• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Spent a few hours digging into the multiplayer.

Still feel feel like the maps are not designed for long chained wall runs. But that maybe because I am still figuring out the maps.

Also, the base speed is slower than TF1 and you are heavier right? I don't feel like I move as quickly nor do I feel as light in the air or clambering up stuff.

Izuna

Banned
Spent a few hours digging into the multiplayer.

Still feel feel down like the maps are designed for long chained wall runs.

Also, the base speed is slower than TF1 and you are heavier right? I don't feel like I move as quickly nor do I feel as light in the air or clambering up stuff.

The map design is really the only reason why R1 feels much faster. That and the fact that you don't need to slide to gain initial momentum like you do here.

R1, you always have something really close to start your momentum on. That's not the case here. Complex is a huge example of how horrible this can be.

Right I've encountered a problem piloting Ronin that I need some advice for.

In a LTS match, nobody is stupid enough to go off alone so every time you encounter an enemy it's either with one or two of his buddies around the corner. These engagements are at mid to Long range depending on how far apart the corners are. The presents a problem for Ronin, who is essentially an assassin class that picks off the stragglers that are weak and dying.

1) Enemies are rarely alone
2) Ronin has nothing to offer at long range

I feel like I can't contribute anything in the early start of the round, and can only hope to try to outflank the enemy team to get a drop on someone once they break rank but if I'm spotted at any distance I'm completely boned. What do I do?

Flank like you're doing. Hide around corners and have your teammates lure them in then unleash hell. Use the sword block to help close the gap if you have to.

Haines

Banned
God fuck ing damn this game is good.

Get bored of one load out/titan switch to another and fun ensues

What's your favorite anti titan gun?
I have just unlocked the archer.
I got the pro screen on the grenade lobbed.

IMO, switch between Bounty Hunt and Attrition if you're playing solo. Or PvP if you like that stuff.

Mixtape is only worthwhile if you're in a team.

FFA is dead. Skirmish is locked to 8v8 Mixtape. So mehhhhhh
What about lts, amped hard point and pilot vs. Pilot? Are any of them decent? I don't see why amped hard point can't just be regular domination, the amping encourages camping...

Stop trying to be the #1 player. Ronin doesn't have to be the last man standing. If you see the opportunity to get behind a Legion for example, fuck him up and deal as much damage as you can. Basically, if you can get 2 Titans, especially the big ones, it's fine if you're sacrificing yourself a little.

It's Titans like Tone, Ion, Scorch and Northstar that should focus on their survivability.

It's not about being #1, I feel like I'm not even contributing as a Ronin for most of these engagements due to the two factors I've mentioned above- Ronin can't hurt anything at range, and getting close to multiple enemies is suicide.

Flank like you're doing. Hide around corners and have your teammates lure them in then unleash hell. Use the sword block to help close the gap if you have to.

If they rush my position I'm screwed lol, at least with my Ion I can give them pause with my laser cannon.

It's not about being #1, I feel like I'm not even contributing as a Ronin for most of these engagements due to the two factors I've mentioned above- Ronin can't hurt anything at range, and getting close to multiple enemies is suicide.

Fuck em up if you can and then get out quickly... hopefully your team knows to move in while you have them distracted.

Izuna

Banned
What about lts, amped hard point and pilot vs. Pilot? Are any of them decent? I don't see why amped hard point can't just be regular domination, the amping encourages camping...

LTS is amazing, probably the most perfect mode in R2. (I meant Pilot vs. Pilot by PvP btw).

It's just that you don't wanna be playing those modes without a team. You'll leave very frustrated. Leave them for when you have at least one other.

I'm loving this game, just got it this morning and am at level 17...gotta be like 5 or 6 hours of play at least, right? So far I take this over TF1 any day, not to start anything, just personal preference.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
He's basically just a support dude. He isn't doing shit against Titans anymore, and yet he needs one to unlock his core since his ability to kill pilots without is limited to his Shotgun.

It's a shame because there's no way to do better as Legion. He was a flawed design in the first place. He's outrageously easy to play so he's either too powerful for too little effort, or there's just no fucking point.

I laugh at how easy it is to beat him as Tone now lmao.

Legion in long range mode destroys pilots. He was always just more of a hunker down and hold down lanes kind of titan, the changes didn't really change his strength in doing just that.

