• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Izuna

Banned
I was playing with the one on ps4 with more members, and the guys didn't even know what GAF was.

See this is why TitanGAF is private haha

though I think on PS4 and PC it's open, but we have a Discord etc. for the PC version

Does it matter which data center? I picked New York on a whim.

You can see and talk to people in whatever region, but unless you're in the same one you can't see their game invite to network.

Did some MP for the first time tonight and...shiiiiiit. This is fun. Joined up on TitanGAF for PS4, maybe I won't die instantly in the future and can help out.

Iorv3th

Was that TitanGAF that I just played?

Edit: Nope lol Its yet another GAF network

See this is why TitanGAF is private haha

though I think on PS4 and PC it's open, but we have a Discord etc. for the PC version

You can see and talk to people in whatever region, but unless you're in the same one you can't see their game invite to network.

May have been the network from the beta. It is still up and usually has more people in it. I will switch between them depending on which one is happy hour.

RedFury

Kept getting kicked tonight. Everything would freeze, then I'd find myself in the main menu.

Also I apologize to whoever I played with tonight. I was mediocre at best tonight. Was *ahem* distracted. Fiance said she wants my attention at 8pm on the dot tonight, 5 min later (at 7:30ish) walks in the room in lingerie. Then I got kicked and used the opportunity to graciously bow out for the night.

Edit: I wouldn't mind making TitanGAF private but everyone is in tech test network as it is and has abandoned TitanGAF. I'll lock it with like 4 people in it. No point in having a club if you don't have a club.

Miker

Pilot vs Pilot needs to be removed from Mix tape.

Ain't nobody got time for that mode.

I got it earlier and it was nonstop sonar/wallhack. Kind of an amusing diversion now and then. I also got a triple kill with the Double Take, so I can't complain too much.

That is possible, but then why is there a grenade launcher in the Anti-Titan category as well if there is a separate grenadier class? It seems the simplicity is really the reason. However TF1's way it handled loadouts was already quite simple so there was no need to make it simpler.

Don't use the mag launcher on Pilots. It really doesn't work.

It's not balanced around a whole team using it. Same with pulse blade. One enemy activating a map hack every now and then is fine, but when entire teams chain that shit along with pulse blades and tactikill to recharge it faster, fuck me.

That plus three Legions and three Tones is the pubstomp meta right now, and it's really boring to play and really frustrating to play against. "We're a minute into the match, here comes the orange highlight."

Alienfan

I was playing with the one on ps4 with more members, and the guys didn't even know what GAF was.

I found the same with the Giant Bomb network, it's one of the most popular networks, I guess simply by virtue of being one of the first. It's 90% populated by people who don't know who Giant Bomb is, and just joined for the cool name. Really amusing just sitting on the home-screen and hearing people fighting over what they think the name means.

Strider

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Cobalt Izuna/video/23108466

Seriously Legion is fucking stupid -- this is all you have to do.

I did the same thing again right after

I only wanted to kill one Titan...

When I die to this it's the only thing in this game that actually makes me "rage" ... And by rage I mean roll my eyes so fuckin hard because of how dumb it is lol.

Seeing a Legion clearly not aiming close to me in the kill feed (and usually they have no fuckin clue I'm there anyway) but killing me anyway is just............

Izuna

Banned
Had a blast with R1.

Going to play a bit of Xbone R2 until my food arrives, and then it's exam revision and the occasional game. I got like 6 hours until I leave so.

When I die to this it's the only thing in this game that actually makes me "rage" ... And by rage I mean roll my eyes so fuckin hard because of how dumb it is lol.

Seeing a Legion clearly not aiming close to me in the kill feed (and usually they have no fuckin clue I'm there anyway) but killing me anyway is just............

You ever been killed by a salvo core from the skies?

This is probably my favorite use of the salvo core:
http://i.imgur.com/gmpCBUn.gifv

Sonar lock a legion from afar and make it rain.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Is there any tell that Legion has his core active? Because dying to that as a pilot feels shitty.

Tone is a way bigger issue than Legion, but Legion is ridiculous on the maps that funnel people into hallways. His core also shouldn't autostart the way it does while actively firing, TF1 titans all had a warmup before it started for a reason...

