• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Arrrammis

Giving Tone sonar makes no sense

her shield makes flanking the best tactic to fight her

but sonar will show people flanking you so there's no surprise

why

sonar =/= map hack, and the radius on the sonar isn't that large. Plus, it isn't a persistent sonar. It pulses once, and anything it highlights stays lit for ~10 seconds, and that's it. It is definitely not a problem if you're actually flanking a Tone- flank when they're distracted, most Tone players mainly use the sonar to get a lock on faster, not to check for flankers.

I don't even use the nuke, but it's hilarious. Don't touch it. Seeing those last gasp attempts to get in close as everyone panics is great, especially when they fail to kill anyone.

soultron

Banned
Take Nuclear Ejection out of the game.

The visual cue you get when the wind-up for this starts is very helpful in avoiding getting caught.
Also, try to be mindful of the space between you and Doomed Titans when/if their pilot ejects. (You should be mindful of spacing since enemy Pilots can manually Eject even if they're not Doomed.)

Also, another thing to consider, especially if you feel your Titan is trapped: Disembark and use a Tactical like Grapple or Stim, or even manually force your own Eject, leaving your Titan behind. If you think you're going to die anyway, you might as well try something risky, right?

I imagine a lot of people are new to the series like I am, and while I don't think the game is overly complicated there are some things that are pretty vague unless you're familiar with how it plays. For example I've noticed playing amped hardpoint, a lot of people will charge the hardpoint thenimmediately run off. I don't think everybody realizes that someone has to keep it charged.

I mean I'm not familiar with any of these systems either but they don't seem hard to grasp. I guess I learn quickly because I communicate with other players so we all share our findings and strategies etc, while others just play in their own bubble with no one to highlight what they're doing wrong or what they could do better.

I didn't know anything about Amped Hardpoint but I played it with someone who understood the mode / read about how it works on GAF.

Keihart

nerfing is good, buffing is good, balancing is good ...in general. Just nerfing or buffing would be ridiculous.

Re-balancing the game changes the meta also, which can be fun. Respawn being open to re-balancing the game in general is a good thing, it means they intend to keep it relevant.

The visual cue you get when the wind-up for this starts is very helpful in avoiding getting caught.
Also, try to be mindful of the space between you and Doomed Titans when/if their pilot ejects. (You should be mindful of spacing since enemy Pilots can manually Eject even if they're not Doomed.)

Also, another thing to consider, especially if you feel your Titan is trapped: Disembark and use a Tactical like Grapple or Stim, or even manually force your own Eject, leaving your Titan behind. If you think you're going to die anyway, you might as well try something risky, right?

People really don't value the strategic disembark/eject. At its best, this is a game of give and take outside of LTS. Don't be afraid to abandon your titan. You'll get another in a few minutes.

Alchemist

Why? It's like martrydom, easy to avoid when you know the signs.

I'm not dying from it, I just hate how my kill effectively gets "stolen" from it. Everyone's using it now it seems.

ZehDon

Played three straight hours last night. All I saw was Tone and Legion. Fair to say the path of least resistance has been found. In any case: map hack getting attention is good. Hopefully attention means: taken out behind the shed.

Keihart

People really don't value the strategic disembark/eject. At its best, this is a game of give and take outside of LTS. Don't be afraid to abandon your titan. You'll get another in a few minutes.

Just unlocked phase embark, it's the tits, if you pardon my language, but it is. I can get in and out of my titan a lot easier and safer than before, i've started to use some titans as buddies to help scort a flag or capture a point.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Glad they're tweaking some stuff. Nuke map hack from orbit.

I'd guess Legion will mostly get touched with Smart Core, not sure about Tone since she's ridiculous all around.

Izuna

Banned
I'mma wait and see what this Tone nerf is all about. If it is about sonar, idgaf about that. She has nothing on an Atlas 40mm so maybe that's why she doesn't feel powerful to me.

Starting to feel the hemlok now.

For those people who choose a sidearm and forgo the anti titan weapon, do you just run away from titans until you have yours? Have a few more loadout ideas I want to try, but I feel weaker without my MGL.
How? Isn't the Hemlok range pitifully poor? Like, sidearm bad. And sidearms - if you're not picking a anti-titan weapon, you're basically not killing any titans. A shame, too because sidearms used to be decent rodeoing in the first game.

Mechazawa

Wonder what they'll do about map hack. Not sure whay the solution is to it that doesn't make it worthless.

Aside from the obvious(only works for one person rather than teamwide), they could also make it so that it functions like the one from the previous game, where it pulsed periodically and only gave "last known position" style silhouettes rather than outright being able to see where the pilots/titans are at all times.

FeD.nL

Just make Tone lose her gained lock-ons when the player misses a shot. It's too easy for someone with Tone to just spam the 40mm while being relatively safe.

haikira

Master mode, here we go!

