• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Bounty Hunt still isn't overall fun to play for me. Just keep getting killed and it makes risky trips to the bank pointless. Get killed by grunts for $60. Go deposit $20! I have equally appalling scores too.

Finally unlocked Ronin, but I'm not getting the hype. He feels closer to the Stryder, but so weak and fragile. Has Scorch's range, but with half the HP. Melee is good on grunts and stuff though.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Why is bounty hunt the first thing on the multiplayer screen.

Mode just isn't very fun IMO.

So, after realizing that Overcore works for more than one Core per Titan, I've been using it on Legion. I see why it's ridiculous on him now.

Dez_

Those of you having trouble with Legion play Scorch and walk up to him while holding flame shield up till he blows up.

Just tried this in the last match I played tonight. I was surprised to see how effective that was, though I couldn't entirely tell how much of that was from my team shooting Legion. I want to try and play as Scorch a little bit more. I was turned away due to the incredibly low rate of fire, but landing those shots do feel really satisfying.

Deps

Starting to really like complex. Getting most of my best games there, and in the last few days haven't ran into any teams just holding a lane all game. Crash sites still wacK

aravuus

I really need a sandbox mode to try out the other titans, still can't move on from Ion. Are the SP campaign titans identical to their MP counterparts? I guess I could use the campaign to learn the other titans.

Animator

Just tried this in the last match I played tonight. I was surprised to see how effective that was, though I couldn't entirely tell how much of that was from my team shooting Legion. I want to try and play as Scorch a little bit more. I was turned away due to the incredibly low rate of fire, but landing those shots do feel really satisfying.

Put up the extra shield dmg perk and you can destroy a Tone in about two seconds from full health if you walk up to one and put your hand in it's face.

joecanada

Does anyone know of a quick reference guide for controls ? I still don't know how to dash with Titan on ps4 and I don't see a tutorial anywhere . Not interested in campaign

Keihart

Does anyone know of a quick reference guide for controls ? I still don't know how to dash with Titan on ps4 and I don't see a tutorial anywhere . Not interested in campaign

You could press every button and see what it does...i do that all the time. Not every titan dashes tho, keep that in mind.

xviper

i see lots of people saying the campaign is a masterpiece, is it on bar with MW1\2 and Halo games ?? and how long is it ?

MGrant

i see lots of people saying the campaign is a masterpiece, is it on bar with MW1\2 and Halo games ?? and how long is it ?

4-6 hours. It's a masterpiece in level design and game mechanics. It doesn't have the same much-celebrated "epic" feel that something like Halo 1 had, with free movement around large levels and interesting enemy AI, so don't go into it looking for that. What it does have is excellent pacing, a great character, incredible platforming, and memorable setpieces.

lol, the sonar/map hack spam really is ridiculous. Played for ~3 hours a little while ago, and every other team was running this set up. Both sides coated in orange for like 80% of the match, even before Tone is called out. What a mess. Sooo many of the killcams are people quick turning or tracking you because of wall hacks.

SwolBro

Banned
lol, the sonar/map hack spam really is ridiculous. Played for ~3 hours a little while ago, and every other team was running this set up. Both sides coated in orange for like 80% of the match, even before Tone is called out. What a mess. Sooo many of the killcams are people quick turning or tracking you because of wall hacks.

Yea I'm shelving it a bit til they fix that or get rid of it..

They've been getting drilled on here and on reddit. i'm sure a fix is coming shortly.

you can't even parkour on complex without being pinged and then killed. imagine that map with no wall hacks. you'd parkour all over people.

Sojgat

Yeah, I have zero problems with the knife, but map hack becomes super frustrating when everyone on the other team is running it.

I've been practicing bunny hopping and everything just clicked for me today. Got the achievement for getting in the top 3 in gauntlet. This is significant for me since I'm new to Titanfall in general.

I'm going to beat the campaign in Master difficulty before hitting multiplayer. Already beat it on Hard. Definitely the best campaign I've played since Halo 1 or Half-Life 2. It feels very similar to Vanquish, and I would even go as far as saying that Titanfall 2 surpasses it, which is something I really did not expect.

I hope the PC community grows and sticks around for the long run. This game absolutely deserves praise and popularity.

haikira

I've started using scorch and I'm a big fan, but i've never swapped out my primary pilot weapon, the R-201 I think it's called? What's everyone around here using for their primary?

TheRed

I will never get tired of this.
Still yet to give other titans a try lol.
Amazing game, more people need to pick it up on PC because it's so good.
source.gif

source.gif

source.gif

source.gif

source.gif

source.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I've started using scorch and I'm a big fan, but i've never swapped out my primary pilot weapon, the R-201 I think it's called? What's everyone around here using for their primary?

I started using EPG as a joke/experiment but it's been working extremely well. So mostly that and sometimes CAR. It's great for Bounty Hunt/Attrition.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Ya but does the controls screen tell you how to say use grenade during rodeo? Is it just grenade button? I still want a test mode.

If you jump on a Titan that still has its battery, you yank the battery out (doing quite a bit of damage).

If you jump on a Titan with no battery, you drop in a grenade, killing it outright in most cases.

In either of these situations they may pop electric smoke as soon as you're on/near them, in which case, press jump to abort the rodeo animation. (Although note that it can't be aborted after a certain point.)

