• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

I've totally come around on Bounty Hunt. As much as I loved Attrition in the first game, it just feels a bit wanting in this one. Having some sort of objective helps, I think.

Also feels real, real good to tag a few folks on the way to the bank and deposit their bonuses >:)

Finally unlocked Phase Shift and it's a hoot. I'll probably switch between it and Stim from here on out.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Are there any Console streamers or YouTubers who either produce quality gameplay or create tutorials and guides for improving themselves?

I'm okay with PC as well for more general purposes but not sure how much the PC meta differs from Console right now.

Gamesager has good console gameplay, but doesn't do guides as far as I can tell. He looks like he should be a backup in My Chemical Romance though.

Are there any Console streamers or YouTubers who either produce quality gameplay or create tutorials and guides for improving themselves?

I'm okay with PC as well for more general purposes but not sure how much the PC meta differs from Console right now.

Gamesager is a beast and plays on Xbox One. ^ Also agree with the MCR comment, but he's killing it.

He will throw out general tips for his viewers as he plays, so you can pick stuff up from watching easy. I didn't realize Amped Weapons reloads automatically, so if you have an LMG that can be a lifesaver.

1) wallhang should be permanent, kinda sucks anyway might as well let you hang for as long as possible

2) coliseum tickets shouldn't be a thing

Menthuss

Ronin really needs some sort of buff IMO. I was looking up vids and saw this Ronin get the drop on a Tone. The Ronin had full health and shields and the Tone had just full health. He pressured the Tone hard and perfectly timed his parries with the Tone's missile barrages but still ended up losing his shields and half his health before he managed to take out the Tone with an execution.

Ronin really needs some sort of buff IMO. I was looking up vids and saw this Ronin get the drop on a Tone. The Ronin had full health and shields and the Tone had just full health. He pressured the Tone hard and perfectly timed his parries with the Tone's missile barrages but still ended up losing his shields and half his health before he managed to take out the Tone with an execution.

If you're coming straight at a Tone as Ronin and are only trying to parry her missiles, you're going to lose or take a ton of damage.

Menthuss

If you're coming straight at a Tone as Ronin and are only trying to parry her missiles, you're going to lose or take a ton of damage.

What do you do then? You can't try to parry everything as you'll eventually get chipped to death. You have to drop your guard and go on the offensive at some point.

Here's the video I was talking about:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBDmruOrVqE

What could that Ronin have done better?

RMI

Banned
I only really play Attrition now. I never seem to get sick of it.

same. bounty hunt is fun but i'm not crazy about how the bank works. it seems to be open for too short a time period and having static bank locations means camping is a thing and it's annoying.

Sometimes I rack up a huge bonus only to get camped and then spawn in terrible locations such that I might die 3x before I get to the bank and then it closes.

What could the Ronin have done better?

looks like a pretty good result to me, actually.

same. bounty hunt is fun but i'm not crazy about how the bank works. it seems to be open for too short a time period and having static bank locations means camping is a thing and it's annoying.

Sometimes I rack up a huge bonus only to get camped and then spawn in terrible locations such that I might die 3x before I get to the bank and then it closes.

yeah i agree, bank needs to be open longer and shift positions

edit: what's everyone's favorite smg? I'm using the alternator now but might switch back to the CAR for the longer range. Haven't unlocked the other ones yet.

Also I like some of the default sights a lot more than the holographic sight, takes up way too much space. The iron sights for things like the Alternator are really minimal and have a dot.

What do you do then? You can't try to parry everything as you'll eventually get chipped to death. You have to drop your guard and go on the offensive at some point.

Here's the video I was talking about:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBDmruOrVqE

What could the Ronin have done better?

He was a little too aggressive imo. I wouldn't have pressed for the kill in that narrow of a lane, it only guarantees she's going to get locks on you, thus you're taking a lot more damage even with parry. He should have phase shifted and flanked from around the tanker to the back or totally disengaged and went around. You aren't forced into fighting, he was just thirsty. I also never burn ronin shots into their back, it does minimal damage. If I get the drop you best believe I'm arc waving and slapping you in the back a couple times first.

Rewatching it, he totally whiffs his first phase shift as well. Normally you'd want to bait her to dropping shield, which all tone players do instantly, then phase shift behind her. She would have ran forward most like, leaving her shield for that Ronin to use.

The end result wasn't horrible, though, he got her down quick. Could have just played a bit smarter. Tone can punish Ronin for getting too aggro.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

looks like a pretty good result to me, actually.

Agreed on Bounty Hunt, shifting the banks would be way better. I don't know about the time for banks closing being too short, but the waves last for too long imo.

JaMarco

He needs his sword slash and shotgun to do more damage.

kind of silly that free for all has titans in it, maybe that's why only 16 people are playing it in my region lol

that being said I've won the only two games I've played so pls play :(

Gator86

He needs his sword slash and shotgun to do more damage.

I wouldn't mind an increase to his clip size. Right now, he just appears and has 4 shots, an arc wave, and maybe a melee before he's basically gassed. At that point, you're burning your phase dash for reload time, murdering your defense, or having to flee for your life. On almost every other titan, I'm confident I can fight off a Ronin and win unless I'm already doomed and he can sneak in an execution out of nowhere.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Ronin to me needs a tweak to either reload speed or clip size. Also the phase shift is pretty stupid and pointlessly punishing, should just push you out of a titan if you end up going inside of it. I want to use it aggressively and even spec towards having it more but trying to dash up and phase behind someone is a massive risk since you can't see where you're going to pop out.

