• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Tovarisc

Will be interesting to see how this game shakes out population wise. Will wait a month and see what the PS4 vs PC playerbase is like.

I'm interested to see player numbers for PC on day 1 to week 1. TFall 1 dropped so hard and fast in player counts on PC.

B00TE

Got Lren into a room and we goofed off on maps learning them and shot at AI (and each other) in Attrition and Bounty Hunt. My FPS nosedives in the MP for some reason, not sure what's doing it unless it's from hosting a game. It's not unplayable, but it's really jarring. Gonna turn down some settings and see if that fixes it.

vg260

Where do people think the community will be long term? PS4, Xbone or PC? I can't decide.

I can't decide either, but the pre-order bonuses don't seem that significant, so I'm just going to wait a bit and see how it looks.

I didn't plan to get this until the reviews came out, so I can wait a little bit.

Got Lren into a room and we goofed off on maps learning them and shot at AI (and each other) in Attrition and Bounty Hunt. My FPS nosedives in the MP for some reason, not sure what's doing it unless it's from hosting a game. It's not unplayable, but it's really jarring. Gonna turn down some settings and see if that fixes it.
Interesting. There's another report of frame drops over in the PC Performance Thread. I haven't had any yet, but I've been playing the campaign. I'll try MP in a bit and see what I get.

Dartastic

It looks like I'm going to receive my copy in the mail early. Goddamnit, I was planning to finish the Battlefield campaign tonight. Really wish they didn't release the games so close to one another.

eldudebro

I'm disappointed about the multiplayer achievements but I'll still pick the game up.

Well given the online nature of the original where every achievement was pretty much multiplayer, i'd have been very disappointed if there wasn't any.

As long as there aren't any as rage inducing as Pull Harder though. That one really was a joke to get legit.

Rafy

Guys I need some advice. I only have enough money for Titanfall 2 or BF1 until I get paid for a commission I am doing. Which of the two should I get? I really want to try the new campaign and MP improvements of Titanfall 2. I participated in the beta for BF1 so I am good for a couple more days if TF 2 is as good as people are saying. I am so torn between the two.

If I end up getting it, it'll be for PC.

jet1911

Holy crap the slide is amazing on pc. Just so easy to slide, do a 360 to look around if there's an ennemy, while still moving forward. Finished 2 in my first Attrition match!

xRaizen

Guys I need some advice. I only have enough money for Titanfall 2 or BF1 until I get paid for a commission I am doing. Which of the two should I get? I really want to try the new campaign and MP improvements of Titanfall 2. I participated in the beta for BF1 so I am good for a couple more days if TF 2 is as good as people are saying. I am so torn between the two.

Do you like twitch shooters? TF2

Massive war battles? BF1

Well, I've found 1 game since the hour that it has launched and I had over 200ms. I don't remember TF1 being this bad at match making. Why is it taking so long?

spannicus

Id go TF2

Went with PS4 actually as that's what I'm taking with me on my deployment

Now just waiting for my Vanguard Helmet to actually ship from BestBuy :(

It looks like I'm going to receive my copy in the mail early. Goddamnit, I was planning to finish the Battlefield campaign tonight. Really wish they didn't release the games so close to one another.

Same (first world) problem but with MWR, although I'm nearly at the end. Should be nice to go from one IW game to another :p

Chris1

That's the thing, I like both because they are so different. The thing is I don't know which to prioritize.

I put a lot of hours into Overwatch the past few months, so I think TF 2 would make the most sense right now for me.

I'd get Titanfall, you know Battlefield will still be super active whenever you get round to it, plus Titanfall has free DLC while Battlefield doesn't.

SwolBro

Banned
Those achievements look extremely easy wtf?

R1 had the most brutal achievements lmao.
I'm disappointed about the multiplayer achievements but I'll still pick the game up.
Yeah, and those brutal achievements turned a ton of people off plus made it annoying as shit in PvP. People would be going for achievements and unlocks instead of playing the objective.

Remember the 50 gooser? that was freaking brutal.

Just bought this. The campaign better be awesome.
ha, look who decided to come around.

The campaign is just so good it is RIDICULOUS.

Really? I haven't finished a campaign since Halo Reach. The expectations created here are realy high. Even the videos didn't get me interested in actually finishing the campaign....

