• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |G2.1| "Whatever The Fuck That Means"

Izuna

Banned
I personally hit the Core when the Ronin Phase Shifts. I can dash back, they have to "block" and I always get another smoke.

I miss R1 Titan combat so much.

Vipu

Banned
Do you guys think the chances for TF|3 have substantially increased in the least few weeks? This is a special franchise of which we need, and Respawn deserves, much more.

Why does everyone want TF3 already, I would want to play TF2 for years and get updates etc rather than new game once per year.

No Love

Banned
The amount of fucktards camping with Devotion is getting fucking crazy. There is no good reason for Devotion to be able to snipe you nonstop across the map. The gun was never meant for long range engagements.

Zemm

Playing some Overwatch tonight and my God I forgot how much I hate forced 50-50 matchmaking. Please never go that route Respawn.

Izuna

Banned
Playing some Overwatch tonight and my God I forgot how much I hate forced 50-50 matchmaking. Please never go that route Respawn.

ditto

--

Northstar's core should have the same tracking Tone's has... no bullet magnetism my ass

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
nyeh heh heh heh

5XFX6zm.gif

dvyei5z.gif

sonar knife 4 life

The amount of fucktards camping with Devotion is getting fucking crazy. There is no good reason for Devotion to be able to snipe you nonstop across the map. The gun was never meant for long range engagements.

Is this really necessary?

I understand getting heated after a crappy session, but the best way to get your point across would be to jot down your feedback in Word, Note Pad or whatever and return to it with a cooler head. Read it, and ask yourself how you can better present your thoughts.

During my vacation I read some truly disgusting posts here and was surprised no action had been taken against those members, even when a mod had visited the thread.

Step away and collect yourself.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20744524460
Jeff Kaplan said:
There is no assistance to win or lose. This is misinformation.

We match based on skill, ping and group size.

The only thing we do is detect when one team has been repeatedly losing and is outmatched and then we disband those matches.

ByWatterson

Why does everyone want TF3 already, I would want to play TF2 for years and get updates etc rather than new game once per year.

I want a couple years of support, too, but if there's to be a third chapter in a relatively timely fashion, the decision would have to be made fairly soon.

And, I just want more of the world. It's fantastic.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'm trying to use the Alternator after using Volt for the last two Gens and I don't get why people like the weapon. At mid range you can't win against anything.

Also trying out the Archer and it feels like the rockets are so easy to dodge that the slow lock on time kills its utility compared to the other anti-titan weapons.

I'm trying to use the Alternator after using Volt for the last two Gens and I don't get why people like the weapon. At mid range you can't win against anything.

Damage

Also depends on the play style. Its better suited for those who are constantly on the move with most of their engagements being close range

SBMM would make it impossible for me to play Bounty Hunt, since it would take forever trying to find people on my skill when there's less than 60 in the playlist at the times I play.

Jeff Kaplan said:
There is no assistance to win or lose. This is misinformation.

We match based on skill, ping and group size.

The only thing we do is detect when one team has been repeatedly losing and is outmatched and then we disband those matches.

If it's based on skill, then you might as well say it's on a 50:50 w/l matchmaking.

So I'm late to the party on this one (I've been playing multi consistently since release, but I got pulled away from the campaign by the onslaught of stuff coming out), but I just reached That Moment in this - miraculously unspoiled, somehow - and yeah this is just as fucking awesome as people said it would be, lol.

I like how they give you the audio log of the guy saying
"wtf this dude came and killed everyone in seconds" and then as soon as you start jumping they immediately show the scientists experimenting on animals
, just to hammer home the "alright it's time to fuuuuuck shit up" feeling lol.

Izuna

Banned
So... this happened...

RIQwgVn.png

eF4x7W9.png

We spawned into a game with no opponents. They started to join only after the minion spawn was almost done.

Utterly hate reapers at this point. They constantly block my path in critical situations.

They need to remove player collision. I dont mind them being in the game as they feed your titan meter or core abilities and are worth as much as a pilots in Attrition.

So... this happened...

We spawned into a game with no opponents. They started to join only after the minion spawn was almost done.

Yeah, I've had that happen twice in the past week or so.

Nameless

Can't recall the last time I played an FPS campaign so inventive and expertly crafted. Finished on Hard and immediately restarted on Master. All the flowery praise GAF heaped on this game was spot on. Traversal is addictive, intoxicating, and deep enough that the pursuit of mastery is rewarding in and of itself. I love exploring all the new strategies and opportunities for improvisation that open up as I get better. Add to that what's probably the best pure gunplay you're going to find in a console FPS(yes I played Doom) and multiplayer that hones in on what makes the core mechanics so special, yeah...

YJxFb7z.gif

Izuna

Banned
So sick of fighting teams with 5 Tones in it.

I mean, I'm a Tone myself, but that's specifically why.

If it ain't a Tone, it's an Ion (which look almost the same).

--

41k ar US peak time is quite amazing though. I wish Bounty Hunt was still first selection, but oh well.

