• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Alx

The moment to moment gameplay in this game is so fucking good.

Also my Ronin skills are improving, you can absolutely slaughter every other titan in 1v1 combat with him once you know how to chain his skills properly.

I wanted to be sure, does phase shift free Ronin from Northstar's trap ? The one that attaches your cockpit to the ground. I assume it does, but it's hard to tell.
(Still trying to find counter-measures against that knife-wielding thug. :p)

Could someone offer some advise on slide hopping (on a KB+M). How quickly after jump > crouching are people hitting W or D and going into a strafe? I'm generally pressing it around the peak of my jump as it seems if it hit it earlier it moves my character too much to either side and kills speed.

I could really do with a video with showing keyboard presses, I don't seem to have any problem going continuously to the left or the right, but finding it impossible to constantly strafe to the left then right, just lose all my speed straight away.

Multiplayer is really clicking now. There is games where I feel like I'm absolutely destroying and rolling with the punches then when it comes to the scores I'm bottom of my team.
s.

same. I used to do allright in the first game but I'me basically being destroyed every game and even when I think I'm doing OK (taking down titans as a Pilot) my scores are always at the bottom of the team.

So much so I don't know whether I'll play much TF2 MP after both CoDs come out this week.

SP is sublime. Did the factory level last night. It's basically parkour Halo with a Mech.

Vipu

Banned
Could someone offer some advise on slide hopping (on a KB+M). How quickly after jump > crouching are people hitting W or D and going into a strafe? I'm generally pressing it around the peak of my jump as it seems if it hit it earlier it moves my character too much to either side and kills speed.

I could really do with a video with showing keyboard presses, I don't seem to have any problem going continuously to the left or the right, but finding it impossible to constantly strafe to the left then right, just lose all my speed straight away.

I need some tips too, I know how to hop but I have no idea how to turn while hopping.
I have tried everything...

Xater

I wish the mixtape had just all the objective modes except for CTF. Boy do I hate playing CTF in any FPS that is not Team Fortress.

Woo-Fu

Banned
I think I'm done trying to make sense of the Mastiff. I've shot people with it at point blank and it didn't kill them. I've shot people in close range twice and it didn't kill them.

I see absolutely no reason why you would use it over the EVA when the EVA can consistently kill people just fine and shoots significantly faster. It's incredibly fun to use, but the inconsistency makes me want to tear my hair out.

One important thing the mastiff has over the eva is that if you ADS you can snipe with it. It has very long range.

EFJO

Neo Member
I woke up this morning wanting to play it all day, especially after playing with some of you last night. So much fun.

How's the population on PC? Want to pick this one up but not if the game is dead on arrival.

EA should really consider doing an Origin Access trial like they did for BF1.

SwolBro

Banned
The female Grapple, Pulse Blade, and Holo Pilot character models are so good, but I'm stuck using this anorexic robot because of stim.

Respawn pls.

I wish we could just choose whatever model. The character silhouettes/designs are much less important during combat than the Titan chassis'. Everyone's just aiming at the orange nuclear reactors or health bars anyway. On occasion a green reactor because you picked up a battery.

At least let me look good while everyone with pulse blade and map hack lights me up from across the map.

Yeah i love the grapple pilot look.

I thought they decreased the orange glow but it's still pretty bad. it needs another reduction. there's so much fucking orange going on it's starting to make me dizzy.

The fixes they made to the tech test needs to be done again

• Reduce the glow more
  • Increase time to trigger map hack
  • map hack/pule blade/tone's sonar should only be visible to user
  • heatlh regen or ttk should increase

These are changes that will go a long way in making the game better. I'm sure they'll address the map hacks but they'll probably stay stubborn on the other changes until later when the complaints don't stop.

Yeah i love the grapple pilot look.

I thought they decreased the orange glow but it's still pretty bad. it needs another reduction. there's so much fucking orange going on it's starting to make me dizzy.

The fixes they made to the tech test needs to be done again

• Reduce the glow more
  • Increase time to trigger map hack
  • map hack/pule blade/tone's sonar should only be visible to user
  • heatlh regen or ttk should increase

These are changes that will go a long way in making the game better. I'm sure they'll address the map hacks but they'll probably stay stubborn on the other changes until later when the complaints don't stop.