And he'll always have the additional utility on clusterfuck maps like crash site and complex where he's still just totally insane with smart core.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lcfsfUe8L8

I've been getting a lot more matches lately where I'm thrown in a match already in progress...on the losing side. I'm fine with it here and there, but today has been more than usual.
How the hell do I deal with rodeo people
My number one tip other than smoke is to not get out of your titan while they rodeo. Wait for them to pop out your battery and kill them after. If you get out and die, and they have your battery, then your titan is as good as dead without you.

This Legion nerf is hilarious. Tone's 40mm splash damage counts towards the tracking rockets. Like, what? But now I have to be even more conservative with Legion because people couldn't be bothered to get out of his line of sight

Just played my first Amped Hardpoint since probably launch. That mode is just....I don't know. Not very fun. I can't quite put my finger on why.
30% of what? What happens if I don't have it?
Hope a teammate notices and smashes the guy, or wait for him to pop your battery out. Then dash away, turn, and kill. Retrieve battery, pop it back in.

Izuna

Banned
Legion in long range mode destroys pilots. He was always just more of a hunker down and hold down lanes kind of titan, the changes didn't really change his strength in doing just that.

And he'll always have the additional utility on clusterfuck maps like crash site and complex where he's still just totally insane with smart core.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lcfsfUe8L8

That Ion should have murdered you.

But yeah, IN Smart Core he's relatively the same unless there's a Tone at mid-range (which you used to be able to win against). Now it's just... Eh

I don't think I care about Legion being nerfed though. It just means that the one reason why I stopped using Tone is gone.

What was nerfed from Tone? Nothing? ;) <3

Long range mode isn't really worth it imo outside of specific situations like in LTS. It takes way too much ammo and it takes far too long to switch away from it.

Gator86

1) Was Tone nerfed at all? I don't notice anything different.

2) Yeah, fuck cloak. Nerf that shit into the ground. There's no risk/reward. It's just you being permanently invisible in a game where 90% of battles are decided by who sees who first. It's just a crutch.

3) Why is Legion locked into ADS when he uses his shield? It's a weird restriction. Let me power down my shield or don't force me to aim when I use it. It's not like Legion isn't already a giant turtle. Additionally, Tone gets a better shield along with full mobility. Makes no sense.

XBP

Pilot vs Pilot in this is soooo much better than TDM in Black Ops 3. The movement and speed of combat is absoulety insane. Just kinda sad that there are only 50-60 people in the NA region playing this mode.

Mechazawa

Hey ya'll remember when I said Devotion was super good well I'm now here to say that Devotion is empirically the best weapon but please don't use it or Respawn might nerf it alright cool bye.

Pilot vs Pilot in this is soooo much better than TDM in Black Ops 3. The movement and speed of combat is absoulety insane. Just kinda sad that there are only 50-60 people in the NA region playing this mode.

huh, mine says about 450 right now, it was as high as 650 at one point today (Atlanta). And yes, I agree!

Haines

Banned
IMO, switch between Bounty Hunt and Attrition if you're playing solo. Or PvP if you like that stuff.

Mixtape is only worthwhile if you're in a team.

FFA is dead. Skirmish is locked to 8v8 Mixtape. So mehhhhhh

I love mixtape. Bounty hunt is good too but mixtape keeps things fresh

This game is too quiet during multiplayer, so I've been listening to the Titanfall 2 soundtrack on Spotify. It's some damn good music.

Okay so Hemlock is dope. G2 has been sidelined.
Hemlock is my current main weapon. I tried it back the first day I unlocked and hated it---used G2 instead. Recently switched back to Hemlock to give another go and yeah. I love it.

SwolBro

Banned
went out tonight to a busy pub... in the middle of drinking and conversing with a variety of people i thought to myself " man i wish i was playing Titanfall" that's not socially acceptable is it? i'm one of those reclusive weirdos now. lol

now i get home and i can't even play it because i'm too drunk. this is not a game you can play drunk!

Izuna

Banned
went out tonight to a busy pub... in the middle of drinking and conversing with a variety of people i thought to myself " man i wish i was playing Titanfall" that's not socially acceptable is it? i'm one of those reclusive weirdos now. lol

now i get home and i can't even play it because i'm too drunk. this is not a game you can play drunk!

Playing drunk is the best though.

Not that I've ever done that, but at the very least, I think it'd be dope ;)

Izuna

Banned
iNEDwYR.gif

Look up

---

Nuclear ejection is some bullshit

HURRY UP AND KILL ME HAHAHAHAHHAA
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Cobalt Izuna/video/23208694

Top Bottom