• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
I suck ass with the hemlok, lol. May just not be for me, gonna give it a few more games tho.

Using it now just to level up faster. You need to be a bit more conservative with it and engage in medium and long range. I use cloak with it to take out snipers. XD

I can't stress enough how well weapons are in this game. It's like every gun s viable. Heck, I even dick around with the grenadier guns just to unlock stuff.

What level do Titans need to hit in order to Regen? Got to level 20 with Tone and nothing yet.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
Biggest pops so far easily online last night....(25k or so if I remember rightly, PS4): maybe this good word of mouth is working for the game! :)

SwolBro

Banned
Tone is so OP, everything it has is powerful.

she's not that Op. shes' the best titan yes but LEgion is the biggest pain in the fucking ass. You rarely can beat a decent legion player 1v1. yes, you can run away but that stupid chaingun cannon can rip you up from so far away

Also, respawn please fix this!! i can't change gun skins without having a server timeout

Izuna

Banned
Why do you go with firestar over grenades/gravity star/stun grenades?

The damage it does to a titan. It is easy to hit. Also I get a bunch of Pilot kills and minion kills (I can get all 4) etc.

In Bounty Hunt, I can use it to trap windows.

But mostly, it's because its the best against Titans and build time.

i have a buffalo wild wings code to give out. custom buffalo wild wing nose art and coliseum ticket.

guess my pilot default load out. basically the load out i use the most.

• Pilot Tactical:
  • Ordinance:
  • Gun:
  • Secondary gun:
  • Kit 1:
  • Kit 2:

• Pilot Tactical: Pulse Blade
  • Ordinance: Arc Granade
  • Gun: R-201
  • Secondary gun: Mag Launcher
  • Kit 1: Power Cell
  • Kit 2: Kill Report

Iorv3th

The networks really need to be changed. Because i'm on the dallas data center there is always 0 people on titangaf network. How am I supposed to play with anyone on here if it's by datacenter?

The networks really need to be changed. Because i'm on the dallas data center there is always 0 people on titangaf network. How am I supposed to play with anyone on here if it's by datacenter?

wait, the network population is based on datacenter too? da fuck? I'm like one of 3 people in the Mountain Timezone....

I'm trying to do multiplayer and I can't get any games. It just keeps going to 2/10, 3/10 then goes down again.

I tried to match for Free for All and CTF and that's just showing 0 people in my region.

Some of the posts here gave me the impression that people actually play that LTS mode so I tried queueing for that too and no dice as well.

Gator86

Tone is so OP, everything it has is powerful.

Yup. I just regenerated and have been trying all the stuff I didn't use. I must give it to Respawn: every titan is a joy to use. It's amazing. I'm even loving Northstar now. What an incredible job on the titans. I was pretty skeptical of the hero titan plan, but it works.

That said, regardless of who I play out of the 6, every time I see a Tone, my first thought is "goddammit." Just no bad match ups and always a pain in the ass to take down.

Also, what's the point of selecting different factions? I didn't see any benefits.

It's just so you can unlock different callsigns/patches.

Also, in the beginning of a match, when you are about to jump out of the ship, the person who talks to you is different depending on what faction you choose.

sun-drop

kinda surprised at the lack of youtube video of people demo'd the various boosts ... almost got enough credits to unlock on and would like some tips on which.

think i'm going with phase rewind or decoy

Definitely a known issue, prompting active debate.

I'm glad the Tone discussion has been picked up on Respawn's SONAR.. Wouldn't want the audience to think you're a company without a PULSE, y'know like a company without a beating heart. Wouldn't want anyone to think you guys have built a WALL around yourselves like a bunch of HACKS. Especially with a hardcore LEGION of fans praising the game from the mountaintops.

I'm sure all you fine people are aware of the other areas that need to be looked at. I don't have to say anything, you folks got it covered. Great developer. Fine people. The best people.