Glow needs to be removed 100%, period. The enemy team is already covered in fucking orange lights everywhere we dont need the additional glow lol.

Map hack needs to be removed.... Pulse blades do need to be per user...

OR we need a hard counter perk to map hacks and pulse blades (i.e. Ghost) etc. And that would be the only fucking perk i'd use... ever lol.

The see everyone through walls thing is super cheesy and doesn't belong in any slightly competitive FPS without a hard counter.

Time to kill need to be increased a good amount or they need to fix the online performance with lag comp or whatever it is that's allowing the CoD BLOPs1 style hit around corners deaths constantly. I'm getting kills i KNOW i shouldn't get at times and getting slaughtered as i'm well behind a corner or cover in my instance of the game. This isn't a every few match occurrence but a ever single encounter occurrence.

The lag/hit detection/time to kill is the largest issues for me personally.

SwolBro

Banned
Glow needs to be removed 100%, period. The enemy team is already covered in fucking orange lights everywhere we dont need the additional glow lol.

Map hack needs to be removed.... Pulse blades do need to be per user...

OR we need a hard counter perk to map hacks and pulse blades (i.e. Ghost) etc. And that would be the only fucking perk i'd use... ever lol.

The see everyone through walls thing is super cheesy and doesn't belong in any slightly competitive FPS without a hard counter.

yeah, i'd love for it to be completely gone but clearly someone over there keeps fighting for it to stay in. The best i think we'll get is another reduction, hopefully this time it's significant.

As for map hacks i think the change is coming. I just hope they apply it to pulse blade and tone's sonar as well.

Victrix

*beard*
I wanted to be sure, does phase shift free Ronin from Northstar's trap ? The one that attaches your cockpit to the ground. I assume it does, but it's hard to tell.
(Still trying to find counter-measures against that knife-wielding thug. :p)

Sure does. Go aerial to avoid his cleaving (... and then eat shotgun blasts up the ass if he isn't using core, uh, yeah).

I also realized I still haven't reached peak Ronin, I haven't been dumping smoke on my prey while cleaving them.

I'll post some videos once I've got some quality footage, I had a ton of 1v1 victories last night, but chopping up a poor Legion who can't even face you doesn't make for good titantv.

yeah, i'd love for it to be completely gone but clearly someone over there keeps fighting for it to stay in. The best i think we'll get is another reduction, hopefully this time it's significant.

As for map hacks i think the change is coming. I just hope they apply it to pulse blade and tone's sonar as well.

I suspect the reasoning for it (and it's solid) is that it keeps the pace of the game up and massively discourages camping. I personally rarely bat an eye if I get map hacked because I'm usually turboing around the map and I still surprise people even though I'm visible through walls. And I could give a shit if I'm painted while in my Titan.

That said, a full team of map hack + sonar + tone is beyond fucking obnoxious, and the lack of a hard counter to any of those wallhacks is dumb.

I think I'd rather see a reduction in their power vs a ghost perk that every single player will want to run (you should already be running low profile on every single pilot).

I just dont get it. People are walking fucking christmas trees as is with leds stuck all over their entire body and they have god damn blowtorch trails coming out of their asses lol.

And yeah there is no excuse for the map hack. That shit kills games it just needs to be removed. They dont even need to replace it with anything just take that boost out.

The blades can stay IF there is a hard counter perk that makes you permanently invisible to them. Take out the pointless hover and wall hang and throw in some useful stuff in their places.

Give us two new pilot kits like...

1) Wraith - Immune to sonar blade pulses (or give this perk to low profile)
2) Battery Hack - Increase battery removal speed from titan and shorten duration of post-removal battery icon (maybe even take the visual clue of the battery on your but from the enemy's view of you)

You guys are welcome Respawn ;)

Why would you get rid of the only good modes though?

Lol what?!

Ok attrition is fun every now and then... bounty hunt isn't horrid... but they're both super casual pub modes that i personally play one or two rounds of to warm up before i play the more competitive modes.

To each his or her own. If you prefer the PvE focused mob based gametypes that's great. I like to test my skill with more direct player vs player interaction.

SwolBro

Banned
I just dont get it. People are walking fucking christmas trees as is with leds stuck all over their entire body and they have god damn blowtorch trails coming out of their asses lol.

