• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

There are a lot of people that have no idea how to play Bounty Hunter, a $4000 difference should not happen

It's still not my favorite, and it's really complex and overwhelming at first. Like, why do I want to run around the map using the tiny circle minimap and risk getting killed to deposit my $40 bounty? I think I helped turn around a game I was in last minute, so I think I'm just now understanding it.

Jarmel

Banned
Okay, so this is an obscure question, but it's been bothering me.

What is the exact term for the mech aesthetic that Titanfall uses?

TV tropes divides them between Super Robots, which Titanfall is definitely not, and Real Robots, which are closer to the truth here.

But that tells me the way in which these robots are used. Not what their looks are called.

Because there are different kinds.

Gundam Robots generally look look like humanoid robots that are huge. You see few moving parts and the body looks like it could be a suit rather than a full on mechanical being. I feel most robots fall into this kind of catergory.

Then you have Robots like Metal Gear. These are not humanoid, but are also incredibly sleek and cohesive looking.

Robots like Mech Warrior seem closest to what Titanfall has. Titanfall's robots are more humanoid than Metal Gears, but they most certainly don't look like a suit that a man could put on.

Can anyone help me out with the technical terms for it?

They would be Real Robot with a similarity to VOTOMS. There is no real terminology besides saying that they look like grunt units.

It's still not my favorite, and it's really complex and overwhelming at first. Like, why do I want to run around the map using the tiny circle minimap and risk getting killed to deposit my $40 bounty? I think I helped turn around a game I was in last minute, so I think I'm just now understanding it.

My main gripe is that some of the maps are way too big for a mode like this

Yay teamwork?

And also, the PC update moved around the video settings a bit. Vsync Double Buffered isn't an option anymore, and I'm getting some tearing on Adaptive. How does the adaptive resolution work? I'm getting mostly 60fps now, but if this helps with a steady 60 and no tearing, I'm all for it.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Hit my Regen, have a handful of weapons also on the second gen but I'm really liking the G2 now. Been having a lot of good Attrition games but this is the first time I broke 200.

Iz1GtE4.jpg

Very skillfully achieved via spinning in circles as Legion with smart core three times.

Another night of win after win. It's always a treat to group up with all the GAF people.
Play with Codeacious on PC and it's the norm.
Welp Code

you da MVP
...we're making tons of people quit this game out of frustration by decimating them, aren't we?
how do I join the gaf network on pc. and yea I played one ctf match and it was a slog. joined in when we had 1 cap vs opposing team 0 and just stalemated afterwards.
Check the post directly under the OP.

Animator

Another night of win after win. It's always a treat to group up with all the GAF people.

...we're making tons of people quit this game out of frustration by decimating them, aren't we?

Check the post directly under the OP.

Yea I don't think we have lost a match since we grouped up. It's mostly you though, I can't take much credit. :)

Okay, so this is an obscure question, but it's been bothering me.

What is the exact term for the mech aesthetic that Titanfall uses?

TV tropes divides them between Super Robots, which Titanfall is definitely not, and Real Robots, which are closer to the truth here.

But that tells me the way in which these robots are used. Not what their looks are called.

Because there are different kinds.

Gundam Robots generally look look like humanoid robots that are huge. You see few moving parts and the body looks like it could be a suit rather than a full on mechanical being. I feel most robots fall into this kind of catergory.

Then you have Robots like Metal Gear. These are not humanoid, but are also incredibly sleek and cohesive looking.

Robots like Mech Warrior seem closest to what Titanfall has. Titanfall's robots are more humanoid than Metal Gears, but they most certainly don't look like a suit that a man could put on.

Can anyone help me out with the technical terms for it?

Notice Titans don't have heads while traditional Japanese mechs tend to have something that can be vaguely identified as a head?

So I suppose you can call them Headless-Humanoids.

Victrix

*beard*
The moment to moment gameplay in this game is so fucking good.

Also my Ronin skills are improving, you can absolutely slaughter every other titan in 1v1 combat with him once you know how to chain his skills properly.

Victrix

*beard*
Have you slaughtered a Legion in 1v1 yet?

Easily, he can't do anything to Ronin (maybe not quite as hilarious a shutdown on Legion as Ion's Vortex Shield, but it's close).

Arc Blade, dash, unload shotgun, start reload, phase dash, Arc Blade, unload shotgun, go for execute. Not dead? Hold block while your dash/phase/blade recharges, repeat.

