• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Every match something happens that cracks me up. Game is a lot of fun when Map Hack and Complex/Crash Site/Homestead aren't getting in the way

9tyUBi0.gif

Also, Alternator sprint kills are life.

Pegasus Actual

Gold Member
I mean I haven't tested it explicitly but it seems like it's the same regardless. It's pretty massive damage with no charge. I think the only effect of charging is that it interrupts your power meter recharge, so I've been avoiding holding my shots as much as possible as energy is life.

biteren

That Ion should have murdered you.

But yeah, IN Smart Core he's relatively the same unless there's a Tone at mid-range (which you used to be able to win against). Now it's just... Eh

I don't think I care about Legion being nerfed though. It just means that the one reason why I stopped using Tone is gone.

What was nerfed from Tone? Nothing? ;) <3

Long range mode isn't really worth it imo outside of specific situations like in LTS. It takes way too much ammo and it takes far too long to switch away from it.

funny, with me i use it all the time. provided that im at longer ranges. chews up the unsuspecting titans. its when they get close that im pretty much done for.

Xater

Now a G 2.20, I'm strongly starting to feel that the overall balance of the weapons and abilities in this game is extremely poor.

Weapons: R101 and CAR are virtually all I see. And I don't blame people, 101 is best all around and the CAR has stupid range and no recoil. And they're the starter guns. The funny part is this was the same problem they had in R1. The starter guns were too good.

Abilities are the same story. People either use stim or cloak. Nothing else is really useful or viable. Same thing with boosts. It's 80% map hack and a few others.

I think Respawn really needs to look at how the overall game is balanced. There are just so many option for weapons and abilities no one uses because they aren't effective.

Yup, they added a lot of stuff, but never actually thought about how their game is going to get played. Some stuff is just straight up better than all the rest.

sun-drop

This game might very well be my fav PvP shooter of all time. Wouldn't be same with out the grapple....but that with the wall running, the Titans, the on point gunplay.... perfect storm.

GRaider81

I really want to get away from the stealth kit now im getting a bit better but im finding my survivability and general play is much worse with the others.

I tried the stim one but not really sure how to play it, any tips?

Izuna

Banned
I really want to get away from the stealth kit now im getting a bit better but im finding my survivability and general play is much worse with the others.

I tried the stim one but not really sure how to play it, any tips?

IMO, you should use Stim whenever you have it (and you're not in a firefight). Use it to circle around an enemy for melee (or hip-sire SMG if you have one) -- it's important to learn how to keep its momentum with Bunny Hopping.

IMO, using it with Power Cell and Tactikill on your weapon is a necessity.

I haven't bothered with melee combat in Titans yet (I usually finish people off at mid-range and use dashes and cover to keep distance). But in the interest of unlocking some skins I ask:

Can you perform an execution on ANY doomed Titan (without a shield), regardless of how much health is on their doomed state bar, or does the doom state bar have be at a certain level before it will finish them?

Also, Hemlock is bae.

And few things are as satisfying in their brazen overkill as hitting an ejecting pilot out of the air with Ion's laser core. LOL

Izuna

Banned
I haven't bothered with melee combat in Titans yet (I usually finish people off at mid-range and use dashes and cover to keep distance). But in the interest of unlocking some skins I ask:

Can you perform an execution on ANY doomed Titan (without a shield), regardless of how much health is on their doomed state bar, or does the doom state bar have be at a certain level before it will finish them?

Also, Hemlock is bae.

And few things are as satisfying in their brazen overkill as hitting an ejecting pilot out of the air with Ion's laser core. LOL

You can execute a Titan as soon as it is doomed as long as the pilot did not initiate the ejection sequence.

If the pilot is ejecting, you cannot damage the titan, you cannot execute.

I still don't understand the point of the AI. Easy points? Only thing I can think of.

Had a game just before when I was running around in my Titan, managed to get 3 road kills on proper enemies for 15 points. Then a drop pod landed right next to me full of AI, I road killed the lot in one quick go and got 17 points lol...Doesn't seem fair.

Izuna

Banned
I still don't understand the point of the AI. Easy points? Only thing I can think of.

Had a game just before when I was running around in my Titan, managed to get 3 road kills on proper enemies for 15 points. Then a drop pod landed right next to me full of AI, I road killed the lot in one quick go and got 17 points lol...Doesn't seem fair.

No you got +2 points...

