• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |G2.1| "Whatever The Fuck That Means"

Disker

Yeh totally agree that every titan is great in the hands of someone who knows how to play the game properly, that's why I find it crazy that people on here (who I assume know how to play the game properly) would gravitate to what I find a boring playstyle in Tone.

To each there own, I love the 40mm cannon and popping guys mid-air etc.

I find legion boring :p

SwolBro

Banned
As much as I'm feeling somewhat unstoppable at times with Ronin, there is no way he is better vs. Tone than... Another Tone.
This depends on the mode really. In CTF Ronin's rule. In something like attrition with reapers and shit, ronins can have a harder time because they'll get their health dinged and be close to doomed in a busy environment. An aggressive Ronin that knows what he's doing will rip part a really good Tone player 1v1. The only way he's winning that fight is if his core is already primed, or else the best the Tone player could do is trade off.

Start with the CAR and firestar using stim and the run and gun add-on. Don't ADS with SMGs ever..
This ain't true on console. You definitely have to ADS a lot with the Volt and CAR. Only the Altenrator can be a completely hipfire weapon on console.

I have no clue why people even watch his TF2 vids. I mean, he only plays Pilots vs. Pilots, which means he doesn't play what the game's centered around, which are the Titans. If he can do that shit with Titans AND not having his team stacked with his friends/mates that are also good, well, I'd be impressed. As it stands now? Nah. I don't even watch any of his vids since they're good for I dunno, showing how good you can be with a good squad and having no Titans? xD
Yeah, he's ridiculous boasting all the time while going in with a squad of all decent people. I ended up on his team once 2 weeks ago in a pub pilot v pilot. He was in there with 3 people from Titanfall 1 that were all really good players plus some other ones i presume from his "sage" network. It was stupid. The other team didn't know what to do but continuously die. The game turned into you trying to find someone to shoot before someone else killed them.

I'm not sure why he didn't play in the last Xbox one CTF tournament considering one of his teammates from the PS4 tournament did play. Or maybe he did but it was a troll account so he wouldn't expose himself?

Arrrammis

This ain't true on console. You definitely have to ADS a lot with the Volt and CAR. Only the Altenrator can be a completely hipfire weapon on console.

PS4 here, I use Volt a lot and almost never ADS. Also, the Mozambique is fantastic when hip firing as well!

Izuna

Banned
Engage at long distance with hard cover between you and Tone, use peak shots. Tone is done. If they try to gain ground, you can punish them since they will leave their shield behind. Easy peasy.

This sounds fake to me, lol. Northstar is the only Titan in Attrition where I feel like even a terrible Tone can destroy me (like Ion vs. Legion).

When are you online?! I set up the PC version to play with you ;(

ghostwich

I love happy hour.

wpeBtSCh.png

Izuna

Banned
Ok, I want to play sometime with you in EU then.
Bit busy now for few days maybe but maybe I have some time to play at some point.

add me on Origin ;)

Izunin

--

edit: dear Respawn, please stop it with these JIP counting as losses when people are like $1500 ahead with 4+ Titans... Not that we lost, but that was extremely silly.

Vipu

Banned
add me on Origin ;)

Izunin

--

edit: dear Respawn, please stop it with these JIP counting as losses when people are like $1500 ahead with 4+ Titans... Not that we lost, but that was extremely silly.

I will when I get home, do you play with controller or kb/m on pc?

Just finished the campaign. For all the talk the
Press L1 to Time Travel
moment got, I thought the
smart pistol rampage
was even better. So many awesome moments in the game. I do think they missed a pretty obvious opportunity to make
"Prepare for titanfall!" as you get BT back
into a huge triumphant moment, though. I expected something along those lines to be a much bigger event.

I really hope the sales have been better with all the positive word of mouth the game has been getting, I just need to see what they'd do with a sequel.

I dunno man. Seeing BT back with a giant chaingun brought a huge smile to my face.

Be online in a bit.

vwnut13

Just got this game for PS4.

What is with the glitchy ass movements? Whenever I try to sprint my pilot just stays the same speed and twitches his gun up and down.

Had this happen in the alpha, and assumed that it was a bug they needed to fix. I guess I'm doing something wrong...

Izuna

Banned
Hey Izuna, shoot me an invite if you wanna play bounty hunt

I'm waiting for my eneloops to charge XD ~~ they've been in use since Boxing Day

I should probably order more batteries, having one set ain't enough.

Just got this game for PS4.

What is with the glitchy ass movements? Whenever I try to sprint my pilot just stays the same speed and twitches his gun up and down.

Had this happen in the alpha, and assumed that it was a bug they needed to fix. I guess I'm doing something wrong...

