• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Antifaith

Neo Member
Well, I got tired of waiting for my GMG key. I just ended up buying it from somewhere else and will just give my GMG code to my nephew.

The game is pre-loading as we speak! Can't wait to play it! Funny thing is that I bought BF1 and haven't even had a chance to check that game out yet, lol.

The End

TFW when you go to redeem your shameful dorito-based dlc
and it tells you that you already have an account

Unlocked Ronin early but no GLORIOUS DEWRITOS WARPAINT

Well, I got tired of waiting for my GMG key. I just ended up buying it from somewhere else and will just give my GMG code to my nephew.

The game is pre-loading as we speak! Can't wait to play it! Funny thing is that I bought BF1 and haven't even had a chance to check that game out yet, lol.

GMG will probably send it in the next couple of hours. BF1 key was sent around close to 1PM MDT the day before.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
C'mon Amazon...

I know right? I didn't really think this through, I should have grabbed the PC version digitally somewhere even if I had to eat the cost since then I could VPN early. As it stands I'm waiting for US launch on Xbox digital when I should be playing right frickin' now. Can't even preload, oh well.

Someone popping electric smoke right as you term them was one of the more annoying things in the first game. I think I'm good with that change.

You're titan is vulnerable when it lands (unless you have the shield) no reason you shouldn't be when performing an execution. Risk vs reward was a nice aspect in TF1.

Mupod

TFW when you go to redeem your shameful dorito-based dlc
and it tells you that you already have an account

Unlocked Ronin early but no GLORIOUS DEWRITOS WARPAINT

I got the skin. Please tell me it's just a tiled texture of fucking doritos. I would never use anything else.

Did i fuck up my Origin with the VPN? I beat the single player and decided to get off and closed Origin and now whenever I log in I get a "Well that didn't go as planned" and can't do anything on it/access my games. Online or Offline.

dankir

Been watching GameSager and FrothyOmen's stream god I can't wait to get my copy. The bunny hopping isn't some like pixel perfect jumping techique right? It's wall run, slide in air, land and then jump again?

I'll be using my Elite controller, so it should be easy to pull off.

HelloMeow

So after each game you go back to the menu... Why would I wait around in a lost game when it's faster to quit and search a new game right away?

Schlorgan

I got the skin. Please tell me it's just a tiled texture of fucking doritos. I would never use anything else.
GOD I HOPE SO

It's probably the one on the can.
Cje4HpN.jpg

duckroll

Beat the first boss. Damn, this campaign feels really high effort. Almost zero down time, the story is just interesting enough to keep you interested in where it might lead but there isn't any forced "story" stuff you're forced to play through while walking slowly. the action is fast and fun, the encounters and areas are increasingly designed to allow you to take advantage of your mobility to do fun shit, lots of weapon variety all over, nice mix of game flow as you progress, kickass mech boss battle with good patterns and nice enemy design. I'm impressed so far.

splattered

Does anyone know how the Target exclusive Dew/Doritos is supposed to be unlocked?

The Gears 4 Wal-Mart Acid Omen Rockstar promo was fairly straight forward... i'm not seeing any definitive information on this Target/Titan Fall thing though :/

I may have missed it, but is animation to get into the Titan still 3rd person perspective, or is there an option to change it to 1st person? I felt like that hurt immersion in the tech tests.

Beat the first boss. Damn, this campaign feels really high effort. Almost zero down time, the story is just interesting enough to keep you interested in where it might lead but there isn't any forced "story" stuff you're forced to play through while walking slowly. the action is fast and fun, the encounters and areas are increasingly designed to allow you to take advantage of your mobility to do fun shit, lots of weapon variety all over, nice mix of game flow as you progress, kickass mech boss battle with good patterns and nice enemy design. I'm impressed so far.

Would you call it a masterpiece?

Ion and Tone. They line up perfectly with the two Titan specs I ran in TF1.

All about dat Atlas.

I was so down after the beta. I'm still concerned. But my hype is climbing. Even in a worst case scenario, the look and feel of TF is still so far ahead of any other arena shooter.

SwolBro

Banned
is sager playing on pc or xbox rn?
he was on pc earlier i think now he's on ps4 but with a xbox elite controller i believe. his main platform for this will be x1 i think he said.

I may have missed it, but is animation to get into the Titan still 3rd person perspective, or is there an option to change it to 1st person? I felt like that hurt immersion in the tech tests.

it's 3rd person.

The End

It's probably the one on the can.
Cje4HpN.jpg

That ain't bad (although seems very reminiscent of the OG Xbox color scheme)

Does anyone know how the Target exclusive Dew/Doritos is supposed to be unlocked?

The Gears 4 Wal-Mart Acid Omen Rockstar promo was fairly straight forward... i'm not seeing any definitive information on this Target/Titan Fall thing though :/

dewanddoritos.com says "Specially-stickered DORITOS® 9oz – 12oz
Specially-stickered MTN DEW® 16.9oz 6-packs"

so look for the sticker, i guess?

Lren

Just completed the campaign. Hard is the way to go as others have mentioned, certain mechanics change up constantly and last just long enough to not overstay their welcome. It's really good though, haven't had this much fun with an FPS single player in quite some time.

HZHcw5I.gif

splattered

That ain't bad (although seems very reminiscent of the OG Xbox color scheme)

dewanddoritos.com says "Specially-stickered DORITOS® 9oz – 12oz
Specially-stickered MTN DEW® 16.9oz 6-packs"

so look for the sticker, i guess?

Weird... I saw no such special stickered products anywhere in the store :/ just the regular Titan Fall 2 advertisements

Guess i'll give it a week and then go take a second look.

Downcrashing

Neo Member
The best times in titanfall were working with a good team in CTF, so I started an Xbox club called "Titanfall 2 CTF Players" hopefully we can get some good flag runners together for tonight! Feel free to join up and spread the word to other CTF lovers

Thanks!

Too bad that this continues to be the case. It was nice to play Gears 4 with a couple of my friends (Obviously a different case given that we're talking about a MS 1st party property), who are on Xbox while I'm on PC.

I think I'll be going PS4 though when I pick this up as I figure the audience there is going to be a lot more populace than on PC. (And frankly, I want to play with a controller.)

renzolama

Did i fuck up my Origin with the VPN? I beat the single player and decided to get off and closed Origin and now whenever I log in I get a "Well that didn't go as planned" and can't do anything on it/access my games. Online or Offline.

PSA This is pure conjecture

Did you try a reboot to flush the network/ip junk from your vpn session? Alternatively, if you're trying to log back into origin now off of vpn then it might be confused by the fact that Titanfall shouldn't be activated in your region but it is? Steam has some logic in place to handle adjusting your game activations dynamically to solve this problem, so if you go back online with Steam off your vpn after unlocking a game it will be locked again. It wouldn't surprise me if Origin hadn't solved that problem quite as elegantly yet.

KodaRuss

Good to see you are enjoying after being so skeptical about it!

The ones I found at Target were at the checkout line so the bag of doritos was like a 4oz bag maybe? The Mountain Dew was a 20oz bottle in one of the fridges at the checkout line. Make sure you look for the sticker because some did not have them.

Weird... I saw no such special stickered products anywhere in the store :/ just the regular Titan Fall 2 advertisements

Guess i'll give it a week and then go take a second look.

I am sure generous gaffers will give some more out. I might grab a few extras this weekend (since I wont be able to play much this weekend maybe some of you can have 2x the fun for me).

Top Bottom