• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

SwolBro

Banned
Don't expect 50-50 is the impression I've been getting.

If you aren't racking up kills, mechs would come slow and die fast.

gotta let the meta flesh out. people will have to adjust to the new Titan load outs and them having no shields so for a little while there people will be losing them fast.

Any reports for how hard Master difficulty is? Trying to determine if my first run should be on that or Hard. With COD Ghosts and AW I just played through them on Veteran in a breeze.

Chris1

It was 50 before they made it hilariously easy.

It wasn't even the worse one. I found 50 MVPs easy but if you found Gen 9s on PC they were always using cheats lmao.

CTF was the best way to make it guaranteed since you got MVP for playing flag carrier.

The achievement itself was the Plasma Cannon shot. That felt so nice to pull off.

I'd suggest watching Frothyomen https://www.twitch.tv/frothyomen

Weapons don't take long to unlock, hitboxes are what you'd expect from COD, and titans is an integral part of combat.

At launch it was 50 lol. So imagine a bunch of people that were yet good at the game going for 50 goosers and other players knowing that and purposely using cloak. It was a nightmare!!! when they changd it to 10 they rewarded the original 50 gooser club a specific titan emblem.

Oh that was for the achievement too? I thought that was just for the regeneration thing.

JJShadow

Guys I need some advice. I only have enough money for Titanfall 2 or BF1 until I get paid for a commission I am doing. Which of the two should I get? I really want to try the new campaign and MP improvements of Titanfall 2. I participated in the beta for BF1 so I am good for a couple more days if TF 2 is as good as people are saying. I am so torn between the two.

If I end up getting it, it'll be for PC.

In the short term I'll pick up TF, BF community is gonna be active for years, so you can wait a bit without risk of the community dying

But anyway, if you have the opportunity pick up both of them like me do it, they are so different and so fucking good that both of them deserve your money

Izuna

Banned
So im still thinking should I buy this or not.
Is there some list of important stuff how this game works.
Like unlocks, do you have to unlock better weapons with 1000h playtime?
How are the hitboxes etc?
Is it mostly pilot vs pilot and rare times some mech action or 50-50?

I haven't played R2 yet, but I played R1 almost every day for 6 months from when it came out and I've played the Tech Test for R2 for a few hours.

Unlocking all weapons usually took about 15-20 hours of gametime in R1. In R2 you get credits/merits so you can unlock what you want. When you prestige, apparently what you unlock that way stays forever. It's really not a big deal.

Hitboxes are... I mean I think it's fairly standard, but then I don't play CoD so I don't know what this is referring to. A few weapons are AoE though.

Depends on your playstyle, in a regular game (that isn't Pilots only mode) I'd say you can make 60-80% of your time be in a Titan providing that you're correctly building them. You get them as a reward over time or by doing damage, stealing batteries etc. so in the Tech Test I would stay in my first Titan until I lost then get another one within the minute.

Here is Alpha Tech Test gameplay if you want to judge how long you can stay in one (watch from): https://youtu.be/7_PTYa9cKWo?t=2m43s

In R1 you could nuclear eject and kill enemies from your dead Titan, and immediately get another one.

Oh that was for the achievement too? I thought that was just for the regeneration thing.

Only the Plasma Railgun* iirc

Tovarisc

KodaRuss

Same (first world) problem but with MWR, although I'm nearly at the end. Should be nice to go from one IW game to another :p

I finished MWR in two nights playing. Lots of fun I took a lot of pictures. Love the A-10 mission and obviously the sniper level. Looking forward to their next campaign tomorrow!

Cynn

Yeah. I have a new job soon, so I can afford to binge. Where do people think the community will be long term? PS4, Xbone or PC? I can't decide.
Most likely Xbox since the community started platform exclusive and it will most likely land on EA Access one day like TF did.

Schlorgan

If the skin on the Game Fuel can is the one you get from putting in codes, that looks like the best reward to go for.

Cje4HpN.jpg

I requested a refund for the GMG pre-order and then bought the game on cdkeys.com, got the code instantly and now the game is preloading. If they decided to decline my refund request then I'll just sell the key to my brother, no problem.

EDIT: They refunded me within the hour, satisfied with the customer support.

Mupod

This is the same issue I'm having at the moment. I've only had this happen one other time from GMG, which was with Darksiders 2. When that happened, I didn't even receive my key until 48 hours AFTER the game launched.

I really hope that doesn't happen this time too.

To be honest it wouldn't affect me much as I have other obligations until Saturday and I can download 27GB pretty fast. But yeah, they have never once let me down with keys so it'd be a first.

As I mentioned earlier they list their source for Titanfall 2 keys as EA themselves. Whether that makes you more or less worried is up to interpretation, I guess.

renzolama

I requested a refund for the GMG pre-order and then bought the game on cdkeys.com, got the code instantly and now the game is preloading. If they decided to decline my refund request then I'll just sell the key to my brother, no problem.

