• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Is CD Keys a legit site? I assume as much, but I've never purchased from them before. And Best Buy doesn't have the game for pickup in my local store for some reason. I've chatted with them, and sent them 2 emails now, and I keep getting copy-and-paste bullshit about how it isn't available there (I know) and will be soon after release. Except my brother pre-ordered from there for pickup.

Strakt

Is CD Keys a legit site? I assume as much, but I've never purchased from them before. And Best Buy doesn't have the game for pickup in my local store for some reason. I've chatted with them, and sent them 2 emails now, and I keep getting copy-and-paste bullshit about how it isn't available there (I know) and will be soon after release. Except my brother pre-ordered from there for pickup.

yes i got my code yesterday morning, and im playing today via vpn :) ... best part is i got the game for $41

If anyone's having trouble requesting to join the network, or got rejected for some reason, PM me and I'll help you out.
Code and I will check the spreedsheet semi-frequently. I think there's an issue with how the Networks work from the page atm. Perhaps at release it'll be better.
Rayme told me TOP MEN are on it, so hopefully that stuff will be fixed soon.

I know I have asked this a few times in another titanfall threads, but just wondering if there is a "mile high club" type of trophy/achievement. I just got MHC on MWR and I am feeling motivated!

Gwyn

Still waiting for my code(xb1) from CDkeys...

Anyone else received their codes yet?
Will i lose any pre order content if i redeem the code tomorrow?

preorder bonuses last on xbox one until two weeks after release I believe, or maybe it's a week, whatever it is, there's a grace period though.

Edit: Sorry I just looked it up. Seems to be only specific games that has a grace period, xbox.com uses DR3 as an example.

Well i hope TF2 is one of those games then.
Thanks

Chris1

Still waiting for my code(xb1) from CDkeys...

Anyone else received their codes yet?
Will i lose any pre order content if i redeem the code tomorrow?

preorder bonuses last on xbox one until two weeks after release I believe, or maybe it's a week, whatever it is, there's a grace period though.

Edit: Sorry I just looked it up. Seems to be only specific games that has a grace period, xbox.com uses DR3 as an example. Quantum Break also had a grace period for AW codes I'm pretty sure.

Edit2: You quoted me too quick :p Hopefully you come back to the thread lol

Here is what it says on xbox.com, though I'm not sure if this is specifically relating to preorder bonuses in general?

Do I get LE and pre-order bonuses on digital editions of Xbox One games? (or – do I miss out on stuff if I buy digital?).

It will depend on the game – some games like CoD Ghosts have already announced digital versions of their LE with digital exclusive benefits. Other titles like Dead Rising 3 have announced that their channel wide pre-order incentives will come with the digital version for the first 2 weeks. We will see more of these, but can’t guarantee parity in every case.

Edit 3: Honestly I think it might be store wide policy, I think it's just saying the digital two weeks thing for DR3 because it comes with the physical version aswell, which I assume is only actual pre orders and not for 2 weeks after release. IIRC when they announced XB1 they made a big deal about it being available for 2 weeks, that's where I got the idea from anyway, but I can't find anything on xbox.com about it other than that

KingClown

I've been really looking forward to this game for awhile now. I never got to play the first one since I didn't have an Xbone, but I'm glad that this one made it over to PS4 too because I thought the first game looked awesome. I got to check out the Pre-alpha test and had a great time, and now I'm ready for the full course!

Also, added myself to the the spreadsheet for ps4 and will request network joinage when the kinks have been worked out with the networks.

What Titans do you guys most want to try out? For me, I'm all about small, fast, and light so both the Ronin and the Northstar look right up my alley.

Rayme

Turned down my sensitivity, helped me do a lot better in controlling my aim. Also switched to the shotgun (the not-mastiff). Did loads better. I can't fight at long range for shit (at least out of my titan), and that is gonna affect me on maps like homestead. Also goosing people with Ion is the fucking best.

If all goes according to plan, we'll be adding a bunch of new gamepad options in a patch. Including a simple one for separate ADS sensitivity. I've taken to a higher hipfire speed and a normal ADS speed in our playtests; others here have gone the opposite direction.

I'm only a few missions in, but I am definitely liking the campaign. It's kind of refreshing in how low energy much of it has been. (The Valve comparisons make sense.) I don't mean to suggest it's dull, it's not, but the slower pacing gives it an unusual feel. Very different than the multiplayer!

SwolBro

Banned
If all goes according to plan, we'll be adding a bunch of new gamepad options in a patch. Including a simple one for separate ADS sensitivity. I've taken to a higher hipfire speed and a normal ADS speed in our playtests; others here have gone the opposite direction.

is there separate sensitivity option for titans? or is that also coming later?

i'd really like to have pilot speed at very high and titan at high.

Tovarisc

Just fyi I also requested a refund from GMG, got it in about 2 hours and immediately received a cdkeys code after payment, pre-loading now.

Kinda embarrassing for GMG with direct EA hook up for TFall 2 keys. They can't get keys in time while 3rd party site has stock and for cheaper.

Movement's feeling a lot more natural to me now. It takes a good amount of experimentation and patience, but I think I like it more than the original's movement now. Sliding backwards at full speed while firing off a Mastiff round is just sublime.

Added a link to the TitanfallGAF Discord server to the post under the OP.

