• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Gator86

I'm going to assume it's so the Grenadier class could exist at all. Not that I see any of those weapons used ever, considering the only one of them that isn't completely godawful is the EPG.

If you take a grenadier weapon and an AT weapon, you deny yourself a pistol as backup for when you're directly engaged up close. It seems like the 3-weapon system was eschewed for the sake of simplicity, and so people would have to make a decision between grenadier weapons and AT weapons.

Easy decision, obvs. But that's just me theorizing. No actual info.

Maybe this it? It mostly seems like a bad game design choice. People who eschew an anti-Titan weapon are basically dooming their team. They're essential for chipping away at enemy titans and distracting them during team fights. I can't count how many times a handful of mag grenades have drawn an enemy titans attention toward me only for them to get fucked wrecking once they're focused on chasing me down.

It turns this game into Battlefield, where if you're not one of two classes and see a vehicle, you're fucked or running for your life. I haven't even messed with the sidearms because it seems unfair to my team.

SkylineRKR

The removal of a pistol is odd. I like the Pistols but I want to dish out damage to Titans which also builds up meter. I also killed a few titans with those weapons, some seem to be absolutely clueless on where it comes from. I have a pistol loadout for Pilot vs Pilot but not much else.

I quite like Volt as well.

I think the only gun I don't like is the grenadier grenade launcher. Don't find it fits with the movement in the game.

This is literally the only game where, when I unlock a new gun, I almost always try it out. For a few reasons:
1. To get merits faster
2. To see if it feels as great as all the other weapons in the game.

This is also the only shooter where I have multiple load outs configured. I normally stick to one favourite, but here, I have many.

Can't wait for tonight so I can jump on and play.
This is why I appreciate the merit system quite a bit since it encourages you to try new weapons so you can level up faster. In terms of loadouts for me as well it is one of the few shooters I have multiple loadouts mainly because of the pilot abilities. But those loadouts have weapons that play to the strengths of the pilot abilities as well.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
really want to play through the campaign again on the hardest difficulty but i should probably wait for my Pro to arrive
fklEsqf.png

im_dany

Finished the campaign. Even if I can't like this multiplayer (I still highly prefer the first one), the campaign is too good. GOTY for me so far, better than Doom

RedFury

I'd love a breakdown of all the titan and weapon stats. The in-game ones are almost always bullshit.
I was planning on going into a private match with a brother and testing out damages for titan abilities, weapons, etc. against heavy, med, and light chassis. Wanted to know exactly how many shots exactly a thermite launcher needs to reach doom state on a Legion Vs a Ronin/Northstar. I wanted to do that for everyone...but then I just find myself playing and having fun instead sorry guys :(

Ok I've gotten a really bizarre glitch where my controller stops working and the game becomes unusable, where my pilot will only aim down the sits and shoot automatically. I always have to exit the whole game to get it to stop. Unplugging the controller and trying to use keyboard and mouse does nothing, the game appears to freak out and keeps going between thinking a controller is plugged in and isn't.

I was planning on going into a private match with a brother and testing out damages for titan abilities, weapons, etc. against heavy, med, and light chassis. Wanted to know exactly how many shots exactly a thermite launcher needs to reach doom state on a Legion Vs a Ronin/Northstar. I wanted to do that for everyone...but then I just find myself playing and having fun instead sorry guys :(

Ha ha no worries. In the COD world there is a guy named Marvel4 who actually gets the gun and attachment stats from the game files and publishes them in a Google spreadsheet. It's really useful and interesting to see things either confirmed or denied that you thought you knew about guns. A lot more useful than "Just use the Alternator! 10/10!"

B00TE

Just had an amusing back and forth in my last match. I was just goofing off in my doomed ronin and ambushing other titans that my team were engaging. They'd turn around to see me in my doomed state and start charging at me (a scorch and Ion), I backed up, using the sword as soon as they hit doomed themselves from my team to execute and finish them. Played out the same way twice, lol. Had one nice phase dash at the end of the match where I was running low on health chasing down a straggler trying to escape, dashed behind him and got him from behind with the execution. Fuckin' love it.

