• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

sjay1994

when you've been doing the gauntlet for 2 hours now, and miss the top 3 by .05 seconds

giphy.gif

legbone

Well, i bought the game today. Redboxed it over the weekend and it's all i can think about since. Problem is, now that i have bought it, the player count will go down. sorry, i'm a pessimist.

Can anyone teach me how to use scorch effectively? Even if you pm me.

Really like the idea of him but I can't buy a friggen titan kill with him in my limited time. Instantly wrecked.

I just did a quick video showing the basics.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Dr Quincy M E/video/23103516

Use the incendiary trap (Y on Xbox) and the light it up with Firewall (RB). I've done a quick Bounty hunt video to show how it works. If your Firewall is on recharge, just fire at it with your weapon.

It lights up the surrounding area and can trap Grunts, Pilots and Titans. Just be careful it can damage your Titan and you as a Pilot also.

Practice in Bounty Hunt mode and before long you will be trapping enemy Pilots/Titans also across game modes.

The weapon itself is OK but used in combination the Incendiary trap and Firewall it is lethal.

Also - if Titans get in close, use your flame shield. It does a lot of damage.

Alx

Ok I have no idea how to use EPG. According to the "texture stats" I registered 26 hits with it on my first try, and I don't think I got a single kill. Is it supposed to be a bubble gun ?

GravyButt

Use the incendiary trap (Y on Xbox) and the light it up with Firewall (RB). I've done a quick Bounty hunt video to show how it works. If your Firewall is on recharge, just fire at it with your weapon.

It lights up the surrounding area and can trap Grunts, Pilots and Titans. Just be careful it can damage your Titan and you as a Pilot also.

Practice in Bounty Hunt mode and before long you will be trapping enemy Pilots/Titans also across game modes.

The weapon itself is OK but used in combination the Incendiary trap and Firewall it is lethal.

Cool thenks will try it out!

sjay1994

Anyone who's beaten the top 3 gauntlet. How do you shave miliseconds of your time? I am incredibly frustrated because I am always 0.5 to 0.05 to slow.

The fuck do I do?

Lren

Hoping to get a bit more playtime in this weekend. Hard for me to play this during the week because I get home pretty late and the multiplayer amps me up too much. I am gonna stock up on some drinks for PC GAF's happy hour though.

The Dude

Man I'm struggling to stay entertained with it. There's something very unfullfilling about the MP and I quite can't put my finger on it. It think simply because battles are built around who sees who first and you're dead instantly and vice versa. So there is no sense of "battle" outside of when titans are clashing which is decent buy still I don't know....i felt a greater sense of satisfaction in the original killing other titans. Anyone feel this way? There's just something missing. I been leveling, but level 40 and I'm just not lusting for that next fight as much as I want a day or two ago. Which is bumming me out because I thought this would be a staple in my daily gaming and now not so sure.

Raptor

Nice tips.

Izuna

Banned
that feel when you get 199 attrition points because someone stole your titan kill ;( I want to break 200 damnit

B00TE

I think solo queuing bounty hunt may be more relaxing than attrition. Spend most of my time avoiding other pilots, racking up a ton of kills and rolling with my team during the banking bits. God damn I love this game.

Sent a request to join the Network via the URL and added my deets to the Google Spreadsheet. Looks like I'm the only PS4 player from Australia. o_O

legbone

Sent a request to join the Network via the URL and added my deets to the Google Spreadsheet. Looks like I'm the only PS4 player from Australia. o_O

something seems to have gone wrong. it shows me and you as the only gaffers online and i'm in the central time zone of the us. our games may not be great but i don't see how we are the only gaffers on.

Gonna try out the hemlok, anyone have thoughts on it?

I like it but it's not a good high movement gun I usually switch out my anti Titan weapon for the shot gun pistol.

It's usually a one or two burst depending on if you get a headshot. Feels similar to titanfall 1 hemlock.

B00TE

something seems to have gone wrong. it shows me and you as the only gaffers online and i'm in the central time zone of the us. our games may not be great but i don't see how we are the only gaffers on.
I think folks on PS4 are just using the NeoGaf network that was up from the tech test. Always people in there (noticed this earlier).
I like it but it's not a good high movement gun I usually switch out my anti Titan weapon for the shot gun pistol.

It's usually a one or two burst depending on if you get a headshot. Feels similar to titanfall 1 hemlock.
It's my go-to gun. Lots of one-burst kills, and it is surprisingly good at long ranges compared to the full-auto guns.

Aight, cool. Yeah, I might have a loadout like this for maps like homestead, I like being on the move way too much, and I hate to give up my anti titan weapons. The R201 is great, but I can't cut it past medium range. Not quickly, anyway.

They also need to have some spawns that happen away from the pilots, so focusing on minions isn't an automatic death sentence.