I was growing tired of the game real fast until I switched from attrition to bounty hunt/variety

Mixtape is the main thing I feel I need to play in this game. Attrition feels dull after doing it nonstop, especially when you get crap like Crash Site which has weird spawns. Bounty Hunt gets too predictable but they're all fine in small doses. And honestly, Pilot Hunt has been pretty fun even if I wouldn't normally go into it, atleast it lets me use the Mozambique and phase shift everywhere.

And SERIOUSLY Respawn pls, Amped Hardpoint...ugh. This would work so much better if only B could be amped. The strategy is otherwise having one person on both teams having zero fun as they need to camp A/C, if one team does this and the other doesn't the point deficit is going to show quickly. It's mindbogglingly bad as-is.

I could see maybe a 6 round clip helping a bit, not a huge buff. Ronin doesn't really feel like a dueler to me, though. He flanks, hits and leaves. You can't have the lane presence others can.

I really like amped hardpoint but having b the only ampable point might work well. Also, you doint need to camp A or C only top them up when they are low. They still get double points when no one is there

Yeah, I always amp the first point, move on to help B and just run back real quick when A/C is getting low. Think that's how it's meant to be played, it keeps everyone moving. :p

Ronin to me needs a tweak to either reload speed or clip size. Also the phase shift is pretty stupid and pointlessly punishing, should just push you out of a titan if you end up going inside of it. I want to use it aggressively and even spec towards having it more but trying to dash up and phase behind someone is a massive risk since you can't see where you're going to pop out.

Mixtape is the main thing I feel I need to play in this game. Attrition feels dull after doing it nonstop, especially when you get crap like Crash Site which has weird spawns. Bounty Hunt gets too predictable but they're all fine in small doses. And honestly, Pilot Hunt has been pretty fun even if I wouldn't normally go into it, atleast it lets me use the Mozambique and phase shift everywhere.

And SERIOUSLY Respawn pls, Amped Hardpoint...ugh. This would work so much better if only B could be amped. The strategy is otherwise having one person on both teams having zero fun as they need to camp A/C, if one team does this and the other doesn't the point deficit is going to show quickly. It's mindbogglingly bad as-is.
I really like amped hardpoint but having b the only ampable point might work well. Also, you doint need to camp A or C only top them up when they are low. They still get double points when no one is there

I've played a couple matches with Ronan but I am not sure if there is something wrong with his leveling for me or if I'm just not getting any level up stuff because I'm not great with him. Anyone have any tips on how the titans level?

KodaRuss

I've played a couple matches with Ronan but I am not sure if there is something wrong with his leveling for me or if I'm just not getting any level up stuff because I'm not great with him. Anyone have any tips on how the titans level?

I think playing Last Titan Standing for me seems to be the best way to learn the Titan and level up. However Ronin seems to excel in killing Pilots and mobs so maybe Attrition?

lt519

I'd like to grab this, not much of a competitive FPS guy, but with the Pro coming and the raving reviews for the Single Player it sounds like fun. Amazon is on back order though :/

How is the match making, if I'm not very good am I going to get stomped, or will it get me in the right skill bracket? Typically like a 0.9 k/d player that likes to play objectives.

SwolBro

Banned
the camo and skins they haven't aren't very good. they're too bright and the mix of colors aren't all that great.

i really wish they'd take a page out of destiny's book when it came to this.

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/dIAceOfSpadesIb/video/23307323

SERIOUSLY. this keeps happening to me every other match and when it happens I also notice that some textures don't like to load in quickly either, this sound glitch I get is very annoying. Am I the only one who is actually getting this issue cuz I keep asking and no one else ever responds lol.

Haven't seen that yet, sorry! Have you checked reddit or the TF forums?

the camo and skins they haven't aren't very good. they're too bright and the mix of colors aren't all that great.

My zebra pink Tone is a gift.

I love the colors. There are a lot of less vibrant ones, too.

Yeah, I also wish I could customize my armor a bit and get rid of that stupid little robot arm.

Gator86

Yup, they're just awful. It's like they remembered people complained about the lack of unlocks in TF1 right before the game came out and just pushed out the first 40 things that came out of ms paint. They should just let you totally customize your titan's scheme with unlocks only for the emblems and stuff.

KodaRuss

It looks like I might have to wait a little longer for some 4k Titanfall 2 goodness. Samsung has yet to ship my tv that I ordered on Saturday. bleh

E92 M3

Wow, just had my best match ever: 0 Deaths, 19 kills, and 4 Titan Kills in attrition.

Never had a game where I never died before.

I don't remember the last time I played a game that felt soooo good to play, the controls, the movement, the guns, the shooting, everything is so incredibly fluent.

How big is the player base on PS4 in Europe? Considering if I should get this for PS4 Pro or PC. I read a few pages back that on PC there are around 7000 players at peak time, so trying to see how it compares to PS4 and which version will have more longevity.

Wow, just had my best match ever: 0 Deaths, 19 kills, and 4 Titan Kills in attrition.

Never had a game where I never died before.

just had this, never died too

2 of them quit before evac lol

Pf3c8jC.jpg

also the mastiff damage drop-off is silly, it goes from 1 shotting to being a pea shooter within a few feet

How big is the player base on PS4 in Europe? Considering if I should get this for PS4 Pro or PC. I read a few pages back that on PC there are around 7000 players at peak time, so trying to see how it compares to PS4 and which version will have more longevity.

There are 14000 online right now, it was around 25000 on the weekend I think. So, definitely higher than PC.

I'm in NA though, so I don't know if that's all it's counting, or if that's a global total. I believe it's total.

Dranakin

When people leave Last Titan Standing, it really should stop after the end of the next round. I was completely dominating the other team, then two people on my team left the game, so it ended up being 5 vs 3 for like 4 rounds after that. There's no way for any team to win in that scenario.

Top Bottom