I didn't reset campaign progress, but rather just picked the first real mission, and selected master difficulty. That'll be cool for getting master trophy, yeah?

Gator86

I'mma wait and see what this Tone nerf is all about. If it is about sonar, idgaf about that. She has nothing on an Atlas 40mm so maybe that's why she doesn't feel powerful to me.

Yeah, her attacks are definitely less overwhelming than Genji's Dragonblade. Oh wait, different games aren't comparable. Titanfall 2 is designed and balanced entirely separate from TF1. TF1 is completely irrelevant here.

nerfing is good, buffing is good, balancing is good ...in general. Just nerfing or buffing would be ridiculous.

Re-balancing the game changes the meta also, which can be fun. Respawn being open to re-balancing the game in general is a good thing, it means they intend to keep it relevant.
If they do anything to the Hemlock, I'm out.

skynidas

Banned
Yeah, Legion needs to get its HP reduced. I don't think Tone is OP, I use Ion and I'm doing great.

BTW, what do you keep when you Regen?

Aside from the obvious(only works for one person rather than teamwide), they could also make it so that it functions like the one from the previous game, where it pulsed periodically and only gave "last known position" style silhouettes rather than outright being able to see where the pilots/titans are at all times.
theese seem best options to me or make signal jam a hard counter

Played three straight hours last night. All I saw was Tone and Legion. Fair to say the path of least resistance has been found. In any case: map hack getting attention is good. Hopefully attention means: taken out behind the shed.
Hmmm, what system? I saw a great variety inclding some beast mode ronins and ions. Still few northstars though. I was melting tones and legion with ion's shield, ronin was giving me trouble. This was on ps4

Alx

Spectres can be hacked in multiplayer right now

Can they ? I hadn't even tried it, lol.
Also I wasn't of those complaining about Legion being cheap, but I think I got my first cheap death by his hand tonight. I got killed by one of his shots as a pilot while crossing the map, and looking at the kill cam it was because a Legion player had triggered its core attack, and was spreading his shots left and right without even aiming, predator style.
VuP8fi.gif

ZehDon

Hmmm, what system? I saw a great variety inclding some beast mode ronins and ions. Still few northstars though. I was melting tones and legion with ion's shield, ronin was giving me trouble. This was on ps4
Yeah, PS4 here as well. Not saying there weren't other Titans - just saying I didn't see them. I can do OK against Legion with Ion as long as I catch him in the open. Once he gets settled in, he's un-killable. Tone is just a straight no win, unless the other player is a penguin. Takes out my Titan, kills me mid air.

HelloMeow

I'd rather see the other titans get a buff than Tone and Legion get a nerf. Titan combat has been slowed down enough already and balacing titans by making certain titans weaker will only slow it down even more.

Gator86

I'd rather see the other titans get a buff than Tone and Legion get a nerf. Titan combat has been slowed down enough already and balacing titans by making certain titans weaker will only slow it down even more.

Wut? I've seen titans killed within literal seconds of their shield dropping. There's no turtling anymore with the removal of automatic shields either. Having Tone overpowered as shit doesn't speed up combat. Also, if Respawn struggled to balance two titans, tone and Legion, you now want them to make adjustments to four?

Izuna

Banned
Wut? I've seen titans killed within literal seconds of their shield dropping. There's no turtling anymore with the removal of automatic shields either. Having Tone overpowered as shit doesn't speed up combat. Also, if Respawn struggled to balance two titans, tone and Legion, you now want them to make adjustments to four?

They didn't need to touch Ion or Scorch, so...

KodaRuss

Good to see they are watching the balance of the game. I just hope they dont change the fundamentals of Tone. She is really fun to play as imo.

Campaign was fun, but kinda hoped for more, the hype on here was pretty through the roof. It was one of the better CoD style cinematic linear shooter campaigns in a long while though, some real clever moments, though sadly so short too :(

Kinda bugged me that we didn't see any of the old Titans, figured they would have still had in some Atlas' running around being it was supposed to be one of the most common Titans. Guess they felt it was redundant in concept to the other Titans.

Gator86

Good to see they are watching the balance of the game. I just hope they dont change the fundamentals of Tone. She is really fun to play as imo.

I wouldn't expect them to do that. Tone is a really fun paradigm. I'd expect something like lower damage on her 40mm or the missles, higher number of hits for lock-on, or an alteration to her sonar, keeping in line with whatever they do to the map hack/pulse blade.

Yeah, PS4 here as well. Not saying there weren't other Titans - just saying I didn't see them. I can do OK against Legion with Ion as long as I catch him in the open. Once he gets settled in, he's un-killable. Tone is just a straight no win, unless the other player is a penguin. Takes out my Titan, kills me mid air.
I was doig well since i was using upgraded shield and battery back up.Nuclear eject combined with launching an archer or two while ejecting was doing wonders. I was shoving tone'srockets right back for massive damage

Top Bottom