• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

SwolBro

Banned
I want to pick this game up, but whats the best platform? Everything being equal I would prefer to buy the PC version. However, I heard that the online commuinty of TF2 on PC is basically nonexistent. So is the ps4 version the standard?

all platforms have a healthy base right now. X1 being the most populated currently.

In other news the U.I is being fixed. Interview with Respawn from Vice
We have some modes we knew weren’t going to be as popular as others, but we’ve been bit by our UI more than I was expecting. When you go to find a match there are eight tiles of different game modes you can matchmake in, but there’s a second screen with a few more modes, and no one is going to those because the UI design was not obvious enough. We’re working on fixing that
Read more at http://www.playstationlifestyle.net...-page-not-obvious-enough/#j4lRGUZJPMBhwlGJ.99

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
all platforms have a healthy base right now. X1 being the most populated currently.

In other news the U.I is being fixed. Interview with Respawn from Vice

Haha! Thanks for linking that! (I'm the author). xD

And yeah, I agree. They should make everything on the front page. Heck, I'd honestly be OK if they mixed everything into one Mix Tape playlist and left Bounty Hunt and Attrition alone since that's the two most famous modes.

Not the most famous decision, but maybe the one that makes most sense? It can have 50K players around Christmas, but it still wouldn't look good if the other modes take a lot of time to find players, no?

SwolBro

Banned
Haha! Thanks for linking that! (I'm the author). xD

And yeah, I agree. They should make everything on the front page. Heck, I'd honestly be OK if they mixed everything into one Mix Tape playlist and left Bounty Hunt and Attrition alone since that's the two most famous modes.

Not the most famous decision, but maybe the one that makes most sense? It can have 50K players around Christmas, but it still wouldn't look good if the other modes take a lot of time to find players, no?

I don't want to see CTF and thigns like that thrown into a mixed playlist. Skirmish and 8v8 maybe but not major modes like ctf, lts, etc.

I do enjoy the mixed playlist though, it's better than it used to be in the first game. They need to hurry and fix the U.I.

hurzelein

I'm always amazed when I switch from Battlefield 1 to Titanfall how tight the controls and gameplay feels here. I'm no beginner with shooters (hate COD though) and know my way around controls and settings, but this just feels great man!

Even 2 weeks after release the sever population (Frankfurt!) seems to be scarce at 4am in the morning, I'm glad I picked this up on day one!

JaMarco

I don't want to see CTF and thigns like that thrown into a mixed playlist. Skirmish and 8v8 maybe but not major modes like ctf, lts, etc.

I do enjoy the mixed playlist though, it's better than it used to be in the first game. They need to hurry and fix the U.I.
Skirmish not having its own playlist...so depressing.

I'm always amazed when I switch from Battlefield 1 to Titanfall how tight the controls and gameplay feels here. I'm no beginner with shooters (hate COD though) and know my way around controls and settings, but this just feels great man!

Even 2 weeks after release the sever population (Frankfurt!) seems to be scarce at 4am in the morning, I'm glad I picked this up on day one!

I felt exactly the same way. I only played BF1 for a little while because everything felt so OLD, as it should, I guess. The guns all feel terrible, as they should, since they are WW1 guns and I am used to futuristic lasers and stuff. The movement is strict boots on the ground and slow, and feels terrible because I'm used to free-flowing double jumps, slides, and wallrunning.

I understand why BF1 is a great game, but it's not for me.

Vipu

Banned
Okay, so I have no idea what's going on.

I have a GTX 970, i5-2500K @ 4.2, and 16 GB of RAM. I simply cannot play the single-player without the FPS dipping below 60 a lot. I saw Digital Foundry's XONE and PS4 video, and they run at 60 no problem. Why the heck is my system not able to hold a 60, even at medium?

Do you have AO and shadows disabled?
Also try to turn off that audio setting that makes stuff sound muffled behind walls etc.

taco543

Honest question cos I'm looking at getting this tomorrow with my pro, what's the online community like in this game? Is it dead? Will I be able to find matches quick in the US? I have heard phenomenal things about the campaign and great stuff about the mp, but my worry is the community not being there.

Vipu

Banned
Honest question cos I'm looking at getting this tomorrow with my pro, what's the online community like in this game? Is it dead? Will I be able to find matches quick in the US? I have heard phenomenal things about the campaign and great stuff about the mp, but my worry is the community not being there.

It is there and it would be very fine if everyone wasnt scared and asked, its fine until everyone just thinks its not and doesnt get it.

Kade

I hope the multiplayer menu gets patched on PC or something. It feels really controller centric with how some of the menu item selection stuff works. The bottom bar seems kind of useless too. It would also be nice to have an option to have the scoreboard be a hold button instead of a toggle.

Vipu

Banned
Huh? Easily PC?

Did you mean PS4?

No, PC.

I want to pick this game up, but whats the best platform? Everything being equal I would prefer to buy the PC version. However, I heard that the online commuinty of TF2 on PC is basically nonexistent. So is the ps4 version the standard?