Did the same, thanks for the suggestion

Edit: My refund request was granted with an hour of submitting my ticket, so I'll give GMG credit for quickly resolving my complaints there

The fact that there is no Season Pass and all DLC is free is fucking amazing and awesome by Respawn. Seriously, so damn awesome of them.

Drewfonse

Does this mean vanilla isn't stable 60fps? God I hope this isn't another BF1 situation on PS4. If R2 isn't stable 60 in MP, I'm going to be majorly bummed.

I'd be shocked if there weren't a few dips in the vanilla console MP, so it'll probably be marginally improved on Pro. I bet the res and bells and whistles is where we'll see the most difference between vanilla and Pro.

lordkosc

Amazon shows no delivery date for my vanguard edition and customer service has been worthless. Getting concerned.

My preorder PC regular edition with release date delivery is showing delivery by TUESDAY Nov 1st now.

Chat support told me its probably a wrong date, and to wait and see if it updates later today... :|

Strakt

Played a ton of MP Matches on PC (Australia data center) since no ones playing on east coast ones atm :( Game is really fun!

Chris1

The fact that there is no Season Pass and all DLC is free is fucking amazing and awesome by Respawn. Seriously, so damn awesome of them.
Even in the first one when there was a season pass, their free DLC/updates were amazing too even though they could have easily just added it to the SP. If the first game had no mtx and a season pass, with really good free DLC updates, I have high hopes for the post launch support in TF2 where there's no season pass and mtx.

My only worry about the post launch support is there being too many remastered maps. I'd be fine with 1-2 more
War games pls
but I think any more is overkill

Does this mean vanilla isn't stable 60fps? God I hope this isn't another BF1 situation on PS4. If R2 isn't stable 60 in MP, I'm going to be majorly bummed.

I'm never gonna get used to people calling it R2. Everytime I see it I always step back and think "huh?" for a second.

SwolBro

Banned
Okay I'm playing the campaign and WHAT THE FUCK. This is getting crazy. Something just happened that's a game changer.

yah know.... the hype created here for the campaign is a bit much. I'm very skeptical of all campaigns, rarely enjoy any of them, if this doesn't live up to the hype i'm going to conclude that most people do not have high standards for campaigns.

Played a ton of MP Matches on PC (Australia data center) since no ones playing on east coast ones atm :( Game is really fun!

cuz game aint out for us yet broseph

Does the score cap in attrition need to be raised? :p that match lasted like 4 minutes.

people have been complaining about this. it's the same mistake they made during the initial launch of tf1. they'll probably have to change it soon.

Marvel

could never
Q about the Nitro Scorch pack. Ordered from ShopTo, but can't find a code anywhere.

Can't see one in my email either, y'all get yours?

KodaRuss

Ran to Target during lunch and picked up Doritos and a Mountain Dew. I feel I am 16 again only buying those two things.

Might try to go to Buffalo Wild Wings tomorrow. Do we know how we get the code at Buffalo Wild Wings?

Schlorgan

Ran to Target during lunch and picked up Doritos and a Mountain Dew. I feel I am 16 again only buying those two things.

Might try to go to Buffalo Wild Wings tomorrow. Do we know how we get the code at Buffalo Wild Wings?

I'm gonna go tonight. You probably get the code on your receipt.

Watching Frothy play from some captures he did post-tech test. That dude is a mad man. His play is exactly what makes titan fall different from every other triple A shooter.

SwolBro

Banned
A lot of popular Titanfall 1 streamers will be giving out keys today. https://www.twitch.tv/frothyomen frothy will be getting some keys apparently later tonight. Devs are in his room right now.

full game keys for pc and i think the consoles as well.

Watching Frothy play from some captures he did post-tech test. That dude is a mad man. His play is exactly what makes titan fall different from every other triple A shooter.

Yes, and promoting him was a smart move on Respawns part. What's scary is he isnt' even a top tier player on PC.

Argonomic

Fun fact: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare was IW3 internally.

(edit: Correct, but there is more to it)

It was CoD3 internally. c:\trees\cod3\ was the file folder. Until CoD3 came out, we thought we were making CoD3.

Once the name got switched on us, we added an IW3 stamp to the game to maintain the numbering of IW titles.

MW2 was in c:\trees\iw4.

CoD1 was in c:\trees\mk.

renzolama

Damn, that film grain though...
Adjusting brightness/etc doesn't do much, it looks particularly bad on dark textures at close distances. Anyone else seeing this?

Edit: I see there's a TF2 PC performance thread up now, nvm

Izuna

Banned
PC ver has downloaded. Won't load it up until I finish calibrating this monitor. I'm stoked. In the small event that it looks very nice on the Surface Book I may or may not play with PC GAF a bit ;)

--

So Homestead is basically the Sandtrap of this game then.

Top Bottom