• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |G2.1| "Whatever The Fuck That Means"

That was fun Izuna. I was almost starting to forget all the problems with this game.

Right until that that last game where Respawn slapped me upside the face with their cock, lol

Izuna

Banned
Where do you FIND these nubcakes?! Best I've ever done is 3000, but I always have at least one other on my team pulling 1000.

From the same match, THIS is why Archer is the best (also, lol at the Amped Weapons cheat)

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Cobalt Izuna/video/25037285

That was fun Izuna. I was almost starting to forget all the problems with this game.

Right until that that last game where Respawn slapped me upside the face with their cock.

Ah, you dc'ed right?

Yeah, GGs!

Sorry, I got a little bit stuck on the Bounty Hunt playlist at the end there. I was trying to change my music in between rounds so I kept forgetting.

JaMarco

Been having horrible teammates, but my Attrition scores are 200+ almost every game.

wyML7H3.gif

I should be able to get 2.0 kd and maybe 85% winrate by Gen10
What aim sensitivity are you using these days?

From the same match, THIS is why Archer is the best (also, lol at the Amped Weapons cheat)

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Cobalt Izuna/video/25037285

Ah, you dc'ed right?

Yeah, GGs!

Sorry, I got a little bit stuck on the Bounty Hunt playlist at the end there. I was trying to change my music in between rounds so I kept forgetting.

Yeah. I don't know how the hell you only have a KD of 1.9. I have a KD of 1.8 and you embarrass me.

Also, for the record, you and I were literally the only two guys who had a fucking clue how to use Titans through that stretch of games. By the end I was just leaving rando teammates to die so I could find you for some tag-teaming.

No Love

Banned
I was about to say the same thing, haha.

The Pilot vs. Titan dynamic is almost non-existent in this game outside of using them to build core.

I mean, this works EVERY TIME

1vZ3IEl.gif

VTNTcKS.png

It'd never work on me because I'd Phase Shift as I jump off and you'd never see me again. And you'd get a Firestar and Mag Launcher shots as I dash off. Only works on noobs.

Also, popping smoke and crouching gets pilots rodeoing 85% of the time.

Izuna

Banned
Yeah. I don't know how the hell you only have a KD of 1.9. I have a KD of 1.8 and you embarrass me.

Also, for the record, you and I were literally the only two guys who had a fucking clue how to use Titans through that stretch of games. By the end I was just leaving rando teammates to die so I could find you for some tag-teaming.

So true, we were shooting pilots off each other's backs, and the Attrition games we were always on top. Randoms aren't all that great.

