• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |G2.1| "Whatever The Fuck That Means"

Izuna

Banned
That means nothing. PC folk also don't feel the hemlok is OP.

This could all be because of the FOV change. That could explain it. I'm not discounting that. PC players tend to play on higher fields of view in general, so they were already at 90 or above for the most part.

And go away with that stupid crap about being super negative about the game. You've had your rants aplenty.

• Return Volt to glory. Or at least half way to what it was

• Volt doesn't feel great. Whatever they did ruined it for me.
    Before the nerf Volt was the best overall gun. After the nerf i find it to be merely an ok weapon that doesn't do anything particularly amazing. CAR is a monster for mobile players but it can't do mid all that well and forget about doing long range battles.
    The volt exposes a player too much now. You have to be THAT much more mobile (which doesn't work on console with constant rooftop killers) and you have to use far more bullets to drop a player which exposes you to their teammates more frequently. It's an all around bad trade off. Players are better served opting for a 201.

[...]

I find it a bit amusing that i'm being called elitist because of this. Let's look at the reasons i have for being completely miffed.

1. They balance the game based on PC feedback. They haven't confirmed this but also haven't denied it. Rayme ignoring practically all the posts i've made reaffirms this notion.
    2. So, why would they balance the game based on the least populated platform? The volt could have been OP on PC but it wasn't OP on console. There weren't even that many people running the Volt, and the ones that were tended to be the better more mobile players. Why punish that?
    3. The volt still required movement, aim, and timed trigger pulse to be really effective.
    4. The volt catered to mobile gameplay.

[...]

They took arguably the funnest gun in the new game and destroyed it.

1. If increasing your FoV made you so bad that you could perceive a factor of 2 decrease in your performance, you would have felt it with other weapons.

Just take the respectable L...

Rayme answered your question of why there was a Volt nerf in this patch... because their prior nerf didn't make it.

Izuna

Banned
And go away with that stupid crap about being super negative about the game. You've had your rants aplenty.

Oh, I did.

But I don't berate the devs. I wish to inform them of my experiences as much as you do, but as Rayme has said (and actually why Antitype was banned in the extreme case), it's a lot of goodwill for Respawn devs to come and post on a board with like 12 unique frequent posters in it...

Why not be thankful instead of confrontational?

SwolBro

Banned
If increasing your FoV made you so bad that you could perceive a factor of 2 decrease in your performance, you would have felt it with other weapons.

Just take the respectable L...

Rayme answered your question of why there was a Volt nerf in this patch... because their prior nerf didn't make it.

It does not negate the fact that the Volt never needed a nerf on console. This does not change that view at all, only strengthens it. It's been underutilized on console, so there is 0 need to patch it on console. Try and argue around that. Go ahead. You can try but you'll fail.

And yes, my FOV went from 70 to 100 during that time (it's at 96 now). That is a significant change in view. Other weapons would have not been so drastically effected considering i was only using the Carbine prior to that.

Why not be thankful instead of confrontational?
Who says i'm not thankful? And asking for explanations without taking everything at face value isn't confrontational.

It does not negate the fact that the Volt never needed a nerf on console. This does not change that view at all, only strengthens it. It's been underutilized on console, there is 0 need to patch it on console. Try and argue around that. Go ahead. You can try but you'll fail.

just because it hasn't been used a lot doesn't mean that it isn't too powerful or performing too well

frothy recently had the volt in his s-tier, and it's an extremely easy to weapon to use, so it's not that surprising.

deoee

Flatline still is not for me
wtzgU.gif

Izuna

Banned
It does not negate the fact that the Volt never needed a nerf on console. This does not change that view at all, only strengthens it. It's been underutilized on console, there is 0 need to patch it on console. Try and argue around that. Go ahead. You can try but you'll fail.

And yes, my FOV went from 70 to 100 during that time (it's at 96 now). That is a significant change in view. Other weapons would have not been so drastically effected considering i was only using the Carbine prior to that.

I don't know who you're trying to convince, but it isn't me.

You were saying how awesome the CAR was. It isn't the FoV, it's a nocebo. One that informs people that perhaps you really should chill on the hyperbolic negativity.

I personally don't want to be cross-mapped by an SMG anymore that I want to be killed at close range extremely fast with a Hemlok.

If the encounter design says that campers with Hemlok get more kills than one would like, then that's an issue with the maps.

SwolBro

Banned
I don't know who you're trying to convince, but it isn't me.

You were saying how awesome the CAR was. It isn't the FoV, it's a nocebo. One that informs people that perhaps you really should chill on the hyperbolic negativity.

I personally don't want to be cross-mapped by an SMG anymore that I want to be killed at close range extremely fast with a Hemlok.

If the encounter design says that campers with Hemlok get more kills than one would like, then that's an issue with the maps.
and here you go with your version of elitist bulllshit.

Prior to that I hadn't used the CAR to any real capacity. You're not making any substantial claims here pal, especially considering the impact a FOV change can make.

