• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |G2.1| "Whatever The Fuck That Means"

Greddleok

I'm playing on PS4 and sometimes the rooftop camping is annoying as shit. I can't imagine playing a game this fast-paced by crouching in some bushes or on top of some weird geometry.

Yup, they're the scourge of consoles. Wish there was something you can do about them...but outplaying them seems to be the only viable option. They kill you, you know where they are, so you go an kill them.

Tb0ne07

Played for the first time post-update last night, ironically I had just started using the Flatline for the first time several days before. Didn't notice much difference, maybe a slight buff at closer range? Was hard to tell and it wasn't like my score was greatly different. I'm at Gen4 on PS4 - but I'm only an above average player.

I'm playing on PS4 and sometimes the rooftop camping is annoying as shit. I can't imagine playing a game this fast-paced by crouching in some bushes or on top of some weird geometry.

That ends up being to your advantage on Angel City though. Everyone likes to sit up on the rooftops and pick people off down below, but if you go around the back of the buildings you can sneak up on people since they aren't paying attention. I had 4 double kills at the start of a match last night by doing exactly that.

It happens. Had a ctf match on eden the other night against a pretty legit group and one of their guys was perched up above the flag on the side with the railway thingy. Had the wall and g2 up there, was absolutely wrecking everyone... It was frustrating.

edit: and while frustrating, i do realize in this case the dude was playing good defense as well... so whatever

Donos

That ends up being to your advantage on Angel City though. Everyone likes to sit up on the rooftops and pick people off down below, but if you go around the back of the buildings you can sneak up on people since they aren't paying attention. I had 4 double kills at the start of a match last night by doing exactly that.
Yep, i go up there pick people up who are there and take a short look down but keep on moving/decending right after because the spots on the roof are exposed. Guys who kill me from the roof and actually stay there are stupid and often die right after because i aim from somewhere else to their spot after spawning.
Still love Angel City.

Latest camping exploits that stuck out to me on PS4 was a slew of devotion users trying to lurk on the map boundaries of Eden and another batch of devotion and turret trios camping out in the crash site tunnel.

Neither works in the long run, especially when titans come into play, it's just so boring though, it's like why are these guys even playing a game with the pace of titanfall if that's their consistent approach even when it basically never works.

Greddleok

I say they ruin the fun, but sneaking up behind 3 assholes behind an A(sshole)-wall, throwing in a fire star and mowing them all down amid the flames is FUN AS FUCK.

Arrrammis

I played my first few matches of MP and had some gnarly networking sputtering. Is that typical on PS4?
I think it's more a problem with the data centers when it happens to me. I live in Kansas, the data center with the lowest ping is in Iowa, so the game automatically puts me there. However, it takes several minutes to find a game and it stutters a lot, but when I switch to the Dallas data center, which adds about 2 ms ping, I find a game instantly and have almost no stuttering. I guess try out some other data centers, it might help.

I personally feel that PvP just has no middle ground. You either stomp or get stomped, especially due to the positive feedback loop. I mean, Attrition is no different, but at least if you're decent you'll probably just lose Titans but not die as a Pilot much.

True, I still have truly horrible games a lot in PvP no matter how much experience I have. Just last night I had games of going 8-14 and 7-15. Without Titans camping is so much more prevalent and effective in PvP compared to Attrition.. It really is annoying and either you're good enough to counter it, die a lot trying to be aggressive, or play the same exact way.

It's not all camping. The players that play PvP are much better overall. But camping is definitely stronger as well.

bigJP

True, I still have truly horrible games a lot in PvP no matter how much experience I have. Just last night I had games of going 8-14 and 7-15. Without Titans camping is so much more prevalent and effective in PvP compared to Attrition.. It really is annoying and either you're good enough to counter it, die a lot trying to be aggressive, or play the same exact way.

It's not all camping. The players that play PvP are much better overall. But camping is definitely stronger as well.

to deal with campers i usually use phase shift, camo, stim, or grapple. then learn the ins and outs of the maps. how to wall run effectively and move around maps in discreet ways. as long as you keep moving, you can get behind campers more often then not.

Izuna

Banned
I don't think PvP players are better overall, just that without Titans certain strats work.

There are people who are super good in Pilot combat that play Attrition, but it isn't all you need. I can think of a couple of people I've played with that have this.

These "better" PvP players then, aren't good enough in their Titans to stomp as much as they would, or something.

At least, on PC, the people with Gdlk aim and movement exist on Attrition. It just doesn't do much besides give them first to fall.

I think if you averaged it out it'd just be similar.

to deal with campers i usually use phase shift, camo, stim, or grapple. then learn the ins and outs of the maps. how to wall run effectively and move around maps in discreet ways. as long as you keep moving, you can get behind campers more often then not.

My map knowledge and mobility are pretty adequate I'd say. I'm more referring to teams that have groups of player that team up to lock down every path and not the single man camper. In certain maps their is no way to sneak up on them.

