• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Izuna

Banned
6-4...

I love you for talking me I'm the best on the team.

<3

Oh and daily love for Bae Northstar. Once I get you in pink I will show you off.

E92 M3

I actually kinda like Homestead for Titan combat because it feels a bit less lane based than other maps, so flanking is a less rigid process. Pretty cruddy as a pilot, though.

Salvio core seems to have been nerfed a bit

It was hit a decent bit. Salvo core is significantly weaker than it was.

Tone's biggest imbalance is her kit itself. She has, hands down, the most versatile offensive kit - including the absolute best defensive option.

Scorch destroys her, a smart ronin destroys her, a smart Ion destroys her, and a good legion can wreck her. People need to use strategy instead of walking forward and shooting. A good player can make any Titan seem OP.

Nothing triggers me more than people complaining because they don't care to improve their own game (not referring directly to you).

Tone's biggest imbalance is her kit itself. She has, hands down, the most versatile offensive kit - including the absolute best defensive option.

That's true - she's basically Ryu from Street Fighter. I'm not totally sure how to balance her, though. Making all parts of her kit simply weaker may make up for her insane versatility, but she still needs to be fun to play. idk

Reebot

Scorch destroys her, a smart ronin destroys her, a smart Ion destroys her, and a good legion can wreck her. People need to use strategy instead of walking forward and shooting. A good player can make any Titan seem OP.

Nothing triggers me more than people complaining because they don't care to improve their own game (not referring directly to you).

Of course its possible to outplay a Tone. No one is saying she's unbeatable.

When you look at her kit, Tone has no downsides. She can one shot pilots across the map. She has very high DPS v. Titans. She has the best defensive move, and the only one capable of blocking all damage while still allowing Tone to output damage at her max (compared to Ion, for example).

So when are they nerfing Tone

What? Tone is perfectly balanced

Absolutely nothing wrong. Nope. Balanced

So balanced that everyone chooses that Titan. Balanced. Completely.

IBQ2oVMh.jpg

So much variety. Definitely solved an issue from TF1.

Reebot

That's true - she's basically Ryu from Street Fighter. I'm not totally sure how to balance her, though. Making all parts of her kit simply weaker may make up for her insane versatility, but she still needs to be fun to play. idk

Just buff the other Titans (specifically Scorch, Northstar, and Ronin), and move particle wall to another kit. That's the only "nerf" she needs.

E92 M3

When you look at her kit, Tone has no downsides. She can one shot pilots across the map. She has very high DPS v. Titans. She has the best defensive move, and the only one capable of blocking all damage while still allowing Tone to output damage at her max (compared to Ion, for example).

Her cqc game is weak compared to some of the other titans. Legion has a shield on his weapon as well. Ion has a vortex shield that can disperse damage back. Every Titan has strengths and weakness, nerfing the fun out of the game isn't the answer and Respawn is smart enough to understand that.

The meta has barely developed yet and people are still learning the game. Personally, I've never been scared of a Tone. Scorch and Legions are my number one fear. A Scorch can destroy you so fast.

Everyone has their selfish reasons for wanting a nerf. Personally, I hate the hemlock, but don't want it nerfed because some people enjoy it. Obviously I am biased towards Tone because I enjoy the weapons, but don't think she is OP at all.

Yeah, she definitely has no downsides. He pilot sniping abilities seem better than northstar's , her shild is great and sonar is useful for all. She isnt op but most of the other titans have some sort of glaring weakness. Maybe jack of all trades kinda thing? I like the Ryu comparison

E92 M3

Yeah, she definitely has no downsides. He pilot sniping abilities seem better than northstar's , her shild is great and sonar is useful for all. She isnt op but most of the other titans have some sort of glaring weakness. Maybe jack of all trades kinda thing? I like the Ryu comparison

And there is nothing wrong with have a Ryu in a game. Good players with other Titans can wreck shop.

Thinking about picking up the game. Like a lot of the customization options I've seen. Can you select reticles or is it locked to whatever sight you have equipped? And how is the PC playerbase for the core modes?

E92 M3

I'll die before seeing Titanfall turn into Destiny lol. Bungie nerfed everything into the ground because of complaining.

This game is like MW2 to me. Everything is fun and useful.

What? Tone is perfectly balanced

Absolutely nothing wrong. Nope. Balanced

So balanced that everyone chooses that Titan. Balanced. Completely.