And yeah there is no excuse for the map hack. That shit kills games it just needs to be removed. They dont even need to replace it with anything just take that boost out.

The blades can stay IF there is a hard counter perk that makes you permanently invisible to them. Take out the pointless hover and wall hang and throw in some useful stuff in their places.

)

Devs are weird like that. It seems they never assume shit will be abused in the real world. How can you not see that map hack is obnoxious? That there's already two other sonar type perks in the game. How can they not realize allowing pulse blade to be shown to teammates is a bad thing?

I'm sure their reasoning was that it will reduce camping or whatever but they don't consider the compounding effect of what happens when multiple people run it in conjunction with the other obnoxious wall hack perks.

Active radar wasn't all that much of a problem in titanfall 1 but mainly because stim was that much better to equip, they could have kept pulse blade like that, nope, they go and make it stronger. I don't get it. These type of perks should be there for casual players, as crutches to help them learn the maps, to help them have a chance when first starting to play the game.

And then making you GLOW bright orange on top of it smh. What's the point of fucking camo or skins when all you see is a bright orange outline?????

Things like this i'll never ever understand.

E92 M3

I don't want to see any titans nerfed - fuck that shit. Buff the weaker ones and make them more exciting. Nerfing everything frustrates the crap out of me. One of the big reasons MW2 was so good was to the viability of the complete sandbox.

Devs are weird like that. It seems they never assume shit will be abused in the real world. How can you not see that map hack is obnoxious? That there's already two other sonar type perks in the game. How can they not realize allowing pulse blade to be shown to teammates is a bad thing?

I'm sure their reasoning was that it will reduce camping or whatever but they don't consider the compounding effect of what happens when multiple people run it in conjunction with the other obnoxious wall hack perks.

Active radar wasn't all that much of a problem in titanfall 1 but mainly because stim was that much better to equip, they could have kept pulse blade like that, nope, they go and make it stronger. I don't get it. These type of perks should be there for casual players, as crutches to help them learn the maps, to help them have a chance when first starting to play the game.

And then making you GLOW bright orange on top of it smh. What's the point of fucking camo or skins when all you see is a bright orange outline?????

Things like this i'll never ever understand.

Yup, exactly.

I also get it will potentially reduce camping but hell make them pop on the radar when sitting still NOT through the damn entire map! lol

Personally i'd be completely happy with them removing all "through wall" visual stuff and moving to radar only queues.

SwolBro

Banned
Yup, exactly.

I also get it will potentially reduce camping but hell make them pop on the radar when sitting still NOT through the damn entire map! lol

Personally i'd be completely happy with them removing all "through wall" visual stuff and moving to radar only queues.

that's such an easy fix to camping it's mind boggling why that hasn't been implemented before.

such a simple fucking fix: you sit in a specific radius too long and you glow orange and show up as a single dot on the radar. BAM camping is fucking fixed.

Went through the campaign finding all the collectables - completed campaign on hard, but the achievement for doing so is still locked, despite all the missions showing as completed at that difficulty on the level select screen. Annoying!

Love the game though, Respawn did so good!

HelloMeow

I don't want to see any titans nerfed - fuck that shit. Buff the weaker ones and make them more exciting. Nerfing everything frustrates the crap out of me. One of the big reasons MW2 was so good was to the viability of the complete sandbox.

But especially noobtubes combined with one man army and commando, right?

Rocketz

Well I'm picking it up tonight after work. I loved the first and it will be considered the one of the best of the generation, but I'm in the tech test didn't go so well group.

I'm hoping the full game changes my mind.

that's such an easy fix to camping it's mind boggling why that hasn't been implemented before.

such a simple fucking fix: you sit in a specific radius too long and you glow orange and show up as a single dot on the radar. BAM camping is fucking fixed.

That's what i'm thinking!

You camp you appear on radar. You get hit with a sonar blade... radar. NOT through walls via God mode.

And NO disrespect to Respawn here with any of this...

I'm no game developer and i'm completely aware that i dont know jack about real game balance and all of the other consequences likely involved with tweaking seemingly simple things... i just want to see the game do well, get better and stick around for as long as possible :)

Feel free to call me(us) out and explain why any of our ideas would never work lol.

MattyG

Banned
I need weapon recommendations. I'm still using the first AR, and getting kind of bored of it but I can't tell what else is good.