Was there a change to rodeo notification? As soon as I popped smoke the pilot had already removed my battery. Wtf?

Edit: Its either lag (30ping so doubtful) or they delayed the notification

KingV

Was there a change to rodeo notification? As soon as I popped smoke the pilot had already removed my battery. Wtf?

Edit: Its either lag (30ping so doubtful) or they delayed the notification

There is a kit that delays notification, he maybe was using that.

Also, would love to go hard with Titangaf, but I have literally never seen anybosy active in the network on PS4, so do t set it active

legbone

ok, not a bad evening. gotta hit the rack. went from level 4 to 6 or 7. played a couple hours then put some time into the campaign (which I was already about half way through).

i now remember how bad folks can be online. i was having a nice little run (which is rare for me because i suck and don't know the maps yet). also i'm trying to learn ion until tone unlocks. anyway, some guy says get a better internet connection followed by a slur regarding my sexuality that starts with f and ends wtih t. nice. i think my ping was 54 or something like that which the game tells me is good. guess my stim rush was too fast maybe. don't know what he was griping about, had way more kills than me. i haven't played a shooter much since MAG (my all time favorite) and i forgot how it could be.

There is a kit that delays notification, he maybe was using that.

Also, would love to go hard with Titangaf, but I have literally never seen anybosy active in the network on PS4, so do t set it active

Ohhhh that would explain it. I should probably switch from this podcast to game audio lol Also, may need to play other modes to level up my pilot/guns or whatever

Thanks!

Legion is goddamn ridiculous. Way too god at defense for the amount of firepower it has. Its shields can eat an entire rocket salvo core from a Tone. And then it has an hour long clip to melt you with.

It's the only titan that seems blatantly OP to me so far. It's not entirely its fault, the maps help it a ton. I should add I mostly play LTS.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
So how do I get into TitanGaf? Joined "Neogaf" network.... that's not the real one? I'd love to play with you guys (FYI, I'm not that good) ;)

Dream patch notes:

- Wall Hack modified: Removed from game.

- Sonar Pulse modified: Only user can see through walls, radius reduced

- Tone rebalanced: Lock-on requires 5 hits

- Legion core rebalanced: Aimbot reduced/removed

- Complex, Crash Site, Homestead updates: made into good maps now, level designer found jesus

- Playlist updates: Pilots only mode nuked from orbit, all modes on one page

Is there any tell that Legion has his core active? Because dying to that as a pilot feels shitty.

Tone is a way bigger issue than Legion, but Legion is ridiculous on the maps that funnel people into hallways. His core also shouldn't autostart the way it does while actively firing, TF1 titans all had a warmup before it started for a reason...

Titans glow and stuff with their core abilities activated.

Legion is goddamn ridiculous. Way too god at defense for the amount of firepower it has. Its shields can eat an entire rocket salvo core from a Tone. And then it has an hour long clip to melt you with.

It's the only titan that seems blatantly OP to me so far. It's not entirely its fault, the maps help it a ton. I should add I mostly play LTS.

Legion is good on defense in a game where defense is encouraged due to the battery system. Seriously, shoot at its feet or over their left shoulder. Don't be silly Smart core only lasts for a couple of seconds. Without it I actually feel his ammo capacity is just shy of being too low.

Dream patch notes:

- Wall Hack modified: Removed from game.

- Sonar Pulse modified: Only user can see through walls, radius reduced

- Tone rebalanced: Lock-on requires 5 hits

- Legion core rebalanced: Aimbot reduced/removed

- Complex, Crash Site, Homestead updates: made into good maps now, level designer found jesus

- Playlist updates: Pilots only mode nuked from orbit, all modes on one page

My ideal nerf for Tone would be halved particle wall health, reduced 40mm cannon mag size (by maybe 3 rounds), cooldown on ordnance, and salvo core requires a lock to fire.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Titans glow and stuff with their core abilities activated.

Legion is good on defense in a game where defense is encouraged due to the battery system. Seriously, shoot at its feet or over their left shoulder. Don't be silly Smart core only lasts for a couple of seconds. Without it I actually feel his ammo capacity is just shy of being too low.

I guess I haven't seen it on him as clearly since it looks like his gun already heats up naturally. Though I guess if I'm a pilot and can see Legion with it I'm dead already, lol.

