• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Menitta

Bitch to support. Theyll likely remove shipping cost

With prime there's already no shipping, so I'll just wait and see. I do think it's wrong because it says it's in New Jersey and I'm in Maryland.

Edit: Also, this isn't the first time this has happened. SFV said it was arriving the Friday after.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Somewhere around halfway through the campaign

Kinda shocked at how much I'm enjoying it. Up until a few months ago I really didn't even care that this game had a campaign for some reason. If this keeps up, I suspect the Wolfenstien The New Order + DOOM 2016 recommendation will become a modern holy trinity.

Seeing this quote from you got me more hyped than I already was.

Izuna

Banned
Submitted network add request and added my info to the spreadsheet.

90 minutes left.

Added.

I'm curious, is the Xbox version not unlocked for you guys? It unlocked for me at midnight despite having a code from Best Buy. Perhaps that gave me UK unlock time?

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
So excited to play TF2. Never got a chance to play the first game. An hour and a half to go until it unlocks on PS4.

My body is ready™

Izuna

Banned
Wow so, if you REDEEM the code with a set region, it becomes a game for that region lmao. Then you can download whatever version you want afterwards.

Nice to know ;)

Hardpoint is really worse off without A.I. It is so boring to stay behind and amp points even though its kinda a crucial strategy...

God I am so ticked off on people who whined about the A.I soldiers. Without them, no way of trying to gain some Titan meter while getting between points. Getting some meter while AT the points. Nothing. Now there is only Attrition and Bounty left with that. And Attrition fucking sucks.

Yeah Hard point was my main mode in 1 by a long shot. Looks like most folks are gravitating to bounty hunt.

Seeing this quote from you got me more hyped than I already was.

It's just scratching the right itches for me. So far the whole experience is designed around core mechanics and player driven progression. Very little artificial flashiness or overbearing scripting. Plus the way it's paced with varied traversal cooldown sections lends the game a late 90s/early 2000s vibe, much like Wolf: TNO. This is not a set-piece shooter in the way we've come to know them post-CoD4. The Cooper/BT relationship and real time dialogue choices are interesting as well- not Wolf tier writing, but a fun little means of interaction and character building. Most important things here are the mechanics, combat, and level design. It's a distinctly Titanfall campaign with some very intense combat bowls, especially on Hard.

I also like the art direction more than I thought I would. The game has a great industrial sci-fi grime on the underside of those sunny locations that I didn't get a sense of from the maps in the Tech Test.

It's pretty bad. It's not the first time either. Think I mentioned it before but Overwatch was delivered almost a full day in to the release so I wouldn't have high hopes for Titanfall 2 at this point. I don't think I'd ever preorder a game with them.

This is weird. I pre-order damn near every PC game I buy at launch through them, because of the price, and I've never had a key arrive late. I'm kinda pissed.

...the option to turn off toggle ADS is literally above the ADS toggle keybind. You just have to rebind it.

As for the rest of the stuff, yeah, it's a mess, but I'm used to rebinding a bunch keys for MKB anyways.

Edit: ^Yeah, what that guy said!

ah ok.

"aim modifier" wasn't exactly... clear.

honestly been playing an hour of the campaign so far, just so fucking distracted by the terrible default controls to even care about the game yet.

[R1 default controls were perfect, aside from the mouse smoothing, really don't understand why they had to touch any of that]

movement generally still feels like shit, but maybe i'll get used to it?

blakep267

I'm disappointed to hear what they've done to attrition. Bounty hunt just doesn't do it for me. I kinda wanna know the thinking that went into the attrition stuff for TF2

Karak

I'm disappointed to hear what they've done to attrition. Bounty hunt just doesn't do it for me. I kinda wanna know the thinking that went into the attrition stuff for TF2

Its weird because its a very safe suite of types but the one or two I like have been changed a bit down from what i liked.
EDIT ok ya. Not at all 60fps on the consoles lol. Seeing stutter. Maybe of all things need to clear the Xbox One cashe. Its so odd to have to do that sometimes. Not sure it will help but worth the try.

Izuna

Banned

I mean honestly, the inability to pinpoint where minions are (because of radar) with the fact that you're never going to find minions in a part of the map without other players means the farming or map control mechanic is basically gone.

EDIT ok ya. Not at all 60fps on the consoles lol. Seeing stutter. Maybe of all things need to clear the Xbox One cashe. Its so odd to have to do that sometimes. Not sure it will help but worth the try.

I've seen a little stutter in the PS4 campaign as well, once during a transition zone as the game moved lots of AI into place, and once as I entered a big area with lots of moving parts.

Karak

I've seen a little stutter in the PS4 campaign as well, once during a transition zone as the game moved lots of AI into place, and once as I entered a big area with lots of moving parts.

Ya had a couple of those as well. Was hoping the dynamic resolution would make it true that they were 60fps.
But still fun!

Oh sweet, looks like they fixed whatever was disconnecting in-game profiles with web profiles on the networks site! I can finally manage the PC network from the web interface. It doesn't look like I can accept join requests over the web yet, but it's progress.

Kuusoge

Once you get the hang of it, the movement in this game is great. It's smooth and I'm glad they put sliding into the game. And I was worried I wasn't going to like the movement after the tech test

Just added myself to the spreadsheet (Xbox One) and I sent a request for TitanGAF.

Thanks for setting this up. Going to hop on MP now. Haven't played a match yet. Really excited to do so.

Izuna

Banned
Just added myself to the spreadsheet (Xbox One) and I sent a request for TitanGAF.

Thanks for setting this up. Going to hop on MP now. Haven't played a match yet. Really excited to do so.

I'll play with you, one sec ;)

You know what Respawn? I love you guys. This Campaign is probably, at least top 2 of this gen. I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up better than Wold also.

Ya had a couple of those as well. Was hoping the dynamic resolution would make it true that they were 60fps.
But still fun!

Karak have you checked GPU usage on PC? Playing on 1440p 144hz panel my 980ti generally won't go above 80% usage resulting in some drops to the 50's. It's annoying as this wouldn't happen if all the juice was been used. I'm thinking it's a driver issue, same this happened to me in TF1 and the issue went away with a driver update

So I guess I am going to try this bumper jumper control scheme and try to git gud at the slide hop thing. Does anyone have any videos breaking it down?

nm, found frothy's video.

Karak

Karak have you checked GPU usage on PC? Playing on 1440p 144hz panel my 980ti generally won't go above 80% usage resulting in some drops to the 50's. It's annoying as this wouldn't happen if all the juice was been used. I'm thinking it's a driver issue, same this happened to me in TF1 and the issue went away with a driver update

Tried the stupid stuff like priority and affinity?
I have heard some folks having an issue and others not and yes it seems far more likely to be a driver issue than something with the game itself
Elaborate? I'm looking to know what's up here
First consider me simply saying. I was hoping for 60fps. Of course meaning locked. Anything else is...well a target. And its NOT game breaking at all. Noticeable at times is all.
As some other posters here have said about the PS4 and X1. Was hoping for as close to a locked as possible. But its not, get some stutters on huge smoke and missile effects rarely, do see some stutter after the initial load, and campagin seems to have some(not a ton)
Clearing the cache actually did seem to fix a stutter on loading. I test on SSD, hybrid, and normal 7200 external on all games. And am done with that. Those didn't have any effect.
Not horrible. Just not what I was hoping for.

So this unlocks for everyone on Xbone in the US in about 30 minutes, yes? Or does it vary by timezone?
Timezone. I have folks in my discord who have been playing for some time and don't have codes. Well actually that would be me as well. lol.

Top Bottom