I'm considering learning the G2 to deal with these guys. It's too hard to challenge with SMG's from long ranges.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
My map knowledge and mobility are pretty adequate I'd say. I'm more referring to teams that have groups of player that team up to lock down every path and not the single man camper. In certain maps their is no way to sneak up on them.

I'm considering learning the G2 to deal with these guys. It's too hard to challenge with SMG's from long ranges.
Yeah, coordinated A-wallers on some maps can basically lock things down. It's both annoying and hilarious.

I kind of wish there was a 24/7 Drydock mode, since that's basically the only map that I like playing SMGs on nowadays. Or god forbid Complex. lol

Yeah, this is the problem i ran into on Eden. My smg couldn't reach the dude camping and he had the open areas locked down. The paths i tried to take leading to him were covered by his teammates pretty well... It was just a well coordinated team that knew what they were doing. While frustrating, I was definitely jealous of their teamwork, ha.

Izuna

Banned
Dry dock is why I used Phase Shift. Dunno why you guys like that map. It also has one of the worst spawns in the game.

~~

SwolBro

Banned
I played my first few matches of MP and had some gnarly networking sputtering. Is that typical on PS4?

This will be the new normal. As the population wines down the regions will start to converge. You can get placed in a far server even though you think you're searching your nearest one.

This happened to Titanfall 1, and it's going to happen to this, probably even faster though since it looks like the population bleed is happening much quicker than the first game.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Dry dock is why I used Phase Shift. Dunno why you guys like that map. It also has one of the worst spawns in the game.

~~
For me, it's one of the few maps where I can use an SMG and not feel at a complete disadvantage to someone camping. lol
That said, there are still teams that like to camp that roof on the end of the docks with the crane, but at least that's easily dealt with.

bigJP

oh you meant teams of campers. fuck em
nothing worse than a-wall campers with turrets, devotions and hemlocks.

i was paying attention to the kill log and most of my deaths have come from either g2, hemlocks, or devotion.

Yeah, coordinated A-wallers on some maps can basically lock things down. It's both annoying and hilarious.

The one I still can't stop thinking about is a game I had in Crash Site where the team purposely holed themselves up in the corner area where the tunnel leads to. Half the guys had A-Wall, and they always had at least 2 Sentries to mow down anybody who didn't get taken down by a pilot.

They spent nearly the entire game doing that and my team was too stubborn and kept feeding them. I got off to a good start then started dying a little too much. Then I just stopped doing anything because their was nothing to do except camp them or walk into bullets. And they weren't coming out so their was nothing to shoot.

Bug report, playing Xbox one and have started getting an issue when I try and edit Ion after unlocking a camo. It gives some kind of logic error and dumps me back to the main title screen.

I'm in a party with friends and a few of us are having the issue.
0bGaNYS.png

I'm new to the game, and to these kind of ultra speed FPS in general, but I'm now addicted! After 2 weeks of online Titanfall 2, I tried to do a couple of game of Overwatch today for the new brawl. Titanfall ruined it for me. even tough it was my 2016 GOTY.

What's the point of Pilot Regen? Do you get anything worthy from that, beside camos?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The one I still can't stop thinking about is a game I had in Crash Site where the team purposely holed themselves up in the corner area where the tunnel leads to. Half the guys had A-Wall, and they always had at least 2 Sentries to mow down anybody who didn't get taken down by a pilot.

They spent nearly the entire game doing that and my team was too stubborn and kept feeding them. I got off to a good start then started dying a little too much. Then I just stopped doing anything because their was nothing to do except camp them or walk into bullets. And they weren't coming out so their was nothing to shoot.
That's exactly what happened to me and there's nothing you can do if they are properly covering the flanks. And since this was PvP that I was playing, there wasn't really anything to break the campers.

I'm new to the game, and to these kind of ultra speed FPS in general, but I'm now addicted! After 2 weeks of online Titanfall 2, I tried to do a couple of game of Overwatch today for the new brawl. Titanfall ruined it for me. even tough it was my 2016 GOTY.

What's the point of Pilot Regen? Do you get anything worthy from that, beside camos?

Worthless, ignore it like I do! Ha

Bug report, playing Xbox one and have started getting an issue when I try and edit Ion after unlocking a camo. It gives some kind of logic error and dumps me back to the main title screen.

I'm in a party with friends and a few of us are having the issue.
0bGaNYS.png

Known issue; we're trying to prep a fix for it. Sorry about the inconvenience!

Edit: for the time being, just avoid editing the loadout of that Titan. You should still be able to play normally otherwise.

I hate my ISP, my ping won't even spike above 30ms, and yet that's enough for me to stutter / freeze for long periods of time.

Meanwhile, the Devotion with Gunrunner is ridiculous, put on some Tactikill + Power Cell and run around the map at high speeds.