I wanna play with you with mic, lol. We never split up in the Bounty Titan rounds like we should have, it got close once or twice ;p

~~~~~~~~~~

If I'm playing Bounty Hunt, I'll concentrate on AI over Pilots, so I never really engage Pilots at their spawn when I'm in my Titan. Increasing my kd is taking a while, I think I need like 300+ more kills at like 7.0 or above to get my 2.0 (which should be possible).

Izuna

Banned
It'd never work on me because I'd Phase Shift as I jump off and you'd never see me again. And you'd get a Firestar and Mag Launcher shots as I dash off. Only works on noobs.

You say that, but unless you Phase into a building, the trail is VERY easy to see. But yeah, Phase Shift (and Cloak with Low Profile) are the only tacticals that help with Rodeo. Honestly, I just never bother. What's the point when an Archer shot gives roughly the same build%?

xmas noobs. they're making me feel good about myself the last few days.

i was gonna say the same thing... seems crazy to me.

(ill refrain from saying something bad about the game.) :p

I think it's just a testament to how bad the bulk of players on TF2 are right now.

The truth is, I'm relatively certain if we got 6 or 8 together off this thread for mixtape, Izuna would be scraping 2.5 by the end of one night. All he needs is some teammates with enough intuitive sense of the map and the mechanics to give him some room and prevent multiple spawns behind him.

No Love

Banned
You say that, but unless you Phase into a building, the trail is VERY easy to see. But yeah, Phase Shift (and Cloak with Low Profile) are the only tacticals that help with Rodeo. Honestly, I just never bother. What's the point when an Archer shot gives roughly the same build%?

Rodeo is risky but grabbing a battery and putting it on a friend's Titan gives you build % and can also keep a skilled part of your team surviving longer, which makes a huge difference if you play with a friend who is very competent in their Titan.

Izuna

Banned
I think it's just a testament to how bad the bulk of players on TF2 are right now.

The truth is, I'm relatively certain if we got 6 or 8 together off this thread for mixtape, Izuna would be scraping 2.5 by the end of one night. All he needs is some teammates with enough intuitive sense of the map and the mechanics to give him some room and prevent multiple spawns behind him.

Rough calculation (I have to floor the kills), that would take me:

1646 kills without dying once

(assuming that kills as pilot (pilots) + kills as titan (pilots) = vs players)

I'm a way worse player than you people but I have a vs pilot KD of 2.5 and 2.6 on Xbox and PS4... Maybe it's because I mainly play on Asia? My win ratio is really low tho due to all the shit maps I quit and high ping games I quit.

Izuna

Banned
Rodeo is risky but grabbing a battery and putting it on a friend's Titan gives you build % and can also keep a skilled part of your team surviving longer, which makes a huge difference if you play with a friend who is very competent in their Titan.

I massively disagree, tbh. I can only imagine how power a team of Archers would actually be. Amped Archer > pulling a Battery -- it's also so much faster (and safer) to pull off, that you're doing more to suppress the other team's Titans.

edit: as someone who may be MVP most of the time, I'd much rather people got their Titans faster than try to pull a battery for me.

I think of Attrition as a time-limited game. It's the fastest person to turn over Titans or rack up AP profit faster than the other time. Hardly any game ends with more than 3 Titan kills in one team or the other, so what matters more is doing it quicker. If you can get to Reaper spawn with full Titans, you've essentially won and can make a HUGE comeback.

Not to mention that there are far more instances where an Archer will hit where Rodeo won't work (a Ronin running away). You also have to guess if they have Smoke or not. It's just far too random and takes too long to be used for build%

I'm a way worse player than you people but I have a vs pilot KD of 2.5 and 2.6 on Xbox and PS4... Maybe it's because I mainly play on Asia? My win ratio is really low tho due to all the shit maps I quit and high ping games I quit.

I also think gametypes like Amped Hardpoint or PvP will give you more opportunity to get a higher kd.

In R1 I constantly got ~180 Attrition points (limit was 300 then) but my kd topped at 1.8.

You have to take into account that the stats view deaths as universal, it doesn't matter what killed you. Bounty Titan, Reaper, etc.

I also think gametypes like Amped Hardpoint or PvP will give you more opportunity to get a higher kd.

In R1 I constantly got ~180 Attrition points (limit was 300 then) but my kd topped at 1.8.

You have to take into account that the stats view deaths as universal, it doesn't matter what killed you. Bounty Titan, Reaper, etc.

I don't really play PvP or AH, maybe some AH when it comes up in mixtape.

Izuna

Banned
0 playing Bounty Hunt in London? I think it's officially dead for after hours now. Attrition it is...

--

Didact, I have the PC version installed again btw <3 we should play someday

No Love

Banned
I massively disagree, tbh. I can only imagine how power a team of Archers would actually be. Amped Archer > pulling a Battery -- it's also so much faster (and safer) to pull off, that you're doing more to suppress the other team's Titans.

edit: as someone who may be MVP most of the time, I'd much rather people got their Titans faster than try to pull a battery for me.

