• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Strider

Managed to score over 220 points on attrition. Some of these players are pretty bad. I feel that a lot of people just run around looking for pilot kills. I get a lot of pilot kills but I also spend a lot of time using my Titan to kill troops and whatnot.

Yea they do

For me I generally dont kill many AI without my Titan. It's a good way to show on the radar then die... So in this time period I will use nades n stuff for AI but generally seek out other pilots.

Once I get my Titan tho I'm farming minions like I'm a carry in Dota 2.

Izuna

Banned
His bunnyhop controller tutorial is more in depth than Gamesagers and shows hands on controller video.

If you don't want to spend extra money you can just claw

I still don't like how you need to strafe 100% on controller to get air control. I really hope Respawn understands how unintuitive that is for controller and lets us do it at a 45 degree angle on controllers

Y+ = up
Y+ & X+/- should give us air controler

atm we have Y.0 & X+/- imperative for air control

it's especially annoying because you need to hold up to wall run. I'm like 90% used to it but it is by no means comfortable. On keyboard it's simple

Cake Boss

Banned
This game is like Overwatch, playing with randoms and even if you dominate, you will still get a loss. you can't carry a team on your back. You need at least 1 other capable person with you to win some games.

I lost 6 straight games where I was with myself, placed first in each one, but team was no help. A friend came on, we went on a 10-0 streak before bed time :)

It's good an bad in some ways.

Izuna

Banned
Guys wtf

Scorch's Tempered Plating is incredible holy shit?

Decrease self damage from fire. This means he can literally wreck a Titan by trapping them and using flame shield :eek:

I wonder if it's as good as I hope

Some clips are gunna be uploaded methinks

I'm really loving this game. Switched to evolved button layout, and learned how to bunny hop. Air strafing and chaining it with wallrunning could still use some work. It gets really frustrating when camping is such a viable strategy though. I feel like people don't utilize the movement enough, and I get easily picked off when I'm constantly running around.

I wonder if map hack was a way to prevent people from camping, but it seems to mostly handicap people who actually use the mobility.

Ouch... gotta have that mic! lol Yeah callouts are so very important.

Let's get Bandito in here too...

I've heard so many say they havent seen the lag and then so many say they have. It's really weird.

I've played a decent amount with Ultima and Alfredo (other Gaf members) and they've both experienced the lag with me. But it could also just be some people are more sensitive to that stuff. Who knows lol

You, Chrono, Ultima and Alfredo and i should group up for some competitive Hardpoint and CTF in TF2!

Annnnnd also some MW:R ;P

let's do it!

Schlorgan

Guys wtf

Decrease self damage from fire. This means he can literally wreck a Titan by trapping them and using flame shield :eek:

I unlocked Legion and did terribly, then moved to Scorch and did way better. Scorch is pretty rad.
You could say that he's some hot shit.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I'm really loving this game. Switched to evolved button layout, and learned how to bunny hop. Air strafing and chaining it with wallrunning could still use some work. It gets really frustrating when camping is such a viable strategy though. I feel like people don't utilize the movement enough, and I get easily picked off when I'm constantly running around.

I wonder if map hack was a way to prevent people from camping, but it seems to mostly handicap people who actually use the mobility.

Which one is evolved?

I switched to Bumper Jumper in Blops3, so I've been using that for Tf2 and it works well enough, haven't tried bunnyhopping yet though.

Which one is evolved?

I switched to Bumper Jumper in Blops3, so I've been using that for Tf2 and it works well enough, haven't tried bunnyhopping yet though.

Evolved is L1 for jump and R3 for crouch (PS4). It makes it not necessary to get an elite controller or do the claw for bunny hopping.

I played the campaign on regular controls, began using bumper jumper on MP, and then learned about bunny hopping and switched to evolved.

E92 M3

This never gets old:

7aQlzMr.gif

euvvxUY.gif

RedFury

Guys wtf

Yup it's only a matter of time before you see how OP he is :) I prefer longer more damaging flame shield personally.

EL CUCO

Evolved is L1 for jump and R3 for crouch (PS4). It makes it not necessary to get an elite controller or do the claw for bunny hopping.

I played the campaign on regular controls, began using bumper jumper on MP, and then learned about bunny hopping and switched to evolved.
I keep forgetting to switch to evolved. I like my quick melee on the stick, but I definitely wanna give this a go.

Izuna

Banned
Yup it's only a matter of time before you see how OP he is :) I prefer longer more damaging flame shield personally.