Izuna

Banned
I want whatever Doom has for its controls. I can play that game straight up no auto-aim and perform better than I can in others.

I'm regretting that I canceled my VPN a few months ago. I'm contemplating doing something stupid and subscribing for a month again just so I can unlock this.

Kinda embarrassing for GMG with direct EA hook up for TFall 2 keys. They can't get keys in time while 3rd party site has stock and for cheaper.

It's pretty bad. It's not the first time either. Think I mentioned it before but Overwatch was delivered almost a full day in to the release so I wouldn't have high hopes for Titanfall 2 at this point. I don't think I'd ever preorder a game with them.

B00TE

This is awesome.

You don't need the VPN once the game has been unlocked

Yeah, I know. I turned it off, but Origin window itself eventually just freezes on me and I can't see my friends list or anything until I restart it (which I have to use the VPN again, for now). I can launch the game from the system tray even when it's 'frozen' but if I try to invite or bring the up the overlay, all I get is a white screen.

Marvel

could never
Gave up, MP just isn't functioning right now.

Hopefully things are smoother in the coming days, had a blast when it worked.

robotrock

Banned
The last time I used Green Man Gaming was when they told me a day before release that my Star Wars Battlefront key would be delayed for six days, and they sent this really crummy email about it that started with this garbage

Hi robotrock,

There’s been a disturbance in the force.

Lren

I'm already pining for some form of Frontier Defense. The pilot abilities and the new titan setup would just be AMAZING for it.

Chris1

I'm already pining for some form of Frontier Defense. The pilot abilities and the new titan setup would just be AMAZING for it.

Will come eventually I think considering how popular it was in 1.

Wonder if they'll bring back marked for death and stuff too. I'm hoping for a kill confirmed type of mode but dunno how it will work with Titans etc, loved that in COD

DKo5

Respawn Entertainment
Gave up, MP just isn't functioning right now.

Hopefully things are smoother in the coming days, had a blast when it worked.

What data-center are you connected to? What ping is reported on main menu? If you can get a video of what you're seeing that would be helpful too.

SaganIsGOAT

Self control?

It was clearly marked as a spoiler and inside proper tags. People have had access to the game for several hours, so yeah, campaign stuff will be posted.

I must have tapped it when I was scrolling down the page on my ipad because when I scrolled back up it was just out in plain sight. Sucks for me!

Marvel

could never
What data-center are you connected to? What ping is reported on main menu? If you can get a video of what you're seeing that would be helpful too.
Sure thing.

London 19ms

I've had this for about 45 mins straight, sometimes I'll actually get into a game only to be frozen in place and kicked with the same message. Or just stuck hearing everyone fighting but on a black screen. (With access to the pause menu if I press options)

Here's a video hope that helps, thanks for replying.

https://youtu.be/BU8xd57cMvs

renzolama

Played through the first couple hours of the campaign. It's hard to discuss it without resorting to hyperbole, but it really feels fresh and unique compared to what you've come to expect in a multiplayer-focused FPS campaign. The way the campaign utilizes the movement is very gratifying and it ends up often feeling like a well crafted third person platformer-shooter but with extremely high quality first person shooting mechanics. I think I saw some comparisons to Vanquish, and that's probably the most apt campaign style I could come up with too; not necessarily in terms of look/style, but rather in the way the movement is an integral part of the experience/combat. It's early, but in terms of pure enjoyment it's up there with Doom for me at this point. In the words of jazzy jeff, it just feels really fucking good.

Sure thing.

London 19ms

I've had this for about 45 mins straight, sometimes I'll actually get into a game only to be frozen in place and kicked with the same message. Or just stuck hearing everyone fighting but on a black screen. (With access to the pause menu if I press options)

Here's a video hope that helps, thanks for replying.

https://youtu.be/BU8xd57cMvs
Yuck. I see your problem right there---you aren't using Legion. That must be it.

Izuna

Banned
Whyyyy there's a 0 gamerscore achievement for placing top 3 in the Gauntlet scoreboards.

I wonder if I can snag this when the game drops. I suck at these modes.

Well just got an immediate refund. Every data center available had a minimum of 250ms. What a joke. Game was completely unplayable

Where the hell do you live?

renzolama

The last time I used Green Man Gaming was when they told me a day before release that my Star Wars Battlefront key would be delayed for six days, and they sent this really crummy email about it that started with this garbage

Man, it made me angry just to read that even now

Not many people playing in the US on PC yet it seems. Had to play Bounty Hunt as my first online match as that was the only mode that had enough players. It remains subpar and I have the same issues with the mode that I did in the Tech Test.

But then I got into an Attrition match. That mode still maintains that sweet TF magic. It's super good and super satisfying.

NMFried

Been playing my review copy and here is my brief impression after finishing the campaign.

Best shooter of the gen. Right up there with Wolfenstein.

Whyyyy there's a 0 gamerscore achievement for placing top 3 in the Gauntlet scoreboards.

I wonder if I can snag this when the game drops. I suck at these modes.

Where the hell do you live?

Philippines, unfortunately. No idea why it's like that. Every other game I play online doesn't have ridiculous ping.

edit: even subscribed to wtfast(VPN) and it improved the latency but it kept going from 100 to 250 in random spikes every 5 seconds. What a goddamn shame too. It looked reeaaaaaalllly fun.

Top Bottom