So much variety. Definitely solved an issue from TF1.
Everyone picks tone, at first because she is easy to learn. I bet you destroy most tones as northstar, as I with ion. As ion most tones start fleeing when i shove their rockets back in their face. Scorch is the titan that scares me the most,atm, especially the sneaky ones

E92 M3

Everyone picks tone, at first because she is easy to learn. I bet you destroy most tones as northstar, as I with ion. As ion most tones start fleeing when i shove their rockets back in their face. Scorch is the titan that scares me the most,atm, especially the sneaky ones

If I see a scorch, I am running. Only fight scorches mid-range or long range. Very dangerous titan.

While Tone is easy to play, mastering her took a bit of time. Nonetheless, I've always loved the 40mm cannon. Never stopped using it since the R1 beta.

Man, this makes me sad. It's under 100 people right now in my region for trying to play Amped Hardpoint... c'mon...

I got pretty low numbers and I live in London. There's no justice in the world p_p

I really think they should make 2 game modes available: Attrition and Mixtape.

I've done my part and sold a copy of the game to someone IRL but it's going to take a lot more for the game to have legs, which is sad considering how much fun and challenging it can be.

They also need to fix the online play. There's an issue with latency/net code or whatever because I'm getting killed by SMGs at distance when I spot and hit the enemy first using a rifle. It felt like I was a second or two behind. It would always been the same one or two players each round too.

Just finished a match in Boomtown. Was in my titan right near B and I got fucked up in a HUGE cluster fuck of pilots and titans, set off my self destruct and got at least 4 with the blast. Feels SO fucking good :).

And in terms of titans, I've only been using Ion and I really, really like how balanced he is. Strong enough, but has good weapons and abilities.

And in terms of titans, I've only been using Ion and I really, really like how balanced he is. Strong enough, but has good weapons and abilities.

Don't misgender her :mad:

Ion is really strong yeah. Laser shot rips and tears long range, and vortex shield can completely shut town Legion. Ronin is always a bit tough for me to fight though.

E92 M3

I really think they should make 2 game modes available: Attrition and Mixed Bag.

I've done my part and sold a copy of the game to someone IRL but it's going to take a lot more for the game to have legs, which is sad considering how much fun and challenging it can be.

They also need to fix the online play. There's an issue with latency/net code or whatever because I'm getting killed by SMGs at distance when I spot and hit the enemy first using a rifle. It felt like I was a second or two behind. It would always been the same one or two players each round too.

I just sold a copy today as well (he was deadset on buying IW lmao). There is nothing more that I want then for this game to thrive. Wish the population could be combined for PS and Xbox.

As a ryu player, I agree, lol. You are right about her cqc ability, as well

Indeed, if people face Diago they will think Ryu is OP. Tone in the right hands is very dangerous, but so are the other Titans. It all comes down to some folks refusing to change up their strategies or being stuck in old ways.

I'll be real, one time an annoying Ronin was always in my face and it pissed me off so much. Consequently, it taught me how to take on Ronin's better and be cognizant of my positioning. Knowing your position on the battlefield is one of the most important skills for Titan gameplay.

Don't misgender her :mad:

Ion is really strong yeah. Laser shot rips and tears long range, and vortex shield can completely shut town Legion. Ronin is always a bit tough for me to fight though.

It's fun when you kill a doomed Ronin with the melee kill animation. Feels like some good justice :).

I really, really want Respawn to ditch the amped bullshit in hardpoint. Have they ever addressed why they introduced this stupid mechanic to begin with?

Removing it would also solve my other complaint with hardpoint and that's matches ending way too fast. Sometimes i feel like games are just getting good and it's over... Sucks.

Please kill the amped stuff Respawn. This gametype has been pretty rock solid for ages and across many different franchises, no need to screw with it.

I just sold a copy today as well (he was deadset on buying IW lmao). There is nothing more that I want then for this game to thrive. Wish the population could be combined for PS and Xbox.

Indeed, if people face Diago they will think Ryu is OP. Tone in the right hands is very dangerous, but so are the other Titans. It all comes down to some folks refusing to change up their strategies or being stuck in old ways.

I'll be real, one time an annoying Ronin was always in my face and it pissed me off so much. Consequently, it taught me how to take on Ronin's better and be cognizant of my positioning. Knowing your position on the battlefield is one of the most important skills for Titan gameplay.
Yet i still see people drop their lone titan right in the middle of 3 enemy titans and complain that titans are made of paper

E92 M3

I'd remove the amped thing from hardpoint. I think it slows the game down too much.

Right now, Attrition is my favorite mode - can play solo and carry if needed. The least amount of teamwork needed.