I think of Attrition as a time-limited game. It's the fastest person to turn over Titans or rack up AP profit faster than the other time. Hardly any game ends with more than 3 Titan kills in one team or the other, so what matters more is doing it quicker. If you can get to Reaper spawn with full Titans, you've essentially won and can make a HUGE comeback.

Not to mention that there are far more instances where an Archer will hit where Rodeo won't work (a Ronin running away). You also have to guess if they have Smoke or not. It's just far too random and takes too long to be used for build%

Except the Archer doesn't work well in close quarters or where Titans can obstruct the shot with cover etc. It has its limits. I think the bigger question is, why isn't rodeo more powerful/lucrative to begin with? Rodeo should be big risk with massive rewards.

Izuna

Banned
Except the Archer doesn't work well in close quarters or where Titans can obstruct the shot with cover etc. It has its limits. I think the bigger question is, why isn't rodeo more powerful/lucrative to begin with? Rodeo should be big risk with massive rewards.

It was in the original. You stayed on board and could kill the entire titan. It also added variety with the weapons (basically the only reason for the Spitfire to exist).

As for the Archer, the only times where I wish I had something else is when a Tone pulls up her Particle Wall. If you have Phase Shift, there's no problem with shooting at any position. The reward is super high.

~~

Respawn making me work hard for these wins now.

o8CeTCU.png

HelloMeow

Mine was 7.1 and around 13 for the last 10 games when I last checked, but I haven't played the game in weeks. The game just doesn't have enough maps I enjoy and I can't shake the feeling TF1 is better.

Izuna

Banned
Mine was 7.1 and around 13 for the last 10 games when I last checked, but I haven't played the game in weeks. The game just doesn't have enough maps I enjoy and I can't shake the feeling TF1 is better.

This is the kicker.

I enjoy Bounty Hunt since it's a new and fun game type, but if the main mode is Attrition, I can't help but feel that it's a weaker version. The maps and the vision moving away from minions being food is jarring.

I was in a match once where I was the first to fall after nearly 4 minutes of the match... Like, come on.

So should they buff Assault chip to where it's actually useful or should it remain a waste of a slot as it is currently?

I just watched a video where two people had a normal Tone and an enhanced Tone fight eachother.

The Enhanced Tone won but it only had a sliver of health left.

Titans seem to perform similarily regardless of whether the chip is used, the assault chip allowing them to use their abilities doesn't make a big enough difference because they suck at using them massively.

So should they buff Assault chip to where it's actually useful or should it remain a waste of a slot as it is currently?

I just watched a video where two people had a normal Tone and an enhanced Tone fight eachother.

The Enhanced Tone won but it only had a sliver of health left.

Titans seem to perform similarily regardless of whether the chip is used, the assault chip allowing them to use their abilities doesn't make a big enough difference because they suck at using them massively.

I will say that enhanced titans have the same magic bullcrap tracking that sentries have.

The matchmaking is fine they said. While on the subject, premades should be matched against premades. Of the same number, or as close to it as possible. Also, premades should be easily identifiable on the scoreboard. Overwatch (and Halo, at least the older titles) has a really simple solution, a white vertical line that extends the length of the party.

First gooser with Scorch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqfVM_6NspI

Swing and a miss!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBRLbY5efME

---------

I really hope more HUD options are on their way. Having the text pop up every time your Boost, Smoke, and Titan are ready continues to annoy. There are separate visual (blinking icon) cues for your abilities, why doesn't that apply to everything else without the large text partially obstructing your view?

The Victory/Defeat/Epilogue text are needed, but I wish they were towards the bottom and not up top. It adds to the upper clutter when you're in a Titan.

Cockpit
v
Game mode info
v
Health/Shield bars
v
LARGE TEXT

There's plenty of room under the Dash bar where I would rather see it. Same when on foot.

----------

Something I would love to see make an appearance in TF2...

Gold weapon skins - All Titan weapons and a few pilot weapons
Have them locked behind challenges, like CoD4 &#128525; The more difficult the better

My choices for pilot weapons

R201
Alternator - reminds of the mini uzi >:)
LSTAR
Double Take
Mastiff
Softball
Charge Rifle

With the exception of the R201, I feel these weapons require a bit more effort and would add to the challenges difficulty. Multi part challenges would be great with each completion unlocking bronze, chrome, and finally gold after hitting all prior requirements.

A reminder
http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Gold_Camouflage

Receive a gold ____ camo for reaching G15
Wingman would be dope. Helmets/heads would bE EVEN BETTER OMG. Rayme hire me. These ideas are free. This time. The next one will cost you.

----------

Still feel Hemlok, G2, and Devotion need a change.

Hemlock - Revert to TF1 4-shot kill and decrease accuracy at long ranges
