• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
What's more advantageous for Ronin: using gun within melee distance or just using standard melee?

I'm assuming his standard melee is a bit more powerful than others'.

B00TE

What's more advantageous for Ronin: using gun within melee distance or just using standard melee?

His gun does more damage than melee, so always that. In regards to the melee attack itself, dunno if it has more power than the others, but it does have longer reach.

Only when you're amped will it do more, but it does cleave. I've seen a Ronin kill multiple pilots with one swing. Stick with your gun and you can phase shift into melee for a finisher.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Ronin is my love. I haven't even bothered using any other Titans.

Phasing in and out, dashing, electrosword.

My boi.

SwolBro

Banned
Yes, cloak is a legit problem.

How?

Im at the Gaf network and I never play with Any gaffers, makes no sense.

the way they've adjusted cloak to fade in and out while shooting is such a pain to deal with. a good cloak player is probably the most obnoxious player to play against. they should increase the recharge time.

invite network to play and wait until someone joins your game

Raptor

the way they've adjusted cloak to fade in and out while shooting is such a pain to deal with. a good cloak player is probably the most obnoxious player to play against. they should increase the recharge time.

invite network to play and wait until someone joins your game

But I should be having network invites too no?

Lol, is confusing, I dont want to invite people only to they leave causeI suck.

Gator86

Legions clip size is already not that big and it takes forever to reload and spin that gun again. He has next to zero counter against pilots jumping on him other than electric smoke he can only use once. Ion can shit on him from a distance with the lazer and vortex all day. I destroy like 2-3 Legions a game without taking any damage. He is hilariously easy to deal with.

Tone can go get fucked. They need to do something about Tone fast and I mean in a week tops fast because Tone is shitting on the multiplayer big time right now along with map hack bullshit. They might as well call the game Tonefall 2 at this point because I have yet to play a game where I see another titan on the enemy team these past two days.

I'm not really arguing. Legion is Bastion. He is pure unrelenting hell for people who are bad or brand new to the game, but mostly fine. That said, it's not a vacuum where Respawn doesn't hear the shrieks of anguish anyway. He's riddled with weaknesses, but I still wouldn't be surprised if he got tweaked somehow. I mean, if he engages his shield, on consoles, he almost literally cannot turn. Maybe take advantage of that?

Tone is broken. She emphasizes the issues with map hack and pulse blade and has no weaknesses of her own outside of "I am bad and let myself get cornered by a Legion, Scorch, and Ronin at the same time." She kind of reminds me of the Wraith from Evolve at launch. Wraith helped kill that game near immediately because, like Tone, she was only beatable by user error or ridiculous skill imbalance between the players.

On all those gifs and videos there's huge HUD elements that just obscure half the screen - like the Gamercards and the tips for what Amped weapons are etc.

Can you turn them off?

yea. there's a hud setting where you can turn all that stuff off.

So I think going back to fullscreen instead of bordless window helped the stuttering/lag/frame drops, but not sure as of yet

SwolBro

Banned
Legions clip size is already not that big and it takes forever to reload and spin that gun again. He has next to zero counter against pilots jumping on him other than electric smoke he can only use once. Ion can shit on him from a distance with the lazer and vortex all day. I destroy like 2-3 Legions a game without taking any damage. He is hilariously easy to deal with.

Sure, easy to deal with in LTS but in other game modes Legion can be the biggest pain in the fucking ass. Legions smart core in something like CTF is the worst thing out there.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Concensus on which Titan is the most powerful overall?

Seems like the winner so far is Tone (unofficially... just reading the last few pages of the topic).

I can tell you personally that my least favorite is Scorch. Such limited range, so damn slow, very limited options in many scenarios.