Izuna

Banned
Well, I've found 1 game since the hour that it has launched and I had over 200ms. I don't remember TF1 being this bad at match making. Why is it taking so long?

Because the game ain't out?

--

Wow this TN panel I'm borrowing has bad viewing angles AND light bleeding that goes around the entire screen. *sigh* and to think it cost like £300

Really? I haven't finished a campaign since Halo Reach. The expectations created here are realy high. Even the videos didn't get me interested in actually finishing the campaign....

Someone (excaliburps? Or Gerard Hawke) posted earlier that one certain section is amazing because of the gameplay mechanics and I think I just got there, and my mind was blown, you are not going to expect that from the devs known for COD.

Someone (excaliburps? Or Gerard Hawke) posted earlier that one certain section is amazing because of the gameplay mechanics and I think I just got there, and my mind was blown, you are not going to expect that from the devs known for COD.

I don't think it was me but I know exactly which bit you're talking about :)

so good. portal-esque cleverness.

Vipu

Banned
So im still thinking should I buy this or not.
Is there some list of important stuff how this game works.
Like unlocks, do you have to unlock better weapons with 1000h playtime?
How are the hitboxes etc?
Is it mostly pilot vs pilot and rare times some mech action or 50-50?

Antifaith

Neo Member
Everyone is playing Titanfall 2 and I'm stuck here refreshing GMG twitter/reddit to read all the complaints about keys.

This is the same issue I'm having at the moment. I've only had this happen one other time from GMG, which was with Darksiders 2. When that happened, I didn't even receive my key until 48 hours AFTER the game launched.

I really hope that doesn't happen this time too.

Chris1

Remember the 50 gooser? that was freaking brutal.

it was 10 wasn't it?

Though one of the map dlc (the one where you shoot the thing and shoots out electricity in the sky) made getting goosers REALLY easy, you'd probably get the achievement within 1 or 2 games of doing nothing but sitting on the rooftop opposite shooting it.

Not speaking from experience or anything.. just something I heard... honest...

Pull Harder achievement was some BS though

SwolBro

Banned
So im still thinking should I buy this or not.
Is there some list of important stuff how this game works.
Like unlocks, do you have to unlock better weapons with 1000h playtime?
How are the hitboxes etc?
Is it mostly pilot vs pilot and rare times some mech action or 50-50?

I'd suggest watching Frothyomen https://www.twitch.tv/frothyomen

Weapons don't take long to unlock, hitboxes are what you'd expect from COD, and titans is an integral part of combat.
it was 10 wasn't it?

Though one of the map dlc (the one where you shoot the thing and shoots out electricity in the sky) made getting goosers REALLY easy, you'd probably get the achievement within 1 or 2 games of doing nothing but sitting on the rooftop opposite shooting it.

At launch it was 50 lol. So imagine a bunch of people that were yet good at the game going for 50 goosers and other players knowing that and purposely using cloak. It was a nightmare!!! when they changd it to 10 they rewarded the original 50 gooser club a specific titan emblem.

Izuna

Banned
it was 10 wasn't it?

It was 50 before they made it hilariously easy.

It wasn't even the worse one. I found 50 MVPs easy but if you found Gen 9s on PC they were always using cheats lmao.

CTF was the best way to make it guaranteed since you got MVP for playing flag carrier.

The achievement itself was the Plasma Cannon shot. That felt so nice to pull off.

This is the same issue I'm having at the moment. I've only had this happen one other time from GMG, which was with Darksiders 2. When that happened, I didn't even receive my key until 48 hours AFTER the game launched.

Yeah, I bought a handful of pre-orders from GMG and never had an issue until now, I really want to download and start playing as soon as possible. The GMG twitter page said 7 hours ago that they are going to be dropping keys soon, hopefully it's within the next hour or so.

renzolama

I just saw this FAQ

https://greenmangaming.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/231439568-TITANFALL-2-Release-FAQ

I opened a refund request after reading that as it makes it sound like there's a real possibility that keys won't be available until tomorrow (the 28th for US/EU/etc).

Everyone is playing Titanfall 2 and I'm stuck here refreshing GMG twitter/reddit to read all the complaints about keys.

Damn they've still not sent them? That sucks.

A few more missions in to the campaign and it's really starting to get awesome. Feel like I've only just scratched the surface.

Top Bottom