• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Arrrammis

Can't decide which Titan to stick with. I do the best with Tone but she kind of bores me! Love Scorch but he is just so outclassed by so many different kinds of Titans. Sad really :(

If they hadn't changed Scorch since the beta (he used to have a dash and was able to use his flame shield to kill rodeoing pilots), I would run him exclusively. Now, I just use him on the close range maps (dry dock, complex, etc.), and Tone/Ion on the other maps.

I'm addicted to cloak at this point, I use stim on occasion but cloak is so much fun.
--
I can't see why I'd ever use the L-Star over the Spitfire. Maybe I just need more time with it.

I think cloak is lame. Probably cause I can spot it without issues. Pulse is where its at. Throw one at a hardpoint or in tdm and it gives you such an advantage at holding chokepoints or objectives.

Strider

Alternator with the perk that let's you shoot while running

Then throw in the Mozambique as your sidearm and that's the most fun loadout in the game
goodjob.gif

cordy

Banned
So...

I got Target's B2G1F deal and I got this, Xenoverse 2 and CoD:IW and man lemme say this: this game's great. I skipped TF1 and there's something about how this controls that gets me. It's tight, you feel the weight of the hits it's very Destiny-like. Already in 1 multiplayer match and now in campaign I feel this was a great choice. Xenoverse 2? Love that game, it's very addictive especially given the resurgence of DB these past few years.

Now CoD:IW...I think I'm going to trade this in and use the money for FFXV. I haven't played a CoD majorly since MW3 and ugh, something about it feels so samey. I was online and lord it feels worse than it did when I first got into the series during the MW2 days, campaign is cool but it feels a bit I don't know like TF2's campaign feels a bit different enough for me to understand and get a feel for it. Already I feel it's about the bond between Jack and BT. In CoD I just didn't get it like it felt similar to some of the previous campaigns. I'm gonna trade it in.

No shots at it but you feel me. Just my opinion.

Izuna

Banned
K, so I'm under the impression that picking Legion in FFA is kinda useless. Pretty much all of your Titan kills will get stolen. You can be in Smart Core right up to another Titan but it's very unlikely you're going to get the last hit in.

Sadly, FFA is sort of useless for slow Titans as it is. For example, in Drydock, there's not much you can do. It's a little frustrating but I understand it.

Guess I'm sticking with Tone.

Jarmel

Banned
Now a G 2.20, I'm strongly starting to feel that the overall balance of the weapons and abilities in this game is extremely poor.

Weapons: R101 and CAR are virtually all I see. And I don't blame people, 101 is best all around and the CAR has stupid range and no recoil. And they're the starter guns. The funny part is this was the same problem they had in R1. The starter guns were too good.

Abilities are the same story. People either use stim or cloak. Nothing else is really useful or viable. Same thing with boosts. It's 80% map hack and a few others.

I think Respawn really needs to look at how the overall game is balanced. There are just so many option for weapons and abilities no one uses because they aren't effective.

R1 had less guns but guess what?

I'm using less guns in R2 than R1.

Gator86

I think cloak is lame. Probably cause I can spot it without issues. Pulse is where its at. Throw one at a hardpoint or in tdm and it gives you such an advantage at holding chokepoints or objectives.

Man, I have perfect vision and a top of the line plasma and its still a pain in the ass to see cloaked pilots. It's my least favorite perk to come across. I had no trouble in TF1, but the visual for it now is awful for me for some reason.

Lightningboalt

Neo Member
Borrowed this for the past few days and after playing through it, I may just have to pick this up on a sale someday. Definitely wouldn't mind having this in my collection permanently, and with only three trophies left I kinda want to try to get the platinum eventually (that top 3 gauntlet scoreboard trophy is hell on console). The campaign was a really great time, if Doom and Wolfenstein didn't exist then this would be the best FPS campaign I've played in years. It's a bit short but it feels very substantial, I'd play it again because of how fun and well designed it was. Thank you, Respawn, for actually giving a damn about making a creative FPS campaign full of interesting ideas.

