• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
That was just rude xD

I've only taken Legion to lvl 5, but in that short time I felt that as soon as I saw an enemy Titan, it was my god-given duty to never let go of the trigger, regardless of the consequences.

This is atleast what I do when I have smart core up. Never not shooting!

denx

I don't know what is it with this game but I'm doing pretty poorly in most matches, and I used to do pretty good in TF1.

Menitta

I am off my game tonight. One match, I had 1 kill. Yesterday I had 21. I might need a break from this game. I've been playing it every day since launch.

The campaign in this game is so damn good. The art direction is so damn good. The level design is so damn good. The controls are so damn good. This game is so damn good.

SwolBro

Banned
I don't know what is it with this game but I'm doing pretty poorly in most matches, and I used to do pretty good in TF1.

It's a very different feeling game, you just have to keep playing and get used to this one.

Yeah, it's definitely a different feeling game. Takes some adjustment and getting used to. The movement is a bit different but you can still out strafe people, maybe not as much as the first but you still can.

joecanada

How do you get out of Titan ? In sp you just hit up and square but it doesn't seem to work in Mp. Starts self destruct sequence...

Hit Gen 4 today. I'm still having a blast with everything, and still haven't even seriously used all the primaries yet. Finishing up the R-97 and the Cold War right now.

Guys, I need more people to play with on XBO. I work midnights, so I can really only play during the day. (Eastern Time Zone)

Gamertag: SheriffofPaddys

Logsi

Absolutely adore the G2...

You have to totally change your play style to suit it but it's so rewarding and quite fun to be a distance away from someone hopelessly spraying at you as you give them 3 pot shots and take them out. Got so many double and triple kills with it. Usually go 20+ kills to a couple of deaths most games.

Using the G2 with extended mags, quick sight with the ACOG. God forbid if I get a turret at the same time. Can be ruinous!

Aw yeah, this game will be $27 at Walmart on Black Friday, so I can complete the double-dip for PS4. See y'all in a few weeks, PS4 TitanGAF :)

Picking up my PS4 Pro a week before that too.

level1

So what's the word on ps4 pro improvements? Played a quick match this morning but couldn't really see any improvements to how the game looks on a standard ps4. No visual options in the menu either :( Are we still waiting on a patch or something?

X-Frame

So what's the word on ps4 pro improvements? Played a quick match this morning but couldn't really see any improvements to how the game looks on a standard ps4. No visual options in the menu either :( Are we still waiting on a patch or something?

The Digital Foundry video on Titanfall 2 says it's mostly unchanged except that the resolution has been bumped up from 900-1000p to 1440p, and that should be both for SP and MP when using a Pro. Otherwise a lot of other graphical effects that are on the PC version were not included in Pro mode.

E92 M3

Resetting is so much easier now that you can buy the stuff you really want. Great touch.

Yes, regening is actually not a hassle anymore. I love it.

Cloak has no business being in this game outside of deploying out of your Titan. Just played a match of PvP against an entire team of cloakers, we lost 100-98 and it was frustrating. It's really the only time I get annoyed when I get killed, by some clown hiding in a corner with their cloak ability in use. Otherwise, all deaths seem fair, but fuck cloak.

Idk about PvP, but cloak does nothing in attrition. In fact, I see cloak campers across the map. They are very easy to easy. PvP is not really Titanfall, so the game shouldn't be balanced around campers there.

Menthuss

I think that Ronin, before anything, should at the very least have his phase dash changed so it damages an enemy if you end up dashing into one. That way you can use phase dash more aggressively without having to worry about instantly dying.

Xater

I think that Ronin, before anything, should at the very least have his phase dash changed so it damages an enemy if you end up dashing into one. That way you can use phase dash more aggressively without having to worry about instantly dying.

But it's really funny when they dash toward you to close in and you just step forward to kill them.

Mupod

Ronin's core ability should be renamed to 'please execute me'. What's weird is how often I see teammates backpedaling and shooting a core-active but doomed Ronin.

Tried out Volt last night and can see why it's so common/overused. Just a really easy to use gun and very strong. I still can't quite wrap my head around proper use of phase shift but it seemed to be pretty effective with that gun. I mostly used phase shift to sneak from my titan into the bounty bank and out again safely. Won handily but it was a feel-good match where people were actually chatting across both sides about the game, I had to go but I think they formed a party. It was nice.

Cmagus

Grabbed this today, played a few matches so far it's a much better improvement than TF1. I think I've spent more time in the pilot vs pilot mode though because that was my favourite type of gameplay.

