it'll be very likely you can still die after you've phased into wherever it is you go to.

This happens way too often for me, that I barely use the thing now.

So I bought this from the PSN sale and the SP is quality so far. Looks great, good variety of settings and mechanics. And I like the Titan's personality too.

SwolBro

Banned
41k on xbone right now. Over 300 on CTF. Makes me happy

People still complaining about Tone aren't good with other titans. Ronins are dominating CTF.

Respawn, phase shifting while flag running should NOT be a thing. Fix this please.

Izuna

Banned
Nah, Tone is basically 80% of teams almost every game and makes using Northstar almost pointless outside of Bounty Hunt.

If anything, I think the Titans are most balanced in that mode.

Ronin isn't really anti-Tone, at best he'll trade, that's it. Not to say I haven't had good mileage with Ronin, but if you consider equally skill players it's 5.5 Tone at worst.

I've just given up and stuck with Tone. Since I can Goose with ease, I'm not seeing the benefit of Ion too much.

I will say though, vs. Legion, Tone should have her improved wall. I didn't know until recently that you can just shoot his legs to get locks, and one set of tracker rockets will remove his shield.

Also... WHY does the killfeed no longer say Smart Core when you die by it?

Jito

Banned
I wish it was easier to tell when legion is using smart core, too many times I've poked my head out as a pilot and been caught by a bullet instantly.

People still complaining about Tone aren't good with other titans.

Most certainly not the case

I've just given up and stuck with Tone.

And so have many other people. Hopefully Respawn sees this and makes adjustments.

I didn't know until recently that you can just shoot his legs to get locks

Been saying this from the get go, m8. Though Ive noticed it can be a bit inconsistent lately.

one set of tracker rockets will remove his shield.

Why waste your rockets on the shield? Shoot up!

SwolBro

Banned
Ronin isn't really anti-Tone, at best he'll trade, that's it. Not to say I haven't had good mileage with Ronin, but if you consider equally skill players it's 5.5 Tone at worst.
At best he will trade? No. A good ronin will beat a good tone. You haven't faced really good ronins I'm sure. You play bounty hunt.

Izuna

Banned
At best he will trade? No. A good ronin will beat a good tone. You haven't faced really good ronins I'm sure. You play bounty hunt.

Your elitism is out of control, seriously.

At least try to have a debate rather than going with an ad hominem response.

---

SILLY ME! I've had the Nitro Scorch pack since forever, so I could have played Angel City when it was for pre-orders only. grr

ByWatterson

Do you guys think the chances for TF|3 have substantially increased in the least few weeks? This is a special franchise of which we need, and Respawn deserves, much more.

SwolBro

Banned
Your elitism is out of control, seriously.

At least try to have a debate rather than going with an ad hominem response.

---

SILLY ME! I've had the Nitro Scorch pack since forever, so I could have played Angel City when it was for pre-orders only. grr
ronin simply can out 1v1 a tone. The combination of sword block, phase, is usually too much for a tone if you get up close. You can phase out of the lock ons which is vital for a tone to beat you. A tones wall also means nothin against a ronin

Good enough for you?

ronin simply can out 1v1 a tone. The combination of sword block, phase, is usually too much for a tone if you get up close. You can phase out of the lock ons which is vital for a tone to beat you. A tones wall also means nothin against a ronin

Good enough for you?

Can confirm. However, if the Tone has another target they can build core meter on, the Ronin may be toast.

Izuna

Banned
If Tone starts fighting Ronin from midrange, she's going to get the Core in that fight, and Ronin will most certainly be Doomed.

It takes two to three tracker rockets (clean) to Doom Ronin, and Ronin's sword core comes with damage.

It's not a bad match up for Tone at all.

If Tone starts fighting Ronin from midrange, she's going to get the Core in that fight, and Ronin will most certainly be Doomed.

It takes two to three tracker rockets (clean) to Doom Ronin, and Ronin's sword core comes with damage.

Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but you can't build much core when a Ronin is using sword block, since it's correlated to damage dealt.

Izuna

Banned
Maybe I'm remembering wrong, but you can't build much core when a Ronin is using sword block, since it's correlated to damage dealt.

Most of the time though, unless it's LTS, you won't end up at 0% with the Tone. A battery and two his with the tracker rocket is almost a core, no?

Playing as Ronin, I can inly get through about two Tones before losing my Titan and there doesn't seem to be a way around that.

Meanwhile, as a Tone, I can do maybe 3 regardless of which Titan I'm up against.

I'll load up the PC version sometime, see if I come across any "good Ronins".

SwolBro

Banned

decent players have already learned how to deal with tones core. If it's coming straight at you block it or phase out, if it points up be prepared to block from behind or phase out at the right moment.

Tone is still the best Overall titan and probably the best LTS titan but that's mainly because of ease of use, so skilled players in other titans should have no problems with a tone. At all. Especially ronins.

Top Bottom