• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |G2.1| "Whatever The Fuck That Means"

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'm going to be the odd pilot out and say, Homestead is my least favorite map in the game, too huge of an open area, and my main playstyle of EVA-8 and Scorch/Ronin just does not work there. Literally everything eats me alive.
I dislike the map as well, along with Exodus, because it's basically snipe/camper heaven since there's no way to easily loop around the map without taking the long way. I think if Homestead lost that area with the buildings where the giant water wheel is and was just half the size, I'd be much more happier with it.

In my ideal world, there would be more maps like Dustbowl (or whatever it's called), since it is big enough to have 3 Titan lanes, but small enough that you can cover the entire map on foot very quickly. I think it's why I like Angel City as well, because it doens't feel like you'll get sniped by a camper the minute you walk around a corner if you are using the map correctly.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
I dislike the map as well, along with Exodus, because it's basically snipe/camper heaven since there's no way to easily loop around the map without taking the long way. I think if Homestead lost that area with the buildings where the giant water wheel is and was just half the size, I'd be much more happier with it.

In my ideal world, there would be more maps like Dustbowl (or whatever it's called), since it is big enough to have 3 Titan lanes, but small enough that you can cover the entire map on foot very quickly. I think it's why I like Angel City as well, because it doens't feel like you'll get sniped by a camper the minute you walk around a corner if you are using the map correctly.

I don't like Homestead, either. It becomes a rooftop sniping match and I find a lot of "lulls" in the middle and outskirts areas.

---

Holy balls! Over 40K on PS4 right now! Man, I kinda want to see how much it caps out later. I gather, 45K isn't far off given how early it is, no?

Zeta Oni

I'm going to be the odd pilot out and say, Homestead is my least favorite map in the game, too huge of an open area, and my main playstyle of EVA-8 and Scorch/Ronin just does not work there. Literally everything eats me alive.

Your not wrong, its easily the worst map in the game imo.

Far too open, and as a result using the movement mechanics as they are intended is the quickest way to die. Always have to watch out for a Captain Hemlock across map, and good luck finding a way to circle around without taking an unnecessarily amount of time or taking your chances in the wide open death fields.

It's a shame that apparently all snipers, grenade launchers and pistols aren't worth using. Is that true?

I dont use any of those weapon categories, but theyre all very viable.

I kinda wish pistols didnt replace Anti-Titan weapons, Id use them alot more. GLs are great too.

I loathe sniper rifles on principle.

nvm, I remembered wrong with the ticks, they do have friendly names above them though

True, it's just those moments when you encounter them in close proximity and can't see the name or when an enemy one and a friendly one arrive at the same time.
Learning not to shoot them in terror because their blast radius has more range than I expect.

Voltron64

I love Christmas time in online multiplayer games.
JusN6I8.jpg

Vipu

Banned
Im waiting to get some kind of gift event like "get double amount of stuff from gifts" or new stuff to unlock.
I can say im prepared for it now!
Going for 1000 next.

e8e84681ff.jpg

Getting a direct hit with a Firestar is one of the most ninja things you can do in this game (a lot of things in this game make you feel like some anime robo ninja). It's very satisfying, is a Firestar headshot an instakill? I've never done it before.

Some Firestar clips from today:
http://plays.tv/s/L55PdFHsg_4J

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Thought I was getting better only to come in DEAD LAST in all the games I played today. Losing all CQC duels, losing all titan fights, losing all long range duels. I think I had 2 pilot kills on the last match and that was only because they were looking the other way.

On the other hand, I have become somewhat adept at ripping out cores and putting them into friendly titans.

Ugh.

X-Frame

Completely false.

Nope, it isn't

EPG and Softball have their uses

One of the best weapons in the game is the Mozambique

Wingman helps certain SMG builds

I dont use any of those weapon categories, but theyre all very viable.

I kinda wish pistols didnt replace Anti-Titan weapons, Id use them alot more. GLs are great too.

I loathe sniper rifles on principle.

Thanks everyone! Apologies for the ignorance, but it was mostly my observations of the weapons I am killed by most and all 3 of those weapon classes are sub-5% of my deaths it seems like.

I did try out the Mozambique and love it already, but like Antitype said above it does stink that they replace anti-Titan weapons.

I'll branch out more.

AtkO

Just got this today. I have to say two things, congrats for this amazing game Respawn and fuck off EA. This is probably the best FPS we got since MW and you buried it by releasing it between the two giants.

I don't even know where to start to make my point, I'm still thinking this through in my head.

The campaign blew my mind,
at times I felt like I was playing Prince of Persia, swapping between timelines but in a way more responsive way, at time I felt like I was playing Portal 2 or something, with those pods recreating environements and the puzzles.

I just finished Killzone Shadowfall 3 days ago and going straight into this, all I could think of is "holy shit would a mix of those two games be amazing". The art style of Killzone with the gameplay of Titanfall.

In Killzone all I did was press up to see where I should go, I almost never did it in Titanfall. The level design and the clarity is night and day between the two games. And props for the lighting Respawn.