Ken

I need weapon recommendations. I'm still using the first AR, and getting kind of bored of it but I can't tell what else is good.

Same, but I want more precise marksman rifle. Something like the Battle Rifle or DMR from Halo or some of the super stable assault rifles from CoD.

Is the G2 supposed to be that archetype? I can't remember from campaign.

JJShadow

This is maybe my main complaint, I've been using the G201 since my first MP game and I don't see any reason to stop using it, it feels like they gave us the best weapon already unlocked since the very beginning

Mechazawa

One important thing the mastiff has over the eva is that if you ADS you can snipe with it. It has very long range.

Sure, I've definitely killed people with it at ranges that eclipse the EVA, but that's not a realistic use-case that you can consistently bank on because the spread gets huge and the travel time gets real. It's also just not enough of an offset, at least for me, especially when I'm having enough issues as is making sure enough of those line of bullets/contrails are hitting an enemy at close proximity.

Maybe I'm just super terrible with the gun, but I look at the EVA and it's: hitscan, shoots in a cone, has a hilarious firing rate next to the Mastiff and it even holds way more shells regardless or whether or not you use the ammo increase attachments on either gun. Granted, I used it a ton in the first game and it seems to function more or less the same here, but familiarity aside, I still feel like it's a significantly more wieldy weapon.

There has to be a way to get more people playing CTF. Perhaps having only three game modes will work: Attrition, Bounty, Variety. I also like the idea of giving extra XP for team-based game modes to help attract people.

It really is a shame that there isn't a CTF community for the TF games. I understand that the newer gamers prefer deathmatch style games because they're faster paced and you don't need to coordinate with anyone but they really are missing out on the best of multiplayer gaming. I think that newer/younger players don't have the patience for a 5 second respawn and don't have an appreciation for strategy and teamwork.

With CTF, you have offense and defense - and at the end of the match, a winner and a loser. With Attrition/Bounty, you're just on offense the entire time. Everyone wants to feel like they win every round and that's what happens with Attrition or Bounty. They're very self-serving game modes. CTF requires a team effort and a balanced approach and it's already impossible to find these matches in TF2 during release week...

I basically need to play R6 Siege for this type of strategy in a shooter (which is an amazing game) but I want to have that strategy mixed-in with the TF2 mechanics. I think CTF in TF2 could be like a modern-day Quake 3 CTF but it needs to have enough people playing it regularly. I tried all weekend and yesterday and only played one match of CTF in the west region. :(

Difficult when no one has mics.

Gator86

I would like to see a change to nuclear eject where it should have a 2 second grace period where the enemy titan can execute the titan going nuclear and cancel it. It is really annoying getting people to doomed state with ronin and they just go nuclear eject and kill you when you are in sword core.

Yeah, I still really hate nuclear eject, even when I'm using it. This change would make it so not having a dash core, being blocked by teammates or a friendly reaper, etc., doesn't mean automatic death.

Pulses and map hacks.

Jumped into an 8v8 game where a clan had it. That was pretty annoying, lol.

Definitely needs to be a change. Like someone else said, make it so that only the person who uses it can see. Or just have the enemies show up on radar. OR some sort of counter to it.

Starting to have fun with titans. 90% of my time was spent as a pilot. I made the mistake of calling them in right away but I'm actually being patient and keeping track of how many titans are already out.

Currently at work but I just want to play! My sleeping pattern is not the same anymore but I'm perfectly fine with that, haha

This is maybe my main complaint, I've been using the G201 since my first MP game and I don't see any reason to stop using it, it feels like they gave us the best weapon already unlocked since the very beginning

I sometimes feel like that but then sometimes i feel that everything is so viable it really comes down to just picking what you feel like using at the time and you'll be able to compete with it.

Anything aside from the grenadier class weapons... they basically seem like anti titan weapons in your primary spot. The EPG1 and micro missile one are ok for Pilots though.

Pulses and map hacks.

Jumped into an 8v8 game where a clan had it. That was pretty annoying, lol.

Definitely needs to be a change. Like someone else said, make it so that only the person who uses it can see. Or just have the enemies show up on radar. OR some sort of counter to it.

Agree it's super annoying, stim doesn't boost the whole teams speed ffs.

Personally I can't handle not playing with stim or grapple, too much loss of speed otherwise, people seem content to camping it up with cloak though. Each to their own but titanfall for me is about movement.

