• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Zemm

I'm not sure why this stuff is even put into so many shooters nowadays. It's terrible. Only pulse blade is not too crazy that I can deal with but even then this stuff shouldn't even be in the game. BF1 is so good because of how they nerfed the power of their ever present 3D spotting from the previous games that took away all real looking out for enemies tactics. That stuff is better off being significantly nerfed like BF1 or even completely removed.

More than half the time I have to see an orange glow around my gun with map hack detected. Can't do anything about it anyway, how fun.

Still enjoying the game though besides that crap.

The multiplayer is just really boring right now because everyone uses map hack. I mean why wouldn't you?

Alienfan

Okay, one huge gripe I have with the game. The electric smoke. There's nothing wrong with the smoke itself, the problem lies in how it's given to everyone. It feels like you've only got two options when it comes to a titan, run away, or find a vantage point to take it out with a heavy weapon. It's just not viable to rodeo a Titan like it was in the original, seeing as everyone has the smoke, there's now a huge possibility they'll kill you if you attempt to get close . With no one rodeoing, there's no one using the new battery mechanic (which seems really neat!). It makes the game feel significantly less asymmetrical than the previous game - it's mostly Titan vs Titan and Pilot vs Pilot, with most Pilots avoiding titan combat completely or shooting from afar.

Alright! Level 7! Earned my Ronin!

Got the hang of playing my Ion by taking potshots at harassing enemy Titans from a far to build up Laser Core. Overcore + Grand Cannon is my game plan for LTS

Now to throw away everything I've learned to figure out how to get in close with Ronin =_= any tips?

My WiFi went out during my first time playing LTS while we were winning :(

It's probably my favorite mode in the game now, though. So tense.

Game has fallen into an endless loading loop three times today. 2 while trying to load a MP map and the other during a post-game load screen.

Restarts again. Sigh.

Btw. I hate that I can't assign my Tactical to R3. I like having my jump to L1 and for some reason Respawn felt X was a good alternative for Tactical.

Arrrammis

Okay, one huge gripe I have with the game. The electric smoke. There's nothing wrong with the smoke itself, the problem lies in how it's given to everyone. It feels like you've only got two options when it comes to a titan, run away, or find a vantage point to take it out with a heavy weapon. It's just not viable to rodeo a Titan like it was in the original, seeing as everyone has the smoke, there's now a huge possibility they'll kill you if you attempt to get close . With no one rodeoing, there's no one using the new battery mechanic (which seems really neat!). It makes the game feel significantly less asymmetrical than the previous game - it's mostly Titan vs Titan and Pilot vs Pilot, with most Pilots avoiding titan combat completely or shooting from afar.

I felt the same until I realized this: Titans only have one charge of electric smoke, once they use it they can't get another one unless they have that perk. The pilot has to lose that titan and call down another one to use electric smoke again. Jump on the titan, jump off as soon as your see smoke, hide for ~5 seconds, then jump back on and continue taking the battery. Plus, if the titan doesn't move forwards after you take the battery, you can use your double jump to land directly on top of the same titan without touching the ground, and keep dropping grenades in the battery hole. It can be really silly at times.

How far is the slide and is it faster than sprinting?
Slide distance depends on your speed. It can be faster than sprinting. You need to jump off the wall, slide under, and then jump on the wall right after.

You land, sprint for a second, then slide, which adds extra time.

Izuna

Banned
why are developers still putting cloak in multiplayer in fucking 2016?

It's really easy to see in this game though...

;( yeah, it looks like I'm out until there are some changes. I'll play with PC TitanGAF (and continue to approve people to the Xbox TitanGAF) every now and then, but this release just makes me want to squeeze out whatever fun I can get out of the original. Once that goes, and if this is all we're left with, I guess online multiplayer isn't really for me (again).

Outside of playing with Code, I get MVP like every game with and barely lose. I thought I found my game type within FFA since I hadn't lost one and I feels nice to not be let down by poor teammates, but it's literally dead already. I can't get a full game in my region.

It's fine right now when connected to one of the bigger data centers. The problem is with they community only being about 10k people right it doesn't bode well for the games long term prospects. Maybe it turns things around like Rainbow Six Siege, but I that kind of turn around is rare. I don't really know what factors allowed Siege to come back from the brink, but it can't have just been good word if mouth.

Oh man, it is already at 10k on PC? Think I'll return my copy, this is probably going to bomb and be a ghost town like the first one was on PC. I doubt it will do a Siege though.

Picked this up for PS4 after reading about the poor sales and raving reviews. Pretty much flipped a coin and decided to get BF1 now and pick this up later - ironically their super cool free DLC plans helped me make this choice since I figured if I came into BF1 a month or two late I'd maybe have to pick up some paid DLC to be current. Wish I'd know about the bundle of both games on the PSN store though.

legbone

I think folks on PS4 are just using the NeoGaf network that was up from the tech test. Always people in there (noticed this earlier).

Aight, cool. Yeah, I might have a loadout like this for maps like homestead, I like being on the move way too much, and I hate to give up my anti titan weapons. The R201 is great, but I can't cut it past medium range. Not quickly, anyway.

Yeah, this is probably my biggest complaint for the mode. Kinda funny how Bounty Hunt is the better mode in regards to fighting both AI and players.

and what is this network where all the ps4 players are? Can i join?