Yet i still see people drop their lone titan right in the middle of 3 enemy titans and complain that titans are made of paper

Hahah, I love those people. Free core energy, yo!

soultron

Banned
For anyone worrying about low player counts in modes, I think once Respawn figures out how to get every game type and/or playlist visible on the Mode Selection screen (instead of 2 paginated views, with max 8 tiles per page) I think that will help. Part of the problem is that some players won't even realize there are more than 8 possible playlists/modes right now.

I'm honestly okay with amped. I think it's because the game moves along fine. It also gives more reasons to actually play defensively than to just pick up and move on.

Gator86

Tone is the Bastion of this game confirmed?

Legion is the Bastion of this game without a doubt. They serve similar roles in both design and function - they're both immobile turrets that do lots of damage. Legion is OP in the same way Bastion was. Namely, he's unrelenting hell for people who can't be bothered to flank or just move. People who try to trade with him head to head are going to get fucking wrecked.

Tone is basically Hanzo, but with Reinhardt's shield. Even her exploding school bus rounds are the same with those absurd hitboxes.

KingV

It was hit a decent bit. Salvo core is significantly weaker than it was.

I would still say that Tone is pretty obviously the best Titan. Her whole kit is just all top tier.

The 40MM is a good primary, and she has arguably the best secondary which has zero cool down, except for the lock on, and definitively the best defensive optioN with particle wall.

I usually use ion, but his kit is pretty obviously inferior. His main damage dealing option is on the same cool down as his only defensive option. Vortex shield is inferior to particle wall as a defense (and I think it actually lasts a shorter time). Sure it can deal damage, but the projectiles are slow, and not easy to aim well. After you use it, Ion's battery is completely gassed and can only use his weak primary which takes like 2-3 shots to even kill a pilot.

I feel like legion is still pretty good. My only real complaint is that he is too good at range, and could use more damage drop off. He can effectively engage at Northstar ranges almost as well as he can st mid distance.

I'd remove the amped thing from hardpoint. I think it slows the game down too much.

Right now, Attrition is my favorite mode - can play solo and carry if needed. The least amount of teamwork needed.

Hahah, I love those people. Free core energy, yo!
I play amped in conjunction with attrition . I love the change of pace and different strategy it requires. I use an entirely different kit and titan. The teamwork aspect keeps it fresh and i only want to play TF because it doesn't get boring as fast as games with less modes. I love R6, tlou mp, and BF1 but i can only play those games for so long. As it stands, TF2 has not left my ps4 since launch.

E92 M3

LOL that 2nd one just said fuck it and came at you like "YOLO"

Hahaha, "this dude is a zebra pink tone, what's the worse that happen?"

I play amped in conjunction with attrition . I love the change of pace and different strategy it requires. I use an entirely different kit and titan. The teamwork aspect keeps it fresh and i only want to play TF because it doesn't get boring as fast as games with less modes. I love R6, tlou mp, and BF1 but i can only play those games for so long. As it stands, TF2 has not left my ps4 since launch.

Sucks you're on PS4, could have joined us Xbox folk ;)

(I play Destiny on PS4 lol)

Gator86

For anyone worrying about low player counts in modes, I think once Respawn figures out how to get every game type and/or playlist visible on the Mode Selection screen (instead of 2 paginated views, with max 8 tiles per page) I think that will help. Part of the problem is that some players won't even realize there are more than 8 possible playlists/modes right now.

It's amazing this is an actual post. "Once Respawn figures out how to get every game type on the mode selection screen." I can't believe someone was paid to work on the menus and UI for this game. Just embarrassing.

The problem is the awful maps, they favor Tone. Tone is the easiest of Titans to use, and amazing range fighter. With how lane heavy the maps are or they are giant open areas, the ranged Titans have a significant advantage. Titans like Scorch and Ronin are at disadvantage cause of the shitty map designs.

These titans would be alot more balanced if the maps were like the ones in TF1

Hahaha, "this dude is a zebra pink tone, what's the worse that happen?"

Sucks you're on PS4, could have joined us Xbox folk ;)

(I play Destiny on PS4 lol)
Yeah, i was hoping you were on ps4. I play with a few from ps4 gaf and i have convinced enough friends to buy this game so it's never lonely

Bumhead

Banned

Yeah, I mean at a certain point Attrition is Titanfall multiplayer. It's the mode with the AI (which is a distinct, unique feature that I personally dig a lot) and as you say it's the most accessible mode to play solo.

I played a lot of the first game and I'm going to play a lot of this one, and for me Titanfall has never really been about objective modes. I've had some fun with Bounty Hunt and Amped Hardpoint but eventually the player base is going to centralise very heavily around Attrition.

Top Bottom