• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

What exactly does the deluxe version give you? Can you get them through gameplay?

In the OP

Prime Titan customization for Scorch
Prime Titan customization for Ion
Thunderbird Nose Arts for each Titan
Excalibur Chrome Warpaints for each Titan
Splinter Ocean Camo applicable to every Titan, Pilot and Weapon
Quantum Ocean Camo applicable to every Titan, Pilot and Weapon
Gold Caliburn Callsign

Don't think so

Izuna

Banned
Okay so...

First match impressions:

- Tone is nice. I like her.
- My team sucked (I had 2431 whereas the next best player had 800....)
- Definitely a slower game than R1, I do not like slide hopping nor do I like the double jump killing all momentum
- Lack of music is sadface

There's no lack of polish here. It's just not R1. That's okay, I guess.

I just have to use Turbo Engine on my Titan because of how slow things are usually. Which means no Nuclear fun. It doesn't feel like this should be a trade-off honestly, it feels like a restriction. I'm unsure why Atlas build Titans were given only one dash default. Turbo Engine should have just been a faster recharge instead.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
Anyone happen to know when Amazon sends out their digital codes? Is it when the game releases at midnightEST or is there no set time? Dying to play this shit man.

Kuusoge

ok, default PC controls are officially a fucking mess.

mouse 3 for pilot ability? are you KIDDING ME?

Q for grenades?

fucking F for melee?

no option to turn off this awful toggle ADS?

WHAT HAPPEN.

Yea the toggle ADS is what really gets me. What KB/M player wouldn't be able to to press both mouse buttons at the same time???? Nobody likes toggle ADS so I don't see why it's a thing in this game.

Returned to Titanfall 1 to send it off and just realized the game had a bumper jumper option. Never thought to check for some reason...

Anyways, barring Angel City, what map would you guys like to see return from the first game?

Smugglers cove for sure!

Edit: NVM I meant Lagoon! Always confuse those two.

Rayme

Yes there is.

Yea the toggle ADS is what really gets me. What KB/M player wouldn't be able to to press both mouse buttons at the same time???? Nobody likes toggle ADS so I don't see why it's a thing in this game.

It's been the default in this group's PC games since the first CoD, calm down. ;)

For Hold-to-ADS on PC Mouse:
Go to key bindings, and put MOUSE2 on "Aim | Modifer" instead of the default "Toggle Aim | Modifier".

Mechazawa

ok, default PC controls are officially a fucking mess.

mouse 3 for pilot ability? are you KIDDING ME?

Q for grenades?

fucking F for melee?

WHAT HAPPEN.

...the option to turn off toggle ADS is literally above the ADS toggle keybind. You just have to rebind it.

As for the rest of the stuff, yeah, it's a mess, but I'm used to rebinding a bunch keys for MKB anyways.

Edit: ^Yeah, what that guy said!

Izuna

Banned
Attrition is...

Well... I don't find myself going to certain areas of the map to kill minions like in R1. The Minions are just... there.

Goosers are much easier to pull off (gifs soon)

The new Radar does not work with Attrition modes. I don't like the Destiny-style radar at all, but it really makes Minions jarring. They're just annoying parts of the game here whereas in R1 I adored them. I think I mostly feel the same from the Tech Test, outside of the fact that I really like Tone's weapon (the 40mm).

I've only played on one of the new maps and, while it was better, it seems like there is a fundamental difference between this game and the original.

I hope to play in a team with people who know what they're doing at some point. ;)

In a way, I kinda wish R1 campaign style made its way here. I'm jumping into the Multiplayer at launch it feels like I'm playing a mode with no direction. Perhaps it's because the servers are still not so populated yet.

The Polygon review may have been written by a dude who can't play too well, but I feel like I agree with everything in it now.

Despite this fact... This is the only Multiplayer I hope to play in the foreseeable future.

EDIT: seriously, slide-hopping should not be the only way to move fast in this game.

I really want to get this on Xbox one is the game still 720p? I was hoping they would bump the resolution from the beta.

It looks really nice to me. Their anti-aliasing solution is top-notch

Kuusoge

Yes there is.

It's been the default in this group's PC games since the first CoD, calm down. ;)

For Hold-to-ADS on PC Mouse:
Go to key bindings, and put MOUSE2 on "Aim | Modifer" instead of the default "Toggle Aim | Modifier".

Yea I'm an idiot. I was looking for it earlier and could not find it when it was right in front of me. I saw the crouch modifier but not the aim one that was right above the toggle lol. Thanks

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
It's not that you can't. It's that you don't want to have to think about it when you're snap aiming.

Karak

Not happy with the performance of the consoles versus the PC to be honest. Was hoping for a far better stability.

I would try Bounty Hunt. I kind of see why they picked it for the tech test now, it feels much more focused than attrition.

As for the slide hopping thing, you don't have to use it all the time. I don't, just when I need to get to or away from something really fast! When I'm just looking for things to shoot I slow down a lot and just use the normal wall running/jumping methods.

xRaizen

So benefits of knowing a local BWW manager for years and having fixed his and his employees' computers, has finally paid off with something other than free lunches, dinners, and money!

arN42wz.jpg

First 5 people to reply will get a code :)

Edit: Sent!

Drewfonse

So benefits of knowing a local BWW manager for years and having fixed his and his employees' computers, has finally paid off with something other than free lunches, dinners, and money!

I'll take one! Thanks.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood

I'm too late right?

Chris1

I'll take one if you're giving out any more than 5 lol

Thanks

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun

In?

Edit: damn. Lol.

Alright, so:

-is bounty hunt better enough to be a good attrition replacement now? Seems like they made it more active. Is it the default playlist, or are people gravitating towards TDM/Skirmish?

-tell me CTF is good. I long for a good CTF

Nori Chan

Wish I got here in time to get one :(

Izuna

Banned
-is bounty hunt better enough to be a good attrition replacement now?

Let me put it this way.

Attrition is not all that in this version. Bounty Hunt is better than it was in the beta.

--

I think Counter Read (extra smoke) is super necessary for Tone, more so than an extra dash. She really can't protect herself against Rodeo well (though it is very easy to get the battery back because of Sonar lmao)

Alright, so:

-is bounty hunt better enough to be a good attrition replacement now? Seems like they made it more active. Is it the default playlist, or are people gravitating towards TDM/Skirmish?

-tell me CTF is good. I long for a good CTF
Haven't tried CTF yet but Bounty Hunt is really great. It feels very alive - 5v5 plus grunts and then you have titans and reapers dropping. Also the Bounty system encourages people to congregate and it becomes really fun when you have these three way fights between AI titans, enemy titans and then your titans. You have to juggle your attention and manage threats and when you do it right it's very satisfying.

tesqui

Man, it's going to be weird having TF2 and BF1 in my gaming rotation. I'll be trying to throw down med kits in TF2 and run on walls in BF1.

Izuna

Banned
Hmm, so you can't play Skirmish outside of 8v8 Variety. That's a shame, a Pilot Hunter with Titan Kills being worth something sounds like the best mode for this.

edit: nvm, can't find anyone in that. I need to switch network to US maybe

Somewhere around halfway through the campaign

Kinda shocked at how much I'm enjoying it. Up until a few months ago I really didn't even care that this game had a campaign for some reason. If this keeps up, I suspect the Wolfenstein The New Order + DOOM 2016 recommendation will become a modern holy trinity.

Top Bottom