• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

PSA This is pure conjecture

Did you try a reboot to flush the network/ip junk from your vpn session? Alternatively, if you're trying to log back into origin now off of vpn then it might be confused by the fact that Titanfall shouldn't be activated in your region but it is? Steam has some logic in place to handle adjusting your game activations dynamically to solve this problem, so if you go back online with Steam off your vpn after unlocking a game it will be locked again. It wouldn't surprise me if Origin hadn't solved that problem quite as elegantly yet.

I disconnected while i was in game and then later closed the game and origin. Upon trying to load Origin back up I get this issue. This was my second time doing this, my first time everything was fine and Origin reverted to saying the game wasn't unlocked in my region yet until I went through the VPN again. So for whatever reason on the second time something in Origin went weird.

Edit - I uninstalled then reinstalled origin and I can finally get back in with the game saying it'll unlock for my region, fixed but weird, oh well thanks for response though.

kubinsky

I really want to get this, but I'm not sure if I have enough time to spend on this and Infinite Warfare/ MWR :(

All your impressions are making It even harder to resist :)

Marvel

could never
The link I posted a couple pages back of a sweet CQC execution got a thumbsdown. Lol salty motherfucker.

Anyhoo, yes this sequel is a vast step up in almost all ways. Very pleased.

zonezeus

I don't give a damn about the campaign however good it is, I need MP impressions people. Still on the fence here, I've been watching some streams and TTK still seems awfully short, but I'd love to hear how does it actually feel in game.

i have a badass HTPC, but that would have me using a controller in a mouse/kb world, so i guess i need to get this for a console.

has there been any detail on performance across the xbone and ps4 yet?

Izuna

Banned
iDlze7k.jpg

Oh, am I fucking ready.

Thankfully this monitor had a 6-point colour calibration setting.

Rondras

Banned
Just bought it. Wasn't sure about it but seems that the SP is pretty cool and I like my Access time with the first one in MP sooo yeah, we're now married.

B00TE

Just beat the campaign. What a fucking ride. Story is not much to write home about, but the last 2-3 levels are spectacular. Can't wait to dive back into MP more now.

Single Player took me about 4 and a half hours, I played on Normal though, really short but extra sweet. I had a really great time with it, I think the comparisons to DOOM are pretty spot on in that this is just a really great shooter campaign. Plays amazingly.

My only main issue with it was that in between missions and even just sections of missions, there is a lot of jarring cuts to black. It would of been nice to see more seamless transitions and maybe some more cut scenes to fill in the gaps of some areas. I liked where they went/did with BT and Jack, even if it didn't feel 100% there (Jack isn't really a character, honestly none of the humans really are) but it still felt so much better to see this type of story over a generic military campaign, though it still is that considering the evil bad guys with Doomsday weapon plot.

I didn't feel as connected to BT as I wished or hoped that I would, but it was there enough to make the story commendable.

Strakt

Ah do you have to unlock them? Probably the most eager to try Northstar.

Yea but I was able to unlock every single titan within like 2 hours. You start with 20 credits for free just for logging in the game, and ronin is 10, another one is 10, and legion is 20.

Single Player took me about 4 and a half hours, I played on Normal though, really short but extra sweet. I had a really great time with it, I think the comparisons to DOOM are pretty spot on in that this is just a really great shooter campaign. Plays amazingly.

My only main issue with it was that in between missions and even just sections of missions, there is a lot of jarring cuts to black. It would of been nice to see more seamless transitions and maybe some more cut scenes to fill in the gaps of some areas. I liked where they went/did with BT and Jack, even if it didn't feel 100% there (Jack isn't really a character, honestly none of the humans really are) but it still felt so much better to see this type of story over a generic military campaign, though it still is that considering the evil bad guys with Doomsday weapon plot.

I didn't feel as connected to BT as I wished or hoped that I would, but it was there enough to make the story commendable.

The cast to black was due to Source engine's mandatory loading.

Revas

Just finished the second campaign level on master, sheesh did I die a lot in the first level (I thought I was good in TF lol). I'm really, really, really enjoying this.

stephen08

I just pre-ordered on PS4 and didn't get an option to start the download. Is this something with my settings or is the game just not available for pre-load?

Schlorgan

The cast to black was due to Source engine's mandatory loading.

If you're at Respawn: Frostbite is probably off the table, do you think you guys would move to UE4 as your main engine or are you pretty comfortable with modified Source at this point (for any future Titanfall games)?

I'm so bad at the gauntlet, my best time is 37 seconds which is way, way to low for the top 3 achivement :(

If you're at Respawn: Frostbite is probably off the table, do you think you guys would move to UE4 as your main engine or are you pretty comfortable with modified Source at this point (for any future Titanfall games)?

I'm not at Respawn lol. But from my understanding their tech and gameplay systems are built upon the nature of source (unique physics attributes that make bunny hopping possible in the first place, and source was the only engine that can satisfy Titanfall's massive asset streaming at the time they were building R1), it is probably not very effective nor financially reasonable to do it all over again, with the risk of not being able to recreate what they did with a new engine.

pretty sure waffles is a chinese game journalist [am i wrong about this?]

You are not wrong!

pretty sure waffles is a chinese game journalist [am i wrong about this?]

Waiting till it unlocks in my region to do MP since even nothing would load right now, how is attrition? I saw some comments when it first got revealed to be coming back that only a few maps support it or something, please tell me that's wrong.

Kade

Played Bounty Hunt with FrothyOmen and he carried us so hard. His score was higher than everyone on the team combined. I felt so inadequate.

Their tech and gameplay systems are built upon the nature of source (unique physics attributes that make bunny hopping possible in the first place), it is probably not very effective nor financially reasonable to do it all over again, with the risk of not being able to recreate what they did with a new engine.
They could always do some engine tests, port over some small sections into UE4 and see what they could do. In my opinion, while they certainly seem to have made the best looking game that's used Source as a base, the engine is definitely showing age and there's only so much you can do on it.

R2 showcases Respawn's terrific art design but it really is held back by a somewhat disappointing and dated visual set. Hopefully they can find a solution for R3 where they can maintain that perfect gameplay feel but crank up their visual game.

I'm not at Respawn lol. But from my understanding their tech and gameplay systems are built upon the nature of source (unique physics attributes that make bunny hopping possible in the first place, and source was the only engine that can satisfy Titanfall's massive asset streaming at the time they were building R1), it is probably not very effective nor financially reasonable to do it all over again, with the risk of not being able to recreate what they did with a new engine.
Was Source picked for asset streaming? I thought it was because of the (later unnecessary) need for 60fps on PS3 since they didn't have access to any of their tools from IW.

Top Bottom