Arrrammis

Just camos, patches, and a sense of continued progress I guess.

SwolBro

Banned
Stoic black everything. That's the ultimate reason.

I hate my ISP, my ping won't even spike above 30ms, and yet that's enough for me to stutter / freeze for long periods of time.
As in your gun sputters when shooting? Reset your network by unplugging everything and plugging it back in then reboot your xbox while the network is rebooting.

Played my first ever Titanfall 2 MP tonight!! It was...Super duper fast good lord. But fun.

Population seemed SUPER low on PS4. I get it, past 11pm PST on a Tuesday, but yikes. Attrition was the one game mode with over 150 people playing. Is there more on the weekend? I wanted to try a few other game modes...

there's no way it was anywhere close to this low

Arrrammis

Played my first ever Titanfall 2 MP tonight!! It was...Super duper fast good lord. But fun.

Population seemed SUPER low on PS4. I get it, past 11pm PST on a Tuesday, but yikes. Attrition was the one game mode with over 150 people playing. Is there more on the weekend? I wanted to try a few other game modes...

Try backing out and changing your data center. I have found that sometimes it puts me in a data center with <500 people online, but I can choose a data center that has ~2 ms more ping and have 2,000 people on Attrition alone.

Also, if you want to group up sometime, feel free to add me! PSN is the same as my Gaf name.

Congrats on getting to Gen. 8, here's your present, a match in progress with your team down by 300 points with the map marauded by 4 Tones.
As in your gun sputters when shooting? Reset your network by unplugging everything and plugging it back in then reboot your xbox while the network is rebooting.
I'm on PC, and the problem went away by itself

I feel like i get melee'd by titans more than i did in Titanfall 1... Maybe I'm just remembering it wrong... or the maps in the first had more height and options for pilots to avoid titans?

In this game it seems like most of your options as a pilot are vulnerable to a titan melee... It's annoying especially when it appears as if you're high enough to avoid a Titan only to get hit anyway.

And while I realize this is an extreme example of a map with height, i really do wish we had something like Rise in this one as well. God damn that map was fun. The ability to climb up high and soar above the action below was awesome.

Y'all did right by the Spitfire Respawn. Thanks.

Now nerf the devotion pls.

Also, few things piss me off more than playing LTS with a team who doesn't understand lane coverage.

Discobird

I feel like i get melee'd by titans more than i did in Titanfall 1... Maybe I'm just remembering it wrong... or the maps in the first had more height and options for pilots to avoid titans?

Feels like the Titan melees have more range and tracking than they did in the first game but I could be wrong.

Known issue; we're trying to prep a fix for it. Sorry about the inconvenience!

Edit: for the time being, just avoid editing the loadout of that Titan. You should still be able to play normally otherwise.
Thanks for the help, I don't need to edit the load out so that's ok, It's just my ocd wants to get rid of the green triangle ;)

Alx

Thanks for the help, I don't need to edit the load out so that's ok, It's just my ocd wants to get rid of the green triangle ;)

Oh btw, couldn't we have a command to dismiss all the "new stuff" notifications without having to browse the menus ? I swear the only reason I go through the texture/banner selector is to remove the triangles.

So I ordered a used Collective Minds Strike Pack from Amazon. It's a accessory that you stick on the back of the stock PS4 or X1 controllers that adds 2 extra paddles. Amazon said they wouldn't have it till Jan. 28th but I got a email yesterday saying it shipped. So I should get it later this afternoon. And man I'm actually pretty excited. I'll be able to turn and melee again(I changed my button layout) and be able to play Ronin much more effectively.

Honestly I considered getting a custom controller, but it sounds like they're only made to order. It probably would have taken me a month to get one if I had ordered it last week. Thanks to the GAF'er who suggested it to me last week. Brand new ones should start coming out in a week or two I guess. I just couldn't wait though when I saw that Amazon had used ones in stock.

Donos

Since i almost only play Tone (a bit of Scorch recently) i really want that Premium Tone Titan thingy. And i almost never buy any dlc stuff besides BF premium passes... especially not cosmetics (my Tone is all purple with the Panda decals :). But since TF2 was really a nice SP/MP suprise for me i want to support them. Maybe we'll get TiFa 3
That's money on the table Respawn! LabeoufJustDoIt.gif

Man, from what i have seen, i feel like very good Scorch players are the most dangerous and can deal insane damage.

Getting warm with the Firestar. Not that much feasible against pilots but i like sticking them to Titans faces and see their health cip away. Still would rate the Arc Grenade a bit higher because of the pilot/titan usefulness. Wonder why cloak is not used very much, seems pretty good,i'm close to trying it out but i can't let go from the grapple. Also the pilot model is fugly :(

Donos

Thought that too. Then i regenerated.... and blew all the creds to get the loadout stuff back i use (like low profile which unlocks at lvl X.40)

Top Bottom