• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |G2.1| "Whatever The Fuck That Means"

dankir

Holy shit, I think I just saw a fellow Ronin in that phase shift realm. That's a neat little detail

Will you both blow up if you end up in the same space after phasing out? I seriously hate the kerplodes if you phase into a space occupied with another titan.

I had one match where I was going to phase out and nuclear explode inside the 5 other enemy titans, sure I would have gotten a few and we would have won that match.

Instead I exploded and they all survived and wrecked havoc on us. I hate it hate it hate hate it.

Vipu

Banned
A little consumer advice, please. I like shooters with interesting mechanics, art styles, and/or settings. I bought Doom at release, played thought the SP and never touched MP and was totally satisfied with it. I assume all action/shooter games have shitty stories and don't play them for that. I'm just too old to play a fast-action shooter in comp MP.

Odds I'd think TF2 is worth it at 40 for the SP? (And there's no coop MP modes rn, right?) I played TF1 for a while when it launched and I liked it but I fell away after a while.

I really hadn't given TF2 a lot of attention but all the hype around it for the Giant Bomb GotY has me interested. Thanks in advance.

You rarely see that good SP FPS games so think about that!
I cant say if its worth it for you or not.

I would not pay over 10€ for ANY SP game.
MP where its at for me and SP is just usually meh, play it once without that big challenges and thats it.
I bought it just for MP and I might finish SP someday sometime when there is nothing else to do and im bored.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Will you both blow up if you end up in the same space after phasing out? I seriously hate the kerplodes if you phase into a space occupied with another titan.

I had one match where I was going to phase out and nuclear explode inside the 5 other enemy titans, sure I would have gotten a few and we would have won that match.

Instead I exploded and they all survived and wrecked havoc on us. I hate it hate it hate hate it.

Hold sword block during phase dash and you won't explode if you end up in the same space as an enemy titan

I know there's also sorts of hate for the Hemlock but I just want to say that although I think it's a powerful gun it's certainly not overpowered (at least on the PS4). If you're at range or don't get a headshot it is a two burst kill. Close range it's a one burst. But you can still get beat head to head. It's a very satisfying fun but certainly not OP like the M16 in MW.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Last time I'm ever using a mic with randoms. I got verbally abused the entire match; I guess since he could see I was the only one with a mic. The torrent of abuse was staggering. I normally just have it plug in so I don;t have to listen through the TV but decided to listen for a few games to see if anyone talked tactics-- big mistake.

Pilot vs pilot phasing is whoever phases out later wins. Ronin however is the opposite, hold Sword Block when phasing towards enemy titans will prevent you from dying.

Arrrammis

Last time I'm ever using a mic with randoms. I got verbally abused the entire match; I guess since he could see I was the only one with a mic. The torrent of abuse was staggering.

Yeah, I never have my mic active in a match with randoms. Whenever I play on PS4, I create a chat party and just sit in there. I can't hear the random players in game with their food/kids/yelling/etc., and that way if any of my friends come online they can hop into the chat party and easily group up.

Side note, if anyone on PS4 ever wants to group up for multiplayer and I'm online, feel free to join the chat party! PSN is the same as Gaf name.

Renewed

Last trophy left is collectibles, my favourite...

Master kicking my ass with one hit KOs. But at least the trophy popped once I got through the first part with Legion kit.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
HA! I FINALLY got up on that motherfucking tower (no grapple) in Angel City to assassinate a camping sniper. He got the teabagging of a lifetime.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It probably won't happen, but I'd love to see a Titanfall 1 Attrition mode where minions constantly spawn across the map. I just ran around a map twice and couldn't find a single person to shoot because I was either always missing them or they were just camping in the middle. At least give me something to shoot at while I'm trying to find other players.

I'd been spending a lot of time in the Angel City map rotation because in my region it was the only mode which seemed to have dependable matching. Got a K/D of 2.3 which has been improving steadily, coming in top 3 in most matches, hit G 2.5 etc. so I figured I'd move onto some new maps in Attrition.

Damn.

Playing mainly Angel City for so long has really hurt me in terms of map knowledge. Now begins again the slow ladder climb...

ironcreed

Banned
I have decided to stick with Ion for awhile since going back to him after my first generation. I do much better with him than I did Tone.

On a side note, Xbox One has seen a big boost in population. Nice to see more folks picking up the game.

ryan299

My friend just got the game for christmas and holy shit is the party system junk in this game. Half the time it puts us in separate games.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Oh another nice usability thing would be allowing you to spawn into combat with a full shield if you have a battery boost ready to go.

Daigoro

My friend just got the game for christmas and holy shit is the party system junk in this game. Half the time it puts us in separate games.

yep, it's pretty bad...

I'm going to be the odd pilot out and say, Homestead is my least favorite map in the game, too huge of an open area, and my main playstyle of EVA-8 and Scorch/Ronin just does not work there. Literally everything eats me alive.

wait, there are people that actually like this map?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
yep, it's pretty bad...

wait, there are people that actually like this map?
Unfortunately with TF2/R2/Boogoo2, it's really a competition for worst map than best map.