Zemm

Can't play until Monday now which gives them time to fix (remove) map hack and sonar hopefully.

Worst case scenario = they just make them cost more/longer recharge time.
Most likely to happen scenario = they just make them cost more/longer recharge time.

The fundamentals are top notch but they desperately need to fix some things and fast, before people stop playing out of frustration.

If they removed them completely then the game would be sooo good. It's kinda crazy how two small abilities can make the experience really not fun.

Risette

A Good Citizen
I think sonar is fine, maybe reduce the range a bit, but map hack is all-around dumb.

Cloak is worse than sonar imo

All the talk about the multiplayer worried me, so I returned the copy I'd bought and bought another one so that I still had the 7 day guarantee option. I'm planning to start the campaign tonight and maybe try some multiplayer too.

I don't play a lot of multiplayer to begin with, so it'll have to really hook me.

KorrZ

Just had my best match with a titan ever on Crash Site.

Got the first Titan of the match and stayed in it the entire rest of the game (which is the exact opposite of my other titan experience so far) 21 kills and 3 titan kills. Felt pretty fucking good.

Had to stop for the night cause I don't think I'm topping that one.

Zemm

All the talk about the multiplayer worried me, so I returned the copy I'd bought and bought another one so that I still had the 7 day guarantee option. I'm planning to start the campaign tonight and maybe try some multiplayer too.

I don't play a lot of multiplayer to begin with, so it'll have to really hook me.

The MP is so close to being great, it just needs a few fixes which shouldn't be hard to do. I fear they won't fix them enough though.

bluehat9

My vanguard edition finally came from amazon today, didn't realize just how big the box and helmet would be even after seeing it on some streams. Its great.

Glad someone was home when it came since it literally just came in the brown box with "vanguard edition - ps4" all over it.

That anime opening is amazing lol

Also don't get the dislike I saw for ION
Jeff from GB why
, absolutely love her, the whole shoulder laser is an instant kill to any pilot and is super easy to get people with for me. Plus it does a good amount of damage to Titans at a distance. In general ION just seems really good, second for me would be a tie between Tone and Ronin.

3DShovel

Just based on what I'm seeing on the battlefield, Tone definitely needs a nerf. Homestead just has Tones in all corners of the map simply hitting 3 times, then aiming up and firing rockets.

Salvo core and then done.

Something needs to be done there for sure.

TheRed

This game reminded me of the feeling I loved about the first game, when I got my titan I loved going into tryhard mode and trying to survive the rest of the match in the same titan. It was easier in the first with the shield but I think the added challenge is good. I even got a teammate that came to give me a battery and found out that gives a shield. I like that mechanic.

I'm having too much fun just playing Ion I can't imagine how much time I will have in the game once I try to master them all. Overall I think the new titans will keep people playing longer and is a good change, I pretty much never changed my loadout in the first game once I had one I liked, now I'll be willing to try out the others since they're so unique.

I love picking off pilots with the laser shot when in the titan, it's so satisfying.
This is with the steam controller too, having a lot of fun with this game now.

https://youtu.be/tzTbjL6XbeI?t=5m49s

SwolBro

Banned
Found my mojo. Got the strafing down, my aim is solid, things are going well. There's a level of adaptation coming from Titanfall 1 with the movement. Instead of being really jerky and doing real sharp cuts and strafes it's more of a gliding skate type of deal. Gotta move with a bit more radius, more like an elegant figure skater than an NFL running back (if that makes sense)

The map hack shit is still ridiculous though. I had a match of pilot vs pilot where both sides constantly pinged pulse blade or map hack lol. It was fucking hilarious. This was on crash site and both teams were completely stationary. One team on one side, the other team on the other side peaking through rocks. No one wanted to move.

Also, what's up with the PC people? They spend all this fucking money building a rig and then fret over $60? really? I'll never understand that crowd. The population is fine on it right now, enjoy the damn game. Give it momentum and maybe it won't die out on your platform.

E92 M3

That anime opening is amazing lol

Also don't get the dislike I saw for ION
Jeff from GB why
, absolutely love her, the whole shoulder laser is an instant kill to any pilot and is super easy to get people with for me. Plus it does a good amount of damage to Titans at a distance. In general ION just seems really good, second for me would be a tie between Tone and Ronin.

Where's the anime opening lol?

The Dude

The map hack is pretty much the UAV in cod and I think that's what crushes my experience as I underestimate how people just use that to such crazy degrees and why I'm constantly getting killed from behind. Its a pretty terrible concept imho. I think that is what makes shooters without that stuff so much more enjoyable. I can hang with the ttk in call of duty, I'm as quick as anyone...but I'm not the type to stare at radar and look for dots, I just don't roll that way. I run nonstop and gun people, if you come up on someone that's one thing but Wall hacks are so lame when they are this overbearring

Gorillaz

Respawn lucky nobody really fucks with Pilot v Pilot because holy shit does it expose this how unbalanced this stuff is once stacked. There is no damn reason for me to be in a 1v1fight with the enemy using map hack and the guy im shooting throwing sonar down as if it's 2nd nature.

The titan combat distracts people long enough but after awhile more then just gaf will bring it up

Mokoi

Banned
Ronin is boss love playing as it, and I do so much better when it's pilot vs pilot game mode. This game is pretty fun.

Top Bottom