Izuna

Banned
Who says i'm not thankful? And asking for explanations without taking everything at face value isn't confrontational.

Rayme got to the bottom of the change -- that the prior patch didn't happen. That's why it's there. Go, thank him for that.

And another thing. Sure, you want console/PC balance changes to be separate. Cool. But I certainly don't expect their engine/system to be built for that. Perhaps that's possible. Perhaps they don't want to because that kills pad players on PC (which is something they don't want to do). Perhaps they're working on it and it takes time.

But the assumption that the devs have no idea what they're doing so you'll run to Siege instead...

Or was that also untrue?

Rayme responding to you, taking time out of working on this game or taking a needed short break, is the most engagement from a dev to a community I have ever witnessed ~~ and yet instead like Reddit thread for either Titanfall or Destiny that I have seen, you didn't show any respect that he actually responded to you.

Shit, you do you, but I don't see why you deserve the special treatment of Rayme having to explain himself multiple times that they ain't balancing for PC.

and here you go with your version of elitist bulllshit.

Prior to that I hadn't used the CAR to any real capacity. You're not making any substantial claims here pal, especially considering the impact a FOV change can make.

elitist bullshit?

I didn't call you elitist at all in this posts... or are you saying I am?

SwolBro

Banned
Rayme got to the bottom of the change -- that the prior patch didn't happen. That's why it's there. Go, thank him for that.
I should thank a dev for correcting misinformation (accidently) from 2 months ago? Hm.

Perhaps they don't want to because that kills pad players on PC (which is something they don't want to do). Perhaps they're working on it and it takes time.
To the potential detriment to the thousands upon thousands playing between PS4/x1? Okkkkay.

But the assumption that the devs have no idea what they're doing so you'll run to Siege instead...
Knowing what they're doing or doing something i think could be detrimental to the game?

Rayme responding to you, taking time out of working on this game or taking a needed short break, is the most engagement from a dev to a community I have ever witnessed ~~ and yet instead like Reddit thread for either Titanfall or Destiny that I have seen, you didn't show any respect that he actually responded to you.
You're right, i should bow and be grateful every single time. Come on. Get off your damn horse dude. I'm grateful they answer questions and engage with the community. It doesn't warrant repeating every single time i post.

And frankly it works both fucking ways. Where's the consideration for the group of dedicated players that organized tournaments on reddit these last 2+ years? Streamed games on twitch when NO ONE ELSE was? So much so that CTF gets thrown into the second page when it's shown no one bothers to click on the second page (for whatever mind boggling reason)....

elitist bullshit?
I didn't call you elitist at all in this posts... or are you saying I am?
Yes, because you like to pretend to know what you're talking about when it's clear as night and day you do not.

FOV changes would make a significant impact to anyone that plays as much as i do.A slight change could make an impact on someone's play style, performance, comfort level, etc. It doesn't mean every single gun would change, or get better or worse all at once.

It's no different than say a hockey player changing the curve on his hockey stick.

Izuna

Banned
Rice-Eater is clearly that doggie stuck under the car

he's just as good as the rest of us but he doesn't think that way ;(

Hey Rayme, I think I found a really minor bug on the PS4.

If I were to select a class I haven't edited in this regen, go to weapon selection, purchase a weapon, and select that as the weapon for the class, when I actually get into a game that class has the original weapon still loaded.

So, for example, I selected my fifth class, which is default set to the Kraber. I purchased the R-97, selected extra ammo and the holosight and renamed the class, then was put into a game. That class had the Kraber as my main weapon. Everything else in the class was correct.

I know it's totally minor but it happened to me twice today, so I figured I'd mention it.

LProtag

Does the multiplayer in this take getting used to compared to other games? I just started trying it out and I totally suck at it.

It seems like it's 20x the speed of Overwatch, which I'm decent at.

Arrrammis

Does the multiplayer in this take getting used to compared to other games? I just started trying it out and I totally suck at it.

It seems like it's 20x the speed of Overwatch, which I'm decent at.

Definitely, especially if you're coming from a game like Overwatch. A few tips to help you along is that you can hip fire most weapons, especially SMG's, with pretty good accuracy. Also, practice wall running and sliding to get good momentum and learn the different way you can move around the map. Don't be afraid to try different loadouts too; It takes a while to get used to not having grappling hook (or at least it did for me) but you will be able to get around without it pretty easily once you get used to it.

LProtag

Definitely, especially if you're coming from a game like Overwatch. A few tips to help you along is that you can hip fire most weapons, especially SMG's, with pretty good accuracy. Also, practice wall running and sliding to get good momentum and learn the different way you can move around the map. Don't be afraid to try different loadouts too; It takes a while to get used to not having grappling hook (or at least it did for me) but you will be able to get around without it pretty easily once you get used to it.

I switched to the starting SMG and I'm doing a lot better, thanks!