E92 M3

This looks cool with the execution taking place while projectiles are flying by:

1g6DKDw.gif

Lulubop

Started uses Scorch, easily my favorite Titan. Which Scorch kit are you guys using? I'm using the dash for my Titan kit.

Man, i really love this game. I was digging BF1 but I haven't touched it since this came out.

E92 M3

Started uses Scorch, easily my favorite Titan. Which Scorch kit are you guys using? I'm using the dash for my Titan kit.

Man, i really love this game. I was digging BF1 but I haven't touched it since this came out.

Scorch is amazing and probably the scariest Titan to fight. I need my boost. Can't play without boost.

Mupod

I always use the extra boost. Even though I use Northstar most of the time now.

I live in Bounty Hunt though and people are starting to use nuclear to cheese bounty targets consistently. Might change things up. Or I could just use it for the first target and switch after.

Gator86

Ronin's core ability should be renamed to 'please execute me'. What's weird is how often I see teammates backpedaling and shooting a core-active but doomed Ronin.

Sword Core is the worst by such a wide margin. It leaves you so exposed and people are more than willing to eat a few sword strikes to get that execution on you. They need to just scrap it entirely or make it so you can't be executed during it. I go entire matches with it ready, but inactive.

Strider

Not at all, I find them to be very inconsequential these days. Anyone that moves around shouldn't have an issue.

totally disagree. Wall hack abilities is something I'd argue shouldn't be present in a game at all... Let alone available for the entire team.

I move fast paced at all times and it's still an issue... "Anyone that moves around shouldnt have an issue" is a very poor justification for an extremely poor mechanic. Sure you'll die less but regardless they still can determine exactly where I am and exactly where to shoot ahead fo time and it makes encounters feel ridiculously cheap when it's up.

If you wanna argue pulse in it's current form is fine since it forces people to move than alright... I can deal with that even though it's a big deal in hardpoint... But the constant wall hacking regardless of where I go throughout games is just really poor.

Mupod

I was just thinking. You can shoot during phase shift, right? Could you start firing with Devotion while shifted then pop out with the full firing speed?

Rayme

I was just thinking. You can shoot during phase shift, right? Could you start firing with Devotion while shifted then pop out with the full firing speed?
Exaaaaaaaactly. ;)

You can also start reloads, start grenade throws, wind up a melee...

I have no problem with sonar, as using it is only personal and takes away other options (and better ones imo), but I think wall hack is really bad. At least limit the range on that thing to like 100 feet or something. When the team can see where the other team is, it changes the entire flow of the game...for the worse. Yes both side usually get it throughout a game, but god it feels cheap.

Strider

Wall hack would be in a much better place if it only worked for the user... That would make it:

1) just as fun to equip and use since you get a really good ability (and would even give them the freedom to revert the ping/constant change)

and

2) Less frustrating to play against since you're only concerned with 1 enemy knowing your location instead of all of them.

Unless I'm forgetting something it's the only boost in the game that benefits everyone on your team and not just yourself.. That alone makes it insanely powerful.

Mupod

It's kind of funny that I've just gotten used to the visual glitches SLI introduces (mostly some weird light flickering on a couple maps). It'll be nice if and when they get fixed, though. Even without official support I still get noticeable performance improvement.

Exaaaaaaaactly. ;)

You can also start reloads, start grenade throws, wind up a melee...

Oh boy I am just the kind of human garbage to start doing that. I really like Devotion but a lot of people on PC use SMGs, which have an obvious advantage if you see each other at the same time. I keep going back to Stim but my last match might have sold me on phase shift.

A2theFake

Neo Member
Quick question: can anyone tell me what's the player count on Ps4?
I'm currently playing on pc and enjoying the hell out of the mp, but the player count of roughly 6-7K at peak hours frightens me a bit.
Some game modes like attrition or hard point struggle to reach 200 players even at specific times of the day.

I'm sitting currently at lvl 35 and thinking of switching to Ps4 if the mp community over there has a better outlook regarding longevity.

Quick question: can anyone tell me what's the player count on Ps4?
I'm currently playing on pc and enjoying the hell out of the mp, but the player count of roughly 6-7K at peak hours frightens me a bit.
Some game modes like attrition or hard point struggle to reach 200 players even at specific times of the day.

I'm sitting currently at lvl 35 and thinking of switching to Ps4 if the mp community over there has a better outlook regarding longevity.

20-30k at peak on both consoles, PS4 is slightly higher.

Top Bottom