• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

wamberz1

94% and it gets stuck on calculating. I've tried everything but it just sits there. I might have to delete everything and try again but I wanted to play tonight ;_;
Edit: moment I posted this it resumed, Gaf powers win again!

Returned to Titanfall 1 to send it off and just realized the game had a bumper jumper option. Never thought to check for some reason...

Anyways, barring Angel City, what map would you guys like to see return from the first game?
Fracture and Haven. Best maps in the game alongside AC.

Izuna

Banned
Hah, I did all this calibration before this game unlocked and it looks like in-game brightness setting needs turning WAAAAAAY down.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
I have an incredible itch to buy this gMe but ive decided to wait to see what df says about every version including pro first.

Is tf1 worth me jumping in TF 1 to scratch my itch or should i just play something like halo 5
You can't go wrong with Halo 5.

Drewfonse

Still confused about how to join TitanGAF ps4. I'm on the spreadsheet. I don't have the game yet. Do I search for the network when I log onto the game and then send a request?

dLMN8R

Waiting for my 9PM unlock I started watching EA's intro videos here:

https://www.titanfall.com/tips/beginner-tips

They're surprisingly helpful, especially describing how the battery system works. I didn't realize that it also significantly contributes to your Titan build time when you don't have one.

After watching these videos I have no problem at all anymore with the concept of getting rid of the default over-shield and having this system instead.

One question though on the titan build system - when you get more titan build meter, some of it is blue, and some of it is yellow. What is the yellow section indicating? Is that how far it could fall back down if you don't continue making progress?

Izuna

Banned
Q, is the brightness in the training area just different from the rest of the game? It doesn't feel botched outside of there.

Campaign is fucking incredible. I didn't think it would be THIS good... I'll give a verdict whether or not it's better than Wolf when I'm done. I guess I should do some multiplayer for now.

Chris1

Returned to Titanfall 1 to send it off and just realized the game had a bumper jumper option. Never thought to check for some reason...

Anyways, barring Angel City, what map would you guys like to see return from the first game?
Lol I like how everyone replied with a different map. Just shows how good the maps on titanfall 1 were.

Anyways war games of course.

Are...

Are the leaderboards synced for all platforms or is Gamesager taking the fucking piss?
They added his really good run from the beta into the full game on every platform. I got the #3 slot after practicing for an hour, but it's gonna take me a while to get close to his record...
REQ: please let me approve members from the website
I think you can, somehow? When I tried the first (broken, now deleted) network this morning, I somehow requested to join my own network three times, and accepted all three on the website by going to the members list.

I'm just gonna ignore the web interface for a while though. At least people can request to join it after I remade the network.
Still confused about how to join TitanGAF ps4. I'm on the spreadsheet. I don't have the game yet. Do I search for the network when I log onto the game and then send a request?
RedFury's in charge of accepting join requests for that, and given how weird networks are acting, he'll probably have to get the game first to be able to accept invites.

I just love that this is so viable to play alone

Solo queue on Overwatch has been really bumming me out recently but in this, it really doesn't matter all that much. You can still have a good time even if your team is shit and losing.

Sent request for Network / Added myself to the spread sheet.

04aa10cfc4599b7a948333270ccbdc9a.325x183x47.gif

Keasar

Did Respawn ever answer why they removed the A.I bots from other modes? Was it a design decision? Were they pressured by the people who were bad at the game and couldn't handle them despite them being the super cannon fodder of gaming?

I miss my little bundles of Titan meter ready to be cracked open while moving from point A to point B in hardpoint. Giving me something to do while on the move and also leading to faster Titan drops if I played effectively.

Now I stand alone in a point, waiting for it to amp, with nothing to do or shoot unless one enemy decides to be smart and get to the other side.

Hardpoint is really worse off without A.I. It is so boring to stay behind and amp points even though its kinda a crucial strategy...

God I am so ticked off on people who whined about the A.I soldiers. Without them, no way of trying to gain some Titan meter while getting between points. Getting some meter while AT the points. Nothing. Now there is only Attrition and Bounty left with that. And Attrition fucking sucks.

Whats wrong with attrition?

Hardpoint needs to drop the amped gimmick. Or just make the middle flag amped so that people dont loiter in the home bases

Anyone getting low GPU usage on an nvidia card? Mine won't go above 70% I can't use a different driver as it's not compatible with my current version of windows. 980ti/4790k w10 latest drivers.

Revas

Anyone getting low GPU usage on an nvidia card? Mine won't go above 70% I can't use a different driver as it's not compatible with my current version of windows. 980ti/4790k w10 latest drivers.

Yeah my GPU usage rarely goes over 60%.

This campaign is awesome.

Dartastic

Oh shiiiiiiiiit installing the game nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

The question is, do I want for my PS4 Pro to play the campaign? I still have the Gears and Battlefield campaigns to complete, not to mention the Battlefield multiplayer. Have they announced how they've improved the game for the Pro?

Izuna

Banned
Let's see here...

Titan Kits...

Counter Ready (woooow)
Turbo Engine
or Nuclear Ejection

I want them all.

I'm going o see if Nuclear is as good as the original first.

~ For those who wanted Titan shields without bothering with batteries, that's legit an option.

So, anyone on Xbone wanna play? Or are you all sleeping?

It's kinda funny... I actually prefer Bounty Hunt to Attrition now. The objectives keep the action focused on specific areas so you don't run for 30 seconds to turn a corner and get shot and then spend another 30 seconds trying to find a fight :p

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Hm. Only 3 or 4 online achievements?

Might grab this after all. If just for the campaign and the online achievements. I'll wait to get it cheap.

renzolama

pc, but I thought that would probably be the case. The tutorial guy mentioned something about less accuracy or something so I got spooked.

I wouldn't do it personally if you're on m/kb. It means you can't move a short distance while retaining full accuracy, so if you're making small movements during a gunfight you'll almost certainly end up in situations where it takes longer to draw/aim than you intend. That's just my preference, if I was on a controller I can see that it might be a different consideration

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
I believe its ~$40 out on the net somewhere. I suggest getting in early while everyone is still learning how to play.

I'm all good. Australian prices are always a write off.

I'm pretty good at the first game and played enough of the tech test to know where I stand. I'll wait it out.

ok, default PC controls are officially a fucking mess.

mouse 3 for pilot ability? are you KIDDING ME?

Q for grenades?

fucking F for melee?

no option to turn off this awful toggle ADS?

WHAT HAPPEN.

edit: also, why tf can i not just press 1 or 2 to switch between weapons?!? WHY MUST I SCROLL THE FUCKING MOUSE

Top Bottom