• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Izuna

Banned

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Why would I use a shotgun when the smgs have crazy hip fire range

spread.

mastiff is a killer indoors. eva is completley terrible though. That said the game suffers from the same issue as Titanfall. The ceiling is automatic rifles and always will be. It's kind of curious why they even add snipers, launcher or shotguns when they ultimately dont fit in Titanfall's environment.

Menthuss

spread.

mastiff is a killer indoors. eva is completley terrible though. That said the game suffers from the same issue as Titanfall. The ceiling is automatic rifles and always will be. It's kind of curious why they even add snipers, launcher or shotguns when they ultimately dont fit in Titanfall's environment.

Couldn't disagree more. I've had the Mastiff fail to kill people at very close ranges while the Eva has never let me down.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Will they be adding new weapons in addition to the free maps?

spread.

Yeah like there's the lmg that fires faster the longer you hold it down

If that's not the most anti-titanfall weapon I don't know what is

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Yeah like there's the lmg that fires faster the longer you hold it down

If that's not the most anti-titanfall weapon I don't know what is

I love using the EPG but as the playerbase becomes more experienced, that shit ain't gonna fly. If you're trying to get good at the game, it feels like you're wasting your time with anything but an AR or SMG.

I haven't bought into a shooter this falll yet and Its down to all three.

COD, Battlefield and TF2.

I can't decide but man TF looks cool

Haines

Banned
It just hit me.

The free dlc maps is probably bc most of the team is on starwars so this they way they have very little commitment but the post release looks positive PR wise.

Call me cynical.

Lucifon

I'm not really seeing the perks of grappling hook over stimpack.
That's interesting. For me I'm struggling to detach (pardon the pun) myself from the grappling hook. I find it to be so core to the movement after using it for 10-15+ hours that I miss it massively when trying to use other abilities.

It just hit me.

The free dlc maps is probably bc most of the team is on starwars so this they way they have very little commitment but the post release looks positive PR wise.

Call me cynical.

Lol you are so incredibly wrong on this. They have a second team on Star Wars (and have been on it for awhile).

I'm expecting a new map every month and a half-2 months

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
That's interesting. For me I'm struggling to detach (pardon the pun) myself from the grappling hook. I find it to be so core to the movement after using it for 10-15+ hours that I miss it massively when trying to use other abilities.

It depends on your style I guess, I could never get the grappling hook down. I grappled face-first into walls more often than not and also didn't like that it was not very responsive to lateral movement. I suppose if I practiced with it more I would use it on certain maps.

Stim has saved me from many shot-in-the-back deaths and the only other tactical I use is pulse blade which is only for bounty hunt.

I love using the EPG but as the playerbase becomes more experienced, that shit ain't gonna fly. If you're trying to get good at the game, it feels like you're wasting your time with anything but an AR or SMG.
Yup agreed.

Anyway I'd like to be able to choose boosts per loadout, I wanna use something other than amped weapons on my pilot only loadout but if I have a titan boost that's not possible. I understand it may mess things up because of the different charge percentages though.

Also I'm fine if they nuke nuclear ejection out of the game. Too many times I've won a duel with a titan only to have them nuclear eject, killing me and letting them survive.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Nuclear Ejection ain't going anywhere lol. I think it's an intentional move by the developers to get some people salty like Martyrdom in Modern Warfare. Shit, there was a burn card in Titanfall that increased the spread of NE, lol.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Ronin needs hover. Feels like over half the maps work against him. Or let me phase through geometry with phase dash. 'I'm coming for you--oh nevermind i just hit this tiny parking meter'

Dave_6

Started the campaign late last night, not sure which chapter I'm on but it has been pretty good so far. Maybe it's just me but the audio in this game is fantastic! Music, weapon sounds, all of it. I am using a good set of headphones with an amp though.

Haines

Banned
Lol you are so incredibly wrong on this. They have a second team on Star Wars (and have been on it for awhile).

I'm expecting a new map every month and a half-2 months

Well I'd be glad to be wrong.

I guess I just feel if I was respawn starwars would be a huge shot at success again. I would put everything I had behind it.

