• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Only 20 people in my region playing Mixtape this early. Time to hit up the London server.

Update: found a match quickly and surprisingly no noticeable lag with like 100+ ping lol

Oddly enough, all my games have pings of 90-100 which the game categorizes as "good." :(

gfxtwin

SO much better than the first game. Logged in around 10-15 hours with the campaign so far (maybe more, lost track of time but I've been at it throughout the evening and stopped at about 4:am) and it just keeps getting better. The gameplay is what you'd expect from the original, but they add a lot of other ideas into the pot and you end up doing more of a variety of things than you might expect. Also the balance between being in pilot mode and Titan feels about right to me, never felt like I was doing one or the other for too long. It never stops being fun, never gets boring, and like Half-Life 2, they add several gameplay features and set pieces throughout the campaign that changes-up the experience throughout. And multiplayer feels more like what you'd expect, only you have more customization options for your pilot and titan. On PC the online community is pretty active right now too, virtually no wait time. Probably my GOTY so far.

MGrant

So I just learnt that Ion uses energy when ADS. Hmm... How much more damage does this do?

It's a pretty negligible difference, damage-wise, but it's really useful vs. pilots because it makes it so that you are firing 3 shots in a tight horizontal spread. Best for killing pilots extremely fast; otherwise just stick to hip-fire and lasers for titan vs. titan and save your energy for vortex shield.

Izuna

Banned
You don't think that's a little bit bullshit?

It looks fine.

It's a pretty negligible difference, damage-wise, but it's really useful vs. pilots because it makes it so that you are firing 3 shots in a tight horizontal spread. Best for killing pilots extremely fast; otherwise just stick to hip-fire and lasers for titan vs. titan and save your energy for vortex shield.

Lovely, thanks

ey guys

I am pretty interested in having either Titanfall 2 or COD bundle for this christmas. Keeping in mind that it would cost me the same (55€ Titanfall 2 or Cod Remastered and Infinite Wars due to some circumstances) and that I have never played any COD (thus never played the highly praised COD4), would you still recommend me Titanfall 2?

I am afraid the game will die fast, in twitch its pretty much dead compared to both COD or Battlefield (i know twitch its not the most great source....), and value for money it would be better the to have the other...but hearing so much praise around is making me doubt a lot.

I play in PS4 if it makes any differences.

Izuna

Banned
ey guys

I am pretty interested in having either Titanfall 2 or COD bundle for this christmas. Keeping in mind that it would cost me the same (55€ Titanfall 2 or Cod Remastered and Infinite Wars due to some circumstances) and that I have never played any COD (thus never played the highly praised COD4), would you still recommend me Titanfall 2?

I am afraid the game will die fast, in twitch its pretty much dead compared to both COD or Battlefield (i know twitch its not the most great source....), and value for money it would be better the to have the other...but hearing so much praise around is making me doubt a lot.

You will not like CoD multiplayer that's for sure.

This game has a dope campaign so you really should come here.

And think about it, if the playerbase does die out in say, 6 months, then this is your chance to squeeze as much fun out of this game as possible.

watching giantbomb quicklook mmm it really looks awesome plus giant robots *o*
yeah I also have overwatch for long term so I wouldnt really care if its shorter term this game
oks i think my decision is almost done

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
ey guys

I wonder how many people are holding off on buying TF2 due to "population might die soon," "waiting for PS4 Pro," "didn't like the tech test." If everyone who was having second doubts due to player population (which it seems to be fine right now), the game wouldn't even have any questions regarding it. ;)

For Infinite Warfare, if you're looking for MP and didn't like BO3, chances are, you won't like it. Our review touts SP, but mentions how both MP and Zombies are kinda like BO3's, but the MP feels inferior and has that Weapon Variants (pay-to-win) BS. Granted there's a lot of reviews, but when it comes to MP-focused games, I don't trust a lot of sites given how most of them can't play a damn and most judge a game just on SP even if the MP is the main dish. :)

For BF1, you can't go wrong, either. SP and MP are good. If you're a fan of DICE's BF formula, BF1 will tickle your fancy. If you're not a fan of it or never played BF before, your mind won't be changed and prepare for a lot of random deaths.

I'd say maybe go with TF2 due to the free DLC thing since that's something that we should all support. Oh. and yeah, the game's actually good, too. xD

watching giantbomb quicklook mmm it really looks awesome plus giant robots *o*
yeah I also have overwatch for long term so I wouldnt really care if its shorter term this game
oks i think my decision is almost done

Overwatch and Titanfall 2 are the only multiplayer FPS games I play right now. Titanfall is easily the best FPS since MW2 and Titanfall 2 is better in a lot of ways. Plus all future content updates are free so there's a lot more to come too.

Xater

I am now forcing myself to try more different stuff and I think I am getting over my feared burnout. Still think some stuff is definitely less viable and they have some major balancing ahead of themselves.