There are many things that help the immersion in this game, a lot of things you can do or explore, it feels like you're not guided like on most fps, you feel less like there's an area you can't explore. Your allies can kills the enemies without you even hitting them, the enemies focus your allies too and not onl you. Your Titan really feels like it's alive, doing his thing and guiding you.
You will be missed BT <3 but I have hope with that post credit helmet thing

I played a little bit of the MP, I suck really hard, like, hard, I die to everything and nothing dies (I know my weapon suck as a poor lvl3, but still, it feelsbadman.jpg). I've never been so excited for an FPS like this before, please let this game be successful enough for a 3!

EDIT: I ALMOST FORGOT THE MOST IMPORTANT!! Can the credit in Titanfall 2 become to norm in the industry please? I didn't even feel like skipping, you see everyone, everyone was credited for and it was like a showcase of the amazing graphics the game has for it.

Menthuss

Thanks everyone! Apologies for the ignorance, but it was mostly my observations of the weapons I am killed by most and all 3 of those weapon classes are sub-5% of my deaths it seems like.

I did try out the Mozambique and love it already, but like Antitype said above it does stink that they replace anti-Titan weapons.

I'll branch out more.

The Firestar can function as a makeshift anti-Titan weapon.

Yeah, after a hour, I'm a believer with the hemlock. Burst pause seemed long, coming from the car but it's fine now. Keeping it :p
So am I. I've gotten more kills consistently, at longer range, in the last few matches with the hemlock, than with any other matches so far

Is there a stats page? A way to see how many hours you've played?

I played a little bit of the MP, I suck really hard, like, hard, I die to everything and nothing dies (I know my weapon suck as a poor lvl3, but still, it feelsbadman.jpg). I've never been so excited for an FPS like this before, please let this game be successful enough for a 3!

EDIT: I ALMOST FORGOT THE MOST IMPORTANT!! Can the credit in Titanfall 2 become to norm in the industry please? I didn't even feel like skipping, you see everyone, everyone was credited for and it was like a showcase of the amazing graphics the game has for it.
Stick with it. You think you're bad? I've barely even played any online shooters before this. I had no skills, so I had to learn how to react fast and adjust to aggressive action of online games in general, and learn the movement and skills and titan combat of TF2, simultaneously

But damn it is so much fun. I found Pilot Versus Pilot helped me learn the basics without having to think about titans and that whole side of things.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
So am I. I've gotten more kills consistently, at longer range, in the last few matches with the hemlock, than with any other matches so far

Is there a stats page? A way to see how many hours you've played?

Yes, though I can't remember which of the main banners has it. It is, however, the last option on the right.

Donos

hemlok is cancer.

:)

Not seeing me switching to anything else soon. Had a funny situation where i got shot from a sniper from really far away but i barely survived, turned, aimed at him, that tiny pixel back there and killed him fast with the hemlock. I know what i would have said in his position, seeing the kill cam replay...

But hip fire is worthless with this thing.

Had a big facepalm situation when i finally realized that the Bounty Titans in Bounty Hunter are AI controlled. The name and the health should have given it away earlier, also that they spawned always at the same locations...

Nonetheless, had some really good rounds now. This game is seriously chipping away at MP game time from BF1 ... only thing BF1 still has is that i play that with a group of friends (which only plays that). TF2 is nice for jumping in and doing some rounds solo.

Also yeah that MGL is way better than the charge gun, actually doing good damage. Can't talk about the Archer since i haven't used that so far but i know that i rather easily dodged a couple of rockets already...

Izuna

Banned
If you guys on Xbox have been trying to join TitanGAF, apologies, I have stayed over at my brothers since day prior to C.Eve because he got the Oculus Rift.

Amazing stuff.

I'll accept you guys into it tmr.

But hip fire is worthless with this thing.

So not true. Especially if you have Amped Weapons, you can absolutely destroy people with hip-firing.

A little consumer advice, please. I like shooters with interesting mechanics, art styles, and/or settings. I bought Doom at release, played thought the SP and never touched MP and was totally satisfied with it. I assume all action/shooter games have shitty stories and don't play them for that. I'm just too old to play a fast-action shooter in comp MP.

Odds I'd think TF2 is worth it at 40 for the SP? (And there's no coop MP modes rn, right?) I played TF1 for a while when it launched and I liked it but I fell away after a while.

I really hadn't given TF2 a lot of attention but all the hype around it for the Giant Bomb GotY has me interested. Thanks in advance.

help team pls

VJBPS9H.jpg

Whoever recommended Amped Archer thank you. I've been racking up the Titan kills.

Also lost a join in progress 475-474. It was 112 to 196 when I joined.

A little consumer advice, please. I like shooters with interesting mechanics, art styles, and/or settings. I bought Doom at release, played thought the SP and never touched MP and was totally satisfied with it. I assume all action/shooter games have shitty stories and don't play them for that. I'm just too old to play a fast-action shooter in comp MP.

Odds I'd think TF2 is worth it at 40 for the SP? (And there's no coop MP modes rn, right?) I played TF1 for a while when it launched and I liked it but I fell away after a while.

I really hadn't given TF2 a lot of attention but all the hype around it for the Giant Bomb GotY has me interested. Thanks in advance.
I loved the campaign but I don't I would have bought the game for $40 just for the campaign. But as a complete package, it's well worth it

If you do get it, I'd recommend checking out the multiplayer too. I've never been into online multiplayer for the entire 20 years I've been playing games.

Titanfall 2's MP is just that good

Top Bottom