Yeah, I'm thinking so too. It's a shame because Scorch, more than Legion, NEEDS a dash. I would love OverCore to work.

I'm gunna try make it work without a dash first

Is "NeoGAF" the GAF network on PS4? I would love to play with some of you peeps.

That's the network that was created during the Tech Test. Some of us are still in it. Not sure if any other GAF networks are up.

second post in the thread

There is a TitanGAF network on each platform that NeoGAF members can use to coordinate and play together!

PS4: https://www.titanfall.com/en_us/networks/playstation/203441/ (admins: RedFury, Broadbandito)
Xbox One: https://www.titanfall.com/en_us/networks/xbox/272243/ (admin: Cobalt Izuna)
PC: https://www.titanfall.com/en_us/networks/pc/163/ (admins: Codeacious, Joyful)

To get into the network, request membership via the URL above or search for "TitanGAF" in-game.
IMPORTANT: In order to confirm your request, you'll also need to add yourself to the spreadsheet Cobalt Izuna made! Quote this post to see the link to the spreadsheet. If you're having issues accessing the spreadsheet or don't have your membership to the network approved, PM one of the admins of the network for the platform you're on.

The spreadsheet has three tabs, one for each platform.

We have a couple TitanfallGAF Discord channels. Quote this post to get the invite links!
There's also a TitanfallGAF XBO Club managed by SOR5 over in the Xbox Club thread:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1279623

Amped Hardpoint is still my favorite mode. Been trying to get into Bounty Hunt and Attrition but I just don't care for AI farming whatsoever. :p I still have fun, just prefer other modes.

RedFury

Yeah, I'm thinking so too. It's a shame because Scorch, more than Legion, NEEDS a dash. I would love OverCore to work.

I'm gunna try make it work without a dash first
Let me know what you find. I feel the dash is to essential for his long game (peek>shoot>dash to cover) and for closing the distance to flame shield a target that uselessly trys to squirm away. I truly believe he's low key OP. He out DPSes sword core Ronin with flame shield while also taking reduced damage. A single well placed flame trap is almost enough for flame core.

f@luS

More than a member.
Just got it for 40 bucks

Do we know if multiplayer will also have increased resolution and stuff with the Pro ? If so I'll wait to play it

Just got it for 40 bucks

Do we know if multiplayer will also have increased resolution and stuff with the Pro ? If so I'll wait to play it

The game already has the pro patch. We will have to wait and see what it brings. I can understand waiting for SP but don't wait on MP!

Fury451

Banned
Managed to score over 220 points on attrition. Some of these players are pretty bad. I feel that a lot of people just run around looking for pilot kills. I get a lot of pilot kills but I also spend a lot of time using my Titan to kill troops and whatnot.

I imagine a lot of people are new to the series like I am, and while I don't think the game is overly complicated there are some things that are pretty vague unless you're familiar with how it plays. For example I've noticed playing amped hardpoint, a lot of people will charge the hardpoint thenimmediately run off. I don't think everybody realizes that someone has to keep it charged.

Izuna

Banned
Let me know what you find. I feel the dash is to essential for his long game(peek>shoot>dash to cover) and for closing the distance to flame shield a target that uselessly trys to squirm away. I truly believe he's low key OP. He out DPSes sword core Ronin with flame shield while taking reduced damage. A single well placed flame trap is almost enough for flame core.

A few things with Scorch

Dash IS essential. Otherwise, Thermal Shield is worthless and you can't zone with the Firewall.

Pilots seem to jump off when you crouch and look up with Thermal Shield. Even though it doesn't damage them (patched out I think) they get scared, maybe it makes their screen red (I want to test this).

Good aim with his primary is super important. If you can't kill pilots mid-range, Goose every now and then or hit a Northstar on the other side of the map with it, don't bother. Scorch's DPS on any one ability is pretty bad, and his Core does like half the damage of other Titans.

You have to be careful with the dash so not to hurt yourself. Fire Wall and Incendiary Traps are for Titans, not just the minions. Get used to using Fire Wall to cover as much area as possible in the path they'd need to move towards you, and use the gas to hit where they should be.

Incendiary Trap (gas) should be spaced out. You don't need to shoot of both at the same time, but if you don't, don't cover the same area. I don't believe the damage stacks, and even if it does, it's important to trap them.