Just keep playing matches and you'll soon learn how these kinds of mechanics work.
You could also watch some Youtube videos for hints and ideas on how to adapt your playstyle.

Bought this yesterday and I've played one Attrition match and about four (I think) campaign missions (just defeated the first merc boss in his big chunky titan and pinched his earpiece).

Very impressed so far. I'm not a big multiplayer gamer, but the movement here is very refreshing (I haven't played the first game) and I like that even if you're not so good against human players there are AI enemies to take down to at least make it feel like you're making some progress.

On the campaign side I'm finding it really enjoyable so far. Combat is very fun and most of the level design is great. Due to the mobility it always feels like there are options for approaching enemies, and I like how there's a mix of indoor and outdoor environments, and lots of platforming and wall-running integrated into combat areas. BT is great, I like the sci-fi aspects and the environments are beautiful. Very impressed and this wasn't really on my radar at all until I bought it yesterday on a whim, although I don't want to play too much as I don't want to finish the campaign in the first two or three nights of owning it.

If you jump on a Titan that still has its battery, you yank the battery out (doing quite a bit of damage).

If you jump on a Titan with no battery, you drop in a grenade, killing it outright in most cases.

Incorrect. If you aren't carrying a battery, you take one from the enemy Titan, doing damage. If you have a battery (either from that Titan or another) and you rodeo it, you drop a grenade, doing damage. The damage is about equal to yanking a battery. It's not a one grenade kill, unless it's doomed.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Not true. It does marginal damage at most, same as pulling a battery out I think.

Incorrect. If you aren't carrying a battery, you take one from the enemy Titan, doing damage. If you have a battery (either from that Titan or another) and you rodeo it, you drop a grenade, doing damage. The damage is about equal to yanking a battery. It's not a one grenade kill, unless it's doomed.

Aha! Thanks for the correction.
I thought it was a "one battery per Titan" system rather than being determined by the pilot performing rodeo.
The few times I've popped a grenade, they must have been doomed, giving me that false impression about the damage.

Alx

i was playing withh a party earlier and we were talking regen for pilots

yes, your progress resets!

Do you gain XP quicker with each generation though ? I liked that in the first Titanfall as it made reaching the final level seem less tedious and more achievable. But the way it's handled here with discrete increments makes me guess you don't get a multiplier ?

Izuna

Banned
Do you gain XP quicker with each generation though ? I liked that in the first Titanfall as it made reaching the final level seem less tedious and more achievable. But the way it's handled here with discrete increments makes me guess you don't get a multiplier ?

Nope, at least, not in Gen 2.

And you keep all your skins. Weapon levels and their unlocks (attachments) stay. Inc Titans.

Anything you bought with credits also stays.

biteren

it wasnt clear on that, im not sensing faster progression so far

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I really wish you could mix and match Titan loadouts. I love Ion's gun and his balance of speed and hp but fuck Laser Shot and double fuck Tripwire.

Alpha_eX

I really wish you could mix and match Titan loadouts. I love Ion's gun and his balance of speed and hp but fuck Laser Shot and double fuck Tripwire.

The game would become horribly unbalanced if you could mix and match the best things from other Titans. I like it as it is, every Titan has a trade off in a way.

Alx

Nope, at least, not in Gen 2.

And you keep all your skins. Weapon levels and their unlocks (attachments) stay. Inc Titans.

Anything you bought with credits also stays.

it wasnt clear on that, im not sensing faster progression so far

Thanks for the feedback. That's a bummer ; I wonder what the point of generations may be in this game anyway, since there's no challenge to pass each one. It's just filling bars for the sake of filling bars I guess.

What makes this campaign so amazing?

Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying it and am grateful that Respawn crafted a campaign this time around. It was the thing I most wanted last time.

I like the movement, the gunplay is fun and it's fluid. However, a lot of the trappings feel kind of generic, like the enemies and some of the stages.

Note that I'm just about at the half-way point so I haven't finished it. I'm playing on hard, and have had some cheap deaths, but outside of the female boss it hasn't been too bad. She's pretty cheap.

I hope to finish it tomorrow, and think it's of quality. But, with all of the buzz here, I was expecting my socks to be blown off and for me to want to keep it just to replay the campaign -- something I don't get doing much.

Apples_89

Is anyone else getting some static through their headphones while playing - especially in MP? I'm using A50s, and when the action gets intense the sound gets compromised and it's really distracting. I remember a similar issue in the tech test but I thought for sure it would have been fixed for the final release. Other reports of similar issues would at least assure me that it's not just my setup causing problems.

KorrZ

I haven't been so addicted to MP in awhile. This game is just pure fun to play, even with some of the map hack bullshit.

I keep telling myself I'm going to go back to the campaign (only played the first mission) but every time I boot the game up it's "Oh I'll just do a quick match or two of MP first" *2 hours later*

Everdred

Just beat the campaign on the hardest difficulty. Took me almost 6 hours, I loved it. The multiplayer on the other hand, I'm not enjoying at all. I just do not find it fun. The AI is annoying, the maps are awesome looking but play mediocre, the grappling hook changes the gameplay in a way I don't enjoy and the Titan combat just isn't as fun as the first game.

Top Bottom