Rice-Eater is clearly that doggie stuck under the car

he's just as good as the rest of us but he doesn't think that way ;(

Here is my receipt to confirm how average I am.

It took me over two days worth of play time to improve my K/D from 1.1 to 1.2. And I was so happy to finally see it because 1.1 just looks icky to me lol. I will admit though that this could have been a little higher if I didn't spend 70% of the time in PvP the first 4 days I played this game. The comp is much fiercer compared to Attrition where I finish top three 70-80% of the time nowadays.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
lol wow, I tried PvP for the first time in a while to level up my flatline and what a shitshow of a mode.

5 A-wall users on Crash Site.

I hate switching to Devotion-Wall, but honestly if it's the only thing that works because half the maps encourage cross map sniping, why do anything else?

lol wow, I tried PvP for the first time in a while to level up my flatline and what a shitshow of a mode.

Did those guys stick together or split up? If they stick together then I would have no idea how to deal with that. It's crazy how effective playing like this can be with A-Wall+Devotion+Sentry turrets without the fear of Titans.

I played with volt almost all the time after the "nerf" since I didnt feel there was any difference, it was still toptier smg easily.

I started using it a week or two after the supposed nerf. It felt fine to me and became my favorite gun after messing around with many like the 201, CAR, Devotion, and Alternator.

This is probably me being salty and bias, but whatever. I really didn't think the Volt needed to be nerfed. The gun didn't feel any stronger than the CAR to me. I just liked the look of the gun more, which is why I used it more. I was hoping the nerf was more about its damage at range, but the nerf being about upclose encounters will really hurt. I'm going to keep using it for now to see how I feel about it, but I may go back to the CAR as my main if it feels too significant.

psyfi

Banned
I got this game on PSN today and downloaded it earlier with decent speed, but the last 4% of the install progress has been slow as shit. Any other recent buyers have any issue?

psyfi

Banned
It's shit psn, pause and unpause the dl!
The DL says it's done, this is the in-game install progress %. It's going very very slowly, it took about ten minutes to go from 96 to 97, and about the same for 97 to 98.

I'm probably going to go to bed honestly, I'll play a little in the morning, haha.

Greddleok

Tried out the r97 and flatline last night.

I do NOT like the r97. It's inaccurate and you completely have to hose people down to kill them. Never touching that again.

The flatline is fine. It feels like an smg with a longer range. I don't think I'll stick with it over CAR but it's nice to use something else. It's an AR you can be mobile with.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Did those guys stick together or split up? If they stick together then I would have no idea how to deal with that. It's crazy how effective playing like this can be with A-Wall+Devotion+Sentry turrets without the fear of Titans.
Yep, Devotions or G2s and turtling. It reminded me of that Titan Bubble strat from Destiny. lol

I do NOT like the r97. It's inaccurate and you completely have to hose people down to kill them. Never touching that again.

The flatline is fine. It feels like an smg with a longer range. I don't think I'll stick with it over CAR but it's nice to use something else. It's an AR you can be mobile with.
Yeah this is how I feel. The R97 still needs a buff to make it useful at the ranges it's intended to be used at, and the Flatline is basically an Alternator with range/better optics.

Played my first ever Titanfall 2 MP tonight!! It was...Super duper fast good lord. But fun.

Population seemed SUPER low on PS4. I get it, past 11pm PST on a Tuesday, but yikes. Attrition was the one game mode with over 150 people playing. Is there more on the weekend? I wanted to try a few other game modes...

Izuna

Banned
Here is my receipt to confirm how average I am.

It took me over two days worth of play time to improve my K/D from 1.1 to 1.2. And I was so happy to finally see it because 1.1 just looks icky to me lol. I will admit though that this could have been a little higher if I didn't spend 70% of the time in PvP the first 4 days I played this game. The comp is much fiercer compared to Attrition where I finish top three 70-80% of the time nowadays.

I personally feel that PvP just has no middle ground. You either stomp or get stomped, especially due to the positive feedback loop. I mean, Attrition is no different, but at least if you're decent you'll probably just lose Titans but not die as a Pilot much.

Greddleok

I've never played PvP. My K/D is 2.2.

I'm sure if I played PvP it would absolutely plummet. I'm much more effective in a titan than out.

SwolBro

Banned

I hate switching to Devotion-Wall, but honestly if it's the only thing that works because half the maps encourage cross map sniping, why do anything else?
Seems the sentry-turret users are now turtling hard with g2/hemlok/devotion

The 97 might be a little too strong actually. once you get used to it , it melts.

I played with volt almost all the time after the "nerf" since I didnt feel there was any difference, it was still toptier smg easily.
All PC players said this for the most part, but on console it seriously vanished from the landscape.

I'm playing on PS4 and sometimes the rooftop camping is annoying as shit. I can't imagine playing a game this fast-paced by crouching in some bushes or on top of some weird geometry.

Top Bottom