Yeah, this is probably my biggest complaint for the mode. Kinda funny how Bounty Hunt is the better mode in regards to fighting both AI and players.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
Man I'm struggling to stay entertained with it. There's something very unfullfilling about the MP and I quite can't put my finger on it. It think simply because battles are built around who sees who first and you're dead instantly and vice versa. So there is no sense of "battle" outside of when titans are clashing which is decent buy still I don't know....i felt a greater sense of satisfaction in the original killing other titans. Anyone feel this way? There's just something missing. I been leveling, but level 40 and I'm just not lusting for that next fight as much as I want a day or two ago. Which is bumming me out because I thought this would be a staple in my daily gaming and now not so sure.

I think you might need a small break, L40 must be quite a few hours of gametime - I'm only Level 14 but I can definitely say this is the most fun I've had in a shooter since UT3, maybe even ever.

The Titans, gunplay and movement are just so seamless....it's like the MP and SP was built around my exact wants/needs.

I put about 200 hours into TF1, and I think this is far superior: especially in the progression and gunplay departments: Titans in TF1 could be slightly superior feeling with the customisation and such, but then again it was a while ago when I was playing the original, so could be nostalgia.

SirCrush

Well, i bought the game today. Redboxed it over the weekend and it's all i can think about since. Problem is, now that i have bought it, the player count will go down. sorry, i'm a pessimist.

I actually think this game is gonna catch on as word of mouth gets around but I might be an optimist. :] Also I've been reading enough negative comments to doubt my ability to prophesy.

Woo-Fu

Banned
It really bares repeating but Complex really is a horrible map, just delete it. There's no saving it.

As somebody too lazy to make a 2nd pilot with something other than a shotgun I'd have to say I hate the crash site map the most.

It's because everyone dies too quickly, right? And maybe the maps not being very pilot-mobility-friendly? That's what I've noticed. The first game did those better. Maybe it could still be fixed.

It really bares repeating but Complex really is a horrible map, just delete it. There's no saving it.

I think the worst part about the map is how in those narrow corridors, there are some rails at the top, which would make sense for a pilot to get to, except you can't really get there without the grappling hook or tricky jumps. And even if you do, it's out of bounds lol! A bump stops you from gaining and significant vertical height as well, meaning it's really just a flat plain for titans to steamroll pilots in. It's a really bad choice. If it were a Titanfall 1 map, you would have had a proper second floor or anywhere for the pilot to go vertically.

Zemm

Map hack, map hack, sonar, map hack, sonar sonar, map hack, map hack.

I'm gonna take a break until they fix this shit, not worth playing when you're being tracked through walls for about 80% of the game. Can't believe this even got through. Not a fun experience right now.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member

I just joined the NeoGAF network, is this a different network?

I'm also an Australasian (aka a Kiwi, but close enough) - GAFFers from NZ are on this network I'm on, didn't know there were 2 of them with TitanGAF too.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
I just got the "...Becomes the Master" Achievement... That was pretty tough, but definitely rewarding when you get it. I got it at 33.40!

TheRed

Map hack, map hack, sonar, map hack, sonar sonar, map hack, map hack.

I'm gonna take a break until they fix this shit, not worth playing when you're being tracked through walls for about 80% of the game. Can't believe this even got through. Not a fun experience right now.

I'm not sure why this stuff is even put into so many shooters nowadays. It's terrible. Only pulse blade is not too crazy that I can deal with but even then this stuff shouldn't even be in the game. BF1 is so good because of how they nerfed the power of their ever present 3D spotting from the previous games that took away all real looking out for enemies tactics. That stuff is better off being significantly nerfed like BF1 or even completely removed.

More than half the time I have to see an orange glow around my gun with map hack detected. Can't do anything about it anyway, how fun.

Still enjoying the game though besides that crap.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
It's fine right now when connected to one of the bigger data centers. The problem is with they community only being about 10k people right it doesn't bode well for the games long term prospects. Maybe it turns things around like Rainbow Six Siege, but I that kind of turn around is rare. I don't really know what factors allowed Siege to come back from the brink, but it can't have just been good word if mouth.
10k simultaneous or 10k total?

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
I hope people come around to this game because it is amazing and the player population (ps4) is worrying.

I get the feeling it's going to pull a Rainbow Six: Siege and slowly grow into a behemouth.

I really hope it does anyway, by god, it deserves it.

I also hope the Angel City DLC comes with a Vanguard Titan loadout...would be so good.

Izuna

Banned
Does gravity star do less damage?

Gravity Star doesn't do any damage, swear? Apart from when it finishes.

Firestar burns the Titan and can attach to it.

And really, Complex is basically making me hate this game so much, I can't enjoy anything through it. It's a shame that all the enjoyable bits of this MP are the few things left over from the original. I dislike almost every new direction or change. Radar is the biggest fucking issue for me, that and how this facilitates camping.

After getting G2 on Xbox I'm actually not sure why I still play. I need to wait for a patch or something because right now, I'd much prefer to find games in the original.

Top Bottom