• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Codiox

I didn't have so much fun since bf4. This game is awesome. The movement is so good, you have so much control over the pilot. The sliding is a game changer for MP FPS.

Also having way to much fun with the first weapon and scorch. Haven't tried anything else yet. Could play attrition for hours. Didn't tried the other modes yet. Are they fun?

JaMarco

Also having way to much fun with the first weapon and scorch. Haven't tried anything else yet. Could play attrition for hours. Didn't tried the other modes yet. Are they fun?
Skirmish is amazing to me, but it's mixed with dumb Hardpoint.

Legion is a problem.

Yup. I've given this a lot of thought and I think a more reasonable magazine would probably do the trick. I'm fine with lots of armor but slow. And I'm even fine with higher damage. But those two combined with what seems like an unlimited amount of ammo becomes problematic.

E: and as I think about it more, he doesn't really have a solid counter. Ronin kinda but you usually get shredded pretty quick before you get close and when you do, Ronin's damage isn't quite high enough to really have a fighting chance. Ronin could really use either faster reload or another round or two in the clip.

Gator86

Yup. I've given this a lot of thought and I think a more reasonable magazine would probably do the trick. I'm fine with lots of armor but slow. And I'm even fine with higher damage. But those two combined with what seems like an unlimited amount of ammo becomes problematic.

I'd be fine with this. Tone has to take a hit from the bat as well though. Maybe add more required hits to acquire lock-on for missles?

Peaked at 29K yesterday on XB1, is now 27K

But it's still kinda early, should go up over the next hour or so

I think the player base is going to get bigger over time. A lot of big name websites and reviewers have been showing Titanfall 2 a lot of love (that it deserves).

Just reposting for a new page, but Ion is the counter for Legion. Get up close and let him try to burn into your arc shield, dash around him, get a kill from basically holding one button. If you do the amped damage return from the shield it's almost guaranteed.

Just reposting for a new page, but Ion is the counter for Legion. Get up close and let him try to burn into your arc shield, dash around him, get a kill from basically holding one button. If you do the amped damage return from the shield it's almost guaranteed.

Yeah but that Legion shield offers some protection and ion runs outta shield long before legion runs outta bullets

Arrrammis

Apparently Jim Sterling gave Tif2 a 9.5?

Also cloak is a problem.

I think overall cloak isn't so bad. the enemy shows up as a white human-shaped target that's only really hard too see when you're in a titan, which is the intent. Not nearly as bad as the map hack perk or Legion's 10000000 bullet clip.

Legion is easy to take down if you have cover, but so many maps are just wide open lanes where Legion can lay waste to everyone. And no, Ion is not a good reason for saying Legion is balanced. Legion can shoot for longer than Ion can keep his shield up, and if the Legion has half a brain, they'll just wait until the shield is used up anyways.

Gator86

No he is not in any way. Legion has a hard counter in the form of Ion. The only unbalanced titan is Tone.

I do think Legion is basically fine. As people have mentioned, he has practically no mobility. That said, an incredibly small nerf to something like clip size might help people deal with him a little better.

And yeah, Tone is fucked. She has no weakness and is an unstoppable killing machine in every context versus any enemy.

Zemm

I'm sorry but the real answer is take LTS or Amped Hardpoint (this one is actual garbage) and put either on the second page.

wtf2_zpsdf922240.gif

Gator86

Tone is fine, don't you dare suggest anything else about her.

No, she's an abomination. All the other titans have a weakness or a lack of strengths, like Ion. For Legion, he's immobile and can be negated by staying out of the lane he's guarding. For Scorch, he's also slow and can be negated by staying at range. Same for Ronin. Getting close deletes Northstar from the game basically. Tone has no range or situation that doesn't suit her. She's favored in all match-up and contexts.

Yeah but that Legion shield offers some protection and ion runs outta shield long before legion runs outta bullets

Take the extra dash, I've had no problems closing gaps whatsoever and the extra is just what you need to boost right past his shield; they literally can't turn fast enough to block it.

This weekend will be the biggest test with CoD coming out

That's what has been bothering me slightly. Most people getting CoD are doing so for the MW MP remaster, when the same studio who made it released this game that surpasses it on every level. From gunplay, movement, weapons, etc. I just don't understand consumers. :p

FStop7

Banned
Tone Loc, baby.