RedFury

I guess a lot depends on the mode. I'm about to regen my pilot and I only play Attrition. I'm not sure I've ever, ever died to a Scorch in a Titan. He's a fucking turtle and has zero range. Aside from hilariously bad Tone play, I'm unsure as to how he would kill her with her vastly superior range and mobility.
I need to draw pictures lol. Ok so as short as possible. Pot shots, I'm always behind cover. Peek shoot dash into cover. One to one shot exchange is in my favor. Missiles are melted by shield (unnecessary most of the time) building usually enough to block them. Before the engagement even starts I throw a gas canister between us to prevent movement towards me. It doesn't need to be ignited, the sensible thing to do is not cross it. So while we trade shots I set up a canister behind enemy cover. Thermite falls when you hit a solid object so this entire set up can be done from the safety of cover. When your ready ignite it. The enemy now has 3 options take the damage, move back (which means more damage, always make sure the outer diameter is touching the enemy and not the center that dictates where they move), or move forward (this moves them into the line of fire, this is where you send the wall out and keep them between fires and shoot off your thermite round and dash back into cover) then you just watch all the hit markers on your screen. Mind you this all took place with you out of cover for a fraction of a second. At this point they are already out of cover and decide to go balls to the wall and charge you (which is where the ridiculous flame shield comes in) or go back into cover where we do this again. Just one round of this though and they have lost more than half their health. Or we can just take turns trading shots from cover and I win that race. The other thing I look for is titanfall. Set 2 gas traps 1 in front and 1 behind. Wait for entrance (or get kill) as soon as vulnerable hit the outer radius with fire wall to cover more ground and watch them loose half health (don't literally watch them, you hit and run. Burst damage then back to saftey). That's the gist of all my engagements. I go entire matches with my first titan [only scorch though :( ] I get taken out when I'm working one titan with the strategy and get ganked by another. I can usually chip away at 2 on my own by closing off lanes but if I didn't even know they were coming is when I meet my demise.

SORRY!

SwolBro

Banned
I can tell you personally that my least favorite is Scorch. Such limited range, so damn slow, very limited options in many scenarios.

what you mean? that fire ball can go serious distance. Scorch isn't easy to use, but once you master it, scorch is a beast.

Gator86

Damn, I guess I will support a Tone nerf for the good of the game but I am not going to like it. She is my girl.

It's gonna happen. Just a question of how long it takes and what the tweak is. I mean, her utility move is a fucking boost. That alone is hilariously broken. Imagine if Legion's utility move was radar jammer or if Ion sent out endless ticks instead of that dopey tripwire.

Raptor

Imagine as much as 4 pilots rodeo a titan shoting at him and inserting granades and stuff?

At the same time?

Hilairously awesome "lets take that Legion down!"

As down as I am with Complex and Crash Site, Eden and Black Water Canal (?) are pretty fun.

Just figured out that if you aim it just right, you can land one of Scorch's gas pods onto the drop ship and very quickly roast it out of the sky.

It's gonna happen. Just a question of how long it takes and what the tweak is. I mean, her utility move is a fucking boost. That alone is hilariously broken. Imagine if Legion's utility move was radar jammer or if Ion sent out endless ticks instead of that dopey tripwire.

Man, I hate that tripwire. I don't think I've gotten one person with it.

KodaRuss

Stealing this from Reddit because it made me laugh. Still working on my wall running around the house.

Sz61GS8.gif

https://www.reddit.com/r/titanfall/comments/5aovnx/spamming_the_spacebar/

So mixed playlist has allowed for games like CTF?

I think I can be fine with just playing Hardpoint, BH/Attrition, and LTS tbh. If CTF is too hardcore and results in too many quitters, then what can you really do

E92 M3

It's so frustrating that sitting on a roof with a carbine is a valid strategy on some maps.

Also, dooming titans should count as a kill or something like that. So many kills stolen lol.

GravyButt

Can anyone teach me how to use scorch effectively? Even if you pm me.

Really like the idea of him but I can't buy a friggen titan kill with him in my limited time. Instantly wrecked.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Just seen Gamesagers new gauntlet record on Twitter. Damn 20.6 is nuts. Gonna try his guide though to get that damn achievement.

Top Bottom