• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TITANFALL 2 |OT| Don't Misgender Tone.

Well that was a solid first session of Titanfall 2.

This game delivers. Here are some of my favourite winning moments of the night.

Dropped Titan on enemy to win: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Dr Quincy M E/video/22896039

Kill Bill's The Bride style Swordplay: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Dr Quincy M E/video/22896051

Coliseum One Shot in final round: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Dr Quincy M E/video/22896070

And an aggressive Bounty play to win: http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Dr Quincy M E/video/22896083

That last clip was a great match to call it a night. The game was so close right at the end and Two titans were guarding my nearest bank. I went in, took out one, the other doomed me... So I ejected inside, hit my head on the ceiling, and somehow managed to cash in my bank roll to win the match. it was very close.

Are the executions where you rip a pilot out of their doomed titan gone from the game? Haven't seen a single one today, don't remember any in the tech test either.

Steiner

Banned
Just wrapped up my review for the game, and I loved it.

The campaign is easily the star of the show, here. What a great surprise. I'm talking DOOM levels of unexpected awesomeness. The story is very cliche, but it's done well. The pacing is excellent, and there's a perfect balance between fast-paced pilot play with frantic firefights and demanding platforming sequences, and the balls-to-the-wall Titan warfare. It's about a five-ish hour campaign, but it's all great after the first half-hour or so. Never a dull moment.

Movement is perfect. Sound effects are punchy and wonderful. Every weapon has its own arresting boom or rattle.

If you hated the multiplayer beta you probably won't like it here. TTK feels about the same. Maps seem to still be on the larger side with emphasis on outdoor areas. I love it, though, and I think it'll give it more staying power in the end. Tons of unlockable stuff.

Izuna

Banned
Strange activity with the party system. We can invite Networks then we have the green overlay etc. but after one game we get almost disbanded. We play the same game, but the "party" itself is gone.

tesqui

In Origin I really like the "New" text they put over games in your library that just came out. It makes launching it feel a bit more special. I might just be crazy though.

Redeemed a 2XP code, opened Titanfall 2, see this message:
-Pilot-

The codes you entered have been confirmed by our affiliates. Your supply drop is ready:

• Double XP Boost (1)
• Coliseum Ticket (1)
• Ion Night Tech Warpaint

But no actual 2xp is listed in my ingame inbox nor the Ion Night Tech Warpaint or the Coliseum ticket...
What do?

Edit: Found the issue! You have to click "Done with this message" for the rewards to show up.

This game (and a few others) have me thinking I should stop playing betas. The TF2 beta really frustrated me. I'm so happy to hear that the campaign is great and the improvements they made based on fan feedback have been well-received. I'll pick up the game, but my day-one hype was unfortunately killed by that beta.

Grisby

So if you're like me and waiting for the brick and mortar version in the morning, I'm catching up a bit on TF's lore for the sequels campaign.

This was an alright watch before I head to bed in a few. I still don't think I ever saw TF's whole mp story from both sides.

Dynasty8

So...I was let down by the beta...But how do you guys like the multiplayer so far? As good as TF1? Honest opinions please.

Karak

So...I was let down by the beta...But how do you guys like the multiplayer so far? As good as TF1? Honest opinions please.

I enjoy it more than #1 but without a shadow of a doubt I am disappointed that we don't see much reach on true unique gameplay elements in the types themselves. I guess I was hoping for more than DM and its variants. BUt thats me

The Ummah

Banned
Aw yiss. Pre-ordered at 8:59. Prepare for Titanfall!

Went from the 360 to the PS4, so I was never able to properly try the original at home. Loved watching the footage, and the little that I was able to play at a friend's place. Played the alpha and was hooked.

Looking forward to jumping in. I'll see you guys on the GAF network!

Steiner

Banned
Still pretty early in the campaign, but find myself dying to Ticks more than anything. Any good ways of handling those things? Just keep moving?
Pretty much. And shoot them on sight, obviously. Preferably while they're still grouped close together so you can get chain explosions.

Can't find a data center for MP on PC at all, gonna go to bed since I played the single player on VPN earlier anyway. Excited to get into MP first thing in the morning (With my luck it won't be working lol)

Strider

Hmmm... just going through the menus. Am I missing something or is there no profile/stats/achievements/etc page like in TF1?

Top Bottom