G2 - Decrease rate of fire
Devotion - Decrease damage and accuracy at mid to long ranges. Its an LMG. C'mon.

I want to say the Pilot sentry was changed? I don't think I notice the ridiculous range and quick TTK I once did?

Anyway, I've been leaning heavily on the A-wall, Hemlok, Pilot Sentry, and Tone in hopes people will 1) complain 2) switch to the same loadout (its happened) and pass on the gift :p That's how strongly I feel about it. If nothing changes in the next update, then oh well. I'll go back to whatever I was using, but that's the setup for the time being.

Speaking of Tone, I've gotten really comfortable with her. Overcore and Rocket Barrage. Good lord that Salvo comes online quick. You have to be conservative and know your surroundings due to one less dash and weaker wall, but man... Whew

----------

Finally, last week I played and completed the single player.

Bravo, Respawn. I put it aside in fear of the campaign being just another run of the mill offering. I was wrong. So wrong. The level design, the platforming, the player choice, the pace, the boss battles... With just enough story to keep you engaged. Beautiful. Truly.

Went through on Hard or whatevers before Master, but I plan on tackling that soon.

This post went on longer than expected and I'm sure I've forgotten some things that came up during my vacation. I guess that happens after not being able to post for 2-weeks &#128523;

Izuna

Banned
wb

2fNdOxA.png

Hmm, I might end up getting to 85% before G10 then.

edit: I just got matched into the first available Bounty Hunt match of today for London. 6:35 am

Is there no way to report players from the in-game scoreboard? Ran into a dude using an aim-bot. I had to quit because I got into a match with him twice in a row and so I lost merit because some dude decided it would be fun to just run across the map shooting and ruining the game for everybody else...and I couldn't even report him. I don't even know how that's any fun, especially in a game like this.

Is there no way to report players from the in-game scoreboard? Ran into a dude using an aim-bot. I had to quit because I got into a match with him twice in a row and so I lost merit because some dude decided it would be fun to just run across the map shooting and ruining the game for everybody else...and I couldn't even report him. I don't even know how that's any fun, especially in a game like this.

https://www.reddit.com/r/titanfall/comments/5aehqm/any_way_to_report_cheaters_in_titanfall_2/
yeah go to scoreboard, press Home, select player (with pageup/pagedown). THen press X (cant remember what button) to go their profile, pops up the origin overlay where you can report them

You can also report them by email
info@respawn.com

Or PM a dev that frequents this thread

Man these Xmas newbies are making me feel like a decent player. I've never had this many games in a row where I finished with more kills than deaths in PvP. I should start grinding the rest of the week. I might be able to get my K/D to 1(against only players). Been stuck at .9 for so long lol.

deoee

Nortstar is really shit tier against better Titan pilots :(

Also all this Archer ejaculating ist disgusting.
Like I said yesterday, it's way too slow to lock on against better Pilots because they just quickly dash away, raise the shield and in Ions case just Vortex every rocket you shoot at them.

Only practical engagement I see is while the Titan is distracted by other Titans or other people.

gaugebozo

I got this game for Christmas, and all I can say is wow! Single player and mutliplayer are both so fun!

I played a decent amount of the first one but TF2 is different enough that I don't feel I know what I'm doing. Is there a good resource for things like pilot/titan customization and tactics?

Amped Weapons is basically a must-have if you plan on racking up the kills. I can't count how many times I should have died but had just enough time to fire my amped Alternator for the kill. They drop pretty fast.

My preferred loadout right now is

Alternator with tactikill and quick sights (or whatever they are called)
Wingman Elite for the range (also with tactikill and ricochet)
Phase Shift for the MLG outplay of the game
Firestar for getting damage on titans to get my boosts

Sometimes I'll swap the Alternator for the Flatline, I like the high damage weapons. When the titans come out to play I'll swap to my class with ant-titan weapons instead of the wingman. Amped weapons + anti-titan weapon is a killer. My preferred titan is tone right now because I can kill pilots and titans pretty easily with the cannon. I'm racking up like 20+ kills per attrition match, maxing in the 30s. This game rocks.

Easy headshots. I've been playing a lot of Rainbow Six so my aim is a lot better. I just snap to their head, dumpster them, and move on. I think having that quicker transition to ADS has given me the boost over people, a couple bullets of more accurate fire is all it takes and I'd rather not leave my shots to chance. I also use hover but I don't know if it helps, I just think it's cool.

Vipu

Banned
Easy headshots. I've been playing a lot of Rainbow Six so my aim is a lot better. I just snap to their head, dumpster them, and move on. I think having that quicker transition to ADS has given me the boost over people, a couple bullets of more accurate fire is all it takes and I'd rather not leave my shots to chance. I also use hover but I don't know if it helps, I just think it's cool.

On console I guess?
Because on pc ADSing smgs is useless.

Top Bottom