I think most people hate Crash Site for the spawns and Complex for the tight corridors which makes Titan fights a shit show (but I don't mind it because as a pilot, you can actually find people to shoot).

TF2's Crash Site is a poor man's Relic from TF1. And Complex is a poor man's TF1's Corporate. They force low-ground corridor shooting when there's clearly lots of vertical space that was intentionally tucked away. You don't see the TF1 maps do this. Plus, they're all at least half as large.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
TF2's Crash Site is a poor man's similar crash site map from TF1. And Complex is a poor man's TF1's Corporate. They force low-ground corridor shooting when there's clearly lots of vertical space that was intentionally tucked away. You don't see the TF1 maps do this. Plus, they're all at least half as large.
Yeah, Complex in particular feels like Corporate with the exteriors chopped off.

Durden77

Had the day off, hadn't been able to play in a while, and was able to ay this for a good 4 hours today. Had a blast, I'm level 47 now. Gonna prestige like a mother fucker.

Had the day off, hadn't been able to play in a while, and was able to ay this for a good 4 hours today. Had a blast, I'm level 47 now. Gonna prestige like a mother fucker.
Yup, now I understand how people can put in dozens of hours and prestige endlessly in online shooters. Human enemies and unpredictability are so addicting

Menitta

I got the artbook for Christmas. Lemme just say this: They picked the right design for BT.

I highly recommend getting the artbook. Seeing some really concept cool art of the maps I've been seeing so much for the past two months is really awesome.

Went frame by frame on Ronin's execution, so cool!

O7VVAio.png

vXBlTc0.jpg

FDtmA0J.jpg

Attrition on Drydock, 217 points with Eva/Phase Shift and Ronin:

https://youtu.be/I5ERcVqi6QQ

Xeilyn

Got this today for cheap and its pretty fun. The ttk is too low but that seems to be the case with every fast paced shooter.

No idea why the bolt action sniper exist, feels like you'll do better with any other weapon 100% of the time

HelloMeow

Yeah, Complex in particular feels like Corporate with the exteriors chopped off.

The outside area on Complex is straight from the campaign, except in the campaign there are buildings and there's verticality. It's the main area from Effect and Cause. Imagine if Complex was more like this, with all these buildings, verticality and interiors. Yes, you can even walk your titan up there.

I don't know which came first, the campaign version or Complex's version, but in Complex, all of this isn't there and it's just a flat, boring lane.

Renewed

I understand the Ronin phase shift BS now that I've played him. Gonna keep guarding there too I guess, since I got "stepped on"

Lightningboalt

Neo Member
I rented TF2 at its release and I absolutely loved the campaign, to the point that it's one of my top 5 favorite games this year. I didn't dip into the multiplayer (beyond getting its trophies) because I wasn't a huge fan during the tech test... but, after returning the game, I found myself realizing that I should actually own a game this good, so as of Christmas I now actually have the game again. I suppose that now I can actually clean up the three remaining trophies I have.

I've been giving the multiplayer another shot, and it's growing on me. I just hate the incredibly low TTK. I'll find that I regularly die in 2 or 3 bodyshots, which feels just a bit ridiculous. I'm beginning to like most of the maps, though Angel City's return from TF1 is very welcome because I think it's the best map in 2 by far, it stands well above the others.

I just gotta get better at it. I appreciate the customization options but it also feels a bit daunting to me because there's just so many, hell if I know which guns to use. And yet, there are so few Titans available in multiplayer, I wish all of them were there. Still, I'm glad I have the game again, it's fantastic.

lebowski4ever

Neo Member
took out a couple of ronins earlier with my tone. used the extra dodge strategically, in tandem with the shield and plenty of moving in between buildings...so fuckin satisfying.

I mean, this guy has some amazing movement and wallrun chains, but he's very clearly handicapping himself with the Kraber. Imagine that video with a Hemlok, or a G2?

It'd be a lot less interesting. Kraber is challenging which is what makes it much more impressive.

Dear didact

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42aGrpkZBYU

when we getting r2 version of this?

edit: keep watching for kraber use

You can't rush quality. ;)

I'm also having a hell of a time trying to decide which clips to cut since I have about 13 minutes of quality footage and only 4 minutes of space.

It'd be a lot less interesting. Kraber is challenging which is what makes it much more impressive.

You can't rush quality. ;)

I'm also having a hell of a time trying to decide which clips to cut since I have about 13 minutes of quality footage and only 4 minutes of space.

Just throw all the 13 minutes in our faces.

I spent credits on it so it perminantly unlocked. Its by far the best pilot ability

I go back and for between Pulse Blade and Phase Shift. PS is better as a reactive get-out-of-jail card, PB is better is you like to be proactive. It also helps everybody on your team, so if you're not playing with idiots, Pulse Blades can frequently lead to quick team wipes.

Wtf is the Revelation?

Devotion, sorry, lol

My friends and I call it the Revelation because of that moment you realize its an LMG with the range of a sniper rifle and the accuracy of an AR.

It alao allows us to rep The Good Dinosaur by saying 'Looks like somebody got relevated' everytime somebody gets kills with or killed by one.

Top Bottom