Just get the PC version... I dont get why does everyone have to ask the same question all the time.
Now if you all got PC version we would have most people on PC and no one would have to be worried.

Xater

We should be at peak time right now here with the Frankfurt server and it's around 15k. Already around 10k less than last week during weekdays.

Xater

"PC master race"
Must be a Trump supporter

PS4 has around 20k during the weekdays and around 30k during the weekends from my experience.

PC has had around 10-13k?

Xbone being the best with above 30k?

On the weekend it was at like 36k on Xbone. Now we are at below 20k territory.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
I'm wondering why you said that?
Is the player count on PS4 low?

Nope. PS4 is higher, but his statement makes sense in that if people wanted to buy it for PC actually bought it, it wouldn't have a smaller player population.

It's like that self-fulfilling prophecy of people not wanting to buy TF2 since they're scared of the player population dying. It's kinda to be proven as not true not, by the way. There's more than enough players on all platforms (PC with the least) that you won't have issues playing Attrition and Bounty Hunt. (the best modes, yeah, I said it!). :)

Yeah, they need to fix the UI ASAP. The should do something to make it so the not-so-popular game modes are populated. Attrition and Bounty are fine on PS4. Most people really go to that mode.

Same. I love BF and the entire formula DICE has created. What I don't like is the "clunky" movement even when you compare it to something like CoD. When you have to sprint sideways, etc. it just doesn't feel as smooth. That said, the core gameplay is definitely fun. I'll be diving back into BF1 again once I've had my TF2 MP fix.

The Trump stuff makes me not want to play anything for a while.

Seems you're not the only one. My PSN friends list is still not the same. I gather, a lot of games' population are affected. TF2 on PS4 has close to PS4 now, which is lower than usual. I've seen it reach 20K at this time, and usually at least at 18K.

On the weekend it was at like 36k on Xbone. Now we are at below 20k territory.

Don't think it's just TF2, to be honest. My PSN friends list is kinda barren right now with only a few people playing anything. Even BF1 and IW are like, one or two people each. Normally, I have at least 5-8 people playing BF1.

If Respawn ever did a "ranked" playlist, I'd hope is consists of CTF/Amped Hardpoint as they are the two most competitive playlists by far. Love both modes unconditionally.

so how's the game on the ps4 pro? worth to upgrade from vanilla ps4 to pro? are they any enhancement for 1080 tv? i assume the framerate is not increased in mp, i suppose it is more stable in both sp/mp?
any help would be appreciated

KodaRuss

Last night the ps4 version only had about 14K online which is a pretty big drop from the 22K it had until COD came out.

I am loving the game but I am not sure how much legs the online community has. It's a shame because this games MP is far superior to that garbage infinity war put out last week.

Well last night there was a pretty big deal going on that many TVs were turned on to. I wouldn't be too worried. It wouldn't surprise me if there were many other active MP communities with numbers this low that no one knows is an issue because they don't broadcast the numbers

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Well last night there was a pretty big deal going on that many TVs were turned on to. I wouldn't be too worried. It wouldn't surprise me if there were many other active MP communities with numbers this low that no one knows is an issue because they don't broadcast the number

Yep. People would focus on that rather than the actual game. Honestly, Respawn shouldn't have included it in the first place, but understandable why they did.

Last night the ps4 version only had about 14K online which is a pretty big drop from the 22K it had until COD came out.

I am loving the game but I am not sure how much legs the online community has. It's a shame because this games MP is far superior to that garbage infinity war put out last week.

Wouldn't be worried that much. I have a lot of shooter pals on PSN and they're pretty much divided. Not a lot on IW, but more on BF1 and some on TF2. It's the elections and all. I gather, it'll be at 15K to 18K per day, with weekends getting bigger. It's not a big issue, to be honest. I find games ASAP but I only play Attrition and Bounty Hunt.

Play it normally and it'll be alright. Worry about that, and it'll add unnecessary worry to your gaming time, which is supposed to be for fun, no? :)

Also, Black Friday and Christmas should spike it up as well. Lots of people waiting on the Pro before playing this, and some are waiting for Black Friday sales as well.

iddqd

Really happy with the game but its amazing how bad I am at it.
Constantly last place. I played a ton of Q3 back in the day and always thought some of those skills are transferable but holy hell.. I feel lost with movement, enemy spotting and once I have a titan, key binds.

Maybe its age!

deoee

QXVTWWE.jpg

Somethings not right...

KodaRuss

I'm not on board of the "nerf her" screamers, but she feels the easiest to play by far.
Especially sniping pilots is a joke.

I think on paper she sounds kinda complicated to play as but but it just kinda all makes sense when you are in the game. She feels just great to play as.

Legion is probably easier to figure out and Ion is fairly basic as well.

Northstar is easy to figure out as well, she just sucks though haha.

Top Bottom