Gator86

Haha happens to the best of us. Game is too addictive.

Ha ha no worries. In the COD world there is a guy named Marvel4 who actually gets the gun and attachment stats from the game files and publishes them in a Google spreadsheet. It's really useful and interesting to see things either confirmed or denied that you thought you knew about guns. A lot more useful than "Just use the Alternator! 10/10!"

That was a pro-tip just fyi. ;) If you want further information all weapons list their stats.

Fury451

Banned
I beat it in 4 and a half, buuut that was because I was on regular and regular is super easy (I haven't even tried easy to see but man it's probably insanely easy). You should probably try it on Hard since hard is still one level under the hardest which is Master.

Also really happy to see respawn moved the Variety stuff to the front! Actually got to do Pilots vs Pilots which I like doing every now and then compared to the regular game.

It's a good campaign. If you're familiar with any regular shooters though, even Hard (where I started) is a bit easier than expected, especially if you get the mechanics down early.

Just bought the game for PS4. Loved the first Titanfall, and all the positivity surrounding the sequel made it a no-brainer. Can't wait to dive into the campaign and of course the multiplayer.

What's this thing I keep reading about Networks? And which ones should I join?

RedFury

Just bought the game for PS4. Loved the first Titanfall, and all the positivity surrounding the sequel made it a no-brainer. Can't wait to dive into the campaign and of course the multiplayer.

What's this thing I keep reading about Networks? And which ones should I join?
Multiplayer>networks>search "neogaf"

Join us!

It's a good campaign. If you're familiar with any regular shooters though, even Hard (where I started) is a bit easier than expected, especially if you get the mechanics down early.

Master is pretty difficult on foot though IMO, since my regular play through I've been trying that and you really take a huge beating as Cooper. Titan sections aren't too bad
yet
though. It's pretty hard to really have a regular flow in that, especially if it's your first time playing the game. New players should stick to hard.

RedFury

Hype got me and my friends are being wishy-washy about getting this. Guess I'll join GAF. Hope they bring in hoarde
Also you need to physically hold down R2 to speak in the open network. It not apparent to some (like myself) even though it's written at the bottom. It acts kind of like an open board. Shows everyone online that's in the network. Makes it easy to just ask "hey anyone want to start a group?". People answer then there is an option to invite members in network Vs sending friend requests then inviting to a game. It's really convenient.

sjay1994

Does anyone else feel motion sick when playing the game for extended periods?

Was trying to get in the top 3 of the gauntlet, but after 30 minutes I felt like puking.

This typically never happens to me while playing video games.

Does anyone else feel motion sick when playing the game for extended periods?

Was trying to get in the top 3 of the gauntlet, but after 30 minutes I felt like puking.

This typically never happens to me while playing video games.

Could be FoV *cough*cough*
Theres an option in the settings that reduces the head bouncing effect, have you tried that?

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Population on PS4 in my region (server? Oregon 1) went up a lot last night from the night before. I hope that's a sign of more to come.

Edit: seems like Alternator hipfire is MORE accurate than Alternator ADS, at any range. Can that be possible?

Online now and I see 20K+ on PS4. It was like 15-17K this time a day or two ago. :D This is good.

Games really starting to click with me. Still cant find a titan I like though (only have first 3 unlocked though) Just been using the first one, forget the name. Tried the one with the sniper railgun thing and got smoked in a second even from a distance.

Really liking the default lmg though. Any better lmgs to invest in since im still early ranked and dont have much for merits. Dont want to waste them.

Same boat as you until I unlocked Tone. Now I want to switch Titans but can't since I wreck so much as her. :D You can easily take out two Titans provided they're not ganging up on you.

GravyButt

Games really starting to click with me. Still cant find a titan I like though (only have first 3 unlocked though) Just been using the first one, forget the name. Tried the one with the sniper railgun thing and got smoked in a second even from a distance.

Really liking the default lmg though. Any better lmgs to invest in since im still early ranked and dont have much for merits. Dont want to waste them.

Top Bottom