I'm getting ok at killing titans on foot with the MGL. I use my own titan as bait while I flank them.

Any consensus on primary weapons in terms of advantages? I actually like using an LMG because it has little recoil and an 80 round mag.

Used to think so too until I discovered the CAR. All about that no ADS life.

Fixed that for you

is there some perk thing that makes you run around incredibly fast and headshot instantly or did I just vs a god

They're probably using the smart pistol.

So what do I need to know from Titanfall 1 before I start single player?

I played TF1 and didn't know or remember anything about the story or the world and I loved the single player. I think there are videos you can watch but to me the story was pretty much non existent in the first game

Alienfan

Master is pretty difficult on foot though IMO, since my regular play through I've been trying that and you really take a huge beating as Cooper. Titan sections aren't too bad
yet
though. It's pretty hard to really have a regular flow in that, especially if it's your first time playing the game. New players should stick to hard.

I can't imagine those boss fights towards the end would be easy on master, I struggled on normal

RedFury

No, she's an abomination. All the other titans have a weakness or a lack of strengths, like Ion. For Legion, he's immobile and can be negated by staying out of the lane he's guarding. For Scorch, he's also slow and can be negated by staying at range. Same for Ronin. Getting close deletes Northstar from the game basically. Tone has no range or situation that doesn't suit her. She's favored in all match-up and contexts.
I disagree. Tone is weak when you close in on her with a Legion, Scorch, or Ronin. They out DPS by a large margin. I'd argue Scorch is OP :p He melt titans (literally) with Amped flame shield. It pierces Legion shield and you can push tone behind her shield. Lob incendiary traps behind the shield and hit the outer radius with thermite or flame wall and her safe spot is now a kill zone. I love putting up flame shield watching them melt and when the pilot ejects the incinerate too. The thermite launcher per shot is probably 2nd most damaging shot in the game so sleeping on his long game is a huge mistake.

Valient

Does anyone else feel motion sick when playing the game for extended periods?

Was trying to get in the top 3 of the gauntlet, but after 30 minutes I felt like puking.

This typically never happens to me while playing video games.

This only happen to me with games that have low FOV try increasing it. Only some first person shooters do that too me but its mostly a console problem.

Gator86

I disagree. Tone is weak when you close in on her with a Legion, Scorch, or Ronin. They out DPS by a large margin. I'd argue Scorch is OP :p He melt titans (literally) with Amped flame shield. It pierces Legion shield and you can push tone behind her shield. Lob incendiary traps behind the shield and hit the outer radius with thermite or flame wall and her safe spot is now a kill zone. I love putting up flame shield watching them melt and when the pilot ejects the incinerate too. The thermite launcher per shot is probably 2nd most damaging shot in the game so sleeping on his long game is a huge mistake.

I guess a lot depends on the mode. I'm about to regen my pilot and I only play Attrition. I'm not sure I've ever, ever died to a Scorch in a Titan. He's a fucking turtle and has zero range. Aside from hilariously bad Tone play, I'm unsure as to how he would kill her with her vastly superior range and mobility.

Animator

I do think Legion is basically fine. As people have mentioned, he has practically no mobility. That said, an incredibly small nerf to something like clip size might help people deal with him a little better.

And yeah, Tone is fucked. She has no weakness and is an unstoppable killing machine in every context versus any enemy.

Legions clip size is already not that big and it takes forever to reload and spin that gun again. He has next to zero counter against pilots jumping on him other than electric smoke he can only use once. Ion can shit on him from a distance with the lazer and vortex all day. I destroy like 2-3 Legions a game without taking any damage. He is hilariously easy to deal with.

Tone can go get fucked. They need to do something about Tone fast and I mean in a week tops fast because Tone is shitting on the multiplayer big time right now along with map hack bullshit. They might as well call the game Tonefall 2 at this point because I have yet to play a game where I see another titan on the enemy team these past two days.

deoee

On all those gifs and videos there's huge HUD elements that just obscure half the screen - like the Gamercards and the tips for what Amped weapons are etc.

Can you turn them off?

Top Bottom