That's lag, actually

-- also, play the bloody campaign!

I'm waiting for my eneloops to charge XD ~~ they've been in use since Boxing Day

I should probably order more batteries, having one set ain't enough.

That's lag, actually

All good. Ill be around. Shoot me a message whenever

vwnut13

That's lag, actually

I did play the campaign.

I have 65 Mbps internet, and the latency showed 31ms. I have no issues whatsoever with other multiplayer games, such as Battlefield 1.

This makes the game absolutely unplayable.

Izuna

Banned
I did play the campaign.

I have 65 Mbps internet, and the latency showed 31ms. I have no issues whatsoever with other multiplayer games, such as Battlefield 1.

Hmm, is that in game, or when you select the datacentre? It's been part of this game's netcode since the original. You get very jerky movements.

Only thing I can suggest is using wired internet if you're not already, or checking pintest.net for jitter (use IE or Edge).

Vipu

Banned
I did play the campaign.

Is there any other problem when you are in game than what you said about trying to run?

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Is there any point benefit to stealing a Titan's battery? or installing one in yours or a teammates? If not, I may stop attempting it. I either get smashed while I am rodeoing or trying to get away. I may have success around 30% of the time. The risk/reward is not great there.

Vipu

Banned
Is there any point benefit to stealing a Titan's battery? or installing one in yours or a teammates? If not, I may stop attempting it. I either get smashed while I am rodeoing or trying to get away. I may have success around 30% of the time. The risk/reward is not great there.

You remove some life from enemy titan when you remove battery.
You give friendly titan shield with battery and you get a lot of % in your titan meter, dont remember exact number.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!

Stealing a battery and / or giving it to a friendly titan provide a significant boost to your titan meter. Low Profile kit helps a lot

Izuna

Banned

Pulling Battery:
- Gives you ~30% towards Titan Build%
- Deals small damage to enemy Titan (more than throwing a grenade)
- Gives you a battery

Giving Battery:
- Gives you ~30% towards Titan Build%
- Gives teammate 20% to their Core%
- Gives them health and armour

Embarking with Battery:
- Gives you 20% to your Core%
- Gives you health and armour

---

imo, you should always be putting it in a teammate's Titan if you don't already have your own.

SwolBro

Banned
That's not true at all.

PS4 here, I use Volt a lot and almost never ADS. Also, the Mozambique is fantastic when hip firing as well!

well, yeah mozambique, the shotguns... i was talking about the SMGS. The CAR is good without ADS but you still gotta ADS at range.

I find that you have to ADS more with the volt now then you did before, especially if you adjust your FOV up from 70.

I'm sick and tired of the overpowered weapons in this game. They're all insanely overpowered but fucking hell there is almost nothing you can do to get out of death in this game. The hitboxes for some of these weapons are HUGE. I Mean fucking HUGE. I've been watching my death cam more lately...... watching some of these kids hit me and kill me while i spider-man across maps as they're reticule is practically going wild is so damn stupid.

I would love to know whose decision, or if it was a collective decision, to bring the gunplay closer in-line with shit Call of Duty and why they thought this was needed.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
I know the tactical benefits, but points would at least help a bit. As I can rarely get away to safety to reinstall.

I absolutely love this game and it is soooo much fun but I am complete shit at it.

Chris R

Are there any game breaking bugs I'd run into if I played this without any patches? Thinking about grabbing it from Redbox over the weekend but I have basically no internet right now so patches are out of the question until Jan 1.

sorry for the double post between this and OT1

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Its okay. The more you play the better you get.

Actually, that's not been the case with me AT ALL. I am consistently in the bottom two for 90% of the matches I play now. Before the Christmas noob incursion, I was mostly in the top 3. I had a pilot k/d (not that I really care, this is just for reference) at around 2.5, now it's .9.

I try to run around, wall-ride, slide, but I mostly get killed by campers and I am shit at aiming when I have momentum.

Quick, painful, anecdote as this happened to me today. Played on Eden. Sniper on the train side of the map. He killed me, spend some time getting back to him, shot, missed, he killed me. Pissed off, I tried again. Went back, shot, missed, he killed me. One more time the same thing. Next time (I am absolutely fuming at this point), he presented a full target, I shot, missed, shot, missed again, then he finally killed me. I am not THAT bad, but him waiting for me to shot twice was a real kick in the nuts.

Actually, that's not been the case with me AT ALL. I am consistently in the bottom two for 90% of the matches I play now. Before the Christmas noob incursion, I was mostly in the top 3. I had a pilot k/d (not that I really care, this is just for reference) at around 2.5, now it's .9.

I try to run around, wall-ride, slide, but I mostly get killed by campers and I am shit at aiming when I have momentum.