Honestly, I prefer the single player to the multiplayer by quite a bit. There's a level of care and detail in the campaign maps that feels missing in the multiplayer maps. With a Call of Duty-ish TTK and bland maps that don't feel like they fully take advantage of the game's mechanics, I didn't enjoy it as much as the campaign. It's pretty fun, but for what is ostensibly a multiplayer game first it's somehow the game's weak link.

Overall, pretty excellent game. I'm glad I played it.

Now a G 2.20, I'm strongly starting to feel that the overall balance of the weapons and abilities in this game is extremely poor.

Weapons: R101 and CAR are virtually all I see. And I don't blame people, 101 is best all around and the CAR has stupid range and no recoil. And they're the starter guns. The funny part is this was the same problem they had in R1. The starter guns were too good.

Abilities are the same story. People either use stim or cloak. Nothing else is really useful or viable. Same thing with boosts. It's 80% map hack and a few others.

I think Respawn really needs to look at how the overall game is balanced. There are just so many option for weapons and abilities no one uses because they aren't effective.
Alternator is where its at. And Im happy having my little ticks running around causing havoc

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
So bought the Digital Delux today. Not goin to play until the Pro gets here, but pumped. I know a few friends getting it late as well. Hoping this game has legs. Especially with good (and nicely enough free) post launch support.

What do you guys think of map hack countering cloak instead?

Seems like word of mouth is growing but Respawn need to act quickly on patches. Id still hope for slightly higher ttk

Izuna

Banned
Damnit! I had a 25-0 FFA match and wanted to save the last 5 minutes with GameDVR, but it saved 3:25 instead ;( -- whatever, now it starts when I get into a Titan so meh.

The first couple of kills were executions as well...

Gator86

I love the game and totally agree with this. I'm surprised any time I'm killed and don't see R201 in the feed. Lots of balancing left to do. Goddamn, I'm already really hype to see the DLC. Need new titans.

KodaRuss

I get such shit teammates in Last Titan Standing. I just had over 100k damage done. The next closest player on our team had 28k.

One dude lost his Titan within 15 seconds of the round starting.

Gator86

Cloak is a pain in the ass. It can be super hard to see it at times.

Yeah, I kind of hate it. The description says most effective versus titans but it's goddamn impossible to see sometimes on my screen even if I'm staring right at them as a pilot. I'm to the point where I'm considering tinkering with my TV settings even though I know they're accurate.

Lol, I have had this once, but it was online. I'd rather the game do that then send me to the dashboard ;p
At least it let me resume from the boss fight.

Yeah, I kind of hate it. The description says most effective versus titans but it's goddamn impossible to see sometimes on my screen even if I'm staring right at them as a pilot. I'm to the point where I'm considering tinkering with my TV settings even though I know they're accurate.
They definitely are harder to see compared to the first game where the wavy effect was more prominent. They're almost titan-invisible to pilots.

This game is god damn brilliant. Love the progression, I even dig getting new skins. I never care about cosmetic changes and skins in games.

Going to be playing this for a long time and I can't wait to see what maps and new content they will be adding.

Gator86

They definitely are harder to see compared to the first game where the wavy effect was more prominent. They're almost titan-invisible to pilots.

Yeah, I'm not a fan. It's supposed to have drawbacks. Being completely invisible to everything at all times isn't a drawback. In something like phase shift you're invulnerable but completely unable to see enemies and are disoriented coming out. It has a use, but also an obvious drawback. They should make invisible pilots take more damage.

Getting the hang of using the grapple hook for traversal.

Really good with Low Profile so you can easily get onto enemy titans without them noticing as long as they don't see you first.

Grisby

Seems harder to survive at then end too. My ride keep gettin blown up.

I remember in TF1 the dropships were goddamn Valkyrie tanks.

Beezy

Unlocked the Volt earlier today and went on a fucking rampage with it. Easily my favorite gun so far. Already got it to lvl 10, higher than all my other weapons.

Unlocked the Volt earlier today and went on a fucking rampage with it. Easily my favorite gun so far. Already got it to lvl 10, higher than all my other weapons.
I love the Volt, but I really suck at it too. For now I've been rocking the Hemlock and anti-pilot sentry. That thing rocks on bountu hunt. Just set it up by a bank and dolla bills all day.

Just finished the campaign

Yooo I'm impressed that had no right to be that good

Still didn't beat doom (didn't expect it to) as the best shooter campaign of the year but damn it came close alright.

what's the multiplayer framerate supposed to be like on xb1? i thought digitalfoundy said it was a steady 60 fps, but that has not been my experience. there aren't massive drops like the first titanfall, but drops below 60 almost constantly for me. am i having connection issues?

anybody?

Is it weird that I switched from mouse+kb to the XB1 joypad on the PC version? (Online play) I'm much more comfortable with the movement options as a pilot with joypad.

Just finished the campaign

Yooo I'm impressed that had no right to be that good

Still didn't beat doom (didn't expect it to) as the best shooter campaign of the year but damn it came close alright.
Glad you liked. My personal favorite moment was
the 6-4 lining up at the window looking into the bridge of that ship towards the end. Throwing explosives on the window and everyone gunning down targets at the sam time.
A little over-the-top actiony, but I loved it.

MGrant

Is it weird that I switched from mouse+kb to the XB1 joypad on the PC version? (Online play) I'm much more comfortable with the movement options as a pilot with joypad.

Not that weird. The controller aim assist can help a lot, and bumper jumper can be pretty nice for movement.

ScribbleD

Is there any way to check in on player counts across the different platforms Titanfall 2 is on?

I would prefer to grab it on PC, but I remember back with the first game that player base on PC plummeted off a cliff after like 2 weeks so I felt a bit burned. Is the PC player base pretty healthy this time around, or should I grab the PS4 or XB1 version?

Rayme

It's not that crazy. Analog stick for movement is really comfortable with the pilot motion model, imo. But ASDF is valid too; everyone has their preferences. ;)

Izuna

Banned
Played Legion first time after update

So hes useless now. Awesome.

He's basically just a support dude. He isn't doing shit against Titans anymore, and yet he needs one to unlock his core since his ability to kill pilots without is limited to his Shotgun.

It's a shame because there's no way to do better as Legion. He was a flawed design in the first place. He's outrageously easy to play so he's either too powerful for too little effort, or there's just no fucking point.

I laugh at how easy it is to beat him as Tone now lmao.

Joined the gaf network. What's the best playlist to play? I figured I'd start out with mixture but it's taking forever to even find a match in NA..

Right I've encountered a problem piloting Ronin that I need some advice for.

In a LTS match, nobody is stupid enough to go off alone so every time you encounter an enemy it's either with one or two of his buddies around the corner. These engagements are at mid to Long range depending on how far apart the corners are. The presents a problem for Ronin, who is essentially an assassin class that picks off the stragglers that are weak and dying.

1) Enemies are rarely alone
2) Ronin has nothing to offer at long range

I feel like I can't contribute anything in the early start of the round, and can only hope to try to outflank the enemy team to get a drop on someone once they break rank but if I'm spotted at any distance I'm completely boned. What do I do?

Izuna

Banned
Joined the gaf network. What's the best playlist to play? I figured I'd start out with mixture but it's taking forever to even find a match in NA..

IMO, switch between Bounty Hunt and Attrition if you're playing solo. Or PvP if you like that stuff.

Mixtape is only worthwhile if you're in a team.

FFA is dead. Skirmish is locked to 8v8 Mixtape. So mehhhhhh

Izuna

Banned
Right I've encountered a problem piloting Ronin that I need some advice for.

In a LTS match, nobody is stupid enough to go off alone so every time you encounter an enemy it's either with one or two of his buddies around the corner. These engagements are at mid to Long range depending on how far apart the corners are. The presents a problem for Ronin, who is essentially an assassin class that picks off the stragglers that are weak and dying.

1) Enemies are rarely alone
2) Ronin has nothing to offer at long range

I feel like I can't contribute anything in the early start of the round, and can only hope to try to outflank the enemy team to get a drop on someone once they break rank but if I'm spotted at any distance I'm completely boned. What do I do?

Stop trying to be the #1 player. Ronin doesn't have to be the last man standing. If you see the opportunity to get behind a Legion for example, fuck him up and deal as much damage as you can. Basically, if you can get 2 Titans, especially the big ones, it's fine if you're sacrificing yourself a little.

It's Titans like Tone, Ion, Scorch and Northstar that should focus on their survivability.

Top Bottom