You can often squeeze in a 'free' mag dump or two depending on the angles. The initial arc blade is unnecessary if you sneak up on your target, but if you're straight on, it lets you freeze them in place and then dash once to get on their flank and unload shotgun/melee with no risk of retaliation. Phase to other side, repeat.

Arc stuns targets and locks them in place, and Legion is already slow and has one dash max, so its pretty trivial to pull off.

edit: Also killing one Titan tends to charge your Sword Core and SC recharges your abilities, makes dash refresh fast, and does insane damage up close. Mega fun.

The female Grapple, Pulse Blade, and Holo Pilot character models are so good, but I'm stuck using this anorexic robot because of stim.

Respawn pls.

I wish we could just choose whatever model. The character silhouettes/designs are much less important during combat than the Titan chassis'. Everyone's just aiming at the orange nuclear reactors or health bars anyway. On occasion a green reactor because you picked up a battery.

At least let me look good while everyone with pulse blade and map hack lights me up from across the map.

mjp2417

Banned
Being vertical and mobile is far less important in this game than the original. Maybe on PC it's different but on console people on the ground can have a lot of success.

They really fucked strafing in this. This is probably my number 1 complaint. I was absolutely thrilled with Titanfall 1 strafing. Simply jumping right and cutting left could throw someone completely off or you could just strafe too death and they'd miss every shot. Add in the amazing stim and you could have actual GUN FIGHTS.

this isn't much the case here. The only way you're getting a gun fight out of this game is if someone flat out fucks up and misses the bulk of their first shots. Stim aint saving you, strafe dodging aint saving you, jumping aint saving you. No fun. Taking a 1 burst hemlock to the head from miles away is also no fun, i don't have much fun doing it to other people either.

This isn't all respawns fault. People bitched and bitched and bitched that there were no gun varieties in Tf1. Now we have these insane distance weapons with no real shortcomings up close because you can equip and absurd shotgun pistol lol.

sigh... this needs some fucking tweaks. NOW.

It's the same on PC, unfortunately. TF1 generated crazy memorable encounters and scenarios on the fly; this one doesn't do that, but it does have more number bars going up between matches. It is what it is.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I played a bit last night. By 'bit' I mean I ran The Guantlet 30 times. Got 4th place but I'm not moving on till I've got the hang of this. Feels awesome when you chain everything together.

Animator

I would like to see a change to nuclear eject where it should have a 2 second grace period where the enemy titan can execute the titan going nuclear and cancel it. It is really annoying getting people to doomed state with ronin and they just go nuclear eject and kill you when you are in sword core.

Let's try this again...

any PC EU-based folks here? On the Frankfurt server?
Would really like to get a crew going so we can play regularly.
Reply to this post with your Origin ID.

my Origin ID: john385

biteren

oh man, Ion is my jam! i got my whole statergy on point!

lasershot is a home wrecker and can be very annoying if you got cover! (also great for popping ejecting pilots)

Victrix

*beard*
I would like to see a change to nuclear eject where it should have a 2 second grace period where the enemy titan can execute the titan going nuclear and cancel it. It is really annoying getting people to doomed state with ronin and they just go nuclear eject and kill you when you are in sword core.

Sword core gives you fast dash refresh. Dash or phase away.

Logsi

Multiplayer is really clicking now. There is games where I feel like I'm absolutely destroying and rolling with the punches then when it comes to the scores I'm bottom of my team.

Joined the GAF network.

And the SP..oh my. Don't get taken in by the hype but there is some really cool set pieces and mechanics that really made me smile and I usually only get that from Ninty games.

Sojgat

I think I'm done trying to make sense of the Mastiff. I've shot people with it at point blank and it didn't kill them. I've shot people in close range twice and it didn't kill them.

I see absolutely no reason why you would use it over the EVA when the EVA can consistently kill people just fine and shoots significantly faster. It's incredibly fun to use, but the inconsistency makes me want to tear my hair out.

I've noticed this too.

It does seem weirdly inconsistent. Mainly at close range. The first couple of times it happened I thought maybe the other player was just hitting the melee first, but it wasn't that. Plenty of times I've chased players down and killed them after a point blank shot seemingly did nothing.

Roussow

So at first I was just using the smart pistol as a great form of A.I crowd control -- but it's actually pretty effective against Pilots, I tried getting the full lock on a few times, and generally it wasn't as effective as my primary, but if you just rapidly fire that thing you can take pilots down with ease within 5 or 6 rapid shots, it's probably the best weapon for firing while wallrunning / jumping.

Oh -- and any good advanced tutorial videos on movement?

Top Bottom