------------------------------------------------

Game was 3-6, I did my best to carry -- Very clutch

gX7zCwy.png

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Cobalt Izuna/video/23210827

Dmax3901

Anyone getting sound issues? Like a weird quiet buzzing every now and then, noticed it under music, sfx and voices. Not loud enough to be unplayable but pretty annoying.

HelloMeow

Points, titan build time, cover and to add to the environment.

Izuna

Banned
Nope. It wasn't instantly after killing a real enemy, the streak was well and truly gone. I forget what came out of the pod now, but there was a fair few enemies and my score definitely jumped up a good amount(17...)

Minions are worth only 1 point, unless they are Reapers which are 5 points each

Hemlock is incredible.

jdkzcvg.gif

Amped damage in the clip though, but it caught his head so he'd likely have died anyway.

They should give Tone's shield to Northstar

Or, you know, allow us to customize our loadouts like in TF1 :D

That would be really unbalanced, if Northstar had any sort of damage protection that she could place up or around herself I think she'd be the best Titan in the game by a good margin, and if anything that demonstrated exactly why allowing customisation to that degree doesn't result in very interesting combinations.

Let's say, you allow any combination of power and ability - none of the weapons but Scorch's own work with his kit, therefore anyone using his abilities would need a nead a near identical loadout to his existing, because those are the only items that synergise with one another. Meanwhile, other TItan's, like Northstar, would benefit greatly from Tone's shield, which actually synergises extremely well with anyone wanting to use long-range equipment.

The ability to select these abilities would result in anyone that's long ranged selecting Tone's shield or Legions damage protection, while anyone wanting to get up close would suffer. The best Titan's become the Titan's that can deal the most damage through that shield. At the moment, Tone's shield makes Tone a bad matchup for Scorch, his fire can't spread through it, and his primary weapon doesn't do enough damage to destroy it quickly. If anyone were able to use Tone's shield, every matchup would be a bad matchup for Scorch, not just tone, and people would feel forced to abandon his kit.

Ultimately, choice allows people to polarise to more overpowered combinations gradually resulting in less variety than the preset systems, its an ironic outcome but tends to happen on just about any game that offers the player an abundance of varied options, the majority of those options end up by the way side. I would much rather Respawn worked on balancing all of these Titan's so that we have more variety of playstyles. With that said, I feel that it would be nice if there were more options within each individual Titan's kit that allowed people to personalise their playstyle a little bit more. I don't want to change Scorches weapon but I think having 8 kit items and being able to select 2 (rather than the present four, and 1) would make for more interesting combinations and allow for unique playstyles based on player preferences.

They should give Tone's shield to Northstar

Or, you know, allow us to customize our loadouts like in TF1 :D

I was really hoping custom was still going to be in, but I guess I get it. There were some pretty broken builds in R1, and that was only balancing for half as many Titans and weapons.

I loved my Strider/Grenada launcher build. It was so much fun.

Izuna

Banned
....I hate when Ions do that to me.

Also, I'm not sure about Tone's balance. I could really go for there not be curvature/hint of auto aim on those 40mm cannon shots. I feel like I constantly get killed by tones as a pilot from extremely far distances and they aren't even zoomed in. The aim feels a bit generous.

Nah Tone's aight. You just gotta make use of whatever safe places there are in the map.

--

So I just learnt that Ion uses energy when ADS. Hmm... How much more damage does this do?

EL CUCO

Only 20 people in my region playing Mixtape this early. Time to hit up the London server.

Update: found a match quickly and surprisingly no noticeable lag with like 100+ ping lol

RazorUK

Pilot, your Titan is ready, prepare for Titanbombs
Anyone been using the "Phase Shift" ability? I had several games yesterday where I was going 30+ kills and 2-3 deaths.
I've never seen anyone use it in all the games I've played. I mostly use it to escape when getting shot in the back or if I see 2 players in front of me.

As soon as I enter the phase state I try and wallrun and then jump - so I end up high and above. It felt like people couldn't counter this at all. There's a visual effect when you come out of the phase shift but if you've drastically changed position, most players don't seem to expect that.
Most of my deaths appeared to be from lag/lag compensation. I'd enter the phase state quickly to avoid dying (screen goes all black and white) but I'd still get killed. Pretty frustrating when that happens!

Izuna

Banned
Ah so I played Legion for a little bit. When he is in Long range mode, his Smart Core appears to be like it used to. Also the "sniper" bullet does a crap ton of damage on a crit hit.

Top Bottom