The tone surplus did at least give me a fun moment earlier as I dropped in my Scorch, walked around a corner and saw three enemy tones, I quickly fled around a circular building thinking I was screwed only for them to not be the brightest of chaps, they closed in on me in separate directions, I get the pincer attack idea in most situations but not this tone heavy one.

Thus less than a minute later I'd gotten two executions off and finished the third with flame core.

Mikey Jr.

So I picked this up on PS4.

My God.

If I ever said anything bad about TF2, I'm sorry. This game is probably my second favourite game of 2016, and top 5 on PS4.

I fucking adore it.

The SP was fucking fantastic. Especially that time mission. Fuck me, that shit was clever.

And I am absolutely hooked on the MP. It is so unbelievably fun. Bravo Respawn. Completely took me by surprise.

Too bad the gaf network sucks on ps4. Theres only like 5 people on at a time. Had to join giantbomb.

Is it better on XB1? What are the player counts on PS4 vs XB1? I know on the PC they suck, but whose surprised there?

Izuna

Banned
More people on Xbox (excluding EU apparently). I haven't played them both myself, but I imagine it's pretty much the same experience.

If you have a Pro, it'll perform better on Angel City and when you increase the FoV.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Ugh, I guess with the new player base there are alot of games where people just quit.

I hate that they put you in matches in progress where it's impossible to win. They should just let a team vote to GG to save everyone's time.

Arrrammis

So I picked this up on PS4.

My God.

If I ever said anything bad about TF2, I'm sorry. This game is probably my second favourite game of 2016, and top 5 on PS4.

I fucking adore it.

The SP was fucking fantastic. Especially that time mission. Fuck me, that shit was clever.

And I am absolutely hooked on the MP. It is so unbelievably fun. Bravo Respawn. Completely took me by surprise.

Too bad the gaf network sucks on ps4. Theres only like 5 people on at a time. Had to join giantbomb.

Is it better on XB1? What are the player counts on PS4 vs XB1? I know on the PC they suck, but whose surprised there?

I'm on PS4 as well, feel free to add me if you want to group up (PSN is same as Gaf name). At the moment there are ~10 people on the Neogaf network, so I kinda agree on that, but I don't much functionality from the network stuff. I don't see many people in the network posting in the thread, and I usually end up playing with people from my friends list instead.

They need to remove player collision. I dont mind them being in the game as they feed your titan meter or core abilities and are worth as much as a pilots in Attrition.

Losing those points after your friendly reaper gets the finishing shot is also frustrating.

Honestly, I'm just not having any fun with this game now that the honeymoon period ended. Nothing but ridiculously one-sided matches nowadays. Some of the questionable design decisions this game has also adds to the frustration.

Arrrammis

uhhh....

You can phase shift into people outside the execution?

Don't know if out of the loop, but that's pretty cool.

Yep, you can do that with the pilot phase shift. For Ronin, if you phase shift into another titan or reaper, you die instead of the enemy.

Id had less problem with Reapers if

A) They had no collision with Titans. Few things are as infuriating as losing a great back and forth with another Titan because you unknowingly strafed or backed up into a Reaper.

B) They were fun to fight.

Like at all.

They're just boring fucking bullet sponges with one ranged attack and one cqc attack. They dont seek cover or stumble when you hit them, they dont try to flank, they just run headlong at enemy players until somebody mercifully puts an end to their pointless existence.

Hell, you cant even hack them to serve as your personal bodyguards or cannon fodder.

Right now, all they do is actively dissuade me from taking whichever route they appear in the middle of. They're a boring, irritating element of the sandbox, and if Respawn needs a highlevel enemy to award points for in the late game, how about they stretch those AI muscles and create an enemy class that wall runs or cloaks or stims or anything else. Create something close to the FUN of PvP combat instead of bullet-sponge garbage.

Izuna

Banned
GameSager is getting more and more pretentious despite his viewcount hitting a wall.

he's counting the epilogue kills because why tf not

No Love

Banned
Id had less problem with Reapers if

A) They had no collision with Titans. Few things are as infuriating as losing a great back and forth with another Titan because you unknowingly strafed or backed up into a Reaper.

B) They were fun to fight.

Like at all.

They're just boring fucking bullet sponges with one ranged attack and one cqc attack. They dont seek cover or stumble when you hit them, they dont try to flank, they just run headlong at enemy players until somebody mercifully puts an end to their pointless existence.

Hell, you cant even hack them to serve as your personal bodyguards or cannon fodder.

Right now, all they do is actively dissuade me from taking whichever route they appear in the middle of. They're a boring, irritating element of the sandbox, and if Respawn needs a highlevel enemy to award points for in the late game, how about they stretch those AI muscles and create an enemy class that wall runs or cloaks or stims or anything else. Create something close to the FUN of PvP combat instead of bullet-sponge garbage.

Agreed. Reapers are garbage. They need to get rid of those annoying fucks and just up the amount of the other AI. Reapers just aren't fun at all.

Btw gonna rejoin the GAF network on PS4. I'll play with you guys

Top Bottom