I guess I just feel if I was respawn starwars would be a huge shot at success again. I would put everything I had behind it.

Why not both?

I haven't been following, is the star wars game something along the lines of TF2 (singleplayer fps and multi?) or something else?

Also, I never got a chance to play the first TF and boy do I regret it. TF2 is easily becoming one of my all time favorite games.

Izuna

Banned
Will there ever be an update to the shitty UI that stops me from knowing my opponent's health while in melee range?

R1 had the bar show up at the top. It was awesome.

Anung

Un Rama
This top 3 gauntlet shit is giving me mile high club flashbacks. I'm so close but just can't seem to trim that one second off.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!

I don't know much about the nuts and bolts of game development but I seriously doubt Respawn would reassign map gurus for their biggest franchise to a star wars action game that probably has no maps.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Was playing Bounty Hunter, and had probably my longest killstreak going into the final bank, would have won the game easily but the enemy team got to deposit seconds before I could and we lost :(

Got far too focused on killing and I think I missed 2 bank deposits earlier anyway. I'm a bad teammate sometimes.

E92 M3

Tone is nowhere close to being OP - people are just complainers. I get wrecked by good teams all the time. These days everyone wants everything handed to them. Fighting Tone just requires a little different thinking. Number one thing I hate about the forums these days - nerf, nerf, nerf. Everyone is crying over something.

Truly hope Respawn filters bitching from real problems.

--

In better news: I love rocking Zebra Pink on all items. It's by far my favorite camo.

SkylineRKR

Titan executions seems to work 100% of the time for me. I did 3 in a row during the Epilogue of Attrition. For them I get in close and just hold R3 down. Pilot melee is a different story, especially airborne is broken.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
What's supposed to be so OP about Tone? Other than Legion's humongous clip size I don't have any problem with the Titan balance.

So you abandon your game just because news outlets are saying it's a failure? It's a good thing you are not a studio head lol.

People also thought rainbow six was a failure and look how that turned out.

Dlc and consistent updates/ word of mouth and the incredible review scores can work the magic. The title updates for 1 were great (paid dlc won that war though)

E92 M3

What's supposed to be so OP about Tone? Other than Legion's humongous clip size I don't have any problem with the Titan balance.

Nothing. "If X kills me it's OP."

"If I am uncomfortable fighting against this, it's OP."

"I don't like it, so it's OP."

Basically, clutters the airwaves for real problems.

Drewfonse

Jumped in to test multiplayer while I still have two chapters to go in SP....fuck it's so fun. Brings me back to the days when I was really into CoD. This will probably have its teeth in me for a while. Between the amazing SP and MP, this one's a pretty strong contender for my GOTY, which is surprising when an Uncharted game came out AND I had zero intention of getting this game like a week ago.

I agree though that the maps don't seem that great so far. Very flat and wide open, likely to accmodate the Titans and all the AI, and they kinda lack identity. I wouldn't say they're bad yet though, and the God-tier gameplay and fun game modes more than make up for it.

/thread.

Game is so good. I've been rolling with the R201, but I gave the CAR a shot, and oh my. Loving it.

Also just had 3 types of kills that my old ass had never experienced in this:

1. Simultaneously ejected next to an enemy Titan, floating back down, and I noticed that the enemy pilot was maybe 10 ft away at exactly my same altitude. Needless to say, he ate CAR.

2. Grappled way into the air and meleed an annoying sniper as I swung around the top of the building. Landed on him. Didn't teabag.

3. Picked off an ejecting pilot waaaay off in the distance with a perfectly led shot from TONE.

So much fun.

Nuclear Ejection ain't going anywhere lol. I think it's an intentional move by the developers to get some people salty like Martyrdom in Modern Warfare. Shit, there was a burn card in Titanfall that increased the spread of NE, lol.

Nuclear Ejection is not so bad this time around because it can't be combined with autoeject.

Gator86

Respawn, if something kills me or I don't like it, please nerf.

I honestly hope they don't take simple bitching seriously. When I die, the kill cam helps me get better on what not to do. Titanfall 2 is amazing - nerfing everything into the ground isn't the answer.Titanfall 2 is right up there with MW2 - the whole sandbox is fun and people play how the want. My only complaint is that are abilities are tied to pilot models.