Quick, painful, anecdote as this happened to me today. Played on Eden. Sniper on the train side of the map. He killed me, spend some time getting back to him, shot, missed, he killed me. Pissed off, I tried again. Went back, shot, missed, he killed me. One more time the same thing. Next time (I am absolutely fuming at this point), he presented a full target, I shot, missed, shot, missed again, then he finally killed me. I am not THAT bad, but him waiting for me to shot twice was a real kick in the nuts.

What guns are you using? If you are not good at moving and shooting, you need to learn one, than the other. If you want to learn movement first, use shotties.

I'm online now.

Izuna

Banned
Are there any game breaking bugs I'd run into if I played this without any patches? Thinking about grabbing it from Redbox over the weekend but I have basically no internet right now so patches are out of the question until Jan 1.

sorry for the double post between this and OT1

The patches are very small. I don't know what the day one patch did (it was like 88mb), but the game was great with it.

Perhaps a dev could chime in.

Arrrammis

So... apparently the old OT never got locked, and people keep accidentally posting there. Can we get a mod or someone to close that thread?
And move us back to Gaming side?

Few things infuriate me more than investigating thr profiles of these apocalyptically bad players and finding zero achievements for the single player campain.

Respawn! Lock players who havent finished the SP out of MP!

Vipu

Banned
Few things infuriate me more than investigating thr profiles of these apocalyptically bad players and finding zero achievements for the single player campain.

No! I have not finished and im not gonna spend 5h to play MP.

Farside

Unconfirmed Member
Or just let people join MP when they want, why do you care so much.
There is bads in enemies and your team to balance everything, just think they are some extra grunts or something.

Impossible. GAF is gaming elite. All other players are stupid. And shitty. And gaming plebs.

I wonder about people who are so worried about how other people have fun.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Just finished the campaign. For all the talk the
Press L1 to Time Travel
moment got, I thought the
smart pistol rampage
was even better. So many awesome moments in the game. I do think they missed a pretty obvious opportunity to make
"Prepare for titanfall!" as you get BT back
into a huge triumphant moment, though. I expected something along those lines to be a much bigger event.

I really hope the sales have been better with all the positive word of mouth the game has been getting, I just need to see what they'd do with a sequel.

I feel you there. I still think the
time travel
was the most unique thing, but the
smart pistol
was pure badass.

I don't know about anybody else, but I feel like the scene worked perfectly on me. I was like
fuck, a damn pistol? Time to go stealth mode. And then I shot a few guys and realized what was going on. And then I was like oh hell yeah and kicked ass all the way home. Really felt climactic and like an empowering, badass escape. And the shift from thinking I had to grind my way out with a pistol to realizing I could go ham on everybody - and that BT had hooked me tf up instead of giving me a lame pistol - was really neat

Allforce

Anyone play on PS4 that often? Gamertag is AllforcePSN. I'm on the #NeoGAF network on PSN

I'm not hung up on wins/losses but it'd be fun to clown a bit with other like-minded people in a game. Getting kind of stale just playing with randoms all the time with zero interaction.

Renewed

I feel you there. I still think the
time travel
was the most unique thing, but the
smart pistol
was pure badass.

I don't know about anybody else, but I feel like the scene worked perfectly on me. I was like
fuck, a damn pistol? Time to go stealth mode. And then I shot a few guys and realized what was going on. And then I was like oh hell yeah and kicked ass all the way home. Really felt climactic and like an empowering, badass escape. And the shift from thinking I had to grind my way out with a pistol to realizing I could go ham on everybody - and that BT had hooked me tf up instead of giving me a lame pistol - was really neat

iirc the SERE kit was loaded up by Lastimosa at the beginning of the game, but yeah fun times

SwolBro

Banned

that was masterclass by bungie (I rarely give bungie credit these days) to lock players out of MP until doing the campaign .

I had a few CTF matches today where I thought WTF is going on and then I look at the scoreboard and I see 1 kill for 2 or 3 of my teammates half way through the round.

It was like this for titanfall 1 as well though. They haven't improved matchmaking at all. They should probably get rid of whoever statistics/algorithm phd guy they have in charge of it

Izuna

Banned
BzfG7yN.jpg

It was an honour to play with you Didact!

It's a very different game on PC. I mean, you don't get killed by stationary Hemloks, but you get killed by Krabers and EVAs instead. Titan Combat was very similar, though.

I should invest in a Mouse and Keyboard.

---

edit: I wish Xbox ran as good as that did. I'll wait for Scorpio I suppose

Izuna

Banned
Gunna suicide at the start of matches so I get Mozambique with Archer.

I dunno why, but Archer is super consistent on PC.

Top Bottom