• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Arkanius

You guys hyped the Campaign too much.
It was enjoyable but it was over so quickly.

It was a fun ride but not groundbreaking. There were hyperbole comparisons saying "HL2 and TNO level"

No Love

Banned
Anyone have tips for maintaining momentum with the bunny hop?

It seems after your first crouch jump your momentum starts to slow down. Is that how it's supposed to work?

Most effective bunny hopping is to chain it with wall runs. You can use it in a straight line but it's more like a manual or revert from Tony Hawk than a one and done. If you focus on staying vertical that is (which I recommend, allows you to hit from the side and do a lot of kill angles that makes it easy to disappear and re-engage other pilots reacting to their teammates dying nearby.)

It was a fun ride but not groundbreaking. There were hyperbole comparisons saying "HL2 and TNO level"
I've never finished HL2 but it's much better than TNO. For one the pacing and boss fights didn't suck.

JaMarco

Really happy with the game but its amazing how bad I am at it.
Constantly last place. I played a ton of Q3 back in the day and always thought some of those skills are transferable but holy hell.. I feel lost with movement, enemy spotting and once I have a titan, key binds.

Maybe its age!
Don't worry, the game has a really high learning curve. Just keep playing you'll get better.

Most effective bunny hopping is to chain it with wall runs. You can use it in a straight line but it's more like a manual or revert from Tony Hawk than a one and done. If you focus on staying vertical that is (which I recommend, allows you to hit from the side and do a lot of kill angles that makes it easy to disappear and re-engage other pilots reacting to their teammates dying nearby.)

I see, I didn't realize you had to strafe to keep your momentum when going anywhere that's not straight ahead.

deoee

i SUCK SO MUCH; BUT THERE IS NOTHING COOLER THAN FUCKING SHIT UP WITH A rONIN; SANDWICHED BETWEEN § OTHER TITANS AND THEN NUCLEAR EJECT - EVERYTHING IS CINDER NOW

Edit: Oops, accidental Shift Lock :D

LowSignal

Anybody think the auto aim when you melee a pilot using a titan is to high? I feel like I haven't missed many attempts to swat a pilot.

bwat47

Neo Member
anyone else getting a lot of lag/rubberbanding on us east coast today? checked my connection running all kinds of speed tests, ping tests, packet loss tests etc...and see no issues with my sonnection but I'm rubberbanding a lot in multiplayer tonight

First game of the night....trying to forget what happened with the elections. I think I took my anger out on the other team:

mp_complex30001_zpsbjklipu5.jpg

SwolBro

Banned
Tone needs 1 nerf and that's the sonar pulse painting targets. It's overpowered and allows people to constantly chip health away without even seeing you face to face. it's stunning how they won't just fix that.

And Ronin is by far the hardest titan to use.

E92 M3

If Respawn listens to the crying and actually nerfs a balanced titan I will be very disappointed.

"I don't like fighting Tone, please nerf."

And I moved to Scorch for now.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
does anyone actually like pilot vs titan? it's like pulling teeth to me. it's just ramming your head to open a brick wall. you'll eventually get there but it's just not fun at all how many pilot bodies you have to throw at the enemy titan if the team gts ahead

RedFury

anyone else getting a lot of lag/rubberbanding on us east coast today? checked my connection running all kinds of speed tests, ping tests, packet loss tests etc...and see no issues with my sonnection but I'm rubberbanding a lot in multiplayer tonight
Yes, absolutely unplayable. Had to call it a night.

RedFury

I'm also a vet and have zero problems with tone.

Tone is balanced! Maybe other Titans should be buffed a bit, but overall the game balance is nearly perfect.
Agreed I don't have issues with Tone and she's my least used because I find her so boring.

KodaRuss

Its definitely better than TNO but not HL2. I think the HL2 comparisons are really on the mechanics that you use to complete levels.

Strider

4 straight games joining in on a losing team where the enemy team has 200+ already...

JiP is fine (and needed for this game) but at least set some harder limits on it...

So I hit gen 10 with Tone, that dark titan and weapon skin looks good. Wondering which titan I should level up next. I am thinking Northstar. Anyone else play a lot of LTS? Wonder if its any good in that mode.

Cloak has no business being in this game outside of deploying out of your Titan. Just played a match of PvP against an entire team of cloakers, we lost 100-98 and it was frustrating. It's really the only time I get annoyed when I get killed, by some clown hiding in a corner with their cloak ability in use. Otherwise, all deaths seem fair, but fuck cloak.

Top Bottom