Btw, it's very easy to see cloaked pilots. I've killed many and been killed myself across the map.

--

Reporting a glitch: Opening weapon camo freezes the game for 10 seconds.

Never nerf! Please tell me the downside of cloak then. All of the other skills have some downside or risk involved using them. Cloak is just be permanently invisible all the time. It's brainless. It's not really used for sneaking or being stealthy, it's mostly just to run at people and get an extra half second advantage in an already low TTK environment. Even standing in melee range directly behind a stationary cloak user, I can barely fucking see them.

I guess it depends on how you want the game designed. I enjoy there being a risk/reward element. A bunch of brainless stuff being spammed doesn't seem good to me. It's why I'd like vulnerability during titan executions, the ability to execute to stop nukes, more damage against cloaked pilots, etc. People should have to think about when to use cloak, not just always be cloaked.

That's one of the things I loved about stealth in Crysis mp, which is criminally underrated. You could use stealth to be difficult to spot and give you the jump on people, but if someone noticed you, you were going down.

I agree though that the maps don't seem that great so far. Very flat and wide open, likely to accmodate the Titans and all the AI, and they kinda lack identity. I wouldn't say they're bad yet though, and the God-tier gameplay and fun game modes more than make up for it.
I think the free DLC is going to add a lot of better designed new maps since the community has heavily expressed how they want more that are similar to the first Titanfall's maps. I mean Angel City is coming out next month so there is always that masterpiece to look forward to.

Cake Boss

Banned
Ronin needs hover. Feels like over half the maps work against him. Or let me phase through geometry with phase dash. 'I'm coming for you--oh nevermind i just hit this tiny parking meter'

This.

I rather he gets some type of arc jump instead of hovering where hes an easy target to pick off.

Izuna

Banned
https://www.reddit.com/r/titanfall/comments/5bf0va/tone_is_honestly_too_strong/

Your fave is problematic but do keep acting ignorant about it.

This was what I was originally referring to.

Honestly Tone is not OP at all and it's a shame because these players are too brainless to put any thought into playing as other Titans.

Never nerf! Please tell me the downside of cloak then.

To use cloak (which is easy to see) is to give up a Stim or Sonar knife... No one has complained about cloak since the opening week of R1.

E92 M3

https://www.reddit.com/r/titanfall/comments/5bf0va/tone_is_honestly_too_strong/

Your fave is problematic but do keep acting ignorant about it.

That link doesn't really prove much. Tone can easily be taken down with Ion, Scorch, Ronin, and a smart legion. Honestly, it's just perpetual bitching.

Never nerf! Please tell me the downside of cloak then. All of the other skills have some downside or risk involved using them. Cloak is just be permanently invisible all the time. It's brainless. It's not really used for sneaking or being stealthy, it's mostly just to run at people and get an extra half second advantage in an already low TTK environment. Even standing in melee range directly behind a stationary cloak user, I can barely fucking see them.

I guess it depends on how you want the game designed. I enjoy there being a risk/reward element. A bunch of brainless stuff being spammed doesn't seem good to me. It's why I'd like vulnerability during titan executions, the ability to execute to stop nukes, more damage against cloaked pilots, etc. People should have to think about when to use cloak, not just always be cloaked.

That's one of the things I loved about stealth in Crysis mp, which is criminally underrated. You could use stealth to be difficult to spot and give you the jump on people, but if someone noticed you, you were going down.

They are so invisible that I can see them running across the map. Cloak takes away the use of other cool abilities like phase shift or stim. There is your sacrifice.

It's a problem with your screen that you can't see them. Cloak users are actually easier to pick out than pilots and grunts.

Instead of getting better, people will bitch and bitch until the game is ruined or to their liking. Overall, today's culture always plays the blame game instead of reflecting on what they did wrong themselves.

Legion auto cannon is pretty good.

If you lead with the long range or short range charge shot depending on distance you can get some good damage in right at the start.

The automatic fire also shreds through titans when you use it at the proper range depending on your setting.

Top Bottom