Agree it's super annoying, stim doesn't boost the whole teams speed ffs.

Personally I can't handle not playing with stim or grapple, too much loss of speed otherwise, people seem content to camping it up with cloak though. Each to their own but titanfall for me is about movement.

Same. I need stim, grapple or phase shift. Everything else just makes the game feel sooooooo slooooooow. It's kind of depressing when i need to use cloak and cap a hardpoint i feel like a turtle (or like i'm playing CoD lol).

Same. I need stim, grapple or phase shift. Everything else just makes the game feel sooooooo slooooooow. It's kind of depressing when i need to use cloak and cap a hardpoint i feel like a turtle (or like i'm playing CoD lol).

What are you like at slide hopping? I can go round corners in a constant direction but am struggling to go straight where you continuously move left right left right etc, any tips? When do you change direction? As you jump, peak of jump?

Had some games with some of those on the Neogaf network last night. Fun times, though no one wanted to accept the invites for whoever was trying to do CTF lol.

Got to 47 last night. The flatline is the biggest flaming trash pile ever, so that's disappointing. Virtually useless at long range. Just like R1, the 201 remains the most balanced and versatile weapon in the game. I'm still loving my volt tho.

Also, spent 300 credits on that grand theft execution. How dumb am I?

What are you like at slide hopping? I can go round corners in a constant direction but am struggling to go straight where you continuously move left right left right etc, any tips? When do you change direction? As you jump, peak of jump?

I'm actually pretty damn good at the movement (if i dont say so myself lol) and chaining runs to slides and hops to span distances.

First tip i could give is look far ahead... just like they tell you when you learn to drive. Dont focus on right in front of you... keep looking ahead 3-4 jumps in the distance and plan your route accordingly.

Best way i found when getting used to the hop is to pre-load your crouch in air (it will "stick" once you press it in air and be ready for when you touch the ground to jump again).

You can wall-run on almost everything regardless of how short or small it looks. I'll use single crates or short railings to continue my route. Look for anything vertical and try to plan accordingly for quick on-off insta-transitions.

The only other thing i could offer is in regards to speed. The less time on the wall the faster you'll be. If you can leap from wall to wall quickly it seems to be the best way to get to max velocity and keep it. I believe they even say so in one of those loading screen tips. Hit your wall, then immediately jump to the next within a few steps and keep going looking in the distance and realizing you can slide or hop for a good distance before you start to lose too much speed.

Played MP for the first time (and the first shooter MP I've played in years). A lot of fun. I especially like Bounty Hunt. Wall-running and grapple hooking as Titans fight around you is awesome. And that's the only mode where I got a legit kill so far (does taking down a Titan count as a kill?)

But either way, just parkouring around the chaos and taking potshots is fun

Air strafing takes a lot of practice, I can't execute it consistently with plenty of usage, basically you want to hold left or right on your movement stick (left or A/D), and slowly move your aim stick (right or mouse) to the same direction, you can't change direction during a slide hop with other means.

Haines

Banned
Played MP for the first time (and the first shooter MP I've played in years). A lot of fun. I especially like Bounty Hunt. Wall-running and grapple hooking as Titans fight around you is awesome. And that's the only mode where I got a legit kill so far (does taking down a Titan count as a kill?)

But either way, just parkouring around the chaos and taking potshots is fun

Sometimes chaos just erupts around you and it feels like a god damn setpiece

I can understand why ea set this up against cod, bc its fucking awesome. But if they were going to do it they should have marketed it as the cod killer kind of like killzone 2 back in the day

B00TE

Gonna try playing with the gravity star a bit more today. I like my arc grenades, but I want to try running grav star/mastiff when I unlock the latter (which will be soon).

Sometimes chaos just erupts around you and it feels like a god damn setpiece
I turned a corner and a Titan was releasing a missile salvo at an enemy one that was closing in with a shield while I grapple-hooked and leaped overhead onto another rooftop

I think that was the moment where I knew I was going to really like this multiplayer

Kade

Having an issue with a Network I created with some friends. The Network region keeps changing to random regions in the game and on the website and we think it's affecting the Happy Hour time. I keep setting Happy Hour to 5PM but it always ends up starting at 1PM instead.

Top Bottom