• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

RedFury

Lol! Yeah, definitely no good.
Those guys did nothing to put up an actual fight. The vast majority of people just run into battle with their titans. How many people play BF take a tank or plane only to drive straight into mines or rpgs even when they KNOW they're there. This is no different.

Miker

Tried using an energy LMG and the mastiff. Projectile weapons in this game have serious issues. Half the time I visibly land hits, no damage registers. What's the point in projectiles with a travel time when they disappear when you die in .0001 seconds to automatic hitscan guns that hit harder anyways?

so far haven't found a single gun I like to be honest. I get to choose between boring or broken.

Although I see your point about dying to hitscan weapons, I haven't had any issues with the Mastiff or Mozambique on PC. I hit the people I expect to and miss the ones I don't.

I didn't put much thought in the specifics, but I'm sort of saying that there's a tier list here and if Tone and Legion get a nerf Ion becomes the best.

Maybe? I mean, Ion's whole place as things stand right now is "can kind of counter legion if things go right." Suffers enormously against the others, other than maybe Ronin who is just too squishy.

Idk, I think it'd work best if they can manage a rock-paper-scissors sorta deal. Right now, the system is broken because of Legion's outrageous damage output and Tone's all-comers skillset. Simply head and shoulders above the rest. I would cautiously agree that maybe buffing other Titans first could be a better answer. Ronin, for instance, could potentially be a great counter to Tone by getting in close and forcing her out from behind her wall, but his healthpool is so puny that trying to close the distance is essentially entirely luck reliant.

I just don't know if it'd work, though. Tone would still have a massive advantage over everybody else at most ranges.

Strider

Map hack detected
Sonar detected
Sonar detected
Map hack detected

It feels never ending... I spend more time being wall hacked than not :/ Patch can't come quick enough

RedFury

I have seen people say this a few times now. How is sacraficing your Titan for maybe 1 kill better than out right killing another Titan and continuing on?
Because it's like you never lost your titan. I can summon a titan down before I land from nuclear ejection. I also never said sacrifice for that intention. I always play my game plan with Northstar it when I'm in a disadvantageous position really low health, etc. That I'll close the gap or let them be aggressive and do it for me because they see my health is so low and think they have the advantage. It works because they don't expect it. If they used they're dashes to get to me they're shit out of luck.

If you are killing enemy Titans with nuclear, they ass
So they're ass because Legion is to slow to run away with his shield out or while he's firing? Ok.

Map hack detected
Sonar detected
Sonar detected
Map hack detected

It feels never ending... I spend more time being wall hacked than not :/ Patch can't come quick enough

Yeah, I don't understand why devs add these types of mechanics. They do nothing for the game, but make it worse.

So is anyone having a similar issue in the campaign where looking down the Iron Sights gets stuck? I keep having to melee to get out of it. I can't tell if it's my controller or the game. I don't have this button issue with any other game.

Xero

Just ran into not being able to accept network invites to games. So now i cant play with friends. The invite screen pops up but pressing y on my xbox controller does nothing.

KodaRuss

Because it's like you never lost your titan. I can summon a titan down before I land from nuclear ejection. I also never said sacrifice for that intention. I always play my game plan with Northstar it when I'm in a disadvantageous position really low health, etc. That I'll close the gap or let them be aggressive and do it for me because they see my health is so low and think they have the advantage. It works because they don't expect it. If they used they're dashes to get to me they're shit out of luck.

So they're ass because Legion is to slow to run away with his shield out or while he's firing? Ok.

Northstar is getting a buff sometime soon says respawn and they have already commented that Tone is being looked at closely for a nerf. I dont know what more evidence you need to see that Northstar is the weaker class.

Like what was said before if you are killing Titans with nuclear a lot there is no way those players know how to deal with a Legion either because they are bad.

E92 M3

For me, the Alternator is up there with the M16 + MP5 + P90 in CoD4, the M82 in Killzone 2, the PT92 in Max Payne 3, etc. Like it's defining my time with Titanfall 2 right now. The Gunrunner hipfire kills with it look and feel amazing.

You hit the nail on the head. The P90 and MP5 were adored by me. Red Tiger MP5 with a silencer was my main setup.

I would rather them buff the other titans than nerf tone...

Yep, the other Titans are underperforming. Tone is very balanced.