If you're close range, ALWAYS use your Thermal Shield. It's the most damaging you can be and chances are, if you're fighting 1 vs. 2 you're not going to beat them both anyway, so just make sure you take one down. I would advise not using the Core just as you get it but when enemy health is low. You can catch a lot of Titans off guard with it, leaving them no time to eject.

Screenshot-Original.png

Scorch is far more fun than say, Tone.

Tone appears to be his counter pick. Tone is faster, hits harder with more accuracy, and has a more damaging core ability that can cover more situations. So far I think it's best to just gas behind Tone, light it up while seeing if you can dash in. So far I think Tone in particular might be a trade at best if you go 1v1.

I like Inferno Shield. But for LTS, I can see a non-dash Scorch using increased Firewall duration to hold down some lanes.

--

Just to ad, carrying with Scorch is NOT easy.

RedFury

A few things with Scorch

Dash IS essential. Otherwise, Thermal Shield is worthless and you can't zone with the Firewall.

Pilots seem to jump off when you crouch and look up with Thermal Shield. Even though it doesn't damage them (patched out I think) they get scared, maybe it makes their screen red (I want to test this).

Good aim with his primary is super important. If you can't kill pilots mid-range, Goose every now and then or hit a Northstar on the other side of the map with it, don't bother. Scorch's DPS on any one ability is pretty bad, and his Core does like half the damage of other Titans.

You have to be careful with the dash so not to hurt yourself. Fire Wall and Incendiary Traps are for Titans, not just the minions. Get used to using Fire Wall to cover as much area as possible in the path they'd need to move towards you, and use the gas to hit where they should be.

Incendiary Trap (gas) should be spaced out. You don't need to shoot of both at the same time, but if you don't, don't cover the same area. I don't believe the damage stacks, and even if it does, it's important to trap them.

If you're close range, ALWAYS use your Thermal Shield. It's the most damaging you can be and chances are, if you're fighting 1 vs. 2 you're not going to beat them both anyway, so just make sure you take one down. I would advise not using the Core just as you get it but when enemy health is low. You can catch a lot of Titans off guard with it, leaving them no time to eject.

Screenshot-Original.png

Scorch is far more fun than say, Tone.

Tone appears to be his counter pick. Tone is faster, hits harder with more accuracy, and has a more damaging core ability that can cover more situations. So far I think it's best to just gas behind Tone, light it up while seeing if you can dash in. So far I think Tone in particular might be a trade at best if you go 1v1.

I like Inferno Shield. But for LTS, I can see a non-dash Scorch using increased Firewall duration to hold down some lanes.

--

Just to ad, carrying with Scorch is NOT easy.
Good write up there. Things to add:

(1) You don't have to directly shoot the gas hitting a wall the residual falling thermite will ignite it.
(2) Actively roam for titanfalls. Set up your gas and wait for vulnerability. You can take huge chunks of armor out of them.
(3) you can no longer 'scratch' your back but thermite from launcher can when a nearby wall is hit. I also suggest putting up flame shield vs punching enemy pilots. They can in many cases get through the punch animation and mount where as they can't get through the shield at all and die.

Izuna

Banned
I sort of disagree with the gas. I mean I do it, but if you're alone it's better to wait until after because you don't want to burn yourself if you get the jump with the shield.

Good write up there. Things to add:

(1) You don't have to directly shoot the gas hitting a wall the residual falling thermite will ignite it.
(2) Actively roam for titanfalls. Set up your gas and wait for vulnerability. You can take huge chunks of armor out of them.
(3) you can no longer 'scratch' your back but thermite from launcher can when a nearby wall is hit. I also suggest putting up flame shield vs punching enemy pilots. They can in many cases get through the punch animation and mount where as they can't get through the shield at all and die.

I'm gonna have to try out Scorch again, wasn't really feeling him so I switched to Ronin who is actually pretty awesome. Thought he was a little too weak but with the extra dash he's quick as hell and you can avoid a lot of damage by just dodging/phase shifting.

Mostly just don't like the fact that Scorch doesn't have a dash charge so that perk is almost mandatory with how slow he is. That, and also him only having a single shot per clip.

exYle

You know what? I don't care what anyone says. I fucking love Ronin. He is a hit and run master and I'm pretty confident I can take any almost any Titan in the right situation, given I position myself well.

Riptwo

I still want to order that helmet so much, but the exchange rate + shipping to Canada is brutal. I hope this is one of those situations where I can hold off and grab a discounted one in a few months, because it's so cool.

Top Bottom