KodaRuss

kinda surprised at the lack of youtube video of people demo'd the various boosts ... almost got enough credits to unlock on and would like some tips on which.

think i'm going with phase rewind or decoy

Ya, I was saying this earlier. There is definitely some YouTuber opportunities out there.

E92 M3

It's just so you can unlock different callsigns/patches.

Also, in the beginning of a match, when you are about to jump out of the ship, the person who talks to you is different depending on what faction you choose.

Is there a list of which factions unlock what and what's the max level for each?

Also, do factions reset with regeneration?

--

On a glitchy note: It seems like titan executions don't always work. Plenty of times I smacked doomed Titans and nothing happened.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Its not the best Titan overall but I find Ronin the most enjoyable to play with. All the dashes you can do and add in phase dash and you can really close in on an unsuspecting Titan and wail on them a good bit, even retreat with a dash you might not of used and use sword block to mitigate damage.

SwolBro

Banned
This is what happened in Destiny. Nerf something and something else got really strong and vice versa. So its a constant run of changes now.

it's about small tweaks. don't get why developers always go fucking overboard with shit.

simple tweaks

• Tone: sonar pulse doesn't paint rocket mark
  • Legion: smart core shorter, damage drop off at distance
  • Ion: wire trap does more damage
  • Northstar: core does more damage (this change is already coming) , two tether traps instead of 1 to start
  • Ronin: bigger lead wall clip, arc blade does more damage at distance

these small simple changes would go a long way i think.

Alternator is my baby - have regened it many times. Just love how it feels.

For me, the Alternator is up there with the M16 + MP5 + P90 in CoD4, the M82 in Killzone 2, the PT92 in Max Payne 3, etc. Like it's defining my time with Titanfall 2 right now. The Gunrunner hipfire kills with it look and feel amazing.

To Nerf Tone is to make Legion stronger. To Nerf Legion is to make Ion OP af

Good luck Respawn, can't be easy

This post makes no sense, lol. Tone and Ion counter Legion, the latter because the Vortex Shield is one of the only real hard counters to Legion's firepower, the former because she counters everything. Nerfing Tone makes Legion a little stronger in comparison, but nerfing Legion doesn't make Ion OP at all, since her short/mid range damage output is so puny.

RedFury

so who do you use?
Scorch, and now found success with a nuclear spec Northstar. Catch legions like 90% of the time and Tones around 70% with Nuclear eject. I play it safe chipping big damage if I get caught off guard or in the open I'll dash in to 'reset' so to speak. Get a nuclear core kill and have another Titan ready to go. Legion is just to slow to get away from the nuke.

Izuna

Banned
This post makes no sense, lol. Tone and Ion counter Legion, the latter because the Vortex Shield is one of the only real hard counters to Legion's firepower, the former because she counters everything. Nerfing Tone makes Legion a little stronger in comparison, but nerfing Legion doesn't make Ion OP at all, since her short/mid range damage output is so puny.

I didn't put much thought in the specifics, but I'm sort of saying that there's a tier list here and if Tone and Legion get a nerf Ion becomes the best.

Mupod

Tried using an energy LMG and the mastiff. Projectile weapons in this game have serious issues. Half the time I visibly land hits, no damage registers. What's the point in projectiles with a travel time when they disappear when you die in .0001 seconds to automatic hitscan guns that hit harder anyways?

so far haven't found a single gun I like to be honest. I get to choose between boring or broken.

KodaRuss

Scorch, and now found success with a nuclear spec Northstar. Catch legions like 90% of the time and Tones around 70% with Nuclear eject. I play it safe chipping big damage if I get caught off guard or in the open I'll dash in to 'reset' so to speak. Get a nuclear core kill and have another Titan ready to go. Legion is just to slow to get away from the nuke.

I have seen people say this a few times now. How is sacraficing your Titan for maybe 1 kill better than out right killing another Titan and continuing on?

Top Bottom