But yeah, I really don't think Legion is that insane. But maps like Crash Site and Complex cater to him, he is best at holding down lanes which is ridiculous when the maps design philosophy was to make it all lane based and those two in particular make it hard to get around and flank which is what can catch a legion off guard. I think the only change I'd make would be Smart Core activates a reload animation that also starts spinning his gun, it's silly that he can be actively firing until his gun is almost empty, pop the Core and suddenly it's bottomless. He also naturally shines on AI modes already but that's gonna be by design either way.

Tone feels way harder to fix. I think I would prefer if the map ping only worked on Titans or heavier AI like Reapers, I don't feel the Titan with a 40mm also needs to be the best at weeding out pilots trying to attack or move around. Half the time you're focusing on a Titan and just light up a huge clump of pilots by accident anyway. Alternatively heavily alter the cooldown time or something.

I do shoot at its feet. You do very low damage, and it has its shield up when you launch your rockets. Eventually your shield will disappear and then he can mow you down while you maybe pepper him with a few cannon shots and a rocket volley, assuming his shield isn't back up.

I don't have a big problem with its smart core. I don't even need to use it when I use Legion. Just mow titans down with his gun, it's incredibly easy. It outlasts every defensive ability other titans have, plus you get a great shield that moves with you.

Again I almost only play LTS, maybe he is easier to deal with if you have pilots and shit running around. But he is broken in LTS.

Izuna

Banned
My ideal nerf for Tone would be halved particle wall health, reduced 40mm cannon mag size (by maybe 3 rounds), cooldown on ordnance, and salvo core requires a lock to fire.

Haha you can't be serious. Tone does not need a nerf at all. If anything, she needs a slight buff. She's SOL in certain situations, especially if she goes up against a Legion.

3 rounds for 40mm? Eww

ForkedOddballBronco-size_restricted.gif

Used some credits to buy a new execution.

I love the campaign and how varied it's gameplay is; each level honestly feels like something different. It reminds me of HL2 with it's pacing. The color palette is great too. It's probably the most engaging single player FPS I've played in a long while.

But good god am I disappointed with the MP mode. Granted, I never played the original. But if this is what it was like, I don't feel like I missed much. I'm gonna give it another day or two, see where it takes me, but ifthe last two days are any indication. I'm going back to Overwatch.

Heard some folks saying the Mastiff was good but I can't find a use case for the shotgun at all. I always get wrecked before I can reach an optimal range.

Keihart

I felt the same until I realized this: Titans only have one charge of electric smoke, once they use it they can't get another one unless they have that perk. The pilot has to lose that titan and call down another one to use electric smoke again. Jump on the titan, jump off as soon as your see smoke, hide for ~5 seconds, then jump back on and continue taking the battery. Plus, if the titan doesn't move forwards after you take the battery, you can use your double jump to land directly on top of the same titan without touching the ground, and keep dropping grenades in the battery hole. It can be really silly at times.

How do you jump off titans? can you really do that? in my experience, jumping on a titan means being stuck on the grenade or battery animation if no one is on it.

Izuna

Banned
i get it that titans are invincible during executions

but why the fuck can't i target one with the archer?

fuck sake

Gator86

Haha you can't be serious. Tone does not need a nerf at all. If anything, she needs a slight buff. She's SOL in certain situations, especially if she goes up against a Legion.

3 rounds for 40mm? Eww

The most insane thing I've seen in this entire thread.

Both of these are untrue. If his shield is lasting that long or his clip is, that Legion is spec'd for that. There's literally no time a Legion shield has eaten a salvo core. His clip size is incredibly brief unless you have the capacity upgrade as well. I mostly play Attrition so I can't speak to LTS, but I can imagine him being a pain in that with a solid team to guard his weakpoints. That said, he's still virtually immobile so positioning, focus fire, and flanking ruin him quickly.

Izuna

Banned
Legion can start with 40% core charge, and a few hits into his 100 round clip he gets infinite ammo for 15 seconds if you spec for it.

You can't outmanoeuvre him in a 1v1. Unless you're waiting for his Smart Core to run out. As I have said time and time again, this means he gets all the Bounty he needs in Bounty Hunt. Making him broken for that mode.

In Attrition... well, you can see the above clip for that.

Top Bottom