Yeah, I don't understand why devs add these types of mechanics. They do nothing for the game, but make it worse.
The best I can think of is that they always wanted to keep things moving towards carnage. Map hacks and sonar pings cause players to converge and keeps the murder at a heady pace. Its just, not in the fun way as there are no smart or fun counters on offer.

As it stands almost every Attrition match I've played is over just as things are getting really interesting, and then whoosh, its on to the next.

RedFury

Northstar is getting a buff sometime soon says respawn and they have already commented that Tone is being looked at closely for a nerf. I dont know what more evidence you need to see that Northstar is the weaker class.

Like what was said before if you are killing Titans with nuclear a lot there is no way those players know how to deal with a Legion either because they are bad.
???
My argument is not that Northstar is better than Tone or Legion. I'm saying that when each titan is use like they're supposed to be they are just as nasty. The only one I'd argue does not meet that criteria is Ronin. Even in close as intended he just doesn't match up against anyone but Northstar...that's the shit end of the stick.

Mupod

I started using Northstar but use Tone now. Tone is so much better it's ridiculous. I don't even know if nerfs/buffs would make a difference without completely changing Northstar's ability set. I would trade all of northstar's abilities for one of Tone's, they are that bad. Shame because the sniper gun is fun.

Anyways I'm still continuing my quest of trying every weapon. But it's really disheartening at how I have no success with anything other than the starter rifle.

Alternator was recommended but it's so inaccurate that I can't do anything with it. Haven't unlocked Volt yet.

I already mentioned how busted projectile guns are. If not for this I'd love the EPG-1 since it's quake rockets. But you can only watch your shots disappear midair so many times before you give up in frustration.

I'm not sure about the role of LMGs. Why would you use this over an AR? The energy one was interesting with its overheat mechanic but the damage didn't seem worth the trouble of its slow projectiles.

I like the feel and movement of pilot combat but I'm at such a huge disadvantage in every fight for reasons I don't understand. No enemy pilots show up on radar but everybody always knows what direction I'm coming from. I'm assuming this is that fourth pilot ability I don't have yet. But goddamn it's frustrating being shot by stuff you never see.

I still don't understand why hardpoint has this awful amped mechanic. Removing it would not only make a better game mode, but it would also help to increase the length of most matches which often end way too fast.

KodaRuss

I don't even think Legion or Tone are good.

???
My argument is not that Northstar is better than Tone or Legion. I'm saying that when each titan is use like they're supposed to be they are just as nasty. The only one I'd argue does not meet that criteria is Ronin. Even in close as intended he just doesn't match up against anyone but Northstar...that's the shit end of the stick.

Well I dont know what to say then. Legion and Tone are basically great out of the box. Ion as well. The other three take a lot of patience and many times the right circumstances for them to be worthwhile imo.

WinFonda

soo... why can't i have an anti-titan weapon if i want to pistol primary? anti-titan weapons are like a must in most modes and if I wanna rock the pistol it puts me at a big disadvantage because of that... weird design choice

soo... why can't i have an anti-titan weapon if i want to pistol primary? anti-titan weapons are like a must in most modes and if I wanna rock the pistol it puts me at a big disadvantage because of that... weird design choice

Why dont you use the grenadier weapons? Theyre really good against titans.

RedFury

Well I dont know what to say then. Legion and Tone are basically great out of the box. Ion as well. The other three take a lot of patience and many times the right circumstances for them to be worthwhile imo.
I mean as good as people are making them seem. Cobalt is a TF1 vet and a better player than most. I wouldn't call his videos evidence to how OP they are. I'm sure he could make scorch or ion look nasty.

daedalius

I love Last Titan Standing so much, reminds me of my clan days in Mechwarrior mercenaries.

Also Tone is my jam, such a good kit. I really need to try some of the others!

Mechazawa

Holy.

FUCKING.

SHIT.

Where has the Devotion been all my life? This thing is INCREDIBLE. I hereby induct this weapon as the unofficial third shotgun of the game.

Ih9OlnV.png

IqU1ugy.png

ACShewi.png

rSJHkEc.png

GAF is showing people how to play bounty hunt.

Just finished the campaign, wow it really was pretty fantastic. I can't believe this year we had Doom and this game for campaigns. I haven't enjoyed this many shooter campaigns in a year since 2007!

It was definitely worth purchasing for the campaign alone. As someone who hit tenth generation and got every single damn achievement, legit, in the first Titanfall I am a bit disappointed with the multiplayer, but I hope to play it more and enjoy it!

Top Bottom