I'm not really seeing the perks of grappling hook over stimpack.

Grappling hook is kinda fun, but not at the expanse at some of the other tacticals. If I had a grappling hook somehow in addition to my other stuff it would be cool.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
I didn't enjoy Titanfall 1 much, and I bought Titanfall 2 on PC because of Jeffrey J. Gerstmann, and I wasn't really enjoying it much either. I felt like I was having a stroke every time I played with all the HUD elements popping off saying they're ready for use, and it just completely overwhelmed me.

I sat down at about 4:00 PM today, and its 10:00 PM now. I ate dinner, grabbed a few beers, but otherwise did not move my ass from my chair since.

Boys and girls, the plays I made. THE PLAYS. I'm a fucking GOD at this game. MEET ME SOMEWHERE MOTHER FUCKER! My Ion railgun and core. My assault rifle whose name I don't even know, but has a god damn kill counter on it like my best CSGO guns. My wall-running game. Ripping batteries out of enemy titans and hooking my homeboys up with a Duracell.

This game. Is fucking real. Everyone go buy 16 copies each on Origin. I don't work for EA. I don't work for Respawn. I work for the People. Titanfall 2 is so, god, damn, GOOD. BUY BUY BUY $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I love reading posts like this, they sum up the feeling of TF2 so well: it's the best...nothing comes close when you pull off one of those plays.

In other news, just started using Mastiff+Phase Shift and I'm thinking it's the most fun you can have with your clothes on...wish it wasn't a robot though, that's my only qualm with it.

Just joined the GAF Network on pc, which I hope I did right.

Really enjoying what little I played of the game so far, although a lot of it has been me doing clunky wallruns and missing shots. But hey, at least I'm somewhat getting the hang of bunnyhopping.

bwat47

Neo Member
Anyone been using the "Phase Shift" ability? I had several games yesterday where I was going 30+ kills and 2-3 deaths.
I've never seen anyone use it in all the games I've played. I mostly use it to escape when getting shot in the back or if I see 2 players in front of me.

As soon as I enter the phase state I try and wallrun and then jump - so I end up high and above. It felt like people couldn't counter this at all. There's a visual effect when you come out of the phase shift but if you've drastically changed position, most players don't seem to expect that.
Most of my deaths appeared to be from lag/lag compensation. I'd enter the phase state quickly to avoid dying (screen goes all black and white) but I'd still get killed. Pretty frustrating when that happens!

I use it on my SMG class, I love it.

I've seen the same where in some cases you get killed after starting phase shift

I'm really not feeling the multiplayer in this. Really shouldn't have bought it on PC.

Coming in from the knockabout fun of Overwatch, I simply can't use the mouse well enough to aim at people who are flying all over the place.

This is just frustrating as I keep getting the drop on people, only to miss and have them turn around, zapping me within a fraction of a second. Hah! Turns out finishing the story mode on Master doesn't mean a damn thing!

Is there a good "old man" gun in the game? Something non MLG types can use to have a good time?

E92 M3

Respawn, if something kills me or I don't like it, please nerf.

I honestly hope they don't take simple bitching seriously. When I die, the kill cam helps me get better on what not to do. Titanfall 2 is amazing - nerfing everything into the ground isn't the answer.Titanfall 2 is right up there with MW2 - the whole sandbox is fun and people play how the want. My only complaint is that are abilities are tied to pilot models.

Btw, it's very easy to see cloaked pilots. I've killed many and been killed myself across the map.

--

Reporting a glitch: Opening weapon camo freezes the game for 10 seconds.

Keihart

Anyone been using the "Phase Shift" ability? I had several games yesterday where I was going 30+ kills and 2-3 deaths.
I've never seen anyone use it in all the games I've played. I mostly use it to escape when getting shot in the back or if I see 2 players in front of me.

As soon as I enter the phase state I try and wallrun and then jump - so I end up high and above. It felt like people couldn't counter this at all. There's a visual effect when you come out of the phase shift but if you've drastically changed position, most players don't seem to expect that.
Most of my deaths appeared to be from lag/lag compensation. I'd enter the phase state quickly to avoid dying (screen goes all black and white) but I'd still get killed. Pretty frustrating when that happens!

I've been using phaseshift, i pretty great really if you can maintain momentum during it.

EL CUCO

Respawn, if something kills me or I don't like it, please nerf.

I honestly hope they don't take simple bitching seriously. When I die, the kill cam helps me get better on what not to do. Titanfall 2 is amazing - nerfing everything into the ground isn't the answer.Titanfall 2 is right up there with MW2 - the whole sandbox is fun and people play how the want. My only complaint is that are abilities are tied to pilot models.

Btw, it's very easy to see cloaked pilots. I've killed many and been killed myself across the map.
I agree. Game balance is so good right now. I can use anything and still do well. If I got killed, its usually my fault. My only complaint is the game is so damn addicting that I already want more maps.
Pilot Turrets though, should not be doing that sort of damage to Titans and should not have that sort of health
They do hit hard, but that makes them viable. You have enough time to react to one as well. Just dont try to challenge it head on. If I see one, I usually flank around to destroy it. They only take 1 melee hit to go down.

Edit: I didnt realize you were referring to Titans. I honestly have no clue what kind of damage it does to Titans lol but still it shouldn't be hard to take out.

Xater

I want to try phase shift now that I am using more SMGs, but I need to unlock it again. Don#t have it right now because of Regeneration.

Izuna

Banned
They do hit hard, but that makes them viable. You have enough time to react to one as well. Just dont try to challenge it head on. If I see one, I usually flank around to destroy it. They only take 1 melee hit to go down.

I don't care about their damage necessarily, it's their health I hate. Especially if you try to shoot them as a Titan and they have twice the health of a Reaper or something.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I've honestly thought about unbinding melee it's so unreliable. You need SOME kind of magnetization in an online game for melee because there's always going to be enough latency to make it feel inconsistent.

Unfortunately, Ronin is my 'main' Titan so I can't really unbind melee.

Chris1

Melee is fine for me but executions seem really off for both titans and pilots. The amount of times I've melee someone from behind and it kicks them to the other side of the map.. and titan executions don't do anything half the time.

I'm really not feeling the multiplayer in this. Really shouldn't have bought it on PC.

Coming in from the knockabout fun of Overwatch, I simply can't use the mouse well enough to aim at people who are flying all over the place.

This is just frustrating as I keep getting the drop on people, only to miss and have them turn around, zapping me within a fraction of a second. Hah! Turns out finishing the story mode on Master doesn't mean a damn thing!

Is there a good "old man" gun in the game? Something non MLG types can use to have a good time?
Hemlock? Stay mid range/long distance

can anyone explain regen to me? i take everything is separated, but what happens when i regen pilot? do i lose everything? or do i have to wait to unlock a weapon or titan in order to continue using it?

This is the most balanced on both sides (Single player and multiplayer) fps I've played in years. I would be surprised if this doesn't have legs. It will be the non-sleeper sleeper hit of the year after few months I feel. Word-of-mouth should be able to carry this a lot further. If not I would be very disappointed.

pompidu

Ion needs a damage boost.

G2a5 rifle does not do 90damage. Guns garbage.

SMR bullet path makes little sense. It's either dead on or way off where it hits nothing.

Doomed Titan time should be decreased.

Xater

Ion needs a damage boost.

G2a5 rifle does not do 90damage. Guns garbage.

SMR bullet path makes little sense. It's either dead on or way off where it hits nothing.

Doomed Titan time should be decreased.

There is no timer. It's just another health bar.

E92 M3

This is the most balanced on both sides (Single player and multiplayer) fps I've played in years. I would be surprised if this doesn't have legs. It will be the non-sleeper sleeper hit of the year after few months I feel. Word-of-mouth should be able to carry this a lot further. If not I would be very disappointed.

I agree and it seems like word of mouth is actually helping a lot.

--

In terms of dooming Titans: I think there should be more points for that.

Izuna

Banned
can anyone explain regen to me? i take everything is separated, but what happens when i regen pilot? do i lose everything? or do i have to wait to unlock a weapon or titan in order to continue using it?

You lose access to stuff you didn't buy, but they keep their progress (weapon unlocks)

--

5 for Doom, 5 for Kill is what I'd do.

SwolBro

Banned
ey guys

ya know, it's sad. people did used to gravitate to the "better" games before. Gameplay mattered before, now? not so much.

COD is so fucking big now that a twitch streamer has no choice but to keep playing the game regardless if the next one complete fucking sucks. There's twitch users with thousands of followers because they grew an audience with COD. And they'll have to continue to play that game if they want to hold on to any type of audience.

So now a game can get labeled potentially "dead" or lacking because it only has 2k watchers at 9am on a sunday on twitch. smh.

EL CUCO

What everyone said, and you also keep your skins iirc

Jumped in to test multiplayer while I still have two chapters to go in SP....fuck it's so fun. Brings me back to the days when I was really into CoD. This will probably have its teeth in me for a while. Between the amazing SP and MP, this one's a pretty strong contender for my GOTY, which is surprising when an Uncharted game came out AND I had zero intention of getting this game like a week ago.

I agree though that the maps don't seem that great so far. Very flat and wide open, likely to accmodate the Titans and all the AI, and they kinda lack identity. I wouldn't say they're bad yet though, and the God-tier gameplay and fun game modes more than make up for it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
It's fine though, gives pilots a chance to get out but at the same time if you focus fire or unleash a salvo you can blow it up with them in it.

It honestly feels like 9/10 the pilot gets away. Unless